Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Wild Night [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 17:58:02 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would find himself at the table first, this time. The one-eyed Gym Leader patiently waited for his partner, making sure that the marking for the table was visible, so that she may find it. While he reflected on the night so far, Pulse sat on the ground, nibbling away at the treats he had on hand. Thomas looked down to the fluffy Audino, flashing the little guy a smile, before looking back up.

Thomas would soon see Kaida approaching. He had known the Ranger from the times she was sent to his Ranch. After the incident at the Night Market, Rangers would be sent to the Ranch in order to assist in the care of the injured Pokemon, and Kaida was one of those that Thomas had gotten to know a bit better than most. Thomas would stand up to greet the woman. "Ms. Adachi, it's good to see you again.", he would tell her.

Pulse, noticing the Ranger approaching them, would greet her, and her companion, with a friendly wave.

tags:
notes: Outfit, red instead of white shirt

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Wild Night [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 21:19:16 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

The next table held a familiar face, one that was hard to miss, even for her. "I didn't think I'd see you here, Mr. Benoit." Her voice bubbled in curiosity, even as she placed an inoffensive smile on her face. "Don't be rude." She suddenly directed her attention to the Toxel by her heels, who hissed a tiny sound at the man. Ormr and Hema, possessing a familiarity, waved their tails and cried out in a greeting before settling by the table.

Kaida offered her own hand in a greeting, and whether or not it was accepted, seated herself and waved at Pulse. "I would have thought others would bring more Pokemon, now I just wonder if they're taking advantage of the free food." Kaida tilted her head at her trio of companions who immediately figured out how to lure an employee over for more Poke food. "...is the ranch alright?" Work was a terribly droll subject to talk about, but she didn't much care to not hear about a ranch of Pokemon!

Who'd be stupid enough not to talk about it?

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Wild Night [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 3:26:07 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The trainer would pay no mind to the Toxel's rudeness, but wave to the Ekans and Seviper, smiling at them as well. Thomas would greet the Ranger with a smile, taking her hand and shaking it. "Admittedly, I thought of bringing more, but it was a bit crowded for that, to be honest.", he would tell her. Indeed, most of his Pokemon were combat ready, and sitting in their Pokeballs, waiting for trouble. Pulse was just here to spend the day with his master.

Bunni, upon seeing the two serpents, would let out a happy cry as he waved to the two of them. Though the Toxel, who remained a stranger, was less inviting than the two snakes, he was sure he'd make a friend out of the Toxel. The Audino would approach the purple baby, offering it one of his treats. The pink fluffball would also offer treats to the snakes, to make sure they weren't left out. The Audino would introduce himself to the Toxel, to try to get something going, before asking the serpents how they've been doing.

"Of course. We've been busy since the incident in the Night Market, but I personally welcome it.", he would tell her, his tone genuine. It wasn't just his Hydreigon that was still recovering from the acid spewed by the tentacled beast that housed the Commissioner. His team of Audino, which had thankfully expanded since the incident, along with his Blissey, worked diligently to make sure the victims of the acid rain could make a full recovery. And he was thankful for Rangers like Kaida, who's work had been very helpful over the past month.

"How have things been going on your end? Anything interesting or amusing happen out in the wild lately?", he would ask her, referring to her duties as a Ranger.

tags:
notes: Striking up a conversation

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Wild Night [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 20:36:41 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

The conversation between Pokemon was going well enough. Kaida held back on cooing or laughing as Bragi stared dumbfounded at the treat, and then immediately chomped on it, squeaking and falling on his rump as he tried to stuff it into his cheeks. Hema and Ormr responded back with all sorts of quick information about a gaggle of new family members and of course all sorts of hunts they'd recently completed.

"Work just means we can do our duties, too bad it's from fights like this." It didn't matter what happened. It wasn't like a forest fire, where everyone did what good they could...a fight just brought another fight until one side won. Until then, Pokemon would have to fight and fight.

Kaida was personally glad for a chance to shift in conversation, and chose to go down the amusing path. "I had to dress as a wrestler and fight a few days ago...a Croagunk was my partner in crime." If not for a smile that suddenly erupted across her face, the straight manner she spoke with might make her words seem serious, but she was clearly holding back a laugh. "Nothing was going on and I think they needed a bad guy, with my partners," She looked over at her trio of companions, "I was an easy choice!"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Wild Night [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 1:01:49 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Pulse watched to Toxel tried to stuff his face, he would step in. He would attempt to advise the baby Poison-type to calm down in eating it, lest he start to choke on the treat. However, he kept this as light as he could, while listening to the two snakes tell him about their adventures. The Audino liked hearing about the new friends they made, in particular.

Thomas would give her a solemn nod. What happened in the Night Market was most unfortunate, and he could only hope that those afflicted would make a full recovery. But until then, all he could do was facilitate their care. At the very least, he had an excellent crew of healers to take care of the needs of the injured.

Thankfully, the conversation took a light turn. As Kaida recounted a wrestling event that ended with her being a heel, Thomas chuckled. "I've heard of events like that going on. Haven't really had the time to go, myself.", he'd tell her. Perhaps he would visit in the future. He had the feeling that he'd also be an easy choice for playing the heel. "Tell me, how did it go?", he'd inquire.

tags:
notes: Conversing, and somesuch

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Wild Night [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 5:25:02 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

The confrontation continued under the table. As a child, Bragi didn't want to listen...but as a child seeing the way Hema looked at him and shook her head? And the way Ormr hissed out a disappointed sound? He listened. A memory sprung up in the serpent's mind, and both suddenly became curious about being on a ranch...it was always nice, and Kaida always stayed linger there, but they didn't seem to grasp what it was, despite their many visits.

"It feels better to watch." Kaida admitted. The whole act had been far too exhausting. One needed to act, to speak, to almost hit but not really got someone..."It wasn't really a real fight, so I couldn't say it was that exciting...Glima, ah, the Croagunk liked it. I'd rather a battle. It's just as exciting."

Having lowered her eyes in thought, she suddenly sprung back up, "I haven't heard much from you...other than the Night Market. Good things happen? Ranger things? Gym things? Er, more Audino?" Being kind, healing Pokemon that had assisted, Kaida had naturally taken a liking to the creatures...it only seemed natural for their population to grow.

Again, she was losing time, the shortest thing on the planet during this speed date.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Wild Night [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 17:43:59 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I see.", Thomas responded to her. Though his response was short, it was clear that he was listening. "If you ever wanted to have a battle, you know my Gym's always open, provided you catch it when there's not a line as long as the forest path.", he joked at the end. But the truth was, his Gym had really taken off since he started it. Whether it was people curious about his 'trial', or those just looking for a battle, thanks to the flexible terms he had for the battle, he wasn't hurting for challengers.

"Actually, since your last visit, we've had two more Audino join the family.", he told her. "If you'd like, you could always come over to the Ranch, as a guest. The Audino took a shine to you, and your friends, and would love to see you again.", he would offer to her.

Finally, time was called. Thomas got up from the chair, once again offering Kaida a handshake. "Best of luck. I hope to see you on the Ranch again, at some point.", he would tell her, before he and Pulse would set off, after hearing what she had to say. The Audino would wave goodbye to the trio of Poison-types, as well as their mistress, before joining his master.

tags:
notes: Fin

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
Wild Night [SD]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 19:44:43 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

"Is that so? Then I'll arrive on an unpopular day. Perhaps on a hot or cold day." Kaida considered her options audibly, knowing gyms were always a priority for lots of trainers. For a battle, she'd have to be certain to not interrupt trainers. Gym badges weren't a dream to her but a showing of strength, she could prove it at all times.

"I liked them too." Kaida admitted, "I don't see many Pokemon being...so kind like that, it's refreshing, and gives my family a break." She was used to liking dangerous Pokemon but this exception wasn't exactly disliked, she just wasn't sure how to keep it. Trouble was always a concept on her mind, she could scarcely think that the kind Pokemon would be able to stay that kind...maybe her family wasn't the only ones who needed a break.

"I'll arrive when I'm not busy." Kaida promised, rising up and taking the handshake, smile rising on her face, "Stay safe...let's go guys." She called afterwards, beckoning her trio before vanishing into the roving speed dates again.