awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TRUANT
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 4:47:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Natural sunlight is an unfamiliar alarm clock. Fernando groans as slivers of bright yellow pry at his closed eye lids. It hurts to stomach them and he turns into the reclining shade of his cushions, burying his face to hide from the aftermath of last night's terrible decision.

"Cila. Close the blinds."

When nothing happens the memories start to trickle in. Against his wishes, Fernando realizes that he's not at home but just another empty living space made for degenerate bar crawling. Annoyed, he groans again, reaching for the coffee table and fumbling over its glossy surface until his hand feels the familiar touch of a Pokeball.

"..."

It opens and thankfully he proved competent to keep his trusted Kecleon nearby. Reduced to nothing more than a mute errand boy, the Kecleon gives him a small nod before plodding off to the kitchen to fetch a bottle of water. Routine breeds proper training and among those he keeps close, Fernando finds the most reliable of friends even if he doesn't show it.

"Thanks," he mumbles before sitting up.

The water keeps him parched but his mouth goes dry when he realizes who he brought home.

Cooper.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
TRUANT
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 7:46:13 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

Bar crawling never ended like this. It never ended somewhere so clean.[break][break]

When Bailey Cooper awoke, she was not greeted to the stale yet familiar smell of a motel room. She breathed and smelt fabric softener, and felt linen sheets tangle around her limbs as she contorted her body from its selfish spread—sleeping alone had its benefits, and she had extended her limbs to every far corner to seek the most comfort.[break][break]

It was a level of comfort that she wanted to selfishly covet, but her morning needs refused to let her rest.[break][break]

When she moved, Bailey felt the familiar pang of a hangover manifest. It was not as sharp or as vicious as it could have been, and the newly-dubbed Sergeant was thankful that she had the sense to pop a few aspirin in her blacked out state. Drunk Cooper had learned to be kind to her sober counterpart, and as she sat up in the empty bed, she looked at a television that had been left to run throughout the night.[break][break]

“What the..?” Where was she?[break][break]

When her eyes swept down, they were met with the sight of her wrinkled uniform. She had fallen asleep without changing, and her nicely ironed dress shirt had been marred by creases that had undone her efforts to look nice and tidy. Her dress jacket and slacks were sprawled out on the floor without a care, if only because that would have been uncomfortable.[break][break]

It was the sight of blue that caused her memories to resurface. The ceremony. The bar. The drive. This was Fernando's place.[break][break]

“Fuck,” and the anxiety in her stomach was only eased by the fact that she had slept alone, and not with company. Some boundaries had not been crossed, and she thanked an unseen deity for that stroke of luck.[break][break]

In the early morning, she trekked barefoot through his house, trying to not make a sound.[break][break]

Bailey passed through the living room, avoiding the couch and the sleeping figure of the councilman with as much care as she could muster—what was she supposed to do? Slip out of the house before he woke up? The thought of the conversation that would emerge from their night was too awkward to fathom.[break][break]

But she was fucking starving.[break][break]

The kitchen was her destination, and Bailey went to search through the fridge like a famished Greedent.[break][break]

She wretched open the door... and stared into its depressing, almost empty state.[break][break]

“What the fuck?” Why was there barely anything in his fridge? Did he even live here? “Is he a plant? Does he fucking live off sunlight?” She rooted through the contents, shoving aside bottles of water as she tried to seek something of actual substance—nothing. Nothing that she would want to eat.[break][break]

In her desperation, Bailey went to the sleek and modern cabinets. Too short to properly raid through their contents, she had to get up onto the counter-top, sitting on her knees as she tried to find something.[break][break]

Her search made her overlook the sound of a pokeball releasing a pokemon, and the sight of a Kecleon wandering into the kitchen to search through the fridge that she had left open.[break][break]

“Where's the fucking—oh thank god, he does drink coffee,” and she pulled out the coffee grounds from a high shelf.
[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TRUANT
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 19:42:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Shit! Is she awake? He hadn't checked on her since he passed out on his own. Left to her own devices, Fernando hopes for the best and assumes the worst. Cleaning up vomit is never pleasant but at least he doesn't use this residency often. And he can always use his Pokemon to carry out menial task in lieu of his own efforts.

"Fuck."

Fernando curses under his breath before emptying the rest of his water bottle. He can only stomach so much in one go and breaks to take a breath, crumpling the bottle once he finishes. "Go check on her," he whispers, getting up not too long after that. The plodding sound of his Kecleon's stubby little claws against the wood floor echo with every step and Fernando groans as the sound echoes in his head.

His first move is the same as Bailey's. Coffee. He enters the kitchen and stares at her in the same manner a parent would catching their child in the cookie jar red handed. "Making yourself at home, Cooper?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
TRUANT
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 7:18:34 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

Her bare knees ached. It came from the cold, unrelenting hardness of the stone counter.[break][break]

Bailey's head swiveled at Fernando's arrival, and she displayed no shame as she gestured to his empty cabinets. Some might have felt embarrassed at being caught digging through someone's kitchen, but her bafflement defied such rationale. “More than you have.” Like, seriously. How was this possible?[break][break]

“Do you just eat out all the time?” There was a loud tap as she set the coffee tin onto the counter. A rough push of the hand sent it sliding across the smooth surface, straight to Fernando. It was his poorly stocked kitchen. He knew where the coffee machine was.[break][break]

She'd slide off from the counter, pulling down at the edge of her button-up shirt to keep it at length with her upper thighs; tan-lines visible from where the point of her shorts would have began.[break][break]

The state of undress does little to faze her—hunger took precedence.[break][break]

“Oh, and uh... mornin' I guess,” she'd eye the councilman's state of disarray. “You got shitfaced last night.”[break][break]

The wild miltank-like licks of her hair suggested that she had not fared much better.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TRUANT
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 8:47:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Yes." Fernando feels no shame in his answer. It's the truth and for good reason. "People who cook for a living tend to cook tastier food than I can. I also don't visit this place often." His defensiveness only extends to explaining the why but not his actual tone when answering, unaffected by her question. Instead, he watches her, raising his hand to catch the tin as it slides across his counter top.

Stifling a yawn, he takes the tin and goes about searching his drawers for a coffee filter. It becomes increasingly clear that indeed Fernando was not familiar with his residence. Eventually, he finds one and pulls the filter out of its stack before fitting it into the coffee filter basket.

"Naturally. We were celebrating you, weren't we?" There's a tinge of amusement in his answer and he starts the machine with a click of a button. It hums with life and the sound of boiling water wretches behind him. He turns to face her, smiling.

"Feeling okay?"

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
TRUANT
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 0:03:43 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Coffee would not solve the hunger, but she hoped it could curb its viciousness.[break][break]

Bailey dismounted from the counter, letting her feet grace the plush of a pristine kitchen mat. “How many of these places do you have?” A house for every day of the week?[break][break]

It was a possibility.[break][break]

She watched his search, letting her eyes absently observe his movement. There was no interest, just a look of fog as she felt her thoughts dislocate. Mornings were rough, and the Sergeant looked ready to retire back to bed than confront the new day.[break][break]

“Fuckin' starving,” was her immediate response to his question. “Always am after a night of drinking... least this time it was for a good reason: me.”[break][break]

Her lips pulled at the thought, curling into something proud.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TRUANT
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 22:56:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Seven; one for every day of the week." His answer sounds off in a normal tone, inflected with the intention to make it sound like this wasn't anything unusual. The deliver of the joke was cemented in how out of touch he's supposed to be with 'normal' living spaces but Fernando can't hold it in for more than a few second. He stifles a mild chuckle before providing a real answer.

"Three. My main place and then two drop off points for when I go drinking or need a place to crash."

There's a momentary pause when they're just staring at each other until Bailey mentions her stomach. "Ah, sounds like someone's ready the breakfast of champions." He reaches for his phone. "Did you want to grab something to eat or have it delivered?"

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
TRUANT
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 6:00:55 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Bailey almost believed him.[break][break]

“Sheesh, you got the money to do it,” and she drummed her fingers on the counter, waiting for the coffee to start its brew.[break][break]

Her brow arched at his question.[break][break]

“Last time I got offered the breakfast of champions, it was just another drink.” Her stomach soured at the thought, knowing that would be like a match to gasoline. She needed something solid, not something to send her to the closest bathroom. “And... uh... delivery. Fuck it.”[break][break]

Something itched in the back of her mind. Was she forgetting something?[break][break]

Probably nothing important.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TRUANT
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 9:38:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Delivery is arguably the most important answer but it creates a tree of options. Where are they ordering from? What do you want? Sunny side or over medium?

While open to suggestions, Fernando is a man of action. He picks a place he trusts on his own and thumbs through various items. Naturally, he orders just about one of everything. He doesn't expect neither of them to finish it but he's fairly confident that the food won't go to waste. Not when they're plenty of willing mouths nestled securely in their balls.

"Ordering from Sarah's. Let me know if you want anything specifically or if you have any dietary restrictions."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
TRUANT
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 19:44:16 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Dietary restrictions?[break][break]

“Why would you think I'm on a diet?” Bailey's head swiveled like a Noctowl ready to take flight. “What the fuck?”[break][break]

Silence elapsed, letting time tick like sand through an hourglass before the actual meaning of his words dawned on her.[break][break]

“...Oh. Uh. No. I'm not allergic to shit. Wait, except... uh...” what was that lie she had told him all those months ago? "Like, nuts."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
TRUANT
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 6:47:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Uh. What?

Fernando does a double take, going so far as to take his eyes off his phone in order to question her with a tilt of his head, holding it until she correct herself. Must be the hangover. He'll do her a solid and make the excuse for her himself. After all, this all stemmed from going above and beyond the line of duty toward her celebration.

"You can just pick from what I order then," proves to the be the safety fallback. The awkward silence holds longer than it should. Only when the coffee machine dings does he have an excuse to shuffle around.

"Twenty minutes, supposedly."