awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 9:08:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando takes time out of his schedule to make a guest appearance at the Battle Hut. The announcers for today's exhibition match parade his name like some sort of battler but Fernando dismisses the notion entirely.

"I'm just alright, or so I've been told." His voice travels over the PA system and he ends the comment with a mild laugh along with a forced laugh track to simulate an actual audience. Several more soundbites play over the arena's PA system as he's grilled by several interviewers.

"Well there you have it, trainers! Who dares test their luck against Slateport's very own Gym Leader, Fernando Silph? Surely any challenger who can best him here can do the same at his Gym. Is there a champion in the making among us? Only one way to find out!"

The announcement dies off and background music plays once more. With an awkward laugh, Fernando excuses him from the recording room before making his way toward the main floor where the battle arena is located. He stands on the right end of the field and looks at his Pokeball with a mild fascination.

He's been here once and came out ahead after sustain a lengthy, close battle. Who knows what today has in store?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2020 16:46:07 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida didn't look the sort to be overly concerned about training and one would be completely wrong to believe she didn't concern herself with it. The only tangible difference was that, to her, training was traveling with her family, facing the environment and wild until she and her Pokemon formed the reflexes and bond to take on challenges as they came. They didn't plan, she couldn't plan, planning just meant one had an idea how a battle could go.

Recently, three of her family joined her main force of Pokemon. One had grown into a quick and deadly hunter, one seemed to defend her little ones, and the last was already getting bored with the easy seducing of nearby males. Kaida knew they were strong, but she wanted a test in battle. It was only right, she couldn't put them in danger if they were incapable right now.

The Battle Hut is unfamiliar territory to her but she enters with no hesitation. She is aware who she might be battling and doesn't very much care for the name. A leader could be a leader and still be asinine in battle, gym leader or no, this was not a gym battle and she trusted her Pokemon's instincts. She is the first to arrive for the battle, unconcerned about preparation and unintimidated, it is only natural she arrives first.

She almost regrets getting into the arena as a wall of noise erupts around her. Couldn't the audience be silent and admire for once? Across the arena is her opponent, their opponent, and she takes out a Pokeball as she talks.

"Please do not hold back, sir. We will not. Best of wishes, or something like that." She waits for the first throw, her mind was already set on her Pokemon, so it didn't very much matter to her.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 1:49:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Very well. I'll be under your care, trainer."

Fernando answers her challenge with lighthearted laughter and a bow of his head. "Please take it easy on me. I'm quite rusty without my Gym Pokemon."

True to his word, Fernando casually lobs his Pokeball forward and it reveals the Bunnelby he brought with him. The grey little rabbit has seen very little battle since he's captured it from his garden and it shows with the way the Pokemon needs to familiarize itself with the change of scene. Shaking its head, the sensory overload of being in a building rather than outside is disregarded in the face of an opponent.

Confused, the Bunnelby stares at Kaida, unsure if it was summoned to battle the human in front of it.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 5:23:35 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

Kaida didn't think she'd actually feel like she needed to mean her "don't go easy on her". However, in the moment the bunny left its Pokeball, she wasn't certain if her words rung true. Her eyes narrowed briefly, but she quickly reigned in her composure, Ormr was an unevolved Pokemon but she could trust the serpent with her life, certainly it was similar?

For something fast, she could either match in speed, or overwhelm with power and defense. Hel was an obvious choice, but Kaida refrained. If a battle was at an advantage from the start, especially if this rabbit really was weaker than she expected, she would get no indication of Hel's abilities.

Instead, she chose Jord.

The great dinosaurian kangaroo stretched peacefully as she emerged, casting a curious glance around before settling on the little bunny, letting out a cautious cry in reply to her strange situation.

"Your move." She announces charitably, leaning forward as if preparing for battle herself.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 8:53:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando has no qualms with taking the first move. He smiles innocently, rubbing his chin as if he were pondering his choice. His Bunnelby seems none the wiser but glares at its opponent with LASER FOCUS. To those unfamiliar with the subtle technique, it'll appear as if the Pokemon is simply awaiting orders.

Fernando knows better and he double dips into his opponent's courtesy. "Alright then. Best of luck, trainer. We'll be starting off with SUPER FANG!"

And, unsurprisingly, the Bunnelby charges forward. It runs straight at the Kangaskhan, looking to sink its over-sized SUPER FANGS straight into the Pokemon's leg.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 16:33:19 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Jord backed up as the rabbit Pokemon springs forward, usually able to avoid a hard hit. However, the focus the Bunnelby developed lead to her unable to avoid the fangs, and she bellowed as Super Fang struck true. [break][break]

"Get rid of it, don't let up!" Kaida gave a less than obvious order, and Jord sprang up, attempting to crush the other Pokemon under the very leg it was biting. The pain seemed to cause her attack to increase in intensity and whether or not she succeeded, Jord was back on her feet in an instant for her next move. [break][break]

Don't let up, right. Courtesy would demand she stop, but when did Kaida follow such rules. Unaware that her opponent had similar sentiment, Kaida's Pokemon did what she wanted. In this case, leaping forward on powerful legs while swinging a Dizzy Punch. Close-range was the only time the heavy-set Pokemon could find opportunity to deal damage, so she took advantage of the opportunity.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Jord uses Reversal, then follows with Dizzy Punch!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON May 12, 2020 2:48:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] The SUPER FANG hits true but puts the Bunnelby in quite the predicament. It's small size leaves it vulnerable to being squashed by the much larger foe. Like stomping out a bug, the Kangaskhan crushes the Bunnelby underneath its feet. However the pressure is only applied for a moment as the Pokemon follows up by backing up. Rather than committing to a curb stomp, the Kangaskhan gives the Bunnelby room to maneuver and roll out of the way.

It's not enough spacing to prevent the Kangaskhan with following up with another melee attack. The DIZZY PUNCH comes at an accelerated speed, bolstered by the springy nature of the Pokemon's leap, and sends the Bunnelby spawling backwards. Despite the punch being a normal attack, the power and effectiveness behind it seems reminiscent of a fighting type attack.

There's not much the Pokemon can do to return with the same fervor. With a shake of its head, it tries to gather its bearings, slightly CONFUSED by the DIZZY PUNCH but steadies itself with the constant tapping of its foot. Once it feels steady enough, it takes a mighty leap, looking to BOUNCE high enough to return the favor with a mighty blow.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON May 12, 2020 13:56:56 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

More was a simple Pokemon, a Normal-type, practically the only thing special about her was her ability to hit ghosts, and that was useless here. Yet Kaida chose her, because she was sturdy and strong. Even with the Super Fang wound pulsing into the front of her mind, Jord simply steadied herself and prepared for the next attack. [break][break]

Bounce sends the rabbit straight at Jord, and Kaida says nothing. She watches her human opponent, waiting to see if he personally makes an order, or perhaps he has the same strategy as her, to trust their Pokemon to attack. At least he didn't seem to order or gesture for the Bounce attack. She wasn't sure how to feel, should she be confident about this? Surely this wasn't everything because at this rate, she thought Jord might even win! [break][break]

Receiving no order, Jord repeated her previous attack, knowing simplicity was her best bet. She would take the hit, if only to trade blows once more. She could take it.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Jord uses Dizzy Punch to try and counter!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON May 17, 2020 18:30:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Another attack lands but the Bunnelby isn't near experienced enough to close the opening window left by landing the attack. It results in the DIZZY PUNCH leaving a lasting impression that knocks the wind out of it. Fernando's Bunnelby is thrown backwards and stumbles in place, unable to secure solid footing with how disoriented it is.

Considering the current situation, Fernando recalls his Pokemon in an admission of defeat. "Solid execution of landing stronger blows after each exchange. That's my loss." He congratulates her with a smile and a brief clapping before returning his ball to his belt.

"Did you want to swap to your next Pokemon or was that sufficient?"

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON May 19, 2020 14:13:04 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

And that was it? [break][break]

Kaida nodded warily at the praise, "Thank you, it was all Jord." She explained, tossing the praise onto her Pokemon, who let out a pleased grumble before Kaida returned her for a rest. [break][break]

That couldn't be it all, right? Kaida's face changed near invisibly, just a slight frown. Either this man was using just weaker Pokemon, or for all his brilliance in other thing, fighting was not a thing he did well. In all honesty, she would like to know which it was, so that she might know how to work with this person. [break][break]

"Just one more, please." She asked respectfully, releasing Freya, a fiery lizard who balked at the audience, "I just want to see what I can do." And you too.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: One more?

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 7:16:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Alright then. This time the match up won't be decided by the Pokemon chosen."

Having to use his Bunnelby first made the match a sure decision upon Kaida's choice in Jord. This time, he's picking into her choice and his hand defaults to the only Pokemon he has that doesn't outright win or lose against Salazzle. An Alolan Raichu represents Silph and levitates against the cusp of its own fluffy tail.

Fernando waits a moment to allow both combatants to register their opponent before issuing a command. "FAKE OUT." And the Raichu charges forward, pivoting mid-air, and over the Salazzle to strike it with a whirl of its tail in a downward whip.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON May 24, 2020 17:50:13 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Fake Out was never an attack simply avoided, before either even saw the attack coming, Freya already yelped and felt herself slam into the ground. A dizzied feeling came over the lizard, no matter how much she shook her head, the feeling only gradually disappeared. For a few seconds, tremendously long for a fight, she found she couldn't call upon any of her abilities. [break][break]

"Get away!" Kaida called, knowing the attack couldn't happen again anytime soon and besides, the Salazzle would do good to be nowhere near her opponent in battle. [break][break]

Listening in a hurry, Freya leapt forward and away from the electric mouse, darting all the way to the other side of the arena. Fake Out was wearing off, but it was long enough for another strike to be coming her way.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Freya is unable to act, but tries to put distance between her and the Raichu!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON May 31, 2020 0:33:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "WILD CHARGE."

The moment the strike lands Fernando issues another command. Granting the enemy a window of time to recuperate is foolish and Fernando's an avid believer of proactive battling. Since his Raichu isn't as well trained as his other Pokemon, he takes the reigns but actively directing it.

Gravity pulls the Raichu to ground level but it never touches the floor, levitating on its own tail like a proper SURGE SURFER. Electricity emits from the Pokemon's body and it follows after the Salazzle in hot pursuit. The urgency behind Freya's movements show a deep concern for creating distance but she'll never get the chance. Fernando's Raichu surges forward and looks to ram into her with an electrified tackle.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2020 18:14:13 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Reading blows was always something Kaida's Pokemon knew. If you were going to take a hit, but back. If you were going to lose, make sure the enemy was just as bad. [break][break]

Freya knew well too and, bracing for impact, spat a dose of poison downwards, purple smoke swirling around and towards the Raichu as it surged towards her. As a Poison-type herself, the poisonous liquid and smoke was fast-acting, she didn't doubt its effect. The only problem now was getting hit, and what a hit it was. [break][break]

A crackling boom rang out, crashing Freya across the floor as electricity leapt off her into the metallic bars walling them in. The fight was still on, the Salazzle pushing herself up with her eyes lighting up with a Nasty Plot. Just a hit, and Kaida would know she could fight, she really could help.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Freya gets hit but uses Toxic and Nasty Plot!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
APPEARANCES
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 8:24:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] The poison doesn't even need to make contact to have effect. Close proximity to the fumes is TOXIC enough. Smoke and a slick poison seep into Raichu's pores and the burn seeps in from just breathing. Each exhale comes with a flared pain through the nostrils. But the pain is minor compared to the damage it'll inflict with its WILD CHARGE.

Raichu's attack connects as the moment that Freya is launched, the Raichu lets out a following THUNDERSHOCK. It just needed the WILD CHARGE to keep up. Once its in range, continuing the blast the target becomes the standard move. The opponent might use this time to cook up a NASTY PLOT but its Raichu who executes it.