Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Bad Blood (Research)
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 20:13:16 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"We're here.", Thomas would tell the Head Scientist in his company.

Their journey to Black Site Cobra was an unconventional one. Disguised as fishermen, the two of them would take a boat from Slateport to Dewford Town. The trip itself was an uneventful one, thankfully, their disguises hopefully throwing off any suspicion. Upon arriving in Dewford, the two of them would make their way to a section of the docks that was deserted, before being greeted by a pair of Abra. The Abra duo would teleport the two to a basement somewhere in the outskirts of town.

If one were to look at the site from the outside, it would look like a run down shack, which looked like it could fall apart at any moment. The inside of the basement was a different story all together. The basement itself was well illuminated, with all of the equipment they'd need for the testing they'd conduct. Thomas would open up the case he had on hand, which looked like anything a fisherman would carry, concealing the samples he took from the Night Market, as well as any other samples he could gather beforehand, including the Commissioner's blackened mucus that he had obtained from before the incident.

"What can I do to help you, Professor Lane?", Thomas would inquire. As he asked, Thomas would remove the shades from his face, disguising the fact that his right eye was damaged beyond repair. He would tie his eye patch over the burnt eye. He would remove the cap off of his head, allowing the long brown locks bundled underneath to fall back down to his shoulders.

tags:
notes: Arriving at the research facility

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Bad Blood (Research)
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 22:37:22 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","avienbox"]
[attr="class","avienheader"]
[attr="class","avienparty"]
[attr="class","avienicon"]

[attr="class","avientext"]

Lucas neatly folds part of his disguise and places it on a table in favor of a crisp lab coat from a drawer. "You can start by placing the case over there." He motions towards a tank containing a semi transparent viscous fluid. "Then tying your hair back and putting on some gloves too." He sets down a container of white plastic gloves and several hairbands. [break][break]

"After that carefully place the flesh sample into the tank. You can try and place only a portion in case exposure to the mucus goes awry." Lucas opens a drawer and retrieves a dropper. "I'll be exposing it to only a fraction of it though."

[attr="class","avienooc"]

notes

[break]
[attr="class","avientag"]

[newclass=.avienbox]width: 400px; min-height: 200px; background: #2e2e2e; border: 1px solid #222222;color: #807e7e; line-height: 14px;text-align: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienheader]width: 400px; height: 50px; background: #CC9964; display: flex; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienparty]padding-left: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon]display: inline; padding-right: 5px;opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon:hover]opacity:1; transition: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienActive]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientext]padding: 25px 30px; font-family: Roboto; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc]border-left: 10px solid #CC9964; font-size: 10px !important; margin: 0 30px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc p,.avientag]padding-left: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientag a]color: #b1b6bc!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Bad Blood (Research)
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 22:48:53 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would remove his disguise, revealing one of his usual outfits underneath of it. As he was instructed, Thomas would place the case near the tank. "Way ahead of you.", Thomas remarked, as he pulled his hair back into a ponytail, before tying up the bundled hair, with a binding he brought himself. Once his hair was bound and out of the way, Thomas would slip on a pair of gloves over his hands, this time taking from the container of plastic gloves.

As he was told, Thomas would take a portion of the flesh sample he retrieved during that fateful night, and carefully placed it into the tank. Despite his appearance, it was clear that Thomas had experience with this sort of thing. If anything, this sort of activity had taken him back to his studies in Pokemon Biology.

In any case, despite everything he was doing, he was still ready for something to go wrong.

tags:
notes: Here we go

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bad Blood (Research)
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2020 22:41:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
BAD BLOOD

[attr="class","aname2"]
thomas' research thread

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]PREY
[break][break]
THE LIQUID IS POURED. as it descends into the tube, black wisps trail from the thick clump of mucus like paint. the flesh seems unaffected— at least for a little while.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

one of the wisps seems to tail toward the sample. soon, the rest of the toxin follows. the viscous black body latches on to the flesh seems to absorb into the muscle, which writhes and slams against the glass. attempts to drain the tube of its containment fluid in response— but before he is able to shut the experiment down, the cracking of glass mutes any response.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

the flesh, reanimated, crawls around the floor. it leaves black sludge with every step, for it has grown black limbs. something has hijacked this sample's cells. what was once dead or preserved, seems to have regained life. it lunges for , spewing venom.[break][break][break]

k|caL3q8
[break][break][break]

what will you do?
[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]INSTRUCTIONS
[break][break]

, please ROLL alongside your action! i will be npcing , unless razost would like to play him.[break][break]

repost in the research thread after you have posted!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Bad Blood (Research)
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2020 14:59:03 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas watches on in silence as the experiment begins. It doesn't take long for things to go wrong, as the black fluid latches onto the severed tentacle, and slam against the glass. Thomas does what he can to help Lucas shut down the experiment. But before they can succeed, the reanimated flesh breaks out of its glass prison, immediately crawling on the floor.

As it lunges at Thomas, the Gym Leader quickly attempts to dive out of the way, while deploying the Pokeball containing Freke the Alakazam. Immediately, the Alakazam attempts to take out the reanimated flesh with a Psychic blast.

u679IJTI

tags:
notes: Thomas attempts to send out Alakazam, to blast it with Psychic

···
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bad Blood (Research)
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 4:36:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
BAD BLOOD

[attr="class","aname2"]
thomas' research thread

[attr="class","ipad"]

[attr="class","ihead"]SUMMARY
[break][break]
THOMAS' ALAKAZAM DESTROYS the reanimated flesh. on the floor, containment fluid spreads like a slow tide. the sludge that stains that very floor is diluted, spreading like black watercolor paint.[break][break][break]

after the events that had just transpired and further testing, and would be able to conclude that the poison is a potent neurotoxin. oftentimes, the host will be immune or resistant to poisons (explaining why ' joltik's poison failed to kill ).[break][break][break]

furthermore, the injected neurotoxin wears away at the mind. victims lose inhibitions and grow impossibly excited or feverish, forcing their bodies to work without limit. perhaps, the two would surmise, this is comparable to remarkable feats where humans push their corporeal vessels to the limit, like a mother lifting a car to save a trapped child.[break][break][break]

eventually, with careful testing, and would be able to help remove the toxin from her body. however, unbeknownst to them, her paranoia has been exacerbated...[break][break][break]

a true antidote is currently being tested to promising effect.[break][break][break]

stay tuned for poison patrol.
[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ihead"]INSTRUCTIONS
[break][break]

, you receive the following:[break]