pretending to be tame [research]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 4:58:50 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

Her frustration was short-lived.[break][break]

Bailey would not deny that she was competitive. It was only when the fight was interrupted that she was able to disengage from that behavior—her eyes drawn to the portal with an instant recognition.[break][break]

Once. Twice. Three times. Four times.[break][break]

These portals had become a familiar sight, and their appearance signaled death. Whatever would appear, whatever would happen, Bailey felt her body tense as if waiting for a sickle to extend in her direction.[break][break]

A breath, followed by a shift, as Bailey circled around the smaller Ultra Beast like a prowling pyroar. Her eyes raised from the ground up, just to memorize its lilthe outline as she tried to align herself with Kyle.[break][break]

“This one's new,” she'd breathe, hand raised over her waist to reach for a pokeball.[break][break]

“Fuck. We're close to the city,” and the implication of another ultra beast attack hung in the air, as if the New Years Event might repeat themselves.[break][break]

But for now, there was silence. But for now, there was no fight.[break][break]

But there would be.[break][break]

“We can't let it leave the outskirts,” but Lopez would already know that.

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2020 2:57:03 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
ULTRA BEAST STANDOFF

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]FEELING LUCKY, PUNK?
[break][break]
Not even the Ultra Beast makes the first move. The perpetual standstill grants it a window of time to adjust to the newfound atmosphere. Here, the air is denser, filled with compounds not found in the desert of Ultra Space. Undoubtedly, the Pokemon will find its capabilities hindered. This Ultra Beast seems more intelligent than the others, if only because it doesn't rampage from the start. It takes time to digest, privy with the foresight to remain wary of the others. The actions behind this one will be more deliberate. [break][break]

"Phermo!" [break][break]

[break]

There's no missing the way the wind curls around the Pokemon's barbed feet. They don't threaten either trainer just yet but watching them submit to the Ultra Beast is ominous at best. The speed of the current causes the Pokemon's scales to clatter, a stark contrast to the hushed BUG BUZZ it emits in an effort to communicate with either trainer. [break][break]

Unbeknownst to either, the Pokemon's special ability starts to take effect. Kyle's motor skills will start to shut down as his peak human conditioning starts to work against him. The strength of his own muscles start to tighten up, hampering future movements. But what proves the most distracting is how enraptured he is by the Ultra Beast's figures. It reminds him of in all the right ways. And this time there's no dragon clan to seduce protect him. [break][break] [break]

[break][BREAK]

repost in the research thread after you have posted![break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2020 15:08:15 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle experiences a phenomena that he hasn't been in before. the state of shock he expresses is different from simply encountering an unidentified creature. there's a sort of entrancement that catches him off guard, one that his obstagoon notices as soon as his trainer froze up.

there's some sort of familiarity with the creature that kyle picks up. "do i know this... thing?" he thinks out loud. he tries to approach it, but he finds his body unwilling to cooperate.

the bug buzz finds itself noticeable by the dark-type. the obstagoon gets wary of the creature for his trainer and starts to follow his lead earlier of backing off from the creature. it snarls at the pheromosa, still watching its movements carefully.

obstruct still gets readied for when the pokemon makes a move towards him or his trainer.

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 7:44:01 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar

notice

this research thread is now on an unofficial timer. the end result and rewards may change according to how the thread wraps up!

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 0:46:40 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

Why was Kyle standing around?[break][break]

“Stay with me, Lopez,” and Bailey chalked his reaction to shock rather than incompetence. She knew how fear could make the body feel weighed; how her limbs could feel like lead to be dragged.[break][break]

She snapped two pokeballs from her belt; with a snap, their releases were deployed as two red shapes took form on either side of her. Meowstic and Blaziken manifested from their shrouds of light, taking stance as they stood shoulder to shoulder with her.[break][break]

Mean Look was the first move deployed. The male Meowstic letting its eyes glow with malice to entice the Ultra Beast to stay within the confines of the warehouse.[break][break]

“Hawkins, go for the hit-and-run,” and despite having two pokemon on the field, Bailey was ready to snap off another capsule if necessary.[break][break]

Speed Boost activated as the Blaziken took its stance, heat emitting like steam from its limbs; then, fire, as the pokemon executed the move flame charge to initiate their clash.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2020 8:31:21 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
NEED FOR SPEED

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]TAKEN DOWN AT THE WORD GO
[break][break]
The Ultra Beast is unfazed by the Meowstic's MEAN LOOK. No matter how unnerving the stare becomes the Pheromosa has no trouble shrugging it off. Why should it be concerned with the opinion of lower lifeforms? With the way every other person present is left gawking, it looks like the attack has no effect. However, being the center of attention ends up having the same effect. It won't leave so long as its mate, Kyle, remains in the room. [break][break]

In the same way that the pheromones lock Kyle down due to a chemical effect, his body releases its own hormones, unknowingly effecting the Ultra Beast in its own unique way. [break][break]

It isn't until Bailey's Blaziken breaks the ceasefire that the Pokemon looks to retaliate. The presence of fire is enough to warrant the Pokemon's unbridled attention. It lowers itself to run parallel to the ground, back arched into a curve for the perfect crouching start. When it takes off, it's able to match the opponent's SPEED BOOST, using its own self induced tailwind to extend the reach of its horizontal BOUNCE. [break][break]

Wherein the FLAME CHARGE allows the Blaziken to kick it up a notch, the Pheromosa actually vanishes. The human eye cannot keep up with the second BOUNCE, barely able to make out an after image of where the Ultra Beast landed. This untraceable speed is something no one is able to react to, caught by surprise by a speed that's almost unheard of. A LUNGING kick from the Pheromosa literally knocks the wind out of the Blaziken, sending it backwards and through a flimsy point of the warehouse's walls. [break][break][break]

[break]

Thankfully, all the attack has is speed. It's enough force to make short work of the Blaziken but not nearly enough to kill it. At most, the Pokemon will be dozed, unconscious for several minutes (two posts) in the debris of cheap metal, before waking up with a terrible bruise and soreness. [break][break]

Without an obvious target, the Pheromosa turns its head away from the Blaziken, unimpressed by its speed or strength. Attacking through the flames may have left a small burn mark on the tip of the Pokemon's foot but none of them are able to notice from the constant winds coiling around the Pokemon's feet. This time around, the gales are not as grand, dwindled from the earlier run. [break][break]

"Hmph!" [break][break]

It snorts in indignation, turning its head up high, conceited in how much better it seems compared to the local Pokemon in this world. [break][break]

[break][BREAK]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 4:53:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle remains in his position, guarded by his obstagoon, petrified by whatever black magic the ultra beast has cast into him. it inches away from the chaos, making minute movements as to not alert the pheromosa to their presence.

a pokeball reacts to the presence of the ultra beast. from kyle's repertoire of pokemon he needs to be trained and acquainted with, the one that he has least knowledge about comes out. the type:null steps forth ahead of the obstagoon and its trainer, ready to accomplish the objective drilled into its dna.

"i-i don't know what's happening, bailey, but you're not snitching that i have this thing, alright."

the type:null enters the fray, firing off multiple instances of air slash at the pheromosa the moment he pops out. low, aggressive growls sound from inside the helmet, its ferocity reflected with the glare on its eyes.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2020 22:08:35 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Would it make sense to deploy a single pokemon against an unknown threat?[break][break]

Bailey Cooper held her breath as Hawkins' efforts to strike the unknown Ultra Beast were fruitless; she does not seem surprised. In fact, she only blinked when her hands shot down to her belt to grasp at the many capsules that awaited her. Weapons pinched between her fingers, she let them slip and fall to the ground with a flick rather than a toss.[break][break]

The rest of the roster; krookodile, male and female meowstic, solrock, gliscor, and gigalith.[break][break]

Hawkins knew that the strike was coming, knew that it would come with a thunderous force.[break][break]

But there was an art to being struck, just as there was an art to a strike.[break][break]

Flame Charge came simultaneous with the sudden kick; flames bursting to carry the Blaziken with the force rather than against it. In some ways, it would mitigate damage as the insect-like appendage collided against Hawkins raised block.[break][break]

Blaziken would be dazed, but not unconscious, as another round of Speed Boost was able to be processed; it would take time to recover from the strike, but that could be time spent waiting on the next opportunity to strike.[break][break]

“Whatever you say, Lopez,” and Bailey let it all come out. “Just don't run on me.”[break][break]

Gigalith would allow its ability sand stream to activate, tossing the surroundings in a hazardous fashion as a sand storm manifested; its winds buffeting against the meowstics who took the discomfort in silence. Then, iron defense.[break][break]

Harking back to strategy used against the first Ultra Beast she had ever encountered, both male and female meowstic glowed with psychic energy: helping hand and psychic in an attempt to restrain the Ultra Beast's limbs to hamper its movement.[break][break]

Solrock activated gravity, just for an additional level of pressure, unfazed by the sand storm.[break][break]

Then, Gliscor, who activated sand veil and felt more evasive as it prepared itself for combat with swords dance.[break][break]

Krookodile went into the pitch of the sandstorm, then vanished seemingly without a trace; dig.[break][break]

9QrpRTGY

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2020 2:36:59 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
EXPERIMENTATION IS KEY

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]UNIMPEDED; UNSTOPPABLE?
[break][break]
Sheer numbers turn the tide of battle. A small fleet of Pokemon domineer the stage with presence and abilities. However, their setup takes time. Not a lot of time, mind you, but too in comparison to their opponent. With the same speed the Pheromosa had displayed against Bailey's Blaziken, it disappears. Her Meowstic's PSYCHIC attempts to grab hold, able to discern the Pokemon despite it's invisibility, but a shrill BUG BUZZ is enough to break the Pokemon's concentration. Even the SANDSTORM does little to track the Pokemon, hiding the mild hints it gave as the whirling winds displace the flow of the tailwind. [break][break]

[break]

Not even a moment passed by before it reappears behind the Gigalith, landing an instant LOW KICK between the red stones that protrude from its skull. It's IRON DEFENSE saves it from being launched back despite it's weight. Even with the type advantage, the Gigalith seems to be able to tank the attack without too much trouble. It hurts, naturally, but compared to the Ultra Beast they've encountered, it's a miracle the Pokemon hasn't been broken into a million pieces. [break][break]

GRAVITY sets in but that seems to have little to no effect on the Pokemon's dexterity. It raises its foot once more, preparing itself for another instantaneous movement. At least until several AIR SLASHES chip at it behind the cover of the SANDSTORM. Like the Meowstic, the Type:Null is able to track the Pokemon. It may not be able to mimic it's movements but it just knows how the enemy will react. It can predict its movement accordingly — like it was trained for this moment. [break][break]

That's enough to turn the enemy's attention onto the Type:Null. Disgusted by the fact something else could actually catch it, the Pokemon vanishes at the first opportunity, reappearing above it with a downward HIGH JUMP AXE KICK.[break][break]

[break][BREAK]

roll to dodge the attack![break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2020 17:50:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he would have ran away against an opponent that wouldn't be worth the hassle to take down like it was on verdanturf, but this time, kyle feels compelled to stay regardless of whether or not bailey was there.

kyle clicks his tongue, and even before he could utter a command, his pokemon were quick on the draw on their actions.

the obstagoon fights against its instinctive fear of facing against a much stronger adversary and moves forward to obstruct the move of the ultra beast from the type:null.

the type:null immediately takes the opportunity without second thought. with its eyes on its target since the start, it has already buffered the air slashes at the location of collision between the pheromosa and the obstagoon so as to throw it off before too much force was to be exerted on the dark-type.

"get off of it, obstagoon!" he shouts at his pokemon. he attempts to break from the spell cast on him and get another pokemon out to help assist the containment of the unidentified creature.

HvN8awlt

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2020 23:50:28 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top2"]

IN THE[break]
BLOWBACK

JUST A MATTER OF TIME SHE FIGHTS BACK

[attr="class","bgtk-mid"]
[attr="class","bgtk-mid2"]

[attr="class","bgtk-img"]

[attr="class","bgtk-left"]

blaziken has recovered from the two round knockout.

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]BUT THERE'S A WHISPER IN HER HEARTBEAT

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]

The creature was still too evasive for her liking.[break][break]

Male Meowstic executed miracle eye in an effort to combat that problem, letting its psychic energy attempt to hone in on the creature. Bailey cast her eyes from that executed attack to her Gigalith, noting that the rock-type pokemon was still standing from that thunderous blow.[break][break]

They shared a single glance.[break][break]

Outside the warehouse, Blaziken was able to stand; trembling as the power of speed boost filled its limbs once more. Hand to its knee, the fire-type has to fight through its pain as its limbs became inflamed; another flame charge.[break][break]

“Kyle! Call back your Obstagoon!” She would shout, betraying the intentions of her plan.[break][break]

Blaziken honed in, bursting through the same hole that it had created with its own body; a single leg extended as it intended to collide into the side of the Ultra Beast.[break][break]

But the impact never came; ally switch executed by female Meowstic as the fire-type was mere inches away from attempting to strike the Ultra Beast.[break][break]

And it was replaced by Gigalith.[break][break]

explosion detonated. What little remained of the rock-type's health surrendered as the pokemon chose to self-destruct.[break][break]

She had her capsule ready, attempting to withdraw the creature as Blaziken materialized where Gigalith had once stood.[break][break]

Because it was time for the finale; the explosion loud enough to serve as a signal for what dwelt beneath the surface.[break][break]

Gator, her shadow krookodile, would emerge from its dig with a force that sundered and split the concrete it had dug beneath; maw alight and drooling with a miasma of smoke; fire fang.[break][break]

And it would attempt to close its maw around one of the limbs of the Ultra Beast with a sharp snap.[break][break]

Gliscor would seek its chance, letting the same heat overflow from its own sharpened fangs; another fire fang.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]ROLL FOR THE ROUND

[attr="class","bgtk-bot"]

and she can hear it just enough to keep her alive

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #363636;padding:24px;background-color:#2E2E2E;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#E69C24;border:solid 1px #e6a930;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #272727;border-right:solid 1px #272727;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]padding:34px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#333333;border:solid 2px #222222;border-top:solid 2px #e6a930;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#7c7c7c;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#e6a930!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]margin-bottom: 10px; padding:10px;font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px;height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#272727;text-align:right;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:inline-block; color:#EEEEEE; width: 95%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#979797;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post b]color:#e6a930;font-size:13px;line-height:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post font]font-weight:700!important;color:#EEEEEE;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#e6a930;background-color:#e6a930;border:solid 1px #e6a930;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2020 10:19:02 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
CAUGHT IN THE JAWS OF DEFEAT

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]HEART OF THE SWARM
[break][break]
The Obstagoon slips in just in time to OBSTRUCT the Pheromosa from landing a critical hit against the Type:Null’s helmet. However, the barrier is only intended for the first strike. When the Ultra Beast makes contact, creating a loud pang as its limb makes contact with the Obstagoon’s barrier, it replies with repeated blows. Like a polished lance, it bears holes into the defensive front, enough so to shatter it and also kick the Obstagoon away in the same way it did to Bailey’s Blaziken. [break][break]

Barely any time passes as the Pokemon unleashes a flurry of kick. Yet, enough time passes that the predicted, buffered AIR SLASHES find their mark. They cut deeply into the Ultra Beast’s scales, not enough to draw blood but leaving a lasting cut into the armored plates. But that won’t dissuade it from following up with a kick so fast it’s invisible. It lands against the Type:Null’s head, dizzying the Pokemon as its head reverberates within the confines of its own helmet. [break][break]

Despite how little time passes between the small exchange, Bailey’s Blaziken uses it wisely, closing the distance between the several seconds that Kyle entraps the Ultra Beast’s attention. The subsequent ALLY SWITCH lands beautifully, catching Pheromosa by surprise. By the time it recognizes what happens it’s already too late. [break][break]

Boom.[break][break]

The blast is enough to send both Pheromosa and Type:Null backwards and into nearby walls. Kyle is relatively uninjured in comparison, thrown off his feet, freed from his chemical based bondage. [break][break]

Her Shadow Krookodile, probing for the Ultra Beast’s position from underneath, sprouts out and catches it with FIRE FANG. A vice grip of its lips snag onto the Pokemon’s arm and it refuses to let go. In return, the Pheromosa sinks its fingers into the Pokemon’s tongue, squeezing, digging its fingers in a struggle to free itself before the Shadowmon can rip its arm off.[break][break]

The choice to hold the Pokemon proves effective. Held in place by the Krookodile, it has no way of evading the Gliscor’s FIRE FANG. With two sets of teeth sinking into the Pokemon’s flesh, it lets out a shrill cry, vibrating in another BUG BUZZ, releasing a sudden spray into the air.[break][break]

[break][BREAK]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 18:57:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle's first action after being thrown to the ground was to shudder at the inexplainable feeling he got from the pheromosa. he tries to keep his mind clear, and habits of following orders from cooper during slateport pd days forces him to comply.

the obstagoon is then recalled. somewhat certain that taking it down as fast as possible was the best course of action, he takes another two of his pokemon to replace the dark-type. from his position, he gets back to his feet, covers his ears, and barks orders.

"wolt, metal sound! delphox, future sight! drapion, acupressure!"

the type:null releases a noise that counteracts the ultra beast's bug buzz. frequencies meet each other as the beast killer attempts to neutralize the attack with its own sound waves.

the delphox, on the other hand, stays with kyle as eyes glow. it attempts to foresee a future, placing a well-directed strike that will knock the pheromosa as soon as it sets off the trap.

the drapion rolls up to the nearest pokemon on the attack, the gliscor, and jabs it with its tail. focusing on its pressure points, it boosts its parameters for it to continue its assault.

kyle readies another pokemon just in case. he can send it back where it came from once they manage to bring it down, although he wasn't entirely sure if they could do it as easily as they did with regular pokemon.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 8:13:06 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","bgtk"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top"]
[attr="class","bgtk-top2"]

IN THE[break]
BLOWBACK

JUST A MATTER OF TIME SHE FIGHTS BACK

[attr="class","bgtk-mid"]
[attr="class","bgtk-mid2"]

[attr="class","bgtk-img"]

[attr="class","bgtk-left"]

sandstorm 3/5[break]
gravity 2/5[break]
light screen 1/5[break]
reflect 1/5

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]BUT THERE'S A WHISPER IN HER HEARTBEAT

[attr="class","bgtk-post"]

Her mind was a finger to a buzzer, threatening to press.[break][break]

The curse of speed was not oft felt in battle. To be fast was to secure victory. Fast to order, fast to react, fast to plan—these are vital, even if a pokemon may be more paced in their approach.[break][break]

A trainer always had to be at the cusp of anticipation, and while Bailey had never prided herself on the ability of her mind, she valued her instinct to react.[break][break]

And she knew that she wanted to keep attacking—knew that she wanted to overlook any possible change in a mad pursuit, like she were ready to follow her target straight off a cliff.[break][break]

As the explosion sounded, she had to change her tempo.[break][break]

Pulling back, she had to suck air between her clenched teeth.[break][break]

Withdrawing her unconscious Gigalith was her first action, taking that fraction of a second to reconstruct her approach. With that momentary abatement, she would observe Kyle's own actions—his own shift.[break][break]

Gator refused to relinquish his grip; jaws gnashing and struggling to maintain their hold, even when met with the brunt force of Bug Buzz.[break][break]

The damage taking its effect; something akin to spores threatening to suffocate the shadow pokemon from the spray of Bug Buzz.[break][break]

The force was taken; converted. Raw damage dealt to the shadow pokemon causing something to ignite. The blood that freely dripped between its rows of teeth bubbled toxic and black.[break][break]

Krookodile lost himself to that moment of Rage.[break][break]

Then, sent into a fit of flames as he sought to secure his grip with another Fire Fang.[break][break]

“Bump up the defense,” and both Meowstics worked in tandem, executing Light Screen and Reflect.[break][break]

Gliscor, empowered by the boost of Acupuncture, would attempt to pull back from the Bug Buzz; it would seek to utilize the cover of the still brewing sandstorm to activate its Sand Veil.[break][break]

Solrock would activate Stone Edge, tearing chucks of concrete from the ground to be fashioned into weapons that would be flung in the direction of the ultra beast.[break][break]

Blaziken would opt to remain near her, utilizing Bulk Up as its Speed Boost worked to further augment its flame. It would have to be faster, stronger...[break][break]

And after pulling back in an attempt to avoid the Bug Buzz, Gliscor would sweep in again and attempt to execute another Fire Fang.[break][break]

[attr="class","bgtk-lyric2"]ROLL FOR THE ROUND

[attr="class","bgtk-bot"]

and she can hear it just enough to keep her alive

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Oranienbaum:300,400,700,800]
[newclass=.bgtk]border:solid 1px #363636;padding:24px;background-color:#2E2E2E;width:550px;color:#444444;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top]white-space:nowrap;background-color:#E69C24;border:solid 1px #e6a930;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:75px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:60px;letter-spacing:-6px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:34px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-top2 div]position:absolute;font:bold 8px Montserrat;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#222222;padding:11px 0px;margin:-75px 0px 0px 30px;width:265px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric]position:absolute;background-color:#222222;font:bold 12px Roboto;line-height:10px;padding:15px;color:#f9f9f9;margin:-20px 100px;width:300px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid]border-left:solid 1px #272727;border-right:solid 1px #272727;padding:0px 5px;background-color:#303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-mid2]padding:34px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img]margin-bottom:25px;height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#333333;border:solid 2px #222222;border-top:solid 2px #e6a930;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left]font:10px Roboto;text-align:justify;padding-right:35px;color:#7c7c7c;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1 a]font:20px Oranienbaum;line-height:15px;color:#e6a930!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-left h1]margin:0px;padding:0px;padding-bottom:10px;letter-spacing:-.65px;font:20px Oranienbaum;text-align:right;line-height:15px;color:#303030;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-lyric2]margin-bottom: 10px; padding:10px;font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px;height:10px;letter-spacing:1px;background-color:#272727;text-align:right;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;display:inline-block; color:#EEEEEE; width: 95%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post]font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;color:#979797;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post b]color:#e6a930;font-size:13px;line-height:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-post font]font-weight:700!important;color:#EEEEEE;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot]background-color:#e6a930;background-color:#e6a930;border:solid 1px #e6a930;text-transform:uppercase;color:#f9f9f9;font:15px Montserrat;font-weight:800!important;line-height:14px;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bgtk-bot div]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/dKL4B8m/BTFlower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;padding:29px;[/newclass]