4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
okay galarian [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2020 23:17:25 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

Remiel found his second table and, after acknowledging the young man seated on the other side of it with a nod, reached out for a handshake. "My name is Remiel Calcifet. It is a pleasure to meet you." The Sinistea floating beside him was quick to offer the stranger a slight tilt of its cup— a bow, for all intents and purposes— before gently floating down onto the table and placing itself in front of it master as he sat down afterwards.

Folding one leg across his knee and leaning back into his seat, the black-haired royal flexed his neck for a moment before continuing. His sharp blue-grey eyes fixed on the young man's wild and overgrown hair... then shifted downward to meet his gaze, wholly indifferent. 

"You must get a lot of comments about your hair."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
okay galarian [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 0:30:32 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
[attr="class","bigass"]
maybe i'm born with it or maybe it's maybaline maybeline idek

[attr="class","ion-quote"]

party

Why was he here again? Oh yeah, the free food. That was pretty much the reason why Jet went to any formal kind of event. Well that and his mother strong arming him into it. That woman was surprisingly strong for being in hospital. Even though he was relatively late (which was not by accident) he still managed to get paired with someone.

Now given the reaction Jet gave, one could assume that he had already fallen head over heels, or perhaps was just totally shocked by how good looking this individual was. But no, Jet nearly shit his pants because the man sitting before him was one of the Admins in Team Rocket. Aka one of his many bosses. Or at least, it looked like one? Well assumptions ruin lives and right now this assumption was gonna ruin this date!

Well yeah I know! he thought to himself when he introduced himself. Jet just sat there though with his mouth ajar, not really sure what to really say until he spoke about hit hair. Almost instinctively Jet ran his hand through his mohawk as if to fix it, despite it's style. "Um, well yeah and no. Most people are too afraid to say anything to my face." Jet decided that not bringing up anything about being Rockets was for the best. God knows he hated it when others did.

As for his Arcanine who was happily sitting beside his trainer, once Remiel introduced himself, the large dog gave a happy sounding bark, wagging it's tail. Whats more he even pent down on his hind legs to give a reciprocal bow to the sinistea. The Cu was a good companion to Jet, but he was still a big ol puppy at heart. This somehow helped Jet to calm down. He smirked at his companion before turning back to his Admin. "I'm Jet O'Haire. Nice to meet you too" Now, would he recognize his own grunt?

[newclass=.bigass] [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass i] color: #765D75; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass h1] font-size:25px;font-family:Roboto;font-weight:900!important;font-style:italic;text-transform:lowercase;color:#765D75;margin-left: 30px; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass h2] margin-top:-10px; font-weight: bold!important; font-size: 10px!important; font-family: Roboto Condensed!important; text-transform: uppercase; margin-left: 20px; color: #aaa!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass b] color:#765D75; font-size:12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass a] color: #aaa!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
okay galarian [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 3:33:51 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

Remiel regarded the Arcanine with a curious look when it bowed. Had it been trained to do that, or did it possess the intelligence to mimic the action the Sinistea had made? He was almost certain it didn't truly understand the purpose of the gesture, but he couldn't be one hundred percent sure about that either. Regardless, the black-haired royal returned his attention to the man sitting before him as he tended to his mohawk. "Really?" He answered plainly. "I can't fathom why." While the hair style certainly wasn't something he would personally choose, he also didn't see it as intimidating or otherwise. But people were strange.

Despite the recognizable hair, Remiel didn't recognize the lad as a grunt in Team Rocket. They simply hadn't crossed paths before; at least not in any personal sense. His fairly new position as Admin had yet to introduce him to a majority of Rocket's up and coming grunts, or even most of its managers. The fact that Remiel had adopted his nickname as 'the Galarian Fox' so literally that he wore a fox mask to any meets between himself and his subordinates made it harder for him to be recognized.

"O'Haire? Fitting... considering the hair. Is that a Galarian surname?"
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
okay galarian [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 11:50:24 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
[attr="class","bigass"]

party

"Really? You seem like a smart guy though, surprised ya don't." Jet smirked as he pet his pokemon on the head. While it wasn't the brightest pokemon in the pc it's intellect wasn't something to scoff at. He was an energetic and playful dog, but he was smart too. He could tell when someone greeted themselves and when another pokemon was doing the same. Mimicking them was the easiest way for the fire type to return the introduction.

"If I had to guess though, I'd say people don't mention the hair because of my charmingly friendly good looks and my winning personality. It just makes everyone love me the second they look at me and not want to say a bad word." Smirking at his own sarcasm he wondered how his date would react. Everyone knows that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit, but Jet was the lowest form of person so it was really on par for what he found funny.

"Wow, surprisingly I haven't heard that before. But as far as I know it isn't Galarian. I think it might be from the Isle of Armor? Or the region close to Galar anyway, it's where my dad's from. I'm guessing that you must be from Galar since you recognized the name though?"

[newclass=.bigass] [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass i] color: #765D75; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass h1] font-size:25px;font-family:Roboto;font-weight:900!important;font-style:italic;text-transform:lowercase;color:#765D75;margin-left: 30px; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass h2] margin-top:-10px; font-weight: bold!important; font-size: 10px!important; font-family: Roboto Condensed!important; text-transform: uppercase; margin-left: 20px; color: #aaa!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass b] color:#765D75; font-size:12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass a] color: #aaa!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
okay galarian [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 21:25:52 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

"You don't look very frightening to me," Remiel added when Jet replied with surprise. In fact, the man appeared to be all smiles and smirks. "And one can still mention your hair without being insulting. Strange that your appearance and personality would factor into people refraining from comment at all." If there was sarcasm to be had, it had flown right over Remiel's head. See, as Jet might be realizing at this very point, while he had all the academic accolades of a university professor twice his age, Remiel wasn't exactly 'well-versed' with in social cues and the like. He was operating at a different wavelength.

But alas, the young man shared some background on his surname, and Remiel was happy to move along with the subject in what little time they had left. "Yes, Hammerlocke." The black-haired royal specified in response. "I've heard your surname before in passing." After hearing a bit of uncertainty in Jet's tone when he mentioned the Isle of Armor and his father, however, Remiel had to ask: "Are you not certain where your dad is from? The Isle of Armor is a fairly unique place. I would assume you would be."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
okay galarian [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 21:49:32 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
[attr="class","bigass"]

party

"Why thank you." he said with an unamused yet polite smile. In this sort of setting he couldn't imagine coming across as too terrifying. Especially since his puppy was was chasing it's own tail. Seriously why was he so lovably ignorant. As for ignorance, Jet wouldn't go so far as to say his date was ignorant but he didn't quite seem to get what Jet was getting at. Then again he did have a rich high class air to him so he probably wouldn't understand anyway. Oh well, they're from different worlds.

Hammerloke though? What kinda fancy shamncy name was that? Well apparently Galrian anyway and god knows there were full of royals and nobles. As for his well it wasn't too common yet this guy seemed to have heard about it. Jet seemed to freeze slightly at the next comment however. The mention of his father, his family name, it was a bit much for him. His dear old departed dad was the reason he was stuck in the rockets in the first place and this guy gave off way too familiar of an aura, like from one of the higher ups. It felt as though he was being indirectly played with. But no, that wouldn't make sense. Jet was the one that brought his dad up. Still, the thought was enough to cause another falter in the boy. "Can't say I know too much about my old man. Wouldn't be surprised if he was from around there anyway, since the name is like you said common around there." he began to pet his Arcanine again, as if looking for some kind of support and to stop him from biting his own tail. "But yeah, guess you could say I am unique. I mean the hair alone is enough but I like to think I have more goin for me than that." He then turned back to the man and gave a wink, his teal eye with red tint now finally meeting his gaze. He was still half afraid but at least he was maiing good conversation!

"How about you? Born and raised in Galar? Can't say I heard of your family name before but it sounds fancy at least."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,529 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
okay galarian [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 22:59:45 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
POKÉMON

Remiel couldn't say he had known his father very well before his passing either. But there were most certainly records. Even without word of mouth, a birth certificate and other records of history would have sufficed to let Remiel know everything about the man that wasn't personal conjecture or opinion. He knew where his father had been born, where he had grown up, where he'd gone to school, even where he'd worked in the past.

So to hear that Jet O'Haire knew hardly anything about his own immediately raised some doubts and opinions. Then again, these were the circumstances of man who had likely grown up far different than he had. Whether he lacked the resources, or simply the want, to find these things out, Remiel did his best to try and be empathetic.

The wink had managed to catch him off guard, though:

Remiel was sure it meant something; he just wasn't sure what. Regardless, the young man appeared interested in his own background and surname, so the stormy-eyed royal obliged. "Born and raised in Hammerlocke. I can assure you there isn't much about the Calcifet family you're missing out on." They were only one of Galar's oldest royal families. He supposed that was 'fancy'.

But, alas, the tell-tale jingle that announced the end of this round suddenly reverberated throughout the noisy contest hall. Their speed date had come to a close and, knowing this, the Sinistea that had remained dormant in front of its master this entire time suddenly levitated up from the table and offered Jet O'Haire a parting bow.

This time, it was Remiel who would mimic the action, placing a hand on his chest before bowing. "We've had an interesting exchange, Mr. O'Haire. Perhaps we'll see each other again someday. Until then."
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
okay galarian [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 11:03:47 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
[attr="class","bigass"]

party

Seeing his date's reaction to the wink almost made Jet laugh out loud. He somehow managed to contain it by turning over and looking to his pokemon. In truth he didn't think much of the wink but could defiently see why it caused such a reaction. Normally Jet would be embarrased by such an action, but from Remiel, it was just funny. He was so oblivious being from what sounded like the higher end of society in the fancy foreign region of Galar. The names he spoke about had a familiar ring to them, but before any more inquires could be raised about them a literal ring of the hall bell signified the end of the round.

"Yeah it was fun. See ya around I guess." He said standing up from his chair as Remiel bowed his head. Jet just stood there in a rude confusion. He was from Kanto and he didn't even do that formal shit. The most he did was give a handshake but well this guy seemed like he'd rather anything else. With an almost reluctant sigh he gave a small bow too before waving his hand casually as he moved away.