6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 19:33:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle is left to wander around the forest on his own. left with little to no tools besides a flare and his pokemon, he is expected to last until the end of the day. it doesn't seem like too much of a challenge, but like every gym, kyle expects for it to have some sort of twist.

the flare is pretty much shoved to the depths of his back pocket. there was no way kyle would end up giving in. his collection was at stake, and while giving up was always an option for him, redoing things wasn't. it was such a waste of time that he could've used to sleep or play video games, after all.

he surveys the area, a hand hovering over his pokeball holster in case he needs to quick draw. it was dark, and while his eyes were slowly adapting to the darkness, it wasn't enough to actually have anything close to a night vision.

Np_|sNsv

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
Tell me what exactly are you thinking, right now - Do you still love me? Or is it that you hate me?
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2020 20:05:22 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]

VOLBEAT

LIGHT THE AIR

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

The darkness makes it difficult to see. A bit of walking, and he'll find himself in an area with mud resting beneath a thin layer of ice; the terrain was dangerous to walk on. [break][break]

Thankfully, flickers of light begin to make their way around. A swarm of VOLBEAT begin to dance around in the air, and their light from the backside begin to faintly reveal the path. They won't be there for long, however. [break][break]

These pokemon are harmless, and pay no mind to the trainer trying to make his way quietly. [break][break]

However, the dim veil of light reveals a path deviating from the icy-muddy terrain. The soil was much more dry, and pebbles begin to litter the ground. The sound of running water could be heard in the distance..[break][break]

On the other hand, the muddy terrain doesn't last for long: the volbeat seem to be heading down the path to take shelter. Following them will continue to provide light..

[break][break]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]
Please roll in the post to determine your fate.

[attr="class","missionTag"]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2020 18:11:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the instructions were too vague that kyle simply puts off the decision on which angle to take to a later time. both had a different approach that the objective needs to be fulfilled, and kyle decides that even if he was to do nothing and wander around, he'd achieve some kind of conclusion one way or another.

he spots a volbeat that catches his attention immediately. the light it emits brightens up the vicinity, providing vision for kyle. with humans having less reliable senses than pokemon, kyle takes all the help he can get.

kyle decides to follow the volbeat just because he needs the lighting it provides. he readies a hand on his holster, ready to draw a pokemon at the moment's notice. while he keeps himself alert for any noise, he hopes the light will be enough to show him if there were hostile pokemon nearby.

BL|BoHyl

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
Tell me what exactly are you thinking, right now - Do you still love me? Or is it that you hate me?
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 0:32:41 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

VOLBEAT

ARE STILL GOING "VOL VOL"

As he follows the bug pokemon, he finds that more began to gather. More and more, until he catches the whiff of a slightly sweet aroma. Further walking will lead him to an elevated footing. The drop isn't too high, but some footwork around will definitely be needed to get around unscathed. The trees do not obstruct the moonlit sky, and even then the volbeat circling around and creating complex patterns for their female counterparts is enough to illuminate the air. [break][break]

The volbeat and illumise seem to be enjoying their night, and there are no signs of anything hostile, yet. [break][break]

It's getting late. It would probably be smart to set up camp, what with the airs slowly growing more chilly by the minute. The dropping temperatures of the night, mixed with the chilled airs of hoenn winter is cruel. [break][break]

The elevated ground is too low to be a cliff, but the mud will still make it slippery if he tries to go down. On the other hand, there are numerous stones, twigs and leaves scattered about.

[break][break]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]
Please roll in the post.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2020 17:26:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
if this wasn't just a simulation of a survival situation and was the real thing, kyle would have opted to play it safe and build a camp at what seemed to be a safe location. it wasn't, however, and kyle decides to take the riskier of the choice.

the elite four does not need a watch to know it's late. being used to staying up way past midnight like a typical young adult, he makes no signs of slowing down as he studies the gap between his footing and the one below him. the light from the volbeat aids in his judgement, and upon finding out it wasn't too high for a fall, he takes the dip.

kyle tries to go down, carefully attempting to do so without slipping. while his eyes make sure his feet go where they can, he lets his ears tell him if he's in danger around wild pokemon or not.

Kd6J8w2i

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 9:41:44 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

DARKNESS

SETTLES ONCE AGAIN

He slips down, but loses his footing part way. Thankfully, a berry bush breaks his fall to cushion him in the twigs and leaves. A quick survey reveals that there is still lingering frost that covers the ground, the general temperature wasn't unbearable. Upon looking back up, the lights from the volbeat and illumise dancing in the air would grow faint from the last couple making off. [break][break]

Unfortunately, this also means that the air down there was just a bit drier than the air up there. With how slippery the mud is, it doesn't look like there's any going back the way he came. It'd been about an hour or two since he's set off, so the last of the diurnal pokemon were beginning to curl up to sleep. [break][break]

So far there isn't anything of interest, but the sounds of clattering and hissing can be heard in the trees - where the nocturnal pokemon prep their day.

[break][break]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]
Please roll in the next post.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 17:02:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the light fades just as kyle distinguishes the berry bush he fell into. his lips curl to a frown as he stare at it before deciding to take a few, stuffing a pocket with as many as he can fit, and then start to snack on one.

he continues to walk further into the unknown despite not knowing the lay of the land, maybe to get himself warm from the chill of the night or just because it's better than doing nothing and being bored.

the noise is taken note of, but kyle takes no action from it and simply walks away from it. if they were to be hostile, at least he gets to do something in the forest instead of just wandering around. besides, he knows the best course to take in the wild is not to mess too much with the wild pokemon.

still, he readies a hand by his holster, ensuring he can call a pokemon out in a moment's notice.

FYctqGKt

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2020 20:51:58 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

AMARU

IS CHILLING THE AIR

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

female - refridgerate[break]
freeze-dry / ancient power / hail / blizzard / nature power / encore

In spite of his attempts to warm up, it seems like the air was only getting more dry and cold with each step. [break][break]

Away from the thick of the forest, he eventually comes across a clearing with barren trees, moist mud under a thin layer of snow, and thin ice scattered across the ground. The ice crystals that floated through the air causes the thin ice to freeze unevenly, creating a pattern around the prehistoric pokemon. [break][break]

The cracking of thin ice catches her attention, prompting the large pokemon to crane her neck to take a better look. The colourful flaps on its head and neck has a reddish hue ripple across. It gets up and stomps its foot against crunching, glass-like ice. With a cry into the air, it releases more crystals and they are launched upwards. Clouds form in the sky, and pieces of hail begin to fall.[break][break]

You have encountered the den pokemon: AURORUS. You may choose to battle, or flee.

[break][break]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]
Please roll in the next post.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2020 16:41:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the cold numbs him, but the sight of their target warms him up more than any flame would do. he observes it from afar, trying to judge the best course of action, until it shows its intentions.

it was clear that the aggression was present. the defensive stance of showing power and the uncalled for change in the weather show that it wasn't friendly towards people at all. the way it takes action when kyle hasn't even done anything yet supports the idea that it's the den pokemon he was supposed to chase after.

the hunt was on.

he brings out a manectric in the blink of an eye. before the pokemon could even materialize, kyle sounds a command for the electric-type. "thunder wave!" he tests the waters, and status moves were one of his ways of doing that.

the manectric appears. he sees the target and stares it straight in the eye. the electric-type makes no sound besides a grunt as it forms a thin line of electricity that shoots straight towards the aurorus.

|mHQUkjC

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 23:08:28 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

AMARU

IS CHILLING THE AIR

stats

attack. [break][break]

attack any trainer who even dares to come near you, and respond to their attacks in kind. that's what she was told to do by her trainer, who was comfortably watching their encounter from the luxuries of her own room. the aurorus raises its long neck, then letting out a majestic cry as though to see if they can rile up any of the pokemon. their attempt is a failure, however, for the moment. they are eventually hit with a sudden shock of electricity, and it causes the fossil pokemon to groan in irritation as it felt its muscles tense. [break][break]

in response, it raises its head and began to form something of a pure, white orb. their neck then slings in the direction of the electric dog, hoping to hit with an encore. [break][break]

[break][break]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]
Please roll in the next post.[break]
The rolls in this post will reflect the chance of failure from paralysis: anything lower than 25 will fail[break][break]
nsxRJZ16

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2020 17:30:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the paralysis takes effect immediately. kyle is quick to take advantage of the status condition and presses further to keep the advantage to his side.

"we got her!"

kyle switches the manectric out, recalling it back to his pokeball in favor of his lycanroc, who comes out from another. the reddish canine comes out, his eyes immediately trained on the target. this was a hunt, and he was the predator in this arrangement.

"trap her in! stone edge!"

a growl comes. the rock-type raises his fist up, following the motion of the jutting stones from the ground that emerge upwards. each earthly blade move from around the aurorus and converge inward, attempting to hold the pokemon in place.

UbiV8y8O

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2020 6:05:44 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

SNOM

ARE SLOWLY COMING TO HELP

[attr="class","missionCutBG"][https://i.imgur.com/BXrRGKS.jpg" style="max-width:100%;"]

stats

with the electricity running through her body, she cringes. [break][break]

she only has time enough to react to the ground and stone, jutting upwards and only barely grazing her head with thanks to straightening her craned neck. the aurorus growls, softly, as her eyes began to glow a soft blue hue. he wanted to play with rocks? fine, she could do that. [break][break]

in response, the aurorus' body began to glow white, until the light had approached the lips of her mouth. with a strong attempt to shoot downwards, the ancient power attempted to crash into the rocks, multiple times, to get herself. unfortunately, the paralysis was making this difficult..[break][break]

the crashing of rocks didn't go unheard, and a few bits of snom emerged from the few snow banks scattered about. seeing the large ice type in trouble, then attributing this issue with the trainer and his rock pokemon, they slowly scuttled just out of the banks, releasing a powder snow on the ground around the aurorus, gradually freezing it.

[break][break]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]
snom have joined the fray! they're freezing the ground and making it difficult to run on![break]
The rolls in this post will reflect the chance of failure of escaping from paralysis: anything lower than 25 will fail[break][break]
enVzVQlV

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2020 19:04:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the appearance of the snom prompts kyle to bring out a backup for his lycanroc. there was nothing in the rules that prohibited the use of more than one pokemon after all.

"eirika, roar."

the presence of the ninetales alone fights the chill of the cold. drought brings out the heat, providing some semblance of the sun. not only that, the threatening roar of the fire-type attempts to scare away the snom from continuing their attack.

"zeke, less holding back, more attacking."

instead of trapping the aurorus, the lycanroc proceeds to keep the jagged edges of the stone edge that emerge from the ground towards the ice-type, aiming to injure. it was a pokemon befitting the title of a den pokemon that shouldn't be underestimated.

58D7YfYO

close tab

played by

Nano

Enma, Homura
She/Her
Twenty-Seven
may 27
Ecruteak City
demisexual
hitman
Elite
we can fall
to hell together
92 height
92 height
awards
215 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ayame
AYAME FUJIWARA
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2020 16:10:23 GMT
AYAME FUJIWARA Avatar
[nospaces]

FLED, BUT..

URSARING COMES OUT OF HIBERNATION

[attr="class","missionCutBG"][https://i.imgur.com/BXrRGKS.jpg" style="max-width:100%;"]

stats

many things happened at once, all of which caught the aurorus off guard. of all the troublesome trainers she had to be pitted against.. [break][break]

the roar and drought caused by the ninetales makes a swift recovery from what would have been a swarm of snom to save their fellow ice pokemon. the earlier hail was overwritten in the presence of the vixen, and there was already the issue of having to deal with the rock pokemon in front of her. though the aurorus was able to escape the rocky confine, she was met with a what would have been a stone edge, rushing towards the rocky body. [break][break]

still fighting through the paralysis, she opens her mouth with the intention to release a stream of blizzard to counter the stone edge.[break][break]

a shadow looming from the trees grew closer to the group. [break][break]

an ursaring came in swinging, clearly agitated by the sudden roar to wake it up from its hibernation. on top of the artificial sun that forced it to open its eyes. it's grouchy, it's ticked, and it's about to thrash all over the young man's-- [break][break]

ninetales, who was the object of frustration.

[break][break]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]
ursaring has woken up and began to thrash about![break]
The rolls in this post will reflect the chance of failure from paralysis: anything lower than 25 will fail[break][break]
_H6kIMZ7

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
quiver [g]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2020 18:22:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
although he can take the time and take the ursaring down, he'd rather not deal with it if possible. battling with his ninetales within the forest was bound to cause damage to the environment as well. hunting down the aurorus was the top priority for now.

"we're running away. eirika, disable. zeke, stealth rocks."

the fire-type attempts to move away from the attack, trying to disable the move before the pokemon can even try to hit her. she turns tail and quickly joins up with her trainer and his lycanroc on their retreat.

multiple rocks float in the air from the rock-type's stealth rocks, serving as a deterrent for the ursaring if it ever desires to chase after the ninetales. the layer was the only thing between the group and the ursaring, but it should be enough to give them distance, he supposed.

"zeke, the aurorus."

kyle depends on his lycanroc to get on the trail amid the chaos, following the scent that the fossil pokemon left.

FZ48AG5G