snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clementine [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 21:43:14 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
realistically, this was a really bad idea.

illeana has no idea what she's doing, no cooking skills that are required for such a task. no, instead she's following a blind faith that everything will turn out alright... even if she does manage to burn the house down. god, she really hopes that doesn't happen. a soft sigh escapes her as she surveys her kitchen, unsure of where to even start. how do people enjoy this? if anything, it's stressful and she hasn't even started yet. the concept that this is supposed to be relaxing, rewarding, and fun is completely lost on her. it feels like a daunting task, one she's certainly going to fail.

all she wanted to do was make cupcakes for a bake sale... why is that so difficult?

disheartened and at a loss, the woman runs a hand through her dark hair. for once, it's down and curling at the ends, brushing against the small of her back. "should i try looking at more recipes?" her counter is already covered with various supplies and books, each one providing nothing more than clutter. "oh, or a video?" her eyes drift toward the corner of the room where her laptop rests against the kitchen table. would a video even help? sure, it could show her the steps but... it certainly won't magically give her the knack for baking.

and so, illeana sighs once more and ventures toward the open door. she isn't necessarily sure why she decides the door is the best place to be but it's suddenly suffocating in the small kitchen and she needs some fresh air. that'll help her clear her head for this, right? or, better yet, maybe she could flag someone down outside that could help... yeah, that might be a better idea than trying this endeavor on her own. ugh, but would a stranger really help her bake some cupcakes? is that a normal thing?

"you really had to agree to this, huh?" she grumbles to herself as she steps outside, the heavy door slamming with a little too much force. the woman's expression turns sheepish as she squeaks, the noise effective in startling her further. and then, she sinks to sit on the front steps, a pout already forming on her lips. her eyes begin the tedious task of scanning the area for anyone wandering by, as if the universe will just magically give her a willing helper. god, she hopes so...
flammaenixlapisaliummarecauda
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clementine [m]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 22:55:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","viva"][break]
[attr="class","vivalyric"]DESTINY IS OVERRATED SO I THINK I'LL WRITE MY OWN
[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]TAGGED
[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","vivaright"]NOTES
[break]
hope you don't mind me picking this up!

It's Iris who took the charge, the svelte Espeon strolling ahead of him. While there was a few things Draze needed to get done, none of them were really urgent. Mostly just picking some stuff up from the store; buying some more Pokeballs for later, perhaps nabbing himself a new jacket or something as a treat. But those things weren't pressing. He could just take the scenic route, which was wherever Iris was going.[break][break]

She took a pause, the Psychic-type's eyes looking towards a lady who had just stepped out. Tail gently swished in the air as she looked back to her trainer, before venturing a bit forward. Draze's eyebrow slowly raised; Iris and strangers tended not mix. She was wary of them, keeping the watchful eye in case of something. Thankfully nothing had really happened in the time they've been together, but that never discouraged her.[break][break]

His hands stayed in his pockets as he watched her, taking a step for as Iris approached. The Espeon remained silent, simply sitting in front of the woman, bringing a paw up to lick at the fur. "Uh, Iris?" he called out, flashing a smile as he came closer. "I hope she's not bothering you..."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Roboto:400,700][googlefont=Raleway:800]
[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva b]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#d93636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.viva a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#d93636;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#d93636;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clementine [m]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 3:03:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
at least she isn't sitting outside for too long before someone captures her attention... well, she would have originally preferred an actual human but this espeon is adorable and she's enamored from the moment the psychic type approaches. so much so, in fact, that her lips curl into a gentle smile. "hello there," she coos, tentatively extending a hand for the espeon to sniff if she wishes. "where'd you come from? you know, i have an espeon just like you!"

before she can dive into a one-sided conversation with the espeon to distract herself from her baking dilemma, the owner of the said espeon makes himself known, approaching with his hands shoved into his pockets. her attention turns toward him within seconds, a soft gasp escaping her before she rushes to return his smile with one of her own. "oh no," she chirps. "not at all! she's adorable and a welcome distraction!"

her manners momentarily slip from her mind as she glances back toward the espeon with a fond gaze. would lapis enjoy meeting this espeon? it might get slightly confusing to tell the two apart but... the thought of lapis playing with another espeon makes her heart soar. in her admiration of this man's espeon, she completely forgets his presence for a few seconds and flushes with embarrassment as her mind clicks back into the space around them. right, probably best to not ignore him and only stare at his pokemon. "i'm sorry," she murmurs before rising to her feet and flashing him a sheepish smile. "where are my manners? i'm illeana!" introductions are first... then, perhaps, she could maybe convince him to help her bake cupcakes for a good cause? oh god, how is she going to manage to ask that of a total stranger?

well, she supposes that she's about to find out...
@draze
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clementine [m]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 18:25:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

Iris's head leaned in just a tad, allowing herself a few sniffs of the woman's hand. Her ear twitched gently for a moment before allowing herself to lean in more, pressing her head against her palm. A test passed, with a faint grumble in her throat. One of the first times Draze has ever seen that happen; what had gotten into her? Maybe she just liked this girl. Something clicked that with others, not. Something to think about.[break][break]

"Well I'm glad she's not a bother. She's usually not." Pearl certainly was the troublemaker, the overly friendly type that feared no one and nothing. The only reason she wasn't out and about was that she was actually resting in her Pokeball for a change. Maybe her boundless spirit possessed Iris, who knows. At least Iris wasn't causing trouble.[break][break]

His smile grew, pulling out a hand out of his pocket for a shake. "Name's Draze, nice to meet ya Illeana." His gaze shifted back to his Espeon, who had risen to her feet, gently moving towards Illeana. "Everything alright? You were just sitting out here by yourself."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.viva]background-color:#f9f9f9;padding:9px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;width:480px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;line-height:12px!important;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivalyric]margin:-12px 0px;background-color:#d93636;color:#f9f9f9;font:bold 7px Raleway;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:right;padding:20px;padding-top:50px;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivaright]font:bold 8px Roboto;line-height:10px!important;text-align:right;padding:9px;background-color:#f9f9f9;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;letter-spacing:1px;margin:-2px -10px -7px -10px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.vivabot]padding:6px 2px;height:32px;width:40px;border:solid 1px #eeeeee;background-color:#f9f9f9;float:right;margin-left:10px;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clementine [m]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2020 21:22:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
her usual smile widens as the espeon seemingly gives her its approval, sniffing for a few moments before closing the distance between the extended hand and its head. the fur is soft, comforting, familiar, and she swears her heart soars a little. immediately, the woman begins to slowly wiggle her fingers, stroking gently at the psychic type's face. and then, she speaks, dragging her eyes up toward the man's face. "see? definitely not a bother!"

curiosity lingers in her mind and she pauses, taking the opportunity to glance back at the espeon. "i don't really believe any pokemon could truly be a bother," she murmurs. "especially if they're this friendly." it reminds her of lapis, of her own espeon happily trotting up to the nearest body for good pets. her umbreon, on the other hand, keeps his distance from most. hm, perhaps it's simply just an espeon thing! her eyes hone in on the gleaming red gem sitting comfortably in the center of the feline's forehead and understanding flashes across dark eyes for a moment before it falls away. the gem, the psychic ability it lends... it makes sense, now.

the woman shifts slightly, raising her free hand to meet his in a handshake. "it's a pleasure," she chirps. her hand lingers in his for a moment before retreating back to her side. he speaks, then, with a question rolling off his tongue and the smile she wears turns sheepish. ah, so he noticed her distress, hm? she's not exactly subtle about any of her emotions, really... her heart is constantly worn on her sleeve, constantly on display. "ah," she breathes, eyes drifting toward her feet. "well... you see, it's kind of embarrassing." as if rising to the occasion of making her point even more pronounced, her cheeks come to life with a pink hue. "i have a minor dilemma," her mind moves faster than her mouth and she backtracks over the sentence as quickly as it has left her mouth. "um, i mean i guess maybe not exactly a dilemma? i'm having trouble, i suppose?" as the espeon approaches her once more, she bends at the knees to give a nice scratch behind the psychic type's ears.

"i have to bake cupcakes for a bake sale and, um," she has begun fidgeting by now, refusing to meet his eye as if her admittance of defeat, of failure, will be more real from eye contact alone. "i'm an awful baker." there, she said it. it's out in the open in all its trivial glory. really, shouldn't be concerned with bigger things than ruining a few batches of cupcakes? ugh, but it's for a good cause... her eyes slowly begin to travel back to his own, a shy smile replacing the previously sheepish one. "you wouldn't happen to be good at it... would you?" it doesn't hurt to ask, right?
@draze
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clementine [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 14:13:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

The soft touches were welcome to the Espeon, tilting her head to give Illeana better access. The purring grew in intensity, her tail swaying lightly. It's in truth, not so much different from how she acts around him. Not the type to be aggressive, there was always a calm elegance to the Espeon that really, none of his other Pokemon had. He had initially was hesitant when he obtained her; they just didn't seem to go together. But as time passed and they got to know each other, Draze couldn't be more thankful for her inclusion.[break][break]

"She's not usually this friendly. To strangers, I guess I should say. She's a sweet gal but doesn't tend to like strangers much." he explained, a hand coming to scratch the back of his head, turning his attention to the lavender Pokemon. The sight of her made the corners of his lips tug into a smile as he turned back to Illeana. "Guess you're just kinda her type."[break][break]

His handshake is on the firmer side, making it quick as that hand slips to the side, listening to her plight. Baking? The poor girl couldn't even look at him as she admitted it. A deep sigh escaped Draze before he began to speak. "Okay so... I think I'm a pretty good cook. Baking ain't really my specialty..." His grilling? Incredible. He would gas himself on that, at the very least. He's baked a few times, mostly with his mother when he still lived with her. She had handled most of the measuring while he had done the mixing by hand. Best excuse to get the spoon at the end. "... But, I can throw my hat into the ring for ya. I don't got much better to do." His smile was sharp, nodding to the door. "Let's get those cupcakes done."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clementine [m]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 22:53:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
the sound of loud purring is comforting, calming. it brings a smile to her face instantly, as if it's the best thing she's ever heard. the espeon presses her head closer, tilting for more access with the slight steady swish of her tail. ugh, such an adorable creature. the man speaks as she idly pets the psychic type, her gaze drifting toward him while her fingers continue in a slow, lazy manner. "really?" there is a curious tone to her voice as she asks. "do you know why she doesn't like strangers?" it's different from lapis, practically the polar opposite. whereas this espeon, if she's assuming correctly, would do everything in her power to avoid strangers, lapis would brush against them with soft mewls for attention. curious. a light laugh escapes her at his next choice of words, smile growing in brightness. "aw, i'm so honored!" she glances toward his espeon, then, and her eyes soften. "you're such a sweetheart," she coos toward the feline.

the sigh he breathes out makes her heart begin to race slightly, the notion that she's bothering him with her insignificant problems rising instantly. oh god, is she annoying him? was it rude of her to even ask for his help? oh no. before she can apologize, however, he speaks and she thinks she understands what he's trying to say. "oh, is that so?" her tone is on the softer side, a little more reserved as she begins to ponder what she's going to do now. those cupcakes can't just bake themselves, right? this would be so much easier if they could! another apology sits on her tongue, ready to meet the open air, when he continues. relief washes over her not even halfway through his sentence.

"really? you mean it?" she all but chirps to him. he'll really help her? this is amazing! thank you, universe, for presenting the kindest person available! "thank you," she murmurs. "i really appreciate it!" perhaps she could even repay the favor, although it would definitely have to be something other than cooking... the last thing she wants is to poison him after he had been so helpful. with a bright smile, she gestures toward the open door. "let's do this!" and then, she begins to lead the way, a small hand waving for him to follow her.
@draze
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clementine [m]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 3:10:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
@illenana [break][break]

He's thought on the whys but never had a concrete answer. Only some conclusions he had that he'll probably never have full confirmation on. Not like Iris was going to tell him. "I just think she's, uh... how do I put this. A good sense of character? She's the one with the psychic powers, not me. So I guess she just knows things I don't." Draze would fully agree that this Pokemon was likely smarter then himself, even without her being a psychic. His smile was on the sheepish side, a bit crooked. "I trust her sense of judgement."[break][break]

Iris slowly rose up from her spot as the woman spouted her gratitude, almost glowing from all the affection she was showered in. Her mew was faint, a lithe paw lifted off of the ground as she waited for an opportunity to slip on in. As Illeana moved, so did she, letting herself in, nose going to work as she sniffed about the place. "Nah it's fine, no need to thank me."[break][break]

This should be relatively simple, right? It's just putting a certain number of ingredients together, mix them up and let them bake. With the two of them, they could surely accomplish that. Ideally. Two heads were better the one after all. His smile shifted into a grin as she lead him in, follow in after her. "We got this. We'll have cupcakes in no time."

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clementine [m]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 20:49:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
his explanation earns a hum of agreement from illeana, lips curling into a smile. it makes sense and brings a piece of information she had come across once to the forefront of her mind. "i had read somewhere once that espeon had originally developed their psychic abilities to protect their trainer from harm," she glances toward him. "in a way, it's her own special way of protecting you!" this doesn't, however, explain lapis and her overly friendly tendencies. perhaps it differs from espeon to espeon? who knows. either way, it's a lovely thought and she dwells on it for a few moments, eyes drifting back toward his espeon. "she's definitely trustworthy."

filled to the brim with a combination of relief and excitement, the dark haired woman practically bounces toward the door. his espeon has already beaten her there, however, and without a second thought, she swings the door open to allow the psychic type to venture in for a good sniff around. "no, it's super kind of you to even consider doing this! really," she chirps. "i appreciate it!" her smile grows in brightness as she leads the way in, his presence right on her heels. a giggle escapes her, then, and she glances back at him with a rosy tint to her cheeks. "sorry about the mess," she chuckles. "i was totally in panic mode when i first started." well, panic mode might be an understatement. she had managed to cover every inch of her kitchen with supplies and cookbooks, recipes pinned to the walls in an odd way. to her, it looks normal, following her thought process but to others? it looks like a disaster, a chaotic clutter with no rhyme or reason.

"we totally got this! ready to get to work?"

her house smells delicious by the time they're finally done, the sweet scent of dessert filtering throughout the entire structure. of course, her kitchen has gotten even more cluttered once they manage to finish baking. with a sigh, illeana brushes a stray strand of hair from her face, slightly grimacing at the flour that clings to the ends of her hair. she's almost afraid to look in a mirror now... if her hair is that bad, she can only imagine how much flour she managed to get on her face. glancing toward draze, she flashes him a grateful smile. "i'd say this was a successful baking session!" laughter escapes her, then, while an idle hand rises in an attempt to rub at any powder on her cheeks. instead, her fingers only make matters worse, smearing more across her skin.
@draze
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clementine [m]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2020 15:11:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

[break][break]

[break]
[break][break]

He's heard of that too, and while that's not directly the case with Iris (she was already an Espeon by the time he got her) it was still a nice thought. She's certainly the protective type, that Espeon. It was something he had come to appreciate, the more time he spent with her. Hard to imagine him without her now; funny how those things worked huh? His hand reached down, giving her a faint scratch behind the ears. "I'm glad to have her."[break][break]

Iris took the lead, sniffing out the place with a quick glance back at them every so often to check if they were still behind her. "Hey, like I said, I ain't doing anything important. I couldn't just leave you out there." Besides, Illeana was a nice gal, and Draze was taught right. Mostly. His mother always told him to try to help out, if he could. Be a good person and all that. He wasn't the best person around, he knew that, but at least he could say he wasn't the worst.[break][break]

Draze expected a mess, but this was... oh this was something. Why did she have so many recipes? Wouldn't all of these call for different amounts of ingredients and cooking times... okay, he could certainly begin to see where the problem was. No wonder she was having such a rough time. He took a deep breath, steeling himself for this. He grabbed one of the recipes off of the wall, reading it over. "Let's do this shit."[break][break]

It got a bit hectic, but in the end, they prevailed. Draze brushed his hands of flour, nose twitching at the sight of some on his jacket. Least he was wearing leather, and it came off easily. When Illeana flashed him a smile, he returned it, before grabbing one of the several cupcakes they had created and offered it. He had made sure they had an extra batch, just in case something had gone wrong. He took one for himself, lifting it up for a toast. "I think we earned ourselves a treat, don't you think?" he laughed, before biting into it. Delicious.

[break]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

[attr="class","vivabot"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES