November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Quick Meetings: Featuring Whisper [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 22:33:55 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

Dating. It was an incredibly foreign concept to her. She had watched some of her friends date back home, but to actually give it a shot herself felt... weird. Not a bad sort of weird, but a new experience she wasn't entirely sure she would enjoy. Despite all that, it was the season for romance. Love was in the air. On top of that, a distraction from recent events and perhaps a few new friends wouldn't be a horrible idea after all. It was with that in mind that she had attended the speed dating event in the ballroom.

Wearing a rather cute dress, Ruby nervously brushed it downwards. "How do I look?" She turned, looking at the three Pokemon that had accompanied her who all nodded and gave their support in their own way. Whisper refused to go into her Pokeball at all, which was certainly going to make tonight... interesting. However, Darling and Grace both gave the nervous girl a hug before going back into their Pokeballs.

With a nervous grin on her face, she slowly sat down at her assigned table and awaited her assigned date's arrival. Whisper, however, seemed to just be constantly scanning the room, almost like an overprotective mother taking their daughter to a high school dance.

Notes: N/A

[attr="class","merktagI"] @tea

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 2:44:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","elise"]

Elise took a deep breath, smoothing out her skirt one last time before starting towards her assigned table. Nibbles pranced alongside her, proudly showing off his new bow tie. She'd been excited when hearing about the speed dating event. Desserts, new people, the potential for friends or even love? Sign her up! But now, with the table nearly in sight, nervousness was starting to creep in. She paused, glancing back at Nibbles for reassurance. The cat looked up at her and slowed for a moment. And continued onward towards their table, brushing against his trainer's leg as he passed. Okay then.

Quickly following the Skitty, Elise finally caught sight of her table. A girl appearing about her age already sat at the table, with her pokemon close by. She racked her brain for the pokemon's name as she neared the table. She waved and flashed a smile at the... Hatterene, then turned to her assigned date. The other girl seemed just as nervous as she was, making her feel a little better about this whole thing.

"Hello! My name's Elise, it's nice to meet you!" She grinned and excitedly offered her hand for the girl to shake, hoping to make a good first impression. Nibbles mewed at the girl, attempting to gain her attention by standing on his hind legs next to her chair and looking up at her intently.

notes: none!
[attr="class","wizzcred"]☼ code by wizz

[newclass=".elise"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".elise b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#e3eb24; [/newclass]
[newclass=".elise i"]font-style:italic;color:#e3eb24; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 2:43:18 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby was admittedly incredibly surprised. Perhaps it was common media and expectations about this sort of event that confused her, but being paired with a girl first was not what she had expected. Almost immediately a soft blush had formed across her face as the reality began to slowly set in. With a bit of a nervous laugh, she reached over and gently shook Elise's hand. "Ruby! My er, name is Ruby." Her flustered state only seemed to grow further as she looked at the girl across from her. It took her a few seconds to realize the mewing sound was coming from a Skitty that was trying to get her attention. Unable to help but grin, expecting this to be Elise's pokemon, she reached down and gave them a gentle pet before fully returning her attention to her date.

"So, uh, hello!"
Whisper just seemed to reach down, their hand resting on Ruby's shoulder as she let out a soft breath. Trying to calm herself down, despite the serious blush on her face, Ruby just continued to speak. "So, um, I've never done anything like this before, if I'm honest. Dating is still, well kind of silly to me. But I figured this would be fun, you know? Maybe meet some cute people? N-not saying you aren't cute! I mean, you are! That wasn't..." She groaned softly, moving to hide her face in her hands for a few seconds.

With a mumbled apology, Ruby tried to get hold of herself once more. Focus! People wouldn't be interested in getting to know her if she just sat there and blushed up a storm and made a fool of herself! Forcing herself to speak, Ruby continued on. "May I ask, are you from Hoenn? I come from the Galar region, and everything here is... Well, it takes a bit getting used to, that's for sure."

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 4:38:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","elise"]

After Ruby had gently accepted the handshake and introduced herself, Elise took her seat. She couldn't help the slight blush on her face while watching the other girl interact with Nibbles so kindly. Once Ruby was done petting him, Mr. Nibbles moved to his trainer's side of the table and settled himself in her lap. Elise started to relax a little more once it was confirmed that she wasn't the only one who'd never been in this situation before. Ruby's compliment had the nerves flooding back in as she instantly flushed scarlet. She was so rattled it took her a moment to realize she needed to answer the cute girl's question.

You're cute! Also! I mean you're also very cute. Um..." Elise scratched her cheek, screaming internally. "No, I'm from Galar as well actually. Wedgehurst! My mother was from Hoenn though, so I did know a little about this place before getting here! It's way different actually being here though!" She shut her mouth, realizing that if she didn't change the subject she'd start rambling. She glanced at the ceiling, desperately trying to remember what you're supposed to do on a date. Oh!

"So, what do you do for fun? Got any hobbies? I'm really into exploring and baking. Nothing better than having homemade cookies out in the woods!" Shut up, shut up, oh my GOD. She grinned at Ruby, doing her best to not to appear as scattered as she was inside. Nibbles sensed his trainer's nerves and began kneading her thigh, purring quietly in an attempt to comfort her. Elise's grin softened a bit at the cat's actions. She lightly stroked his fur with one hand, scratching him behind the ear with the other.

notes: post #2! She's a disaster omg

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 5:18:38 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Oh no. That blush of hers was also incredibly cute. In turn, it seemed to only fuel Ruby's flustered state even more, looking away with a nervous grin on her face. Of course, the compliment in return was only adding fuel to the fire already raging. However, the realization that Elise was from Wedgehurst immediately brought her back to focus on the conversation. "I had a few friends that lived there! I lived closer to Ballonlea than any other city, though. Just a walk out of that massive forest and into a smaller forest, heh." She couldn't help but smile a little bit. Immediately being able to talk about something they both knew about made this so much easier.

When asked about her own hobbies, Ruby's eyes widened a little bit. Exploring? Cookies in the woods? That sounded amazing! She quickly spoke with an excited tone to her voice. "Oh, I used to go exploring in the woods beyond my family's cabin all the time! It's actually where I met Whisper, actually." As she says her name, Ruby glances back at her Hatterene. Surprisingly, despite Whisper being known for being aggressive and overly protective, she seemed rather comfortable and quiet for the moment. Grinning up at her, she turned back to Elise. "I used to sneak her snacks all the time! I was super little when we first met, and well that's that."

She was still certainly blushing quite badly, but now that she was talking it was hard to get her to stop. Pushing past her nerves as much as she could. "I love to explore too, honestly! I love going around and seeing the sights! Hoenn is just, so different and tropical, It's incredibly charming. But asides from that, I love to read, play games, and battle! I've been traveling around the gym circuit- Or... Rather, whatever they call it here. It's so weird to just challenge a gym leader whenever, but it's still really fun! I mean, I even made friends with one of them!"

Ruby slowly began to quiet down, realizing how excited and loud she had gotten for a few seconds. Forcing herself to laugh through her nerves, Ruby spoke once more. "So, umm, are you doing any battling? I know it's not for everyone, after all."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 7:04:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","elise"]

Her eyes widened at the revelation that she and Ruby came from such similar backgrounds. Excitement replaced all other feelings in that moment. She listened quietly while Ruby spoke, blush staying firmly on her face the whole time. Elise hadn't thought the other girl could get any cuter. She was wrong. Once Ruby got excited and started talking more, she seemed to light up the room.

"Ooh I've visited Ballonlea before! The forest over there is gorgeous!" Elise leaned forward with a bright grin on her face, "I've never seen a Hatterene in person before. It's amazing that you managed to encounter and form such a strong bond with one!" She gave Whisper another quick wave when mentioning her. "I'm glad you like to explore too! We should totally go together sometime!" Elise leaned back in her seat and put a finger up to her chin, thinking carefully for a second before continuing.

"The gym circuit over here is really strange, but I kind of like the idea of it. It seems less like a show. I mean, I like our version, but this one seems like it's more... private? It's more like a personal challenge rather than a big event. At least I think so? I haven't actually tried it yet, so don't take my opinion too seriously okay?" She said with a nervous laugh.

"I've done a bit of battling, but I usually try to avoid it. I'm usually worried that someone might get hurt, and I don't want to be responsible for that! But... my pokemon do really want to battle. I've been trying to get used to the idea of it. They've won a few scraps here and there but it still makes me nervous, I guess. It's kinda dumb." She looked away, a little embarrassed by her own answer. She should talk about something else.

"So! What's your big goal? Are you aiming to be the champion, or are you going after something else?"

notes: 3

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 16:59:00 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby immediately smiled at the offer to go exploring together. There were so many places in Hoenn she had yet to see, so many things to do, the thought alone excited her. She quickly nodded her head, agreeing wholeheartedly. Briefly glancing at Whisper to check with her, it seemed she had no qualms about this girl. It was always nice making a friend, especially one that Whisper actually seemed to like.

"The gym circuit feels... Very personal, I agree. I've already got my first badge, even! And it was a very quiet affair. I just kind of walked in, challenged them and won. But it's still very interesting. Like, there's no time limit, there's no rush. You can train for as long as you want and in the end become victorious." She nodded her head as she spoke. "The only thing pushing you forward is your own desire to, and I think that's sort of the most important difference."

At the talk of battling, Ruby simply nodded her head once more. Sometimes people did get hurt... But sometimes it was because of your battling that people didn't get hurt. It was a bit of a fine line, and Ruby seemed to appear a bit more melancholy for a few seconds. "I've always thought... the important thing is bonding with your Pokemon. You could have the best strategy in the world, be the strongest battler ever, but if your Pokemon doesn't care about you then you'll never win."

When asked about her goal, Ruby didn't quite know how to respond. "I think I would like to become the champion, but so do so many other people. I think U just mostly want to prove how strong I am, I want to better myself and become the best I can be. I was thinking abou-"

Suddenly, the bell rang and it was time to switch up the dates. Ruby's eyes went wide, and with a sudden flustered expression on her face, she hurriedly reached into her purse to grab a pen, scrawling her number down onto a napkin and handing it across the table as she had to stand up. "Uh, c-call me sometime! Maybe we can go and explore Mt. Chimney or something! I don't know, just- Uh, I'll talk to you later!"

And with that, Ruby walked away, furiously blushing. And yet, despite it all, she couldn't help but smile ever so softly.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 3:02:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","elise"]

"Huh, I didn't think about it that way..." Elise said, tucking Ruby's battle opinion away to be considered later. "It'll still take a bit of getting used to, I think." She glanced down at Nibbles, giving him another stroke on the head. Nibbles captured her hand and squished his face into it while she refocused her attention on the girl across from her.

Hearing Ruby speak about wanting to prove her strength and improve herself was... kind of inspiring! It made Elise want to better herself as well, to work even harder to achieve her own goals. She jumped when a bell interrupted Ruby's sentence, signalling that it was time to move on. She laughed at herself for being startled, and for having forgotten that they were on a time limit.

"Oh?" Her eyes widened and she began blushing anew as Ruby handed over her number. After handing it over and saying her piece, the other girl started walking away. "Talk to you later..." She grinned and carefully stuck the napkin in her bag, resolving to call Ruby once this whole thing was over. Nibbles hopped down and mewed, waiting to guide his trainer to the next table. Elise giggled and stood, following after the Skitty in high spirits.

She was already having a great time, and the night had just started. Joining this event was her best idea yet!

notes: none!