awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 21:03:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] The Pokemon provides little shelter from the general public but at least in here they're away from scrying eyes. Fernando's first pit stop isn't Nurse Joy but the local PC. One, two, three, six, eight, nine; nine Pokeballs are plucked from the pair of belts that sit neatly underneath the hem of his blazer. He lines them up tine depository tray and has them transferred back into his account, shuffling the new ones into their rightful places as he outfits himself to the teeth.

Only three remain between the exchange and anyone who knows him can make a reasonable guess on which Pokemon. "So what brings you to Mauville, Cooper?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 21:28:04 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

“Needed supplies,” and the Elite Four member could not help herself as she stood on her tiptoes, trying to observe his PC from over his shoulder.[break][break]

She dropped down as he turned, her arms crossed behind her back as she acted innocuous. “In Fallarbor, I was gonna plan on heading into the mountain range and... well, train for a few days. Turn off my cellphone. wait until all of this stupid shit blew over,” and there was no end to the stupid shit that had emerged from the New Years Festival.[break][break]

2020 went off with a bang, and she had been in the blast zone.[break][break]

“Everything is a mess.”

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 21:39:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando's eyes narrow by the slightest of margins but he passes no judgement from Bailey's less than stellar attempt at snooping. Her actions betray her portrayal and Fernando's not sure whether the gesture is intentional or just flimsily veiled.

"Fallarbor." Fernando repeats the word to commit it to memory but he'll have to do more than hope if he's bound to remember Bailey's departure. "Be safe. Things are..."

He pauses.

"A mess." She puts it aptly and he's bound to agree. "Any idea how long you'll be gone?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 21:47:16 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

“I'm not pulling a Bawler, if that's what you're asking,” Bailey said, unaware of her mistake. Balder, not Bawler, but she couldn't be damned to remember every little detail.[break][break]

She pointed to her backpack that looked poorly assembled—a sleeping bag tied to the top with what looked to be shoe laces. “I bought some camping gear, so I'll be fine. I'll just be gone for like... two, three days? Why? Am I gonna get yelled at when I get back?”[break][break]

Thoughts of a particular councilwoman resurface, making her face set into a firm expression. “Because I won't put up with that.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 22:08:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Bawler. Fernando allows a coy smile to flirt across his features but he still refrains from laughing aloud.

"Not by me; I could never impede on someone's will to improve. But, that doesn't mean I'm not concerned. We need trainers like you, Cooper."

The slight of her tone does not go amiss. "You know I support you. If anyone gets in your way, let me know. It's the least that I can do."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 22:43:39 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

“Keep that chick from Sootopolis off my back, or I might just do something stupid,” and Bailey spoke plainly in those moments, crossing her arms behind her head and not elaborating on her choice of words.[break][break]

There was something unnerving about that kind of acknowledgement—of doing something stupid if someone wouldn't back down, and to what degree was it stupid?[break][break]

Her eyes then rolled to the ceiling in thought. “Or, well, I guess you don't have to. I can handle myself. I know you guys all do your own shit. Maybe just vote no if she suggests dumb things... that's how it works, right?” and the political arena was not an arena that she battled in. Its rules were unknown to her, and the subtly of words and the poison that laced their promises were weapons that could stick to her ribs.[break][break]

That was why she opted to be blunt, to try and smash through the supposed transparency with words that could not be misconstrued. “Not to say that I'd think about up and ditching, or anything like that.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 0:21:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando groans inwardly at the mention of . "Losing Schwartz was bad enough Cooper. If anything comes up feel free to throw my name around like a blank check. Considering it your anti-Abbiati immunity card."

The Pokemon Center provides little value outside of the PC. Fernando finishes his only chore and peers toward the door, seeing if he can make out any sort of crowd outside of the glass walls.

"We lose a few more people at this rate and I might resign myself."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 0:51:06 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

“Niiiiiice,” and Bailey made a mental note to abuse that blank check when the problem would arrise.[break][break]

She followed his gaze, noting that were still a few people standing outside. They all seemed eager as they stared at them throught the thin, glass windows. Some jackass even had a strange make-up smeared across his face, reminicant of the pokenger... and he held up a banner with that cursed image.[break][break]

Her anger was diverted, if only because she was surprised by Fernando's statement. Him? Resign? “Well, you did say that berry farms were all the rage,” and she referenced back to that night they spent at Rascal's. “Just kinda crazy to hear you say it.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 1:01:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando can feel his face scrunch up as he winces at the gathering crowd outside. That cat-call whistle had done more than alerted him. Now they remain holed up until Fernando feels brave enough to exit without Bailey striking up a ruckus outside. More trouble, great.

"There's a point where even my patience wanes, Cooper." His expression doesn't change because his distaste doesn't either. "If politics fails I can always retire and go back to being the head of a multi-generational corporation. Not a bad second choice by any means."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 7:13:43 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

She shook her head at the flex—intentional or not.[break][break]

“And yet, even with all that money, and you're still trapped here with me,” and something devious almost glints in her smile. “I could throw open those doors and we'd be equally screwed.”[break][break]

But that would be too cruel. “Fuck. And to think I wanted to get to Fallarbor by noon.”[break][break]

She had a few options, and they all came in small, red capsules.[break][break]

Her hand hovered over her belt, betraying her thoughts. They called her a menace for a reason, right? Why not live up to it? “Would a few dazzling gleams cause permanet damage?”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 7:18:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] They don't share the same definition of screwed and Fernando frowns all the same. Her suggestion will cause more backlash than anything else and his eyes settle onto her own Pokeballs. "Don't you have something that can fly?" He pauses, tapping his own Pokeball, a force of habit to ensure it has the weight of registered and not that of a spare.

"Annoying as they are, they're more harmless than your blinding exit."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 7:28:07 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

She blinked at the question, losing the smile that had almost advocated for violence. “Well, yeah. I was gonna use Dazzling Gleam and then fly off. I don't want them following me. I'd use Flash, but... uh... I don't see pokemon using that shit anymore.”[break][break]

But he raised a good point—they were harmless. “They're annoying,” but her complaint was an empty threat as her hand snapped off one capsule, releasing her togekiss.[break][break]

extreme speed would still do the job, she guessed. “Tink, magic coat, okay?” and the fairy-type took on the faint rainbow sheen. “None of those punks are gonna get you to stick around.”[break][break]

Someone had scrawled out “po-copper” on a sign. They had it pressed to a glass.[break][break]

She looked to the poster and felt her lip curl back to show her teeth. For a split second, she almost wished another wormhole would open.[break][break]

“Ugh, okay. I'm out. Don't call me. My phone'll be off... so if Hoenn's fucked, you'll have to send someone. Or send a corviknight—whatever weird medieval shit the council likes to do.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
MENACE
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 7:39:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando can feel his eyes roll when someone finds the audacity to slap their poster against the PokeCenter door. At least they have the decency to stay outside. However, with their incremental boldness, Fernando has little wriggle room to talk Bailey down any further. "I see. Well, enjoy your break, Cooper. Hopefully the region is still alive and kicking when you get back."