Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
I can't change! Guess you can blame it on my left-side brain!
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
Horrible, Terrible, Awful Day [M]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 0:48:28 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

Today, today was a day.

The Evolving Sharpedo had looked to be the most exciting ride to go on and, dammit, he had paid to be here and he wasn't leaving until he emptied his guys on some horrifying ride! It looped, the passengers screamed like banshees, and there was a huge drop into water! It looked freakin' amazing!

"That's it!" There was only one problem.

"I'm getting myself off!" The ride had stopped, right above the water. So here he had stewed, for the last half-hour, feeling no more nauseous and no less irritated. Irritation burning in his eyes, he started manhandling the safety harness, utterly determined to free himself.

He just kinda forgot he was on a ride with like, twenty other people.

@open

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2020 19:37:38 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

Though he came across to most of the world as a man who couldn't have fun, Gavin enjoyed seeking the occasional thrill. Not much scared him any more, so he craved the adrenaline spike from a good death-defying experience every so often. Or, when he didn't feel like risking his life, a roller coaster would do.[break][break]

This one had a reputation for being particularly frightening, but all it had done so far was waste his time. He's already resigned himself to boredom, tapping his fingers in a rhythmless pattern on the warm metal of the coaster, when someone's outburst draws his attention. Ah, they've met.[break][break]

He's not the only one staring, but he's the first one to speak.[break][break]

"You know, you're not supposed to tell people about that." Gavin wiggles his fingers in a little wave. Someone stifles a snicker. "I'd say 'get a room', but I understand your options are a bit limited. Also, I don't think that safety harness is coming off."[break][break]

They were built to stop you from falling to your death, so Gavin assumes them to be fairly hardy.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 1:03:43 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

"If only I was that lucky!" Rex yelled back, to somebody's scoff, "Speaking of "limited", didn't think such a boring guy would be here! What, trying to discover a heart in a "land of fun"?" Rex yelled like he and his fellow were the only people of board, kicking the seat so harshly it rattled with every word.

"Well, damn! Looks like your right!" He spoke as if the concept of hard to escape from rides was unheard of, "Hey. You look smart, got any way to get the hell out of here? I'll take anything. Surprise me."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 11:18:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Gavin laughs, a humourless sound that bubbles up through smoke-damaged lungs. "Clearly you don't know much about me, then."[break][break]

It's not like they'd gotten to know one another on their dive. They'd exchanged names and shared a similar disinterest in actually saving the Luvdisc colony, but little else.[break][break]

"If I say 'no', are you going to take back that lovely compliment you just gave me?" While his dry sense of humour may come across as mocking, he does give the question some thought. "I imagine there's a release mechanism somewhere, but it's probably out of your reach. They demanded I relinquish my pokeballs before getting on the ride; don't suppose you got around that, somehow?"[break][break]

Arceus, he was dying for a cigarette.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2020 22:39:48 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

Rex looked back with a devilish smile, telling everything that needed to be said about bypassing rules. What? He wasn't getting on this mechanical death-machine without someway of not drowning if it got derailed or something! That was too stupid a way to die! Besides, he was sure they saw a Pokeball stuffed down his pants and did nothing about it. So, hey, it was really their fault!

"I knew it, you are smart! And maybe got a heart!" If possible, the dry humor seemed to be encouraging him as he dug out a Pokeball. "Aww, don't look at me like that." He snorted at some nearby stranger, "I'm hungry! And I don't see nobody trying to get us out of here in, what, the last hour!?" The Pokeball cracked open as he spoke, allowing a Floatzel to appear, practically crushing him as it clung to him.

...where would this mechanism be again, eh, tell Five, she's smart, she'll get it."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 13:47:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Gavin chuckles, but makes no further comment to confirm or deny his possession of a heart.[break][break]

Quietly, he's relieved that Rex had found a way to bypass the rules, even if seemed incredibly distasteful to the well-mannered scientist. Someone screams in alarm at the sudden appearance of the Floatzel, and he rolls his eyes.[break][break]

Logic dictated that a ride operator would need to be able to release the restraints without requiring particularly difficult maneuvers, but also that the mechanism would need to be out of reach of passengers.[break][break]

"Check the front or back of the cart," he says, raising his voice to make sure the Floatzel receives clear instruction. To Rex, he adds, "It's probably a button, lever, or pedal of some sort. Can you see anything like that from where you are?"[break][break]

Gavin had been placed near the middle of the cart, and thus could neither crane his neck to see behind him, nor get a good glimpse of the coaster's front past all the other frustrated riders.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: i actually did research on rollercoaster restraints for this post

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2020 23:51:34 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

It seemed Rex wasn't overestimating how smart this particular Floatzel was, whether she was just naturally this way or trained, for she was definitely listening to the instructions. She had a good grasp on slipperlly surfaces and searched the back as Rex tried to lean forward. "Ehhh, I dunno...looks like nothing to me-"

Click.

But somebody found it.

The restraints clicked upwards, and Rex fell back to look at Five, who preened and seemed praise soulfully. "Wow, she got it. Good girl!" He laughed, "Haha! We did it! Now what?" The moment of jubilation over, Rex looked around, and except for a man yelling unintelligible nonsense from below, couldn't actually see anything to do, except climb down...at least he was free.

(The things we do for writing!)

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 22:50:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

There's an audible click as the locking mechanism is released, and Gavin pushes the restraints upwards to stretch in his newfound freedom. A few other riders do the same, while some re-secure their restraints — Gavin surmises it makes them feel safer.[break][break]

"How should I know? You're the one who wanted out."[break][break]

Gavin's reasons for complying with the plan are revealed as he pulls a pack of cigarettes from his pocket and lights one up, embers scattering and drifting slowly to the water below. The cancerous habit is comforting in its routine.[break][break]

"Me, I'm probably going to wait for them to sort things out." His shoulders lift in a shrug, no longer restricted in their movement. "I'm not trying to get arrested, and my Pokemon are in that booth."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 1:40:08 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

Being able to stretch sure was nice but, even after hastily returning Five before someone on the ground could spot it, Rex still didn't know what to do.

...except maybe make another bad decision, another bad habit.

"...Mind throwing me one? Never got one before...gotta be good if there's whole packs of them." He asked boredly, if there was anything he could do to make this go by faster, he'd do it, damn his lungs.

Cause he had a feeling he was to be here a lot longer.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 18:58:36 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

"I wouldn't call them good."[break][break]

Gavin's been stuck with his bad habit since before he was legal, and he's tried to quit more than once. It's an inadvisable habit... but Rex is an adult, or at least looks to be, and Gavin doesn't try to dictate anyone else's bad decisions.[break][break]

"If I throw you one it'll just fall in the water, they're too light." Holding his cigarette between his lips, he slips the lighter inside the package and closes it up before tossing the whole thing his way, instead. "Chuck it back once you're done, though."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 23:06:01 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

Rex catches the pack easily enough and, already knowing it was a bad idea, lit one with the type of casualness reserved for opening a can of soda, not lighting a cancer stick.

Eh. You only live once, and the boss said death was his enemy. So let's get its attention.

And yes, it was awful. Eye-watering, itchy lungs type of awful that resulted in him doubled over coughing on his first drag. "Wow...its awful!" He heaved between coughs, still refusing to let go of the cigarette. "Hey...buddy, catch." He wheezed, flinging the pack and lighter back together, much like Gavin had thrown it.

"Is this how you lose your heart? Cause there gotta be easier ways." His rambling nature took over, like being stuck 50 ft in the air with him wasn't bad enough, "Like kicking a puppy...or gouging it out..."

He wasn't stopping though, no, what would he do to ease the boredom then?

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 23:20:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Gavin gets about the reaction he'd been expecting from someone trying a cigarette for the first time, and his laughter is loud and genuine as he watches the other man double over in a coughing fit. It reminded him of being eleven years old, making the stupid decision to steal one from his grandfather's office. He'd gotten a hell of a beating for that, and it absolutely had not been worth it.[break][break]

Practiced reflexes kick in, and he easily snatches the pack from the air, separating the lighter from it and slipping both back into his pocket. He'd need to buy more matches.[break][break]

"No one starts smoking because they like the taste," he says. "At least, no one I know, no one sane."[break][break]

He'd never admit to the reason he started: academic pressure, a desire to be perfect becoming too much.[break][break]

"Gouging it out? Arceus. At least smoking kills you slowly." He laughs again, shaking his head. This guy!

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 0:12:11 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

The sudden laughter is contagious, and Rex presses a hand into his forehead as his shoulders shook in shared amusement. "Had to give it a go, one in a million chance, I could have been crazy enough to like it!" The smoky air swirled around him, buffeted away from him by waving hands from the other passengers, not too pleased to have to share the air with the two.

"That's the thing, who wants to die slow, and by this disgusting crap?" He pointed at the smoking stick, still making no effort to get away from it, "That's about as boring as sitting up here!"

He reclined back and, not one to give up, gave it another try. Still awful, still smoky. "Speaking of dying, I'm gonna die. Of boredom if these idiots don't get us down soon."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 0:53:35 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

"Oh, I don't want to die," Gavin insists, truthful in spite of his potentially-fatal habit. "Just, if I could choose to die now or later, I'd definitely choose later."[break][break]

Plus, gouging your own heart out sounded both painful and incredibly messy. Given a choice, Gavin would prefer a clean death. Should he die of his cancerous vice, it would certainly not be clean.[break][break]

Another drag has him savoring the calm, eyes closed. He tilts his head and does his best to blow the smoke away from the other passengers, though the wind carries it where it will.[break][break]

"You could always jump into the water." Gavin smirks, cracking one eye open to peer at Rex. "Swim ashore, climb the fence, probably get arrested..."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Drakka

T-rex
He/Him
July 27
Sootopolis City
Bisexual
Muscle
Grunt
awards
261 posts
Rex Drago DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rex
Rex Drago
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 5:15:36 GMT
Rex Drago Avatar

"Well, that's true. Dying now doesn't seem a good time, I got so much to do!" That stupid lie flowed easily as smoke. Much to do? Like what? Fight some more, and more, and more.

Rex peered over the edge of the coaster, narrowing his eyes and sending a tiny bit of ash down to the water, as if testing the distance. "Not that stupid." He sneered, "I'm not looking to die, or get cops breathing down my neck." His eyes rolled over to where the ride started, where a couple of engineers and the like had been gathered for the last few minutes, "'sides...they look like they got this." The employees efforts seemed to be bearing fruit, if their fiddling with the controls was any indication.

"You know, this talk would gave been way more "enlightening" if we weren't on a rollercoaster."