lucky strike [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 0:40:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]he bites his tongue, knowing full well that there were plenty of them in that bar to overwhelm the both of them. if it had come to violence, it would have taken a miracle for them to walk away unscathed. and that's with august there. but he lets her have it. 

he makes a face, crinkling his nose. "yeah? you're sayin' you're more 'an a bossy hardass? i never woulda guessed." 

remus makes a chuffing sound in the backseat and then coughs to smother up the laugh. 

"well, first one's on you. for draggin' me into your shit. sound fair?"

x x x
@bean2
[newclass=.augpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.augpost i]color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.augpost b]color:#716075;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

NPC

awards
207 posts
NPC DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rocketnpc1
NPC
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 0:47:32 GMT
NPC Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎃TRICK-or-TREAT!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]

A PUMPKABOO FLOATS BY with a treat clasped underneath its tiny fangs. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: you do not need to engage with the pumpkaboo icly).[break]
@bean2 & @augustus

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 0:48:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sampokestri"]

[attr="class","sampokes"]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

"You say bossy, I say assertive." Eden shrugs casually and pulls the keys from ignition, tossing them and catching them in the air. She grins over at him. "Get it right." She taps his nose with the end of the key, and moves to get out of the car, waiting for her passengers to get out, before locking the doors.
[break][break]
"Sounds fair. I can live with that." She shrugs at his request and gestures to the door. "Come on." She passes him and heads inside, breathing in the oaken smell of cigars and whiskey. It was a place that exclusively served their own craft distilled whiskey, so Eden was familiar.
[break][break]
"I recommend the Brothel's Barrel, for your starter. It's mild, but it's got a nice, strong smell to it. It's my favourite, other than Miller's Run." She gestures to the menu.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[attr="class","samnotes"]

[newclass=".sampost"] [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost i"] color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost a"] color:#765d75;font-size:11px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; margin-bottom: 100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 0:57:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]he looks after her, raises a hand to wipe away the ghost-feeling of the key pressing against his nose. and then he turns, catches remus staring. "what?" he snaps and the lucario just shrugs and gets out of the car. 

he stretches delicately on his toes and yawns, ears flattening as he does. then he shakes it out and joins august as he steps out of the car as well. 

the air is cool. he pulls his jacket closer, zips it up halfway. he can be intimidating, to some, with his black muscle tee and black leather. he prefers brown. but it's not as easy to hide bloodstains. 

he follows her inside. it smells and feels like a distillery. he has the money for craft shit, but usually he's found coddling a yeungling or a pbr. so he'll call this splurging for a job well done. 

besides, she's buying the first one. 

"i'll go with the lady's recommendation," he says with a wave as the bartender hands them a couple glasses of water. he flicks the menu away from himself and leans back in his seat, fingers splayed across his chin as he sizes her up (respectfully). 

his eyes narrow. "you must've known who i was, to an extent, huh? 'cause you called me seven. that all you know?"

x x x
@bean2
[newclass=.augpost b]color:#716075;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 1:06:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

"I know... Some." Eden rolls her wrist, still wearing her red gloves. Leather, expensive. She sighs and pulls them off, her knuckles scabbed over in the bright lighting at the bar top. "Your name is Augustus. I didn't get a last name, but I did look up your files for a minute to make sure you wouldn't just outright kill me."
[break][break]
She glances over to her companion, raising an eyebrow. "But of course, you were quick to assume I wouldn't check out my sources before entering a situation with them, so." She shrugs her shoulders. "I knew what you were useful for. Had no idea you'd be quite that helpful, but I'm grateful none-the-less." She smiles over his shoulder at Remus.
[break][break]
"For you, as well! Thank you." Eden thanks the lucario again, before folding her hands in front of her, around her cup. She grins at the round ice cube as the whiskey is poured over a sugar spoon, watching the liquid melt the crystals.
[break][break]
They knew her here, it was apparent. She nods in thanks to the bartender when he's finished serving them, and looks back to August.
[break][break]
"Would you like to know anything about me?"

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

[newclass=".sampokestri"] position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-top:solid 23px transparent!important;border-bottom:solid 23px transparent!important;border-right:solid 15px #1a1a1a;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-17px;z-index:1000;-webkit-transition:.2s;transition:.2s;-ms-transition:.2s;-o-transition:.2s;-moz-transition:.2s; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampokes"] background-color:#1a1a1a;width:320px;padding:5px;margin-top:-23px;margin-left:15px;height:36px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sampost b"] font-weight:lighter;color:#765d75;font-size:12px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samtri2"] position: absolute; height: 0px; width: 0px; border-left: solid 10px #765d75; border-top: solid 15px transparent; border-bottom: solid 15px transparent; margin-top: 5px; margin-left:315px; margin-bottom: 100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes"] width:320px; height:20px; background-color:#765d75!important; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); text-align:right; padding:5px; color:#1a1a1a; margin-left:-340px;margin-top:-15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".samnotes a"] color:#1a1a1a; font-family:courier new; text-transform:lowercase; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 1:12:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]color him impressed. he's starting to get the feeling that people underestimate eden, on the daily. and he's a bit upset with himself that he hadn't made the exception. 

she's more talkative now, that's for sure. and maybe it's because she's in her element. here, surrounded by the quiet murmur of people discussing their own secrets. the hours can pass by without a thought; it's easy to feel like you're spending an infinity in a place like this. 

he takes a sip. he's a whiskey man when he can afford it and his eyes give him away (which is a rarity). he flicks his gaze away. remus coddles a glass of water and raises it towards eden in acknowledgment. 

his mouth goes dry, and not because of the drink. he blinks at her, leans back, fidgets. "i don't pay much attention to names," he admits finally. "so i don't even know who your pops is. i just do my job and make the most of shit."

he tilts his head, relaxes just a bit. his veins feel warm as he takes another sip. "what 'bout you? walk me through a day in eden's shoes."

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 1:21:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

"It's fine, I wish I didn't know who he was - so I suppose you can not know for the both of us." It wouldn't surprise her if he went to look him up after, though. Eden was used to people giving in to curiosity. She was even used to the look when they found out just how terrible her father really was.
[break][break]
"Mm, no cupcake or princess? I'm really moving up." Eden grins and takes a long sip of her whiskey, sighing through her nose to really enhance to whole bodied flavour of it. "Well, bar the usual that goes on at home..." She thinks for a moment, then smiles.
[break][break]
"I'm a medical resident. I travel between a few of the hospitals in Hoenn, but I'm primarily stationed in Slateport, so I get to spend the days I work at my apartment here. Then I return to Rustboro on my off days." She shrugs her shoulders. "So, mostly, I stitch people up, make sure they don't die. Get thrown up on. Have arteries explode on me. You know, hospital things." She smiles, genuinely. The light casting on her face highlights a hollowed bruise under her eye that she's put makeup on - expertly, noted - to cover it up. "I work tomorrow night, so I'll be able to stay in Slateport." She'll just say she needed the car for work. Hopefully that would be enough.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 1:28:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]he looks at her over the rim of his glass. she's so open, so honest, and he doesn't really know what to do with it all. does he feel sorry for her? he doesn't know. but now that the adrenaline's fading, now that those men's faces are getting more and more blurry, he's losing that anger. 

she brings up her father. he doesn't know if she wants him to talk about it. is ignoring it worse?

"your pop sounds like a dick," is what he manages to come up with. 

"so you stitch up the assholes i send to the hospital," he says with a rough laugh. he sets his empty glass on the table, turns his head to order another one, but keeps his gaze on eden as he does. 

he wants to ask why go back? why not stay? but he doesn't know how or why he'd want to know anyways. he also withholds the fact that his own apartment's just a few blocks from here. why? he doesn't know. but he's not liking the feeling in his gut and it's half the reason why he's so grateful when he's handed another cocktail. 

something to do with his hands. 

"eh, we'll find the right one eventually," he says casually and then, smiling as he raises his glass to his lips, murmurs, "right, honey?"

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 1:40:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden snorts a laugh and covers her mouth, containing the rest of the giggle that bubbles up in her throat. "He is, yeah." A pause. "And yep, I do." She grins at him and raises her glass to her lips, regarding him with a bit more than mild interest now. He's actually sort of fun, when he's not yelling at her.
[break][break]
When he calls her honey, she stalls, and wrinkles her nose, nearly spewing whiskey out of it. "Oh, no. Definitely not that." She laughs again and shakes her head, raising her fingers for a new drink, her old one already gone, ice ball melting in the center.
[break][break]
"Still, it wasn't so bad... Tonight, I mean."

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 1:47:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]her laugh is infectious. he finds himself chuckling, albeit awkwardly, and he can just feel remus boring holes in the back of his thread. so he saves himself from embarrassment by turning in his chair and shooting a glance at the lucario. 

and then his own laughter comes to an abrupt halt. he turns, sharply, back towards her, a look of bewilderment plain as day on his face. he opens his mouth, closes it again, and then just sighs. it's not his problem to worry about her. 

"yeah," he says. "prob'ly better 'an sewin' up drunkards after a hard night on the town." 

he looks sideways at her. "and it's just august, by the way. never cared for augustus. too stuffy."

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 1:57:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden chuckles softly. "You're right, much better than sewing up drunkards." She hums and clicks her tongue, looking up and away. Why was he being so... weird? She curls her fingers around her glass and taps the rhythm of the soft music playing on the overhead speakers.
[break][break]
"Oh! Okay. August, then." She smiles, and holds out her hand after wiping the condensation of the glass off. "Eden. Nice to formally meet you." Eden nods, meaning every word - it was nice. He seems like a nice guy, willing to defend her at the drop of a hat. She wonders, briefly, if he's this valiant in other situations.
[break][break]
"Are you enjoying the whiskey?" She points to his glass, eyebrows arching, knitting upwards and together.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 2:04:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]seedy, unseemly things happen in the dark. and not at night. not in those early hours of moonrise, where there are still level-headed civilians out. no. the scum crawls out at two, three o'clock in the morning. 

and so it's just past two now that they find themselves sitting in this bar. he's used to this part of the job--the being up late part. and remus is basically nocturnal. 

but the whiskey is starting to get to his head and the bar's hush-hush atmosphere is making things softer, more intimate

he realizes he hasn't done this in a while. gone out for a drink with someone. with someone like her. he looks at her again, asks himself if he wants to do what his brain is telling him to act on. (it's the liquor talking.)

he looks down. his glass is empty again. "lot better 'an i'm used to, for sure. bartender." she perks up, makes her way over. he slides a card out. "one more for the both of us. put it all on my tab."

he eases back in his chair, settles. "how'd ya find this place? 's a wonder it survived the invasion. but i guess that's somethin' we all got in common, huh? can't hate a good drink."

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 2:10:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden blinks and watches him slide his card over. "I thought I was getting your first one?" She raises an eyebrow and laughs, before shaking her head. "Mmmm, well!" She clasps her hands together excitedly.
[break][break]
"It's actually really interesting, you see. Distilleries all have an agreement with each other. They keep casks of each other's product, so that if there's ever a warehouse fire - since it's all wood - they'll still have a supply. They all have these sorts of things, so they can make it through the bag times." She gestures to the bar around them. "These casks were stored in a warehouse in Littleroot, so." Her hands went to her new drink.
[break][break]
"They survived." She smiles brightly. "Isn't that amazing?"

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 2:16:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","augpost"]"nex' time," he says offhandedly, without thinking. 

he reaches for his requested drink and raises it to the barkeep in thanks. she purses her lips in what might be the beginnings of a laugh, but she hides it well enough that he doesn't notice. 

and then he blinks with a start when she clasps her hands together. and he's looking at her soft face while she's talking and he finds himself smiling at just how fucking radiant she is while she's talking about this. and he wonders if he's ever felt this passionate about anything like she is for these godsdamned whiskey barrels. 

"littleroot," he repeats, watches her reach for her new drink. she's matching him in pace. or is that still her second? 

he looks at his watch. they've been here forty minutes. fifty? nearly an hour now. bar'll be closing soon. 

"you eve' thought about doin' somethin' like this? a distillery? don't they have reps for this kinda shit?" 

x x x
@bean2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lucky strike [m]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2019 2:26:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break][break]

[attr="class","sampost"]

Eden smiles softly. "Next time, then." She agrees, before settling more comfortably into her seat. She hums to the tune on the radio again, tapping her fingers on the new glass to the beat, before feeling her cheeks flush at his suggestion.
[break][break]
"Ah, that, unfortunately, I cannot do." She breathes a laugh and takes another long sip. "Between what my family wants, and me wanting to be a doctor..." She shrugs. "Besides, I think if it were my job, I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I do." She licks her lips, sighing happily at the taste.
[break][break]
"When you're passionate about something, and you turn it into a job, sometimes... It becomes a chore. And I don't want to lose my passion, you know?" Eden shrugs. It was all she had left.

[break][break]

@augustus +

[attr="class","samtri2"]