thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 7:36:26 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

It's a foreign feeling, to be nervous about something. Gavin prides himself on being a man of competence and confidence, not some stomach-fluttering fool. But under the watchful presence of Cadis, a man whom Gavin is certain could kill him quite easily if he so wished, well, he can't help that his heart rate has shown a marked increase.

It doesn't show.

On the surface, he is unerringly calm as he steps into the confines of New Mauville, the hum of generators pervading his senses.

"It is here where I've been conducting the majority of searches as of late," he says, releasing a Pokemon to act as his guard. The Garchomp growls low and swings her head around, searching for threats that have not yet appeared. "The electrical energy has been known to attract Pokemon such as the Magnemite line, but I've witnessed plenty of steel-types that make this their home as well, many of whom are capable of possessing a particular move we seek."

[newclass=.gav] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#222222;padding:20px; color:#666666;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gav b] color: #716075; font-weight:lighter;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 8:00:57 GMT
cadis von klaussner Avatar

[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

"you've done your homework." cadis was well aware of what pokemon laid here. after all, he was the 'gym trainer', under his guise as 'dawn grandier', of the gym lader of mauville, cait alfric. "though, you've been slightly careless, professor merlino." there were pokemon that resided her, luckily they were back with cait in the gym due to her medical prowess being in great need of service. many of her pokemon were needed in order to assist in the healing of some recently injured civilians and pokemon from the recent festival incidnet.

"this place is under 's control, the gym leader of mauville. the next time you come here, should you come on your own, be sure to scope the area out. it'd be troublesome if our recent recruit were captured, i'd hate to abandon such a fine mind so early." a hand was placed upon the knowledgeable professor's shoulder. "nonetheless, you did very well all on your own. i do hope to see great things from you, my comrade." he'd come to walk past the professor, uttering the next, "let's keep going, shall we? we're bound to find the components we're in need of."

notes: ahhh, excited!

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 0:10:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GALARIAN STUNFISK APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / mimicry[break]
metal claw / snap trap / iron defense / mud-slap
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PINCURCHIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","aname2"]
WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / lightning rod[break]
zing zap / curse / recover / poison jab
[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 5:38:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Careless?

The word has him instantly on edge, though there's little tell upon the surface apart from a brief hesitation in his step. This could be the set-up for a classic hit, like in the movies: they're alone, no witnesses but the Garchomp that lingers close to Gavin's side.

Alfric is mentioned, then, and the stomach that's jumped into the pit of his throat drops back into place. He knew that. Was that all Cadis had meant by careless? His head is spinning with the sudden spike in adrenaline levels, and he takes a moment to compose himself before he opens his mouth.

He is composed enough to not jump at the unexpected touch of a hand upon his shoulder.

"I am exceedingly cautious, sir," Gavin reassures his boss with a dip of his head. You had to be, with their line of work. "If ever I was to be confronted, it would be under my alias."

Cavalli had different reasons for skulking around in New Mauville than did Merlino. The friendly, aspiring league trainer had a penchant for steel-types, just like the intense Rocket scientist.

He follows Cadis dutifully into the depths of New Mauville, ignoring the two Pokemon sighted from the corner of his eye. Not what they're looking for.

[newclass=.gav] width:300px; text-align: justify; font-size: 11.5px;background-color:#222222;padding:20px; color:#666666;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 19:13:56 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"haha, i trust in your stealth work and ability to slide out of any dangerous situation, professor merlino." as they casually walked forward a pokemon would come to capture his attention. "i can sell this on the market." the pincurchin ensnared his attention. "allow me the honor of capturing you, go rhyperior." calling forth one of his many pokemon, rhyperior would toss a rock blast at the poor creature.

in its waking defeat, cadis would come to claim the pokemon with a simple pokeball. turning to face gavin as they continued their walk, he'd ask, "so tell me a little about yourself gavin. i'm always curious to the backstories of my fellow rockets."

notes: catching the pincurchin!

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #a695ca; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 4:04:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FORRETRESS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] sturdy
[attr="class","wildtabox"] mirror shot
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] spikes
[attr="class","wildtabox"] iron defense
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] heavy slam
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PICHU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] static
[attr="class","wildtabox"] nuzzle
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] nasty plot
[attr="class","wildtabox"] thunder shock
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] sweet kiss

[break]
Cadis caught the Pincurchin!

[googlefont=Abel][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Rubik]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 10:55:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Do you?

Cadis unsettles Gavin precisely because he is so difficult to read. He's far more pleasant than most of the Rockets Gavin's worked with; they, at least, are simple to understand. Hardened criminals, cross them and pay. He knows where he stands with most of them.

With Cadis, he is less certain.

"Afraid it's less interesting than you might think," he prefaces, for 'Merlino' was a cautious individual who'd covered his tracks well. "I grew up in Unova, studied there. Might've stayed if the university weren't so stringent with their rules." Though the location is a lie, Merlino's backstory and not his own, the disgust in his tone is genuine enough. "Had no interest in attracting the wrong kind of attention, so I went underground with my studies. Moved around a lot. Eventually I crossed paths with the right people." Or the wrong ones, depending on perspective. "Wound up here."

He watches impassively as a Pichu attempts to nuzzle his Garchomp, scuttling off with a startled squeak when the dragon grumbles and shifts its gaze.

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2020 22:47:46 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

"is that so?" a forretress would come to block their path. "handle it, gallade." and with haste he moved to deal with the enemy. it was an easy cleanup for the dual-type. once the pokemon was riddled unconscious cadis would capture it. "is that so? how disappointing, i was hoping for a tragic backstory." he'd let out a light chuckle, "many of rocket members come from interesting upbringings. it's rare we get a few that are normal, but..." looking over his shoulder with a narrowed gaze, "that can't be the full truth, can it?" continuing their walk, cadis would add, "there's no underlying reason at all? you must have a reason, you're human after all."

notes: catching the forretress!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 4:14:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAWILE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] hyper cutter
[attr="class","wildtabox"] fairy wind
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] iron head
[attr="class","wildtabox"] sucker punch
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] fake tears

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KLINKLANG APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] plus
[attr="class","wildtabox"] metal sound
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] charge beam
[attr="class","wildtabox"] gear grind
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] zap cannon

[break]
CADIS CAUGHT THE FORRETRESS!

[googlefont=Abel][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Rubik]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 9:24:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[attr="class","gav"]

Gavin's chuckle is low in his throat. For a criminal, the real man behind the mask had a surprisingly good relationship with his family. They were not, however, from Unova.

It's what makes his skin prickle with discomfort when Cadis glances back at him, eyes narrowed as if they hope to peel back the layers which the scientist so diligently hid behind. Did he know something? Was this some kind of test?

"A reason for joining, sir?" He'd joined before Cadis had been in charge. There had been several reasons. Not wanting to slip up, Gavin settles on what is mostly the truth. "I suppose you could say I lack the ethics most organizations of science expect. I find it's more important to get results than to get tripped up with morals. Some might argue that what I do is illegal, and, well," his laughter rings through the building's interior, "that's why I'm here, and not with the league. I would not waste my talents on futility."

He had mourned the loss of the two Sandslash sacrificed, the price of progress, but he had been rewarded with so much more.

A clamor of metal gears striking ground draws his attention: his Garchomp has dutifully dispatched a Klinklang, and Gavin tosses a pokeball.

catch klinklang

close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 5:13:32 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

a mawile was defeated. her corpse brought to the rocket boss by his pokemon. with a ball he'd tap it atop of the head and capture it, "as you were." cadis stated. he continued to walk the path they were on.

"i think it's great that you stuck to your truth. there's nothing wrong with being selfish nor acting on your greed. it is what makes you human, after all." it's what cadis admired in many of his subordinates. "you did the right thing joining rocket, though under silas's reign was probably not a good time." unlike cads, silas only wished for nothing but destruction and yet that's what cadis admired about him: he had a dream--a goal. he was a monster to some, but a human in the end.

"unlike my predecessor, we're not simpleminded creatures who wish for only destruction. i..." he paused brielfy, "...i have a goal." he'd halt to look toward , "and that's to see everyone in rocket's dreams come true."

notes: catching the mawile!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 9:32:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ALOLAN GRAVELER APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MAGNET PULL
[attr="class","wildtabox"] rock polish
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] thunder punch
[attr="class","wildtabox"] double-edge
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] spark

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ELEKID APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] static
[attr="class","wildtabox"] shock wave
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] low kick
[attr="class","wildtabox"] thunderbolt
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] screech

[break]
YOUR PREVIOUS CAPTURES ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 23:29:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

An urge to find relief with Cadis' words wars with Gavin's instinctual paranoia, beaten and drilled into him by a hard upbringing and too long spent under the thumb of a Rocket to whom he was disposable.[break][break]

And Cadis hits the nail on the head with Silas' reign: it had not been a good time. His mask falters for a fraction of a second at the memory, sleepless nights and cold fear and a need to always, always do better, prove his worth, be an asset.[break][break]

As quick as it had appeared, such a vulnerability is forced back behind his crafted veil of tranquility.[break][break]

A nod to his Garchomp has the creature dispatching an encroaching Alolan Graveler with a concentrated sandstorm that wears it down.[break][break]

Gavin pauses to throw a pokeball, and something in Cadis' words sends an imperceptible shiver down his spine. Under Silas, Gavin had known what to expect. How to behave. Present uncertainties unsettle him.[break][break]

"That is... an admirable goal." He is careful in his reponse. Always careful. A hesitation, as if he's considering silence, then: "And what of your dreams, sir?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: when ur dw posts get 2deep4u (catching a. graveler!)

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dawn grandier
he/him/his
twenty-six
rocket boss
elite
219 height
219 height
awards
498 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cadis
cadis von klaussner
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 3:24:17 GMT

[attr="class","merkI"]

cadis could sense a faint shift in gavin's demeanor. he had been all too silent. he wasn't sure when it happened, but he could feel that. somewhere, fear resided. he wasn't exactly able to pinpoint what part made gavin falter for a second, but a calm demeanor was worn. he was able to pull himself together.

it was then that gallade, yet again, dispatched another pokemon. bringing it to cadis for capture: an elekid, it would serve him well. a capture was made and cadis continued on. gallade, once more, gone.

cadis' steps came to a halt once he was asked of his dreams, "oh...that's right, dreams can differ from goals." he had a dream, one that he never told anyone. "my dream..." he paused briefly, "...is to understand what makes one 'human'. to obtain my humanity." turning to gavin with a soft, albeit haunting, smile was worn underneath hollow hues, "i...can't feel a thing. from emotional to physical pain..." he'd look at the palm of s ands, "the physical part is possibly due to my illness." a secret he was never to tell, "i'm sick, gavin." he said it, "and i don't know if i'll even make it past this year." he'd move the palm of his hands to exercise them, "yup, nothing."

but that wasn't what he cared about, "gavin, you asked me what my goal was, correct?" he'd walk closer to gavin. enclosing the distance between them, "what if i told you that rocket serves as the key to saving this world?"

notes: catching the elekid!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
analytics [dw]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 5:09:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DOUBLADE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NO GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FURY CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"] POWER TRICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SLASH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ARON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HEAVY METAL
[attr="class","wildtabox"] METAL CLAW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HEAVY SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] METAL SOUND

[break]
YOUR PREVIOUS CAPTURES ARE SUCCESSFUL!