Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 13:48:47 GMT
noah faber Avatar

to receive even the vaguest glimpse of a more complete "elite four life" excites him. sure, the answer may have been relatively mundane and yet, noah flavors even the uncertainties with a quixotic color. for noah, to be allowed the distinct privilege of being kyle's new year date is an incredible honor; still, he senses the acute incogruity of their standing. the rich get richer- they do not marry down.

tethered by vermillion affection, noah follows. he sets frey down only after they reach a section with thinned crowds. the two catch up to kyle, the clacking of noah's wooden sandals and the muted thuds of houndour paws sneaking up to the e4's gait.

noah slides a free arm around kyle's and pulls in close. "i might be selfish then, and ask you first every year."

he's tempted to rest his head against the other's shoulder, but even then, this is a date- no official commencement of something more. even here, he attempts to seduce kyle into what ifs with his directness, his impulsive ventures postured as seasoned lover rather than date.

noah gives in. head feeling heavy with wishful dreams as he leans on kyle. he looks on. he sees festival goers swaying and shifting below the tired lights of the lanterns, their shapes obscure and indistinct. the only thing he is certain of is the friction of their arms.

"i know we haven't gone on too many 'dates', or stuff like that yet, but... i'm happy. just like this." he murmurs.

a hill looms ahead.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 15:55:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the sudden hold gets kyle to tense up, his arm unintentionally flexing on noah's touch. it gets to his head, sending his mind on a haywire from the unexpected progression of the night.

"w-w-wait!" kyle is unsure on how to follow through. he was unprepared, evident with the stammering. "i, uh, y-yeah! er, i mean, early bird catches the worm, or stuff like that. haha..."

he forces his legs to move, as they too freeze up. he almost jumps as well when noah rests his head on him. he is ill-prepared for advances such as these, having never really experience anything similar before. perhaps he viewed things in the perspective of just being friends, but noah has already made his intentions evident.

it would have been easier if their relationship had been like that, or if it was complicated enough for him to cast away. he tries his best not to get affected by his actions, although words were something he can't outright ignore.

he wants to say something, but instead, he grows hot with self-consciousness instead. kyle thinks of the words he wants to say in his head, carefully going through them multiple times to make sure the right ones comes out of his mouth. he wasn't as good as it when it comes to words, and the pressure of the situation makes him more conscious of them.

by the time he does, they were already in the spot. the panic of turning your work in too late settles. everything he worked in his head disappears and he utters the most bare bones of a response to noah.

"i-i'm happy too."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 0:31:10 GMT
noah faber Avatar

the reciprocation comes sweetly, like the blades of grass tickling noah's legs. he sits, readjusts his yukata to remove wrinkles. while frey awaits his owner, noah lays their takeout box on the slope.

the sauce, spicy and fruity, wafts enticingly of perfect caramelization. noah sets his chopsticks on the box before patting the ground, beckoning for kyle to come sit beside him.

"come quick! before it gets cold."

below, the basking lights of the festival leak into kyle's familiar outline. noah watches his approach, stars brimming in his eyes. he rewrites the world, carefully shifting the set pieces of their date, the colors painted in sincere shades, and the extraneous distractions cast aside.

in noah's make believe, even the simplest reciprocation of happiness is the magic word to wake his heart.

as they gather, noah looks ahead into the glinting night. "you know, i never thought i'd get this far." he pushes his chopsticks through the plastic wrap before pulling them through. "i didn't even think you'd agree to some random guy's help."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 1:27:27 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle turns to his houndour. while he did not do anything wrong, kyle feels it's only a matter of time before he does. whimpers and shameless display of puppy eyes already started. kyle looks at frey with disdain before recalling him back to his ball.

"you'll get yours later," he tells his pokemon.

as the houndour returns to its ball, kyle finally settles on the ground beside noah, subconsciously situating himself too close. his arms brush against noah's as he shifts around, taking his chopsticks out and opening his container. the smell was so strong that he gives himself a pat in the back for taking preemptive measures of keeping the dog in its ball while they eat.

"hey, if someone offers you free stuff, you take it,"
he jests, justifying it with a reasoning more believable than his actual one. he turns to noah, looking at him with an expression of contempt. "and how high of a pedestal did you put me in? i'll tell you right now that i'm going to disappoint you sooner or later if you keep this up."

he sinks in his chopsticks deep in the container of noodles, picking them up with it and blowing on them, cooling them off.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 2:47:26 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah's face brightens, an inward candle lit that bends the outer shell of wax and renders the inner pillar gooey. the burning wick flickers, reminded of noah's generosity. perhaps, he's given too much. too liberally. in the lit chamber of his inner world, noah believes he can not give enough in time.

he bumps his arm back into kyle, sticking his own chopsticks into the tangle of greasy yakisoba. the box is full, nestled against a stack of kleenex. noah draws his noodles, a wrinkled chip of cabbage tucked between his chopsticks.

"pretty high." noah says. "and if you disappoint me, i'll---" daring huffs from his nostrils as he lunges forth. he steals kyle's noodles, biting the chopsticks with a crisp chomp. he pulls back, stripping kyle's chopsticks before slurping them back. they wiggle past his lips and disappear. "take every free thing- mm! i've given, back!" he chews, the savory taste coating his mouth.

noah's theft leaves oil trails on his chin, as he lets his own noodles cool.

"to be real with you, i'm more worried about disappointing you."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 3:21:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he enters a state of shock when he gets his noodles stolen. he stares at noah before composing himself, turning back to his takeout container and then wearing a triumphant smile.

he points his chopsticks at noah. "wrong move, faber. should've stolen the second bite i'll take for an indirect kiss." he goes back to his noodles afterwards, and repeats the process of grabbing them and cooling them down.

noah's concern about his image gets ignored for the most part, with kyle taking what he says at face value. he turns away from noah this time, his free hand protecting his noodles this time. he consumes it quickly, not letting him take any.

"well, you're good. you don't steal shit from my house, i think, so you're good."

he chews his food and swallows. "and go clean yourself." his hands dig into the pocket of his jeans and takes a handkerchief out, throwing it at noah's face. he'd do it himself, but part of him is worried that noah's going to break if he does.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 3:54:19 GMT
noah faber Avatar

he's right. noah grabs his chest as if he's been shot. in the drama, his world shatters like a terrible soap opera edit, panels of glass knocking his mind into some shadowy plane.

he breathes heavily, as if in severe recuperation. "then... i'll have to go for a direct attack next time."

noah's act begins to evanesce as kyle secures the beginnings of his meal.

"and we both know just how super-effective that is."

a thick, smug smile forms across his oiled lips. before he can laugh, noah gobbles his knot of noodles.

he speaks as he chews on cabbage, hands gesticulating in the air with his chopsticks. "have people stolen stuff from you before?"

noah imagines what he'd steal, but as if on cue, he's given a lesser relic. he wipes his chin with a mutter of thanks and muses upon the possible hoard.

"i know what i'd steal."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 5:18:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"y-you can't do that!"

kyle gets hot and stuffy despite the cold new year's chill. the threat lingers, and noah has already proven that he is not afraid to pull the trigger. what makes it more potent is the fact that noah is right.

he pushes his face to just above his takeout container, hoping it hides the fluster showing in his expression. he concentrates on it, takes another mouthful, chewing and swallowing, before lifting his head back up to respond.

"n-no. i have my dogs there so i can even leave my front door unlocked. the dogs like you though, and that's dangerous."

he turns to noah, eyeing him conspicuously. "what're you gonna steal then?" knowing noah, any material object has the possibility of being taken. he knows he wouldn't actually do it, but just in case...

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 6:43:07 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah chews for longer, cheek puffed out playfully like a greedunt's. he waves a cut carrot stick around and circles the air.

"uhhh, i can. and i already did." he punctuates his sentence with a tap of his chopsticks before plopping the vegetable in his mouth.

every reaction he elicits is a mini-firework. noah can not help but borrow such sparks on his own face. to see someone so cool, so composed break and adorn meek swathes is the rarest treasure. he wonders who else has seen such a thing- aside from kyle's dogs.

"huh? i can't tell you, man." noah shimmeys around, leaning his sturdy back against kyle as he slurps his last noodle. "if i did, then you'd make it harder for me to take."

he crosses his arms as he sets his chopsticks on the grass by the grease-stained takeout box. his long sleeves billow in the slightest gust as they dangle from his forearms.

"if i could, i'd just steal you, anyway."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 7:15:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i was gonna stop by my apartment later and invite you in, but you're making me have second thoughts about it."

his apartment was the real treasure trove despite being the easier target between it and his home. with a bunch of the things he considers important, whether expensive or not, the apartment unit he has on slateport was more of a home to kyle than his verdanturf one.

he finishes the last of his noodles, licking is lips as he savors the last of the tastes. the container is placed on top of noah's, silently hoping he'd throw it out to the trash for the both of them.

"quick. tell me. maybe you'll find it easier to steal me if i know."

as much as he doesn't pry in anyone's affairs, curiosity was a big part of kyle's character. to judge noah based on his choice wasn't really wrong in determining his person, but at this point, kyle guesses he probably wouldn't be surprised by any curve ball served towards him.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 7:54:23 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"no. wait." noah turns, grabbing the other's arm and shaking it. "wait, wait, wait. second thoughts? forget i said anything, okay?"

he tenses his legs. shifts awkwardly in his seat, the grass tickling him as his skin flushes sensitive. to taste means to give way to a chase of cravings. the lingering flavor of their takeout falls to a different hunger.

yet, he leashes himself. tugs back. restraint is costly. and although the night changes them into denizens, the festival staves off his hungry spirits.

still, noah dangles himself at the precipice. he leans close, fluttering whispers by kyle's ear like ribbons. "if... i tell you, you can't hate me, okay? 'cause... it's your fault."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 8:08:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle stares at noah, watching him squirm about. his face contorts to a scowl, second guessing himself multiple times. every time he thinks noah's easy to read, he just acts in a direction that kyle doesn't expect him to go for.

this time, he's certain this wasn't something big and is just probably overreacting.

"what are you even embarrassed about? i can tell you, like, ten things you've done in the past few weeks that i'd kill myself for if i've done it."

he starts to do as he said, only to start blushing as he recalls enough events that makes his heart hasten. he dips his head, scratching the back of his head, as what he thought to be an encouraging thing backfired on him too fast.

"but, yeah, yeah. sure, sure." he stands up from his position, picking up the takeout containers they left on the ground, as well as the kyle plushie he won earlier. afterwards, he starts to count down.

"10... 9..."

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 8:29:55 GMT
noah faber Avatar

"only ten things?!" noah cries fire, but there is no anger. only disappointment. "i woulda hoped it was more than that." he laughs nervously, twisting the fever of that night into a strength.

initially, noah had planned to keep his secrets. the scene had been set for something soft an innocent: the simple subterfuge of a nibbling kiss on kyle's ear. yet, the man sidesteps his intent. having missed the opportunity, noah is left with the dilemma of improvisation.

"h-hey... this is," noah shakes as his throat dries. the countdown descends into something unexplored, unexpected- and now, noah finds himself the flustered one.

he has to turn the tables, and as noah notices kyle with his hands full, he presses the advantage.

"it's," noah pushes his chest against kyle, peering up at him while being the reddest he's ever been. his hands slide into kyle's pants and his fingers, nimble and deliberate, tug at the waistband of his boxers. "these!"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 8:58:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"n-n-noah! what the fuck?" his voice was hushed, but it cannot deny the exasperated tone on it.

his face reddens up, getting flustered more than noah was. his head swishes from side to side, looking at people around them. they were sparse and a distance away, and busied with their own businesses. still, kyle is too flustered at the situation.

his hands were full. he doesn't have any other option besides throw away their food container, which was littering and bad practice for the environment. he considers his options, grumbling at being put in a corner.

he leans forward, whispering to noah's ears. "n-not in public. please."

as he pulls out, all kyle could show noah was a rattled expression, too nervous to do anything and too inexperienced to know how to handle the situation.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
course [m]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2020 9:21:21 GMT
noah faber Avatar

scolded, noah pulls his greedy fingers out. they resonate with the residual warmth he has wicked away. befuddlement brushes upwards on his face, and as he reels back with the realization of what he has done, he offers apologies in his blue eyes.

still, like a man who has lied one too many times, or a reprobate who has covered crime with worse crime, noah feels compelled to bear on. he leans forward. their exchange a pestering pendulum.

"then how about your apartment?" noah mutters under his breath, but that breath falls into a soft laugh. one that is tuned solemn perhaps, the note tinged with the knelling of a heavy bell. "s-sorry, don't know what came over me. the last person liked that sorta stuff- so, i think i'm just acting in autopilot."