i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
Monster Ranchers! [Mission]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2020 3:24:08 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam was completely in his element. Having grown up on a farm during his childhood and helping his friend run a daycare that was on a farm something like this was going to be a piece of cake for him.

This job was going to be smooth sailing for him but he wasn’t sure about how his partner was going to fair on this job. While he had plenty of experience he was pretty positive that she had absolutely none. So far the tasks they had gone on were pretty easy and anyone could do it so how would she handle this?

”Alright then kiddo, this should be an easy job.” Adam turned to Iris, a smile on his face. ”Ever do any sort of farm work before?” He’d ask, looking down at a Wooloo than was walking by.

”Seems pretty right easy at first glance, right? But trust me when I say it can be harder than it looks. Especially dealing with the little bastards that tend to feed on these sorts.” Adam looked back to the barn where the Wooloo were normally kept.

”They’re sneaky little bastards who will slip in when you least expect it so keep an eye out alright?”

@iris
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 3:10:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]
[attr="class","teamRight"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]it was safe to say that iris, unlike adam, was most certainly not in her element.
[break][break]
rocket had asked a lot of her, but to be a farmhand was one request that they had not made, unsurprisingly. she wasn't used to pokemon with as much free reign as this, pokeballs were far more efficient: they saved space and put the matter of the pokemon's complacency out of the equation entirely.
[break][break]
no, it was safe to say iris would not be finding this "easy".
[break][break]
"there's so many..." she murmurs, watching the same wooloo walk past. it was fluffy, part of her wanted to see if it was as soft as it looked. perhaps this job wouldn't be so bad after all, the pokemon were pretty cute...
[break][break]
it seems safe enough, she can tell adam's comfortable in this field. "you've done this before?"
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: ...

[break][break]

TAG:[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.teamRight]float:right;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeIris]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#989fb1;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.headeri]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/XIg605R.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris b]font-weight:bold;color:#989fb1;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 5:36:06 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Adam smiled as he watched the younger ranger watch a Wooloo walk on by. ”Ya know you can pet them if you want, they’re not going to bite you.” He laughed, finding it amusing how she looked like a fish out of water out here. Adam then crouched down and began to pet one of the Wooloo, feeding it some treats as he pet it.

He’d look up as Iris asked her question, smiling and turning his attention back to the Wooloo as he answered. ”I grew up on a farm like this or maybe a ranch is the better term for it.” He replied.

”And it was much busier than this place, so handling a job like this is nothing.” Adam further explained, standing up and brushing his hands on his pants.

”No one really taught you how to raise Pokémon properly, have they?” He was pretty certain he knew the answer to that but hearing it from her would confirm some things.

@iris
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 22:10:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]she tries not to let her excitement show. with adam giving her the ok, iris gingerly crouches down by the wooloo, hands outstretched. the sheep pokemon hesitates for a moment before nuzzling the palm of her hand. iris beams.
[break][break]
she hums absently as adam continues to talk, too busy stroking the wooloo. at his question, however, she turns sharply.
[break][break]
"what do you mean?" she can't help but read an accusation in his words. "i'm great at training pokemon!"
[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pokeIris]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#989fb1;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.headeri]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/XIg605R.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=.threadIris]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 2:53:35 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
It was darn right cute watching her pet the Wooloo, reminding him of his younger days whenever he’d teach his younger siblings or the kids in the town how to take care of the Pokémon on the farm. He put his hands up defensively as Iris flipped out on him, not surprised that she took his words the wrong way.

”Right, right! I’m sure you’re an ace at training Pokémon.” He sighed. Adam crouched down on the other side of the Wooloo, taking out a treat and grabbing the Wooloo’s attention with it. ”You know all about how to make a Pokémon strong, I’m sure. But I said raising not training.” Adam added as he began to feed the Wooloo.

”There’s a difference in that ya know. When I say raise I mean knowing things like a Pokémon’s dietary habits, proper grooming and hygiene, keeping them healthy and active. Stuff like that. It's how I know wooloo like to eat this kind of stuff.” He’d explain, not wanting to drown her in all the different information one should know to raise their Pokémon properly.

”Keeping them in their pokeball all the time isn’t exactly the ideal situation. Not everyone enjoys living in a box.”

@iris
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 19:34:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]iris can't help her disappointment as the wooloo turns its attention to adam, she wanted some more time with it! without the pokemon to distract her, she's forced to listen to adam's words. by now she's grown used to the strange tangents he goes on, often about caring for pokemon in some way, shape or form.
[break][break]
of course iris isn't stupid, she's well aware of the reason she was sent to the rangers. she understands the intentions of the league, but that didn't mean she agreed with them. still, she's grown to admire adam--if he's so certain this was how she was supposed to act, she couldn't help but wonder if he was right.
[break][break]
"it's easy though," she argues only in hopes that adam's response would make things clearer for her, "why waste time and effort? your pokemon will get the job done regardless."
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 22:14:54 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Oh boy it was going to be hard to get this message through to her but it was definitely a worthwhile project. And it did seem like she was getting it slowly so at some point Adam was sure it was going to stick.

Honestly though, he was still curious as to what in the hell Rocket was telling this girl when it came to Pokémon. Was it just that they’re tools to be used and discarded and that’s about it? And she had no qualms with this? I guess if that’s all you really know you don’t think about it much.

”Sheesh! Alright then let me ask you this.” Adam stood up, stretching a bit. ”If you’re so smart then this should be an easy question for you.” He’d look down at her, two pokeballs in his hand.

”You’ve got two Pokémon, right? One of them you put into a lot of time and effort raising them. You feed them properly, play with them all the time, tend to them when they’re sick. Put a lot of TLC into the relationship.” As he said one he raised the Pokeball in his left hand and afterward lowered it and raised the other one.

”This one you’re trained more like a soldier. Taught them obedience, structure, how to battle, things like that. They’re a real disciplined and well-oiled machine right. You’ve taught the other Pokémon this as well along with those other things that I mentioned. Now, this Pokémon you don’t really know that much on a personal level right. So here’s my question for you. Which out of the two do you think would be more willing to put its neck on the line for you? Go that extra mile even though it’s spent. They both might get the job done but which one do you think will be more eager to do a better one?”

@iris
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 0:16:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]"more eager?.." she echoes, not quite sure how a pokemon's motivations fit into adam's line of argument. so what if they wanted to do something or not? if you had a pokemon trained well, it would follow your word without question. iris would follow the word of a superior as if it were the law (an ironic comparison to make, she supposed) regardless of how she felt.
[break][break]
still, it's clear what adam expects her answer to be. the standard league answer: the loved one, obviously. "but doesn't letting your pokemon get soft like..." she isn't quite sure how to word it, and gesticulates before finally settling on, "defeat the purpose of training?"
[break][break]
sure, in their world the ideal pokemon would want to sacrifice itself, to lay its life on the line to defend its trainer, but that sort of drive was hardly useful when the pokemon itself was incompetent. it was a sweet idea, the sort of dedication told in fairy tales, but actions spoke far louder. a toughened pokemon is ruled by fear; nothing guaranteed success more.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 1:34:54 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
”Oh man you really don’t get it!” Adam laughed, putting the two pokeballs away. ”At what point did I say anything about getting soft?” He continued to laugh a bit more before then composing himself.

”You get to train and fight longer and harder if your Pokémon’s more motivated to do it. They’ll get stronger and more efficient this way.” Maybe in her time with Rocket she didn’t actually do that much battling against other people. Given how the league was treating her that wouldn’t be much of a surprise and it’s not like they had record of literally everything she did in her time with the team.

An abrupt sound coming from the barn nearby broke the peacefulness of their little chat and Adam turned to face the where the sound was coming from. ”You have Blue with you right?” Adam would ask the younger ranger as he pulled out a pair pokeballs and released his Lucario and Arcanine.

”Soul you come with me and Pro stay with the Wooloo.” The two Pokémon nodded, understanding their orders. ”C’mon then kid, let’s make our money.” Walking towards the barn Adam would speak with his Lucario partner.

”How many are we dealing with here?” He’d ask as the Lucario used his aura sensing abilities to scan the barn. With a bark and a gesture of his paw, Soul communicated with Adam that he could see about five living beings within the barn that were most certainly not Wooloo and were about to make their move.

”Look alive kid.” Adam said to Iris as he cracked his knuckles, ready to show the girl the fun parts of being a ranger.

@iris
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2020 1:13:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","pokeIris"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]iris opens her mouth to reiterate her confusion (adam's further explanation hadn't been much use) but they're interrupted by a crash. she nods at the ranger's question, taking out her own pokeball and releasing blue. the mudkip follows the two cautiously, picking up on the tension in the air.
[break][break]
while iris would have welcomed a battle with open arms in any other scenario, with only a mudkip by her side the girl couldn't help but feel unguarded, vulnerable. blue wasn't the aggressive powerhouse type of pokemon she was accustomed to having by her side. iris' confidence had been taken with her old team. at least she had backup.
[break][break]
as they approached the barn, there's a sound from somewhere up on the roof. without warning, a swellow dives down, talons outstretched. iris' response is immediate. "blue, water gun!"
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 2:04:22 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
Despite his instincts pulling him to go help Iris he held himself back, allowing the rookie to handle this for herself for the time being while he focused on the enemies in front of them. The Swellow was just the first of five targets to deal with, now where were the others?

Crashing through one of the windows, a Mightyenna lunged forth firing a Dark Pulse from its maw. Without a word Soul jumped into action, sending off an Aura Sphere from his hands towards the dark type attack. The two moves collided, canceling each other out, causing an explosion which resulting cloud blocked the vision of both sides.

Something was moving within the smoke, something large and fast and was heading straight for Adam. Soul, catching onto this quicker than his human partner lunged for the white-haired male and pushed him out of the way. The Lucario then threw his arms up to brace for the incoming attack of the large creature.

”Help Soul out!” As Soul pushed Adam out the way the ranger pulled out a pokeball and released his Noivern who promptly used her powerful wings to blow away all the smoke revealing the large Pokémon that attacked to be an Obstagoon.

Well, this was one hell of an ugly pair but definitely top candidates for Pokémon some scum bag would use. Those who would be in command of these Pokémon would reveal themselves and called for Iris and Adam to give up the Wooloos before things got messy.

”Soul, Siren. Give em our answer.” The two Pokémon charged at their dace partners. Adam turned to Iris to see how she was handling her own problem.

@iris
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 0:19:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","headeri"]

[attr="class","pokeIris"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","threadIris"]iris breaks into a roll to dodge an incoming attack. the appearance of more pokemon meant that adam would likely be preoccupied with holding his own ground--most had gathered to him, focusing on taking out the stronger opponent, leaving iris as easy pickings. the though fuels her determination.
[break][break]
blue's unable to react to the quick attack, the swellow barrelling straight into him. iris moves towards her pokemon, but the mudkip pushes itself back onto its feet before she can reach it. the next attack comes shortly. "rock throw!"
[break][break]
it catches the swellow right in the wing. though it does not fall, it is forced back to the ground. the pokemon glares at blue, its injured wing folded up beside it. "again!" she orders. had it not been for its injury, the swellow would have likely dodged, but the next rock manages to hit it on the head. the pokemon staggers backwards.
[break][break]
perhaps the mudkip wasn't so useless after all.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

vibe

he/him
senior ranger
105 height
105 height
awards
209 posts
Adam Shepard DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo
Adam Shepard
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2020 20:56:44 GMT
Adam Shepard Avatar
The kid was doing alright; the little Mudkip she had was actually putting in some work which made the ranger smile. ”Not too shabby.” He’d turn back to his own fight, the thugs were putting up more of a fight than he expected so they weren’t amateurs at least.

Whenever the Mightyena was in danger of taking a serious blow the Obstagoon would jump in and use one of its support moves, it was annoying effective. But the large Pokémon could only take so much and if it were to be overwhelmed its defenses wouldn’t matter all that much now would it?

”Soul use Extreme Speed! Siren, Dragon Pulse! Corral them together.” On his orders the two Pokémon Adam summoned continuously attacked with the moves said, backing the two dark types into a corner.

”Now use Aura Sphere! Hurricane!” Their targets were in the right spot and with the two attacks the fight was over.

There was a bit of a mess with the two attacks colliding and making a big show of explosions and wind but no serious damage was done to the surrounding area. When everything cleared up the two Pokémon were KO’d and the owners even got caught up a bit in it.

”Maybe I went a bit overboard?”

@iris
mission
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 22:03:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy,[break]and aforementioned livestock pokemon (redeem in site shop).
[break]
& @iris