pretending to be tame [research]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2020 21:02:24 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

She revved the throttle, just to feel the rumble of the engine.[break][break]

Long gone were the warm summer days, where Hoenn's weather could bless her with its perfect, temperate days. Now, Bailey Cooper had her hands tucked into her jacket, feeling the cold air of the afternoon grace her face. The warmth from her motorcycle was the only source of heat available to her. That was why she sat atop it, using her own weight to keep the bike upright.[break][break]

One foot propped against the curb, she breathed into her hands again. She was waiting for someone.[break][break]

It was only when her phone rumbled that she brought her hands from her face. “You get my text? I can come pick you up, if you want,” and she waited to hear Kyle Lopez's reply as she cradled the phone to her ear.[break][break]

“I got plenty of time on my hands, so I figured some one-on-one training would be good, if you're still interested.”[break][break]

She had been feeling anxious—maybe it was the events of the New Years Festival that had gotten underneath her skin.[break][break]

Restless was one way to describe how she felt.[break][break]

“Just give me fifteen minutes to get to you. Or, if you'd rather, I can just forward the address. I know a place.”

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 6:35:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
slateport was a mess. kyle hides in his room, grumbling from within his slateport apartment as he brings his phone to his ear and connects to bailey. he'll take any reason to get out of his place than deal with his traumatized neighbors trying to forward their agenda to him just because he works for the league.

"take me away from this place, please. pick me up at the pokemon center, and thanks."

kyle doesn't really like training, but it was necessary if he wants to keep his position. the benefits were nice, along with the salary provided. besides, he's helping a friend out with this so he's being a good christian boy by accepting the offer.

he starts to look for appropriate clothing from around his room, grabbing a mightyena-themed jacket to hide his worn down casual attire with. he picks out a team without much thought in his head as he heads out of his apartment and to the pokemon center.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2020 19:00:19 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

Standing in front of the newly refurbished pokemon center, bailey cooper was reminded that the reconstruction of slateport was still taking place. Little by little, day by day, the damage wrought by rocket was being unwound.[break][break]

She remembered how this street had been reduced to piles of concrete and mortar. Now, an effort had been made to restore it to its former glory. Scars could only be found if someone bothered to look for them; yet, she knew that the memories were still present in the minds of those that passed by her.[break][break]

“Yo,” and she would wave to catch Kyle's attention. “I brought a spare helmet with me. Safety first, or whatever the fuck.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2020 1:50:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he steps out of the pokemon center, his loadout ready, when bailey arrives. he greets her with a tired smile and a lazy wave of his hand.

it wouldn't really save him in case of a crash, but it's required by law to wear one. "thank you for not letting me die on the road."

he accepts the helmet and wears it on his head before hopping on the back of her motorcycle. it feels weird riding a vehicle when he's used to riding pokemon for transportation. at least this doesn't smell.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2020 19:31:28 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

She drove carefully.[break][break]

The events of the New Years Festival hung unspoken. Bailey was not sure what there was to say—by the time she had realized what had transpired, she had been wiping vomit from her mouth.[break][break]

It would not have been a good look.[break][break]

She revved the engine, gently coasting as she lane-split between the rows of cars. It made the trip to the outskirts of the city far faster than it should have been. When traffic backed up, she cut through the lines to get to where they needed to go.[break][break]

An empty warehouse. The parking lot was empty, and tall piles of rubble had been scooted to the sidewalk. The dilapidated building rested in a portion of the city that was still under reconstruction. Yellow tape tried to ward them away, and the tall chain link fence had been latched shut to prevent entry.[break][break]

But that was why she had bolt cutters.[break][break]

“I'm a cop.” She'd say as she crunched through the cheap Masterlock. “So don't sweat it.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2020 8:30:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, i get that," he retorts. "but is it legal though?"

he stares at the place from outside the chain fence. he questions its integrity and the stability of the structure, wondering if this was the right venue for whatever bailey has planned for them. kyle does not dare to voice out his concerns however, since he could already take a guess as to what his fellow elite four member would do afterwards.

kyle enters the premises of the construction site, wary of his surroundings in case some rattata or something jumps at him. he chuckles nervously, unsure on how to feel about basically trespassing.

"we're, uh, training here?"

he makes a mental note to be the one to suggest the place to train next time.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2020 8:57:42 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

“...probably not?”[break][break]

She does not sound confident.[break][break]

“but I doubt anyone will know about this place,” and as she pushed through the double doors, they were greeted by darkness and the staleness of the air. Dust was suspended, disturbed by the exposure to the outside. “I've been training here for years.”[break][break]

Bailey navigated through the dark, running her hand along a cracked plaster wall until she touched metal.[break][break]

She pulled down the breaker, kicking on the lights to reveal what had once been a battle arena—the faint square grid still visible, with floodlights from the ceiling directed to the pokeball center.[break][break]

“Used to be an old training club that used to gather here. When Slateport got taken over, everyone scrammed,” or so she hoped.[break][break]

The state of disrepair suggested that nobody was coming back. It was just her.[break][break]

The last one to know.[break][break]

"Been awhile since I've been back," which would explain the lock around the parking lot.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 14:45:44 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the dilapidated structure was more than apt to be a training ground if bailey gets her practice here. her penchant for destruction precedes her fame, and kyle is more surprised to see the building in tact more than her act of trespassing.

"this looks too different from the dog parks i train my pokemon on," he comments.

lately though, he has only been training his less experienced pokemon against other children at the park. he supposed the bailey experience is something he should welcome.

kyle steps in and starts to circle the arena, his eyes wandering from one corner of the place to another.

"so, how should we do this?" he starts to ask, attention still on the inspection. he wants to make sure it doesn't collapse on them, after all. "singles? doubles?" as much as he prefers doubles format, the thought of having more of bailey's pokemon on the field makes him shudder.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 20:14:05 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

“I left my doubles team at home,” Bailey lied as she fetched one capsule from her waist.[break][break]

She lacked the energy for doubles. There were too many strategies, too many possibilities, that a trainer had to be aware of when two pokemon were deployed onto a field. It could be fun, but it could also be exhausting.[break][break]

Right now, she wanted a brawl. She wanted to send out her pokemon and let them display their own merit. “Anyone in particular you looking to train? New or old? I got some pokemon that are new to my roster,” and some pokemon that were always hungry for battle, no matter how hard she tried to exhaust them.[break][break]

Aggron and Krookodile always throbbed in their capsules, like they were looking for any excuse to break. She would keep them restrained. Their aggression would be too much for a simple training match.[break][break]

She took her position at the other end of the field, kicking up dirt at the stand like a pitcher at a mound.[break][break]

“Nothing like a few singles to warm up, right?” and she would throw her capsule, revealing her first pick. "Let's go! Battarang!"[break][break]

Gliscor would materialize from the red light, her face transfixed by a seemingly permanent smile.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 14:44:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
singles was fine, he supposed. battles would be slower paced, but there's less to think about. the thought makes him contemplate whether he prefers doubles solely because they end faster.

"just pokemon i haven't used in a trainer battle before," he answers when asks for his preference. kyle starts to rummage through his roster and sends out his pokemon. "i've just been using only my dogs lately cause they're easier to manage, i guess."

for a peaceful era, they were ideal. they cause less wreckage than the pokemon popular to trainers and they fit any image he was going for. with a different threat appearing before them, he supposed it was a wake up call to use more of his pokemon.

then again, he never really neglected training them. more often than not, they were more fit for battle than his dogs.

"hey, what do you think of me rebranding from dog trainer to regular trainer that uses the same twenty 'mons as everyone else?" his obstagoon growls, interrupting his trainer. kyle assumed it was getting impatient for the battle. "ah, feel free to go for the first move. you showed your 'mon first, after all."

not like it mattered though. kyle will still most likely send his obstagoon out regardless.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 1:15:37 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

For some reason, one of Lucas Lane's off-handed comments reemerged in her mind.[break][break]

Kyle Lopez did not fuck his dogs—she knew that to be a fact, but the corners of her lips pulled upward at their mention, and she had to internally kick herself to stay mature and to not find humor in the remarks of the League Head Scientist. Of all the things to say, why say that?[break][break]

Bailey Cooper was no scientist, and figured that she would never think like one.[break][break]

“Same twenty 'mons, huh? Uh oh, let me get my garchomps ready,” and while Bailey Cooper joked about the frequent usage of the land shark, she envied the fact that she had yet to capture one for herself—they looked sick.[break][break]

She made a spinning motion with her finger—a gesture that her Gliscor understood; she spun in a similar fashion, deploying swords dance as Kyle reached for his pokemon of choice.[break][break]

And this would have been the point where Bailey would have dipped into something angry—something to sour her mood and to whet her focus.[break][break]

Obstagoon changed that. “Yoooo, what the hell if that?!”[break][break]

“Is that one of those galar pokemon? What the hell, Lopez?! He looks sick,” and she would fumble for her phone, just to snap a quick picture of the pokemon that she had never seen.[break][break]

Gliscor would turn to stare at her with disbelief. “Oh, right, fuck.” They were in a fight.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 7:48:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
when he sees the light shine on bailey's eyes, kyle cannot help but to chuckle before sharing her enthusiasm.

"they are! and i know right?! can't believe our zigzagoon here on hoenn don't turn to something as nice as this one!"

kyle poses with a peace sign in the background when he notices bailey take a picture.

despite the shared excitement over something new and shiny to them, kyle cannot bring the battle to delay. they came here for one thing, and kyle wasn't that irresponsible to break promises. he also wanted to see how his obstagoon fares in battle.

"ground him - pin missile!"

the obstagoon roars before taking a more aggressive stance. it lowers its body and aims. sharp needles start firing towards the gliscor's wings from the top down to start things up.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 7:10:16 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Fighting a new pokemon came with its disadvantages.[break][break]

Bailey found herself spending far too much time fixated on the Obstagoon, and far less time focused on the battle; with her focus divided, it was no surprise that her Gliscor equally struggled.[break][break]

It was a defensive fight, and with each time obstruct was used to counter an oncoming attack, she could feel a nagging irritation that started to pull at her face. Long gone was the initial enjoyment—her eyes followed the flow of the fight, struggling to pick apart a pattern that could be exploited.[break][break]

Another round of pin missile. It was countered with a wide swing of night shade as dark energy sliced apart to projectiles, but it was a wasted attack. It was only used to stop an encroaching move, not to advance the fight and cause actual damage.[break][break]

And that was what this fight had become—avoid, evade, and try to find an opening.[break][break]

But there wasn't—not with Gliscor. Battarang wasn't tooled for this kind of fight, and she could feel the walls close around them as her pokemon wasted valuable time and energy.[break][break]

“Fuck,” she breathed. Kyle Lopez had her on the ropes.[break][break]

And it burned.[break][break]

She was not so delusional to believe that every battle could be won; yet, there was an undeniable frustration that came from watching the tide turn and being helpless to push it back. Should she hold steadfast? Should she pull back? Push harder?[break][break]

Options boiled in her gut, and it was with a grimace that she delivered her next command.[break][break]

“U-Turn!” She could feel Battarang's silent disappointment, like the ground-type had thought she had failed her trainer in some way.[break][break]

That was far from the truth as the attack—regardless of it hit or not—would retract the pokemon back to the safety of her capsule.[break][break]

Her defense had been so drastically lowered, one move from the Obstagoon had almost rendered her unconscious—and those injuries would have to be dealt with after this battle was over.[break][break]

Regardless, the Gliscor was in no state to continue with the training.[break][break]

Her second capsule burst on her waist, deploying the next pokemon in the immediate order. It was in that split second that Bailey could feel time slow as hesitation and frustration made itself apparent—her hands flexing with a building tension.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,164 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 5:05:31 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
GOD IS A WOMAN

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]GOOD THINGS COME IN SMALL PACKAGES
[break][break]
The horde descends and a battle ensues. [break][break]

Mounting frustration boils within the pits of Bailey's stomach. It rumbles with every failure, swishing around inside her, heat distributing unevenly in her veins. Her face becomes flushed from being man-handled by — in Noah's words — the strongest Elite Four member. It burns from embarrassment and the pressure is paramount to her demand to succeed. [break][break]

She needs to win. [break][break]

But she's only hanging on by the skin of her teeth. [break][break]

Her attempts on putting a muzzle on the mutt will have to wait. Call it an unlucky coincidence but an ULTRA WORMHOLE opens up underneath the florescent lights. This one faces downward and onto their battlefield, much smaller in comparison to the one in Mossdeep. The size proves appropriate for what comes out. [break][break]

[break]

Finally! A normal sized Pokemon. It stands at a definitive eight feet which makes it no bigger than several of the most popular Pokemon kept by modern trainers. However, the Pokemon seems incredibly lanky, poised to swivel on the tip of its perfectly pointed feet. With an almost human express of contempt, it runs its hand across its elongated antennas, brushing it back while placing its other hand on its hips. [break][break]

Is it judging you? [break][break]

For now, it stands still, balancing at the tip of its pronged toes. The most observant of trainers will realize that its tiny feet are vibrating, causing the air to swirl around it in a small gust. [break][break]

[break][BREAK]

repost in the research thread after you have posted![break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2020 17:19:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the u-turn turns to be super effective against the obstagoon. in an ironic turn of events, bailey's last resort happens when the obstagoon least expects it and gets it to its knees.

kyle readies to choose a pokemon in case his obstagoon finally falls when something unexpected appears before them. it leaves him bewildered for a moment, snapping back to reality only when his obstagoon backs away closer to kyle defensively. it readies a preemptive obstruct in case it needs it.

he points his phone at it, opening his pokedex app, only to find no results for it.

"bailey? is this a normal thing here?"

kyle clutches on his obstagoon's shoulders as he inches away from it, dragging his pokemon along with every minute movement. he's not sure on what to expect from the creature, whether it's aggressive or not. so far, they haven't done anything to provoke it from attacking, so there's that.

while he knows both of them want to continue the spar, it obviously cannot continue with the unknown pokemon in the field.