two feathers [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 3:52:13 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

She waited for the sun wax past noon—for when shadows draped long across the streets like streaks, painting contrast that sliced through the monotonous gray of the concrete.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper relished the security that came from her feet planted to the ground, ingrained as she followed the motions to the Slateport Gym, where her path was zigzagged by towering structures rebuilt from Rocket's destruction. It was time for a Gym Battle, and the Elite Four Member almost felt becalmed as she stepped through the parting glass doors.[break][break]

That would change. Battle beat like a war-drum that her heart could not resit.[break][break]

The front desk was her destination. Taking one last sip of her black coffee, she'd give it a toss to the nearest trashcan, pleased when her shot sunk.[break][break]

“Hey, I'm Cooper. I got an appointment... uh, wanna see my trainer card or something?”[break][break]

The plastic piece of identification would be slid across the counter—the picture of Bailey was dated, and but the scowl remained the same. She mimicked the dour expression just to convey authenticity.[break][break]

“I wanna do that flight challenge.”

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
two feathers [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2020 6:50:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Cooper?" Just the sound of her name seems familiar. And not just because she's seen it recently when filing in today's schedules. Something about that name seems like she had heard it numerous times before and the receptionist is left in reflective thought when she answers Bailey with a courteous smile.

The receptionist takes a look at her ID and starts to bring up her screen only to realize who the challenger truly is. "You're Bailey Cooper?! The Elite Four member? Mr. Silph's said a lot about you!" There's more than just shell shock in her voice — there's a strong admiration that comes from glamorized stories of exploits and hardships. It doesn't hurt that Fernando personally uses Bailey as an example of a blue collar worker heralded as a pinnacle of trainer stardom.

"U-uh, yes! Sure thing! It looks like everything's set if you're ready. Go straight down the hall and you'll come to a standard arena. There's another door if you head straight forward. Keep going and you'll come across a flight of stairs that'll take you to your arena." The receptionist nods before fidgeting. "Good luck with your challenge, Miss Cooper. D-do you mind if I get your autograph? Your my favorite Elite Four member."

The flight of stairs will take her to a second story balcony that oversees the standard training arena below. Fernando's already waiting for her, sitting in a chair on the opposite end. He polishes several Pokeballs, one by one, waiting for his special challenger.

The exposed rooftop puts some distance between them and the ground below. The implication is that Pokemon will be summoned straight into the open, and thus grounded Pokemon will be left to plummet down below.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
two feathers [gym]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 21:15:41 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

She was someone's favorite?[break][break]

Bailey Cooper blinked at the secretary's request, taken aback by the woman's enthusiasm. It was a harmless request, and she had to swallow her surprise. “Yeah, sure,” and she would pat down her person. “But, uh, I ain't got a pen...”[break][break]

The secretary passed a sharpie, and the Elite Four member pinched it between her fingers. “Aight, where do you want it?”[break][break]

The woman unbuttoned her shirt.[break][break]

“...Woah,” and Bailey quickly scribbled her signature, trying to not take in an eyeful. “I really am your favorite. Keep on... uh, fuck, keep on being you, alright?”[break][break]

Those were the only words of encouragement she could muster. [break][break]

Embarrassed, Bailey would return the sharpie and hoof it in the direction of the stairs. Somehow, despite the simplicity of the secretary's explanation, there was a moment where the Elite Four member was almost lost.[break][break]

But, when the stairs came into view, she would take to their steps and recall a time when she had been so shitfaced that stairs had seemed like a nightmare. Fernando would be able to recall that experience, unless his mind had been just as fogged by the liquor they had been consumed.[break][break]

That night of celebration seemed like it had happened years ago.[break][break]

“Yo,” was her greeting as she passed through the doors, entering the arena with a confidence that came from years of experience. While she did not posses the same number of badges as , she did not lack the sense of familiarity that came from standing across from a gym leader.[break][break]

As he polished his capsules, she snapped two from her belt; one for each hand. They fit snugly.[break][break]

Wind whistled through the exposed rooftop, and it was with that calling that she chucked her two capsules: Mandibuzz and Flygon manifested with a show of red light.[break][break]

“Hope you know that I'm not leaving empty handed,” and there was a pause. “Even if this flying stuff ain't what I'm used to.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
two feathers [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 23:33:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Cooper."

His acknowledgement comes in a sharp, immediate response, as if he's been waiting for an eternity to tangle with Hoenn's most dangerous woman. Her choice in Pokemon are a bit surprising but he has a gist of what she's aiming for. Maybe he's wrong — to no surprise — but his insight on Bailey Cooper's battle style is as conclusive as what happened during her promotion celebration.

Fernando activates the Pokeball he was polishing, releasing his Noctowl into the air. He knows which one he wants to pair it with places the other one down, reaching for his specific choice. "The badge is yours. There's no question an Elite Four has the qualifications to bear my badge." With a smile, he latches onto the correct ball, opening it to reveal the Gliscor inside. Despite the Pokemon's association with gliding, it finds no issue with remaining airborne.

"But where else will I get the chance to battle Bailey Cooper? I don't suppose you'll count this as my Elite Four challenge as well, huh, Cooper?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
two feathers [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2020 21:50:29 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Bailey smiled, letting her lips part to show the white of her teeth. An E4 challenge? On his home turf?[break][break]

“Fuck off,” she said with a light dismissal, rolling her shoulder in its joint just to loosen the muscle. “I want my first challenge to be in Evergrande, smack dab in the middle of that arena that they have all nice and pretty for me.”[break][break]

Her eyes scan the stretching emptiness of their arena. No floor, so her pokemon beat their wings to remain suspended. His own pokemon diametrically opposed to her own.[break][break]

She had a Gliscor of her own—she knew what they were about.[break][break]

When her pokemon glance over their shoulders, they'd catch the swirl of her finger. “You two know the drill,” and that was their signal to begin.[break][break]

Flatter initiated the combat; Mandibuzz fluttering its eyelashes in a coy manner directed to the Noctowl. Something to boost the owl's morale while intending to cause equal confusion.[break][break]

“Switch the glider out, Buzz,” because there were enough ground-types involved in this fight.[break][break]

The dragonfly pokemon would buzz its wings to life, pulling forward as it would aim to close the distance between itself and the floating gliscor. Then, with a twirl, the flygon would swing with the full strength of its tail as it deployed dragon tail.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
two feathers [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 3:31:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"First?"

Fernando keeps tabs on a lot of subjects. However, he's still one person. He can't keep up with everything. In regards to the Elite Four challenges, he trusts its members to carry out their duties with due diligence. Having any single one of them suffer a defeat is considered an impossibility. There's not a trainer he'd be willing to bet money on that can handle any of the four. Not unless there's an unknown talent who's swept through the Gyms in a blink of an eye. However, he's expected at least one challenge coming her way.

"Am I going to be your first challenger? Beat me here and we'll set a date."

There's an unquestionable assumption that Bailey will prevail here. Yet, he still has the means to joke about her chances, implying that she won't. Anything to fuel the fire in a play of friendly competition.

"Battle routine set."

And it's not like he won't try his hardest either. This style of battle isn't his specialty but it's one of the few chances he has to cross swords with Hoenn's best and not so bright.

"Execute."

Her FLATTERY leaves the Noctowl haughty in a fit of confidence. Drunk on it's own pride, it stares back with an equally intoxicating HYPNOSIS, psychic waves radiating from both the Pokemon's crown and optics.

As for his Gliscor, it approaches in a straight-forward glide. When they come close, in a show of ACROBATICS, the Pokemon bends downwards, taking an draft to push itself over the Flygon and it's attack in a smooth loop. On it's descent at the end of the loop, it looks to tackle the Flygon and bite into it with a frosty ICE FANG.