[attr="class","header"]
[attr="class","teamLeft"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]marcel has trodden these waters well, it was only a matter of time before he happened across one of the bigger fish. he does not hide his surprise--such a response was still in-character--as he watches the councilman enter his store.
[break][break]
he leans forward on his desk. "looking for anything in particular, mister silph?"
[break][break]

[break]NOTES: ...
[break][break]
TAG:[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.teamLeft]float:left;padding:30px;width:120px[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread b]font-weight:bold;color:#9d89af;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeMars]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/DSahPO6.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 3:29:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando thinks nothing about the store clerk. Marcel is just a typical employee doing his job by greeting a customer. Fernando plays his part too and flashes a modest smile. No more modest than the lie of his visage. "Yes. I'm looking for a gift for a friend's daughter. She's in high school and big into fairy tales." He pauses, making an expression that shows a moment of pondering, as if he's trying to recall some details. "She's also into biology and wants to study Pokemon and where they come from—"

He catches himself the moment the words leave his mouth. "—like they're origin. Not breeding or anything like that but as a species."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 18:53:55 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]friend's daughter: exploitable, though an unlikely pressure point. he makes the mental note while he listens to the man's request, glances at the clock, and takes note of the time too. marcel didn't waste opportunities like this, information that was not of use could always be filtered out later.
[break][break]
moving out from behind the desk, he laughs at fernando's slip. he moves towards one of the shelves. "evolutionary science, eh? big topic for a high school girl." the comment comes offhand, fernando has yet to arouse any suspicions. marcel's simply probing for possibility, trying to draw out anything he could look further into.
[break][break]
he sorts through the books, waiting for a response before he says anything more.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.poke]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#212121;text-align:center;-webkit-filter:grayscale(100%);filter: gray;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.poke:hover]-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:none;transition:.5 ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeMars]width:40px;height:37px;border-radius:50px;background-color:#9d89af;text-align:center;padding-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.header]overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;width:350px;height:159px;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;background:url('https://i.imgur.com/DSahPO6.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.thread]width:310px;float:top;background-color:#c5c5c5;font-size:10px;font-family:Source Code Pro, monospace;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #3d3d3d;padding:20px;color:#212121;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#212121;font-size:5pt;color:#c5c5c5;[/newclass][googlefont=Source Code Pro 400,700]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 19:27:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Something like that." Fernando's careful with his words, not because he suspects Marcel personally, but because his request is more nefarious than he leads off to. It is the same manner of manipulation that he holds over and — an omission of details blurred out by a saturation of empty falsities to help build a narrative.

"She's very bright. smart but without his oddball quirks. I see a bright future ahead of her." Fernando pauses. "But she's still a child, fancying fairy tales of Legendary Pokemon and their myths. Something about the first Pokemon and trying to explain it through science."

Fernando shakes his head in a dismissive manner to accentuate his own stance on the issue. Silph Co. prides itself on science and who better than their CEO to disregard old tales in lieu of proven fact.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2020 0:50:24 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]fernando didn't strike him as the type to care much for the future generation, but then he'd always imagine him being far colder face-to-face. he supposes it's easy to make the assumption coming from the other side. kindness did not usually manifest on the battlefield.
[break][break]
"arceus?" he says, "she's not gonna have much luck with that." especially when people were still trying to decide whether it all was all just a story or not. "we got some mythology books, biology too. she'll have to put the pieces together herself i'm afraid." he deliberates for a moment. "i mean, anything more advanced than that wouldn't be much use unless she knows her ancient sinnohan."
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 8:03:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Oh! Ha, ha, nothing like that. That's too far into the unknown." Fernando rescinds the suggestion toward the great creator almost immediately. He knows what he wants but his goal is to coerce Marcel into suggesting it for him. "Something more aligned with the first Pokemon that's been traced down in genetics. There are rumors of a Pokemon known to be the mother to all life. Something like Ditto but not quite."

Fernando feigns pondering for a moment before giving up. "But I don't know much about that stuff. That sort of history I leave to the professionals, that's why we have head scientist after all." He answers that with a light laugh but looks toward Marcel for a more concrete answer. There's worst things then settling and for now Fernando is patient enough to wade through another dump in his journey for forgotten treasure.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 19:10:54 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]"oh," marcel thinks he's following his train of thought, "they say there's a pokemon that has the dna of all others." he moves to another shelf and feigns scanning the shelf to draw out their conversation.
[break][break]
"i feel like she's going to be disappointed," he jokes, "the general consensus is if mew isn't extinct, it didn't exist at all." he takes out a book, examines the blurb, then places it back.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 19:23:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Oh," the disappointment in his voice is palpable. The line between acting and stifling excitement become a hard line to teeter and Fernando mimics the many mannerisms of the idiots around him. Hoenn is saturated with them, the League being no exception, and his reaction dawns on some level of entitlement that he expected something more than a chance of another dead end.

"Well, even so, I suppose fantasy that derives from pseudo-science is better than tales based on hope and faith. I'll take it." Glee dances within his heart but his face portrays one of resignation, one that settles for second place with time hedging him out of reaching for something more appropriate. "And I suppose some general textbooks wouldn't be short in supply. Whatever is standard would do well. Might as well accelerate her in preparation for Lilycove University."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 23:59:47 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]he starts picking books off the shelves, one by one. "sorry i couldn't help more." marcel carries the stack of books to the till. "you'd be hard pressed your hands on anything better than this. way out of your price range, too." he strongly doubted the girl in question meant enough to fernando for him to splash out the money it'd require.
[break][break]
marcel takes care to hide his curiosity, now the bait's been cast. he starts fiddling with the till. "do you need a bag for these?"
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 0:30:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Oh?"

Like clockwork, Fernando chimes in with another utterance that encapsulates his surprise. This time it's genuine; deep seated in a sudden shock from what feels more like disrespect than anything else. Eyes narrow in and Fernando maintains his composure as if he never heard the comment at all. He still addresses it though. It's unlike him to let someone else get the last word.

Wounded pride bleeds from fragile egos and Fernando eats up the bait like a floundering Magikarp. "Is that how you swindle me into spending more than I should or do you truly not know how deep my pockets line?" He keeps his tone playful, careful not to come off too aggressively. The tempers that run amok in Hoenn already trouble him enough.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 1:20:24 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]the look marcel settles on is polite embarrassment. "sorry, did it work?" ignorance seemed more likely to arouse suspicion--marcel was well aware of the wealth fernando had at his disposal.
[break][break]he doesn't mention the girl, the whole gift-buying story seems to have escaped the narrative. now marcel's only concern is how far he can test these waters.
[break][break]
"i'm serious, though. got a favour or two i could probably call in-?" he lets the question hang.
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 1:33:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Flattery only gets so far. He answers with a mild chuckle to overshadow his offense but the facade is broken. There are a few points that strike the nerve of the upper elite. Questioning their status and hold proves to be one of them and outside of an actually important exchange, Fernando finds restraint start to crack. It borders a bit of sass but he knows where the border of going too far lies.

"Why do you keep something no one can afford? Shouldn't it be in a museum?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 20:37:53 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]there's a smart retort on the tip of his tongue, but marcel decides restraint is the best option. displeasure rolls off the other man in waves. "people can afford it. it's just that these people are very...particular about their prices."
[break][break]
the rich were touchy people, especially when it came to certain topics. it was inevitable, money had protected them all their lives after all.
[break][break]
"of course i'm not forcing you to make a purchase, the choice is all up to you, mister silph."
[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
bit by bit
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 0:25:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Ultimately, Marcel has done no wrong. Although his choice in diction leaves much to be desired, Fernando cannot fault him for what comes off as the truth. A flighty temper dissipates when the conversation is drawn out and Fernando finds that anger without purpose easily dissuaded. At least for now.

"Give me a moment."

Fernando reaches into his pocket to draw out his phone. The person he's calling is probably all too obvious and the sound of his dial tone leaks through the phone's speakers, if only slightly. "Hello? It's Silph." There's a pause but only for a moment. "Yeah. Sarah's birthday is coming up and I'm out shopping for her. I could grab her something immensely precious but you'd owe me one. And I do mean a big one."

Fernando turns back to Marcel and his eyes go wide with a sudden realization. The sound of another woman's voice, someone of similar age if he'd have to take a guess, continues to bleed out. Fernando's muted himself to ask the book keep a question.

"How rare of an item are we talking about?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
bit by bit
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 19:19:05 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","poke"]

[attr="class","thread"]marcel makes a show of busying himself for politeness' sake. he straightens the stack of books against the tabletop, once, then twice. the name's filed away somewhere in his mind.
[break][break]
he only half expects him to take the bait--rich people, or his suspicions confirmed. it could potentially be either. "pretty rare, according to them," he says, "i don't doubt it, but you wanna take a pinch of salt with this sort."
[break][break]

[break][break]