fruit roll-up [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 0:05:01 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

This was a strange place to have lunch.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper bit into a ripe peecha berry, tasting the sweet juice as it gushed from the single bite; sugary and perfect. Verdanturf always grew the best berries. The wide expanse of the berry orchard spread out before her, trees lined in neat and orderly rows.[break][break]

She swallowed, wiping the mess from her face with the back of her hand.[break][break]

“So, yeah. We can take what we can pick,” and Bailey held up her simple wicker basket, “as long as we don't overfill this.”[break][break]

It was a change of pace—better than sitting at a table and paying an exorbitant price for the atmosphere of an establishment.[break][break]

“Now, what do you want to talk about?” There was time to burn.

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

; mission

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
fruit roll-up [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 0:23:29 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Though this was indeed a strange place to have lunch, it certainly wasn't one that Thomas was complaining about. Mainly, it was a very convenient place for the Kalosian to go, considering it was just a stone's throw away from his ranch. Not to mention that it was a far more casual setting than a restaurant, which got to be a pain in the ass. Though unlike Bailey, Thomas didn't indulge in one of the berries just yet.

Thomas would follow the Elite Four member around the orchard, a single good eye scanning around the place. "To be honest, I wanted to talk to you about your Krookodile.", he would tell her, ripping the band-aid off the proverbial wound. "Of everything that went down during our battle, your Krookodile's behavior was the one thing that stood out the most to me.", he would tell her. "What's the story behind your Krookodile, exactly?"

tags:
notes: Straight to brass tacks

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
fruit roll-up [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 0:32:59 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

sweetness faded. in its place, bailey cooper tasted something bitter.[break][break]

wondering why her mouth felt so chalky and dry, she was thankful that thomas had the balls to jump straight to the point. no fluff, huh? "Oh? That's what this is about?" and her eyes focused forward, steeled at the remembrance of past encounters and past battles.[break][break]

her krookodile was different; distorted, demented, changed.[break][break]

he was no longer a pokemon that would seek her hand. he paved his own way, and she can see the scars that marred his body just by her mind's eye. it was the same as her aggron--both surviving an encounter that left them seething in her possession, always eager to fight. "He's a dickhead, but most dark-types are like that..."[break][break]

her voice trails, and she snatches another pecha berry from a low hanging branch.[break][break]

that would not explain the scars, or the redness of his skin, or the way that power oozed from the krookodile like an open wound. "he hasn't really been the same--got into a bad fight, and by the time I could do something about it, it was already over. guess he just wants a rematch." and she understood that hunger better than anyone.

; mission

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
fruit roll-up [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 0:45:13 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas raised an eyebrow as she mentioned that he was a dickhead, like most Dark-types were. "I suppose so, but then, it's not just his behavior that stands out, but some things going on physically.", he would tell her. Indeed, he was referring to the scars on the Dark-types body, the disturbing redness of its skin, among other things.

"A bad fight? Mind if I ask about what this fight was like? Because I'm going to be honest, I've never seen anything like that until our battle. Was it just an encounter with a Pokemon, was it something man-made, or was it one of those... invaders?", he would ask her. The last word was a struggle to find a way to describe the two mysterious beings that attacked the Night Market. Given what was reported out of Mossdeep almost a year ago, among other things, Thomas couldn't help but wonder.

Thomas would find a tree with some good looking Sitrus Berries. The tall Kalosian would have no problem reaching up to grab the Sitrus Berries, plucking them off the tree, and putting them in the basket carefully.

tags:
notes: -

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
fruit roll-up [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 0:55:39 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

there was a moment of silence. a peacha berry joined the basket, adding to the small mound.[break][break]

she almost wanted to offer him one, just so he'd have something to chew on. something to stop the line of inquiries that was diving too quickly to the heart of the matter. "invaders? you mean the ultra beasts?" if this were a normal conversation, bailey would have diverged into a rant about how space pokemon sounded cooler.[break][break]

"lots of things in hoenn can leave scars like that, benoit," and she could not be direct. bailey could be a fool, but she knew that eyes were on her, and that loose lips would not work in her favor.[break][break]

the elite four member had avoided that spotlight, and she did not want it directed to her now.

; mission

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
fruit roll-up [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 1:20:24 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas crossed his arms as he studied Bailey's response and behavior. It was clear that the former Agent of Interpol was not buying what Bailey was trying to sell. She was clearly trying to hide something, clearly trying to dodge the question. But as his superior, he had to play his cards carefully, lest things get ugly.

"The scars? Sure, I can see that. But with everything else compounded into the mix?", he'd ask her rhetorically. He wasn't being loud about his questioning, at the very least being cautious enough not to give them out as they were speaking. Call it paranoia, but even Thomas didn't trust those around them. Whether Rocket was still around, or some new organization had filled the vacuum they left, Thomas wasn't going to let his guard down.

"Though if you'd rather not talk about it, just yet, I suppose I can understand", he'd tell her, as he added to the mound. As Thomas got close, he would discretely slip a note to Bailey. If she were to read it later, in private, she would find a location marked on it. After all, he too wanted to keep what he was up to under wraps. Not out of fear of how the League would respond, but out of fear that word might get out to spies.

tags:

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
fruit roll-up [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 2:48:42 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

"I got my fair share of scars, benoit. they're not all unique... but, hey, I got my share of stories to tell," and implications hung clear in the air as she resumed eating through her pecha berry.[break][break]

she used it as a chance for her other hand to snag the note, folding it tightly in her hand as her eyebrows arched. what was benoit up to? she supposed she would find out.[break][break]

the berries were starting to overripe the deeper they walk, and she can see them bleed and ooze.

; mission

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
fruit roll-up [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 3:14:59 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Fair enough.", he'd tell his superior, understanding her implication. Though the questioned still ebbed away at him, he would have to hold off on asking her anything more. At least for the time being, she wasn't going to give him a straight answer. So his hope was that with the meeting, if she did show, that he could have a more in-depth conversation, perhaps get her on board with his plan.

Thomas took notice to the fact that the berries in the basket were beginning to ripen a little too quickly. "Shall we head back?", he would ask the peacekeeper.

tags:

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
fruit roll-up [m]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2020 5:41:25 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

"Yeah," and she stared at her basket, noticing that it had been filled to the brim; game over.[break][break]

Bailey wondered what to do with so many berries. She had never been inclined to cook, but the sight of pink flesh conjured images of jars of jelly on a shelf. "I'm surprised we didn't see any wild pokemon."[break][break]

But she wondered if the deeper they went, the more rotten the fruit would have become. some were soft in her hand, suggesting that they were almost ready to turn.[break][break]

She tossed one of the ripe fruits to his hands, careful to catch his eye before giving the toss.

; mission

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,411 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
fruit roll-up [m]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 18:12:35 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"Same.", Thomas would tell her. Though his response was short, and to the point, it was genuine. With his luck, there was usually an attack. At the same time, his own Pokemon were able to hold their own just fine against them. And he had no doubt that Bailey would be able to take on anything that could've attacked them.

Thomas caught the berry in his hand, careful as to not crush it. With a wave of his free hand, Thomas set off back for his ranch. "Take care, Ms. Cooper!", Thomas called out to Bailey. Looking at the berry, he planned on planting the berry in his own garden, just to have it around.

tags:
notes: Rabuta berry

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
fruit roll-up [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 2:47:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy,[break] one two week berry (redeem in site shop, bailey), rabuta (thomas).