verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
forecast [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 13:56:53 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he grumbles and scratches the back of his head as he readies for the gym challenge on the cable car.

sure did make things more complicated ever since he implemented the gruesome process of going through thorough identification and submitting their teams prior, eliminating the element of surprise for the challenger's side, on his own gym. if a gym leader does retire in the future, he wonders if the replacement would follow the trend.

kyle shudders at the thought of the councilman being a trendsetter.

arriving at the top, kyle alights the cable car and follows the path to where the battle takes place. he takes out his phone as he waits for the gym leader and starts to scroll through his feed. he wonders if he arrived too early. the alternative was being too late though, so he supposed he'd take it.

QT82I0dU

@ken
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
forecast [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 2:21:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ken"]
Once Kyle exits out of the cable car, a loud creek can be heard behind him. The gears atop holding the cable car in place begins to whir loudly before making its descent back down to the base of the mountain. Atop the open plateau lies an open battlefield with four machines at the end of each corner. Although the open gym lays atop an active volcano, the air itself isn’t hot.

The gym leader sits across the battlefield in a seiza position almost as if he were some grand master meditating in silence. Hearing the whirring sound of the cable car, his eyes open, looking directly over to the man. Slowly, he rises and begins his approach.

He stops a short distance away from him with a hand extended outwards. His expression is cold and apathetic. ”Identification.” he says almost deadpan and robotic.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".ken"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ken b"]font-weight:bolder;color:#007eed; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ken i"]font-style:italic;color:#007eed; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
forecast [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 18:27:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle watches the gym leader approach him. stoic, serious and not as welcoming as the other gym leaders, at least there's one thing that already sets the gym differently compared to the others.

prompted by identification, kyle is a bit slow on the uptake after musing about it earlier. he missed the days where all he needs to do to get a challenge is walk up to the gym's doors and ask for one.

"oh, uh..." kyle goes for his wallet on his back pocket and takes out his trainer card. "does this suffice?" kyle reaches the card out towards the gym leader.

something tells kyle that this battle will most likely just be the two of them shouting commands at their pokemon. then again, that wasn't exactly the worst thing for the member of the elite four. forcing himself to talk was exhausting, after all.

@ken
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
forecast [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 3:28:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
His eyes narrow down, scrunching slightly as he stares at the man's identification card. For a brief moment, he glances upwards towards the man then back onto the card, scrutinizing his overall appearance. He nods apathetically, better understanding the man before him. Without saying a word, he takes a few steps back, maintaining his silent persona.

"Understood... You're the one who picked the non-traditional format." he doesn't move back to the gym leader's position, instead he pulls what appears to be a control in his hand and presses a button. The machines around the battlefield begin to whir loudly and soon dark clouds begin to form overhead. Water begins to pour downwards on the stadium, yet oddly enough the rain seems to only last in a controlled area. He nods with an odd sense of satisfaction.

"It seems like you'll be participating in a rain battle. Very well then. Before we continue, I have to advise that abilities or moves to change the weather will not function during this time. Also, during the entire battle, you'll find that a typically super effective move against a specific type will not have too much of an effect. This is what I call an inverse battle."

Saying his piece, he steps back to the Gym Leader's position. His gaze is rather cold as he casually pulls out three pokeballs and tosses them outwards to bring forth a Pelipper, Corsola, and a Jolteon. "We will be conducting a 3 vs 3 battle. You'd best ready yourself."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
forecast [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 7:40:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he watches intently at the mechanics. he understands the rain and how permanent it is, but it's the second part of the gym gimmick that gets him piqued and interested.

"ooh, how do you do that thing? the inverse battle stuff?"

it was the first time he heard about it and the intricacies that make it work genuinely make him curious. he never had an experience with it, but he has confidence with his type match ups.

amid the musing and internal thinking, he takes out the three pokemon he's forced to bring out. if he takes into account the typing of each of his pokemon, only one of them was good against the other team.

"who gets the first move?" he asks, in case that makes a difference.

@ken
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
forecast [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 2:14:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
His ears slightly twitch to the man’s question. It’s unsurprising that he’s curious as to how the battle would work; after all, the concept essentially defies nature in many ways. His head lowers slightly, looking down to the ground as he rests his hand against his chin. Thinking of how to answer the man, he simply shrugs his shoulders and thumbs over to one of the machines nearby.

”The concept came around thanks to the powers of a Psychic, but we essentially figured out how to manipulate it with machinery.”

Looking at his pokemon then back to the man, slightly thinking back to the man’s application and the team he’d listed before. ”As the challenger, you have the first move.” he says in response to his second question, waiting for him to send out his team.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
forecast [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 16:06:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle takes a moment to think of his first move, trying to wrap his head around the typing of his pokemon's moves just so he doesn't get confused in the midst of the battle later.

he ends his musings with a scratch on the back of his head.

"innes, charge beam- corsola. zeke, earth power- pelipper. leafeon, nature power."

using his initiative to poke the bear with a stick was fine, he supposed. the rain was not the preferred weather with his kind of team, especially since it limits his choices severely. nothing he could do about it though, besides get good at the game.

all three of his pokemon remain their distance to the other three, simultaneously firing off their moves one after the other.

his manectric shoots a concentrated beam of electricity towards the corsola. his lycanroc stomps on the ground, causing the earth below the pelipper to erupt. his leafeon growls, and then releases a cry, calling upon lava plume from the nature power. kyle had expected rock slide, though he supposed he forgot that they were within close proximity of a volcano.

@ken