orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
rock slide [m]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 22:25:39 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

"Ugh. No wonder no one else volunteered."[break][break]

Orion shivers, zipping up his jacket as far as it will go. Though it's not the first time he's been to the Shoal Cave, he always forgets just how frigid it is compared to the rest of Hoenn until he can see his breath and his boots crunch in the cold sand inside the cave.[break][break]

His Typhlosion seems equally displeased with the temperature, the flames on her back flaring hot and bright.[break][break]

"I know, girl, I'm sorry." He lays a hand on her side, carefully avoiding the fire. "We've just got to oversee this dig, maybe beat up a few ground-types — not that I'm expecting you to do any of that — and then we can go home."[break][break]

A furious roar comes not from the Typhlosion Orion's busy consoling, but the mouth of the cave where he'd left his Gyarados — the solution for the aforementioned ground-types — on guard.[break][break]

"Sorry," Orion says, grimacing, as he exits the cave to greet the stranger. "Ladon's just a grouch. I'm guessing you're the other person they sent to help guard the dig site?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
rock slide [m]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 22:56:07 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
[attr="class","bigass"]
maybe i'm born with it or maybe it's maybaline maybeline idek

[attr="class","ion-quote"]

party

"Christ why did I have to take this job in the freezing cold..." he moaned to himself, clutching to his Arcanine's fur like a cotton to Velcro. His fur was so warm. Thank god for his internal engine within the fire type. Still if it wasn't for the fact that Jet was incredibly incredibly broke he would stay far away from this damn cave. He almost froze here once. At the very least the pokemon that he caught in this frozen hell hole might enjoy coming back? Well regardless the cave the miners were excavating was coming into view.

As soon as he entered there was a huge ass Gyrados blocking the way, roaring intimidatingly at Jet and Cu. Arcanine roared back, feeling like it was in for a fight. Luckily before he could give the command, the blue haired Rocket was greeted by the one thing more annoying than the cold. A league member! Now he'd have to be on constant guard not to let slip anything about rockets. God this was already so much more of a pain than last visit.

"It's fine." he said hoping off his fire type who was now glaring daggers at the overgrown tuna. "But yeah, I'm on this job too. Wasn't told that I was going to have company though." he said, almost sounding suspicious of the league member. Best to start the suspicion game early to get himself in the clear. He then glanced over to the other fire type in the gave. This one was obviously the guy's pokemon. "Seem great minds think alike. Your's I'm guessing." he said nodding towards it. Jet thought the pokemon was impressive, but even now his own was giving off a much warmer heat and glow, even if he was still skeptical of the gyrados. "Anyway, let's head inside. Oh and I'm Jet and this here is Cu."

[newclass=.bigass] [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass i] color: #765D75; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass h1] font-size:25px;font-family:Roboto;font-weight:900!important;font-style:italic;text-transform:lowercase;color:#765D75;margin-left: 30px; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass h2] margin-top:-10px; font-weight: bold!important; font-size: 10px!important; font-family: Roboto Condensed!important; text-transform: uppercase; margin-left: 20px; color: #aaa!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass b] color:#765D75; font-size:12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass a] color: #aaa!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
rock slide [m]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2020 23:08:06 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Gyarados feels equally threatened by the Arcanine, lashing its tail and spraying both trainers and Pokemon with droplets of water. It had taken a dip in the frigid water surrounding the cave, and the ranger makes a face as the damp seeps through his clothes.[break][break]

"Chill out, pal, you're fine."[break][break]

His touch seems to calm the grumpy Gyarados somewhat, and Orion glances over at Jet with surprise. "They didn't? They told me — guess it just slipped their minds. Everyone's real busy after New Years."[break][break]

The wormhole incident had been nearly two months ago, but it required a great deal of time and effort to repair the damage that had been done to the Night Market. Orion takes out his phone, inhabited by his Rotom, and quickly fires off a confirmation to the Rangers that his partner had arrived and they would proceed as expected. Pocketing it, he leads the way inside.[break][break]

"Orion Lykos, Ranger," he introduces himself, gesturing to his Gyarados and Typhlosion in turn. "You've met Ladon, and she's Nova. The dig site's further down; I was told to wait up here for my partner, but I can show you the way."[break][break]

He makes for one of the temporary elevators they'd installed for the dig, safety reasons no doubt, returning his Pokemon temporarily to leave room for Jet.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
rock slide [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 11:47:28 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
[attr="class","bigass"]

party

"Ah you fuckin prick!" he shouted with detest at the Gyrados. Being dowsed in water was one thing, but being dowsed with ice cold water in a literal freezing cave was beyond words! Well some curse words would suffice like Jet showed but even still! Cu gave a low growl to the gyrados, it's body exploding into fire. "Don't." he sighed towards his Arcanine who was about to tackle the gyrados with a flare blitz. "Keep using it though, might dry us off quicker." The dog turned his attention back to his trainer, although not before turning back to give one last glare to the Gyrados.

"Oh yeah. Busy. Likely excuse. Definitely weren't too busy to tell you Mr. Ranger." scoffing under his breath after his brief introduction. Now Jet knew he couldn't complain too much, being a rocket and all, but these guys didn't know that! From their point of view he was just a travelling trainer looking to help! So as to why they didn't tell him? Who knows. They probably only saw Jet as a passing hand who they didn't care much about. The thought alone was enough to grind his gears.

Once he was well and dry he returned his Arcanine and got into the elevator with Orion. Admittedly he felt a little unsafe in the makeshift device but well he couldn't do much about it. "So, was Ladon always such an asshole?" he asked, hoping to make some small talk while the descended.

[newclass=.bigass] [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass i] color: #765D75; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass h1] font-size:25px;font-family:Roboto;font-weight:900!important;font-style:italic;text-transform:lowercase;color:#765D75;margin-left: 30px; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass h2] margin-top:-10px; font-weight: bold!important; font-size: 10px!important; font-family: Roboto Condensed!important; text-transform: uppercase; margin-left: 20px; color: #aaa!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass b] color:#765D75; font-size:12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.bigass a] color: #aaa!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
rock slide [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2020 18:00:45 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Orion's first impressions are of a crass, irritable individual lacking the patience for dealing with many wild Pokemon, at least in a peaceful manner. His jaw tightens as the kid snaps at his Gyarados, but the hand he leaves on the serpent's flank is enough to keep it from lashing out in response. Sure, Ladon had overreacted, but it was only a bit of water![break][break]

Those first impressions are shored up by his next comment, prompting raised brows from the ranger.[break][break]

"I work for them," he points out, an edge creeping into his tone. "I keep in constant contact. It's a lot easier for them to get a hold of me."[break][break]

He bites back any further comment, wanting this job to go as smoothly as possible. He'd started fights with mission partners before and it hadn't led to a very pleasant time in working together. So while they stand on the elevator, the contraption rattling slightly upon start-up before descending into the depths of the cave, he decides not to be a smart-ass.[break][break]

"Ladon's pretty calm for a Gyarados, if you can believe it. They're a pretty temperamental species. He wouldn't have attacked you, though. He knows better than that."[break][break]

The elevator reaches the bottom, and Orion steps off. It's even colder down here, frozen sand giving way to ice and snow. The ranger readjusts the scarf around his neck and releases the Typhlosion once more for her warmth, holding off on letting his Gyarados out until they exited the series of winding tunnels that had been dug out for the excavation.[break][break]

Eventually they reach the site, and Orion briefly checks in with the forearm before relaying information to Jet.[break][break]

"Looks like there's been some disturbances on the western side of the site, possible activity from ground Pokemon. You got any companions with you besides your Arcanine? I know fire and ground don't exactly mix well."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
rock slide [m]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 13:45:41 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
[attr="class","bigass"]

party

"My point exactly. Just cause they have you on speed dial they find it easier just to tell you instead of finding my number." Even though Jet knew what Orion's tone was conveying, at that moment he didn't care. His was in fact very irritated already and even more so as the temperature dropped along with their altitude. His description of his Gyrados though seemed pretty accurate. If all it would do was splash at any possible threat it certainly was more tame than the rest. But no way he was gonna say that just after snapping back! Besides, Jet wasn't in the mood to make any friends, especially not now and extra especially not with a ranger. That'd just cause more problems and annoyances.

The moment the elevator rattled to a halt Jet burst out from the contraption and sent out Arcanine. He huddled beside his fire type for warmth but even it's fur lost it's usual heat from the cold. Cu himself glanced around quickly to make sure that no threat was around. He was probably looking to see if Ladon was sent out in all honesty but regardless the doggo's earlier aggressive demeanor was gone. Instead it was panting happily at Nova who had also been sent out. It gave a friendly bork towards the other fire type while Orion spoke again.

"Tch, I wasn't born the other day! I know how type advantages work!" he whined back to the ranger with a roll of his eyes.
"I just have Cu out mainly for warmth like you and Nova. I have a water type on me too and another ice type." He said although he may as well have not said anything because two moments later Jet revealed two pokeballs in his hand and released their contents.

The first to be sent out was a sleek blue pokemon with a boisterous grey shell. "This is Meadbh. She can be tempermental too but she's strong." he said putting a hand towards the pokemon who seemed totally shocked and appalled at her intro. The next pokemon that was released was a rather large one. It had brown woolly fur and looked like it was right at home in the deep cold cave. "And this is Trom Oigher. He's a sweetie." He joked patting the beast on it's front leg, which resulted in a puff of steam to be expelled out of it's snout."Dunno why they bothered asking you to come. As you can see I can handle this myself." Now speaking with a cocky smirk and a tone to match he thought that one way to keep his partner warm was to get his blood boiling. Really Jet was doing him a kindness! And if he didn't see it that way, well then just teasing the League member would be good enough to keep the chill from his bones.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
rock slide [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 1:01:12 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

First impressions don't get any sweeter. If anything, Orion's opinion of Jet sours the more time they spend together.[break][break]

"I'm not implying you don't know your match-ups," he says, ire creeping into his tone. "I'm asking a question, because communication is important in a team."[break][break]

Of course, as was quickly made clear, Jet had little intention to work as a team. Unlike their Pokemon, Nova returning the Arcanine's greeting with a friendly growl of her own, the two were not of like mind and Jet insisted that he could handle everything just fine.[break][break]

Orion's a ranger, it's his job to make sure these things get done right, but the temperamental part of him wins out.[break][break]

"Is that so? You want to go in there alone, then?"[break][break]

He leans against a supporting pillar set up in the cave, folding his arms as he gazes at Jet.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: sorry about him

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
rock slide [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 17:45:59 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
[attr="class","bigass"]

party

”Tch, yah sure.” adding his own anger to his tone. He was gonna keep snapping back twice as hard until he was the loudest voice in this argument! That’s just the kind of asshole Jet was. Besides, with each reply he could tell he was annoying the ranger more and more so for once something was actually working the way he wanted it. Wonder how long that’ll last.

A team? Pssh this guy was funny even if he was a ranger. Well funny and ballsey. In all honesty Jet was taken aback when his bluff was called. Being totally abandoned by the ranger never crossed his mind as one of the possibilities of the mission, yet here he was, now acting more smug than annoyed trying to catch Jet out in his condescension. Well maybe he’d just call the bluff caller! ”Sure. If I do well then I prove my point. If I do shit then you get fired for letting a civilian take on such a dangerous mission by themselves.” Crossing his arms with a triumphant smirk he glanced over his shoulder to Orion. ”Either way it’ll be seen as the League Rangers being incompitent. As per usual.” Having said enough to warrant a sharp reply, Jet walked forward to go deeper into the mine. ”Coming or not?” He’d say, still looking forward, a slight echo going through the cave while his pokemon followed him. Oh yeah, it was all coming together.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
rock slide [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 0:03:45 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Arceus above, it's been a long time since Orion's genuinely wanted to punch someone. He remembers his discussion with about being the bigger man, about resisting such urges, and their agreement that such a stance wasn't always satisfying resonates with him in that moment.[break][break]

But he doesn't want to lose either of his jobs, and so his nostrils flare with a deep intake of breath.[break][break]

This kid looks like he's fresh out of high-school, the sort of cocky punk that Orion's older brothers had been. Such unpleasant associations do nothing to better the councilman's mood.[break][break]

"If you do well, you prove your point," he repeats, nodding his agreement. Nova makes to follow the kid and his Pokemon, then hesitates and trots back to her trainer when she realises he hasn't moved. "If you do shit, I clean up your mess and don't mention you in my report as anything other than an arrogant civilian who got in the way of an important operation. I get the credit and the reward, you get blacklisted from future jobs. Who do you think they'll believe?"[break][break]

Orion now counts himself among the ranks of the elite rangers, to say nothing of his camaraderie with the Head Ranger, . Petty as it was to use such things as leverage or blackmail, this little shit was really pissing him off.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: heh, as promised, angry orion[break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
rock slide [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 19:07:35 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
[attr="class","bigass"]

party

So the ranger fell for his bait. Well partically anyway. He knew the score but put his own spin on things. The declaration even made Jet stop walking as he glanced back, grinding his teeth to stop any further insult being shot from his mouth. He was annoying as hell but he wasn't a total idiot of a ranger. That was going to be an issue later on surely, but for now that trait was going to be useful for the mission.

"Are you coming or not?" he repeated, leaving their little squabble there for now. What he said was interesting though, definitely something to keep on the record for later. Wonder how much trouble he could get into for saying that? Ah well no use dwelling on it, might make Jet mad again. For now he had calmed down, or rather forced himself to push his anger aside. No use being pissed at his temporary team mate. Miht accidentally order his pokemon to attack him. And wouldn't that be a shame?

Now that he had cooled his jets, the cold creeped back into his bones and made the rocket's hair stand on edge. He walked over to his fire type and began to walk further in, not bothering to look to see if Orion would comply. He hadn't much choice in the matter anyway.

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,526 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
rock slide [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 19:32:30 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
ROYAL
Royalty is wasted on those who don't achieve definition in conflict and build their own legacy.
POKÉMON

As though summoned out of thin air (repeatedly), a young bespectacled man and his Garchomp appear out from the darkness ahead. Remiel Calcifet recognizes the young boy he was once paired up with during the speed-dating festivities in the Concert Hall. But the other gentleman in the tunnel... not so much. His nonchalant blue-grey eyes look over them both as he approaches, however, and the same is to be said of his Garchomp, Damkina. She leans forward for a closer read of them using her sensory organs, but stays faithfully by her master's side at all times, large tail swinging gently.

"Lover's quarrel?" He remarks, casually passing them by with his dragon in tow and headed for the exit.
MADE BY VEL OF GS + WW
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
rock slide [m]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2020 1:09:09 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

By the question, Orion assumes that he's gained the upper hand in their dispute. It's hard to tell with punks like Jet.[break][break]
Either way, Orion's real interests lie with the wild Pokemon and the protection of the dig site, and so he silently follows Jet deeper into the cave. Someone appears from the darkness ahead, a stranger to Orion, and the ranger scowls at the question. As if he'd ever be caught dead with someone like this guy![break][break]

He keeps that biting comment to himself.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: sorry for the long wait / feel free to mod request![break][break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay