[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","teamLeft"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]it was a quiet day at the bookstore. marcel pushes up his glasses to massage the bridge of his nose as he leafs through the order he's about to send out. he crosses out one of the titles, gives it a second thought, then rubs the entire line out and writes the same title once more.
[break][break]
times like these had him wishing rocket would come with a job already.
[break][break]
the bell rings, signalling the entrance of a customer. "welcome, how can i--" marcel lifts his head mid-sentence, freezing as he takes a proper look at the woman who's just walked in.[break][break]
"oh."
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: ...
[break][break]
TAG:[attr="class","tag"]@bean

[newclass=.teamLeft]float:left;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread b]font-weight:bold;color:#9d89af;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeMars]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/DSahPO6.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
it will come back
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 2:01:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Gemma is halfway home when she decides that she'd like a nice book to read tonight. As she enters the book store, she hums, her fingertips touching over a couple of worn spines, licking her lips as she tried to read the faded writing on some of the older ones.

Then, she makes her way to the counter - to ask for a suggestion.

When she sees the face behind the counter, she blinks slowly and stares for a moment, before swallowing hard. "Ah, uhm - I'd like some help picking something to read in bed tonight..." Gemma isn't sure if Marcel even wants her to say anything to him otherwise. "If... If you don't mind." She takes a step back, clutching her purse.

It's very apparent that she's not the head-strong woman that he once knew. This Gemma is scared, scarred, and still wounded. "Please."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
it will come back
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2020 2:52:09 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]her response was puzzling. did she not recognise him? while marcel's appearance was certainly different, he would have liked to think their friendship had run deep enough for gemma to see past such changes. he frowns.
[break][break]
no, the staring had given her away. he ignores the request, books were not something he cared for in this moment in time. "no welcome back?" he says, voice even, slightly hushed "i thought you would have missed me."
[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeMars]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/DSahPO6.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
it will come back
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 1:30:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"I... I didn't know if you wanted me to." Gemma folds her hands together, looking down at them, before breathing in deeply. Her feet slowly carry her over to the desk and she rounds it, putting her arms around him, draping over his shoulders.

He feels real - smells real - but she can't be sure, so she gives him an extra tight squeeze, just in case. "I missed you. Of course I missed you. What are you doing here?" She finally lets go and pulls away, smiling at him. It doesn't quite reach her eyes, but it's pretty close. She's gotten good at pretending she's okay in close-quarters with people.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
it will come back
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 2:43:44 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]her reticence draws a frown onto his face. gemma had changed since they were young; he supposes he had to. there's a sense of guilt as he realises he can't quite pinpoint whether this change had occurred in his absence, or if it'd been right under his nose all along. his work with rocket left little mind-space for matters such as these.
[break][break]
he returns the hug, though awkward at first. he'd gotten used to pushing everyone away. there's something nostalgic about the embrace--a trio in a house warm with laughter, gemma hugs lia before she leaves, then marcel. she says something, he laughs, and as she leaves he takes his wife's hand and leads her back inside. he hadn't realised it'd been so long.
[break][break]
there's a moment's silence as marcel considers his answer, the decision is an easy one. "missed the place, it's home, you know?" he says, "i just needed some time out to get my things sorted. had to start fresh with, well, you know."
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
it will come back
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 20:10:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Gemma nods as he steps away from her, her own distance from him growing as well. Her eyes dart to all the exits available to her out of habit, and nods slowly. "Yeah... I know." Her teeth roll over her bottom lip as she takes a deep breath, before smiling at him. "Sorry, I'm being rude. How have you been, since?" Gemma gestures for him to come out and walk with her through the store.

"I do still need that book, by the way." She jokes, letting out a soft laugh, her knuckles pressing to her lips as she tries to mask it. "How about we talk and walk?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
it will come back
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 23:16:11 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]he hums. "not too bad. finding a new house and job wasn't as hard as i thought it'd be." the lies come easy, both were granted to him by rocket. but gemma didn't need to know that. he wasn't sure whether he was trying to avoid compromising his job, or her disappointment.
[break][break]
"what you looking for? fiction?" he eyes the shelves, ready to pick out a book at her request. "how have you been though?" they hadn't spoke in a while, he realises there's probably a lot he's missed out on.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
it will come back
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 0:36:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Gemma smiles softly as Marcel continues speaking to her, walking alongside him with her hands tucked behind her back. ”Oh? You’re living close by, then?” She hums to herself to the little tune playing on the radio, and strolls through the aisles. ”Yes, something with adventure, I think. And maybe a little romance.” Gemma shrugs her shoulders. ”May or may not contain explicit content, I’m not picky.” She laughs softly.

As for what she’s been up to — ”I took a three month sabbatical in Galar, I was attacked by a league asset, and now I’m pretty much terrified to go anywhere or do anything —“ She blurts, because it’s Marcel, and she’s always been the one to tell him — and his wife — everything going on with her. ”Ah, wow. Sorry, that was a lot to unload. How about you pretend I didn’t just blurt that out?” Gemma’s cheeks flush, and her eyes widen.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
it will come back
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 0:59:41 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]"petalburg, actually," he answers, "i've always liked traditional houses." it was the complete opposite of the crowded urban spaces he'd grown up in, whether it was his childhood home in unova, or the series of apartments he made his way through during his earlier rocket years.
[break][break]
still, he didn't have much time to appreciate the change of scene. as before, marcel practically lived in his office, if he wasn't already working his civilian jobs.
[break][break]
he runs his finger along the book spines, picking out the occasional one until he has a stack of three. "these are the ones that have been popular recently." he's about to pass them to gemma, but her next words make him freeze. "what?!" disbelief colours his tone, "did the league do anything about it?"
[break][break]god, he really had been gone awhile.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
it will come back
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 8:26:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Letting out a big, deep, breath - one that she feels like she's been holding since she was assaulted - Gemma curls her fingertips into her arm and shakes her head, before licking her lips. Slowly, she looks away and peruses a book shelf, thinking to herself as she tries to come up with the right answer.

"I didn't tell them." She answers honestly. Why? Because she's ashamed that she let a dangerous criminal who she used to be involved with, into her home, and allowed herself to be put in that sort of situation. Gemma knows the logic is flawed - that she was just doing her job - but it doesn't stop the guilt from sinking in.

Turning back to him, she smiles and clasps her hands together. "Anyway! It's alright. I took some time off, and it's." She shrugs. Not fine, but... Better than it was.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
it will come back
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 17:54:23 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]marcel didn't, in fact, think it was alright, but gemma was clearly uncomfortable about the topic. he drops it, if reluctantly.
[break][break]
"sorry," he says, "for disappearing like that. it wasn't fair of me."
[break][break]
there'd been a lot of people marcel had left behind, only a few had mattered, and only some of those marcel had realised he cared for. it wasn't until he landed in kalos that it dawned on him, but he'd made his decision then, and was adamant in sticking to it.
[break][break]
he should have at least said goodbye. [break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
it will come back
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 16:23:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

With a deep breath, Gemma reaches out and takes his hand, giving it a squeeze. There's a familiarity there that she's missed, so she smiles at him, shaking her head. "It's not your fault. Any of it. I know what it's like to disappear."

Giving him another firm squeeze, she nods her head firmly and lets go, before nodding towards the shelves. "Now! That book?" She lets out a giggle, her body settling just a bit at the notion that he wasn't going to let anything bad happen - or do anything to her.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
it will come back
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2020 1:17:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: