snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
savior [m]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2020 22:14:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
the woman is uncharacteristically quiet today. her mind is a jumble of thoughts, each one providing to be worse than the last. she wants nothing more than to go home and crawl into her bed. the comfort of fuzzy blankets and fluffy pillows is something she's desperately in need of but... she made a promise to clear a cave-in in the rusturf tunnel and even if she's not herself, she can't deny the request for help. besides, it's a distraction, right?

and so, she finds herself perched on the shoulder of her shiny golurk, the automaton rumbling beneath her. deus stays quiet for the most part, an occasional grunt escaping the behemoth every so often. it's kind, she supposes. it understands her to an extent and recognizes her need for company even if she doesn't recognize it herself.

with a sigh, illeana raises a bandaged arm to push a few stray strands of hair from her eyes. "let's go," she murmurs, voice low and distant. "people need our help." she doesn't add anything else, instead falling silent once more. last time she tried to help... it ended in loss. will this end the same? beneath her, the golurk grunts in understanding and its legs move a little quicker. together, the duo enter the darkness of the cave and without a word, she begins to assess the damage. from the report she had received, no one had been injured. or, well, that they know of anyway... part of her prays they won't find a body at the bottom of this rock pile but the other part, the newly cynical part, wouldn't expect much less than that gruesome idea.

"ready?" she glances down at deus. "i think we have a partner but... i doubt they'll mind if we start without them?" should she wait? if there is someone beneath this disaster, time might be key.
flammaenixlapisaliummaredeus
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
savior [m]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2020 1:20:55 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Snake eyes scanned the tunnels that Kaida found herself being carried through at a far faster pace than expected. Jotun, the water gator, had apparently decided her human legs were moving too slowly and wrapped an arm around her, carrying on at his breakneck pace. Ormr, the little Ekans kept an eye behind them for any threats, though most enemies would falter at their rear guard. The heavily scarred Krookodile, Munin as Kaida had tried calling her, meandered behind them, eyes dull as her head hung. Kaida only hoped some activity would raise the gator's spirits, or at the very least tolerate being near humans. [break][break]

Nonetheless, Jotun arrived with a roar, dramatically holding Kaida up like some kind of prize before comically setting her down gently. "Don't waste your energy, Jotun, you almost crushed Ormr when you grabbed me!" She scolded with a frown, moving to pat the Ekans sitting on her shoulders as Jotun huffed and crossed his arms. Munin was arriving, sticking far in the back and staring at something. A human and golem. [break][break]

"Ah!" Kaida's face betrayed surprise, she would have thought she would arrive first on her Pokemon, "I see you're here...anybody under? Ormr here can check the rocks for blood or flesh." A morbid thought, but a snake's sense of smell could definitely help. "...I'm Kaida." She remembered to introduce herself, "I'm your partner today."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Kaida arrives!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
savior [m]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 0:35:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
illeana shifts on her perch, the golem beneath her rumbling low in warning. newcomers. despite expecting a partner, her body still trembles at the warning of her golurk. not a foe not a foe not a foe. ah, but that had been the same kind of thinking that got her into trouble last time. her wrapped wounds feel like fire beneath the dirt tinged bandages and she squirms atop the shoulder of deus. the golurk picks up on her uncomfortable feeling and a hand rises to secure her against its shoulder, gently supporting her back as she moves.

"yes," comes tumbling from her mouth in a sigh. her eyes soften upon seeing the group of pokemon this woman has with her. they're cute, each one with distinctive personalities. reminds her of her own... her mouth opens again before she can stop it, if only to distract her thoughts from going any further. "you're my partner for this, correct?" her tone is slightly suspicious but one can never be too sure anymore. her nose scrunches at the mention of blood and flesh, a wave of nausea instantly rising from just the words alone. brief flashes of her own blood fly through her mind and it feels smaller in this cave now, more suffocating. with a shaky hand rising to pinch the bridge of her nose, illeana closes her eyes and meekly shakes her head. "not -- not that i know of," she murmurs. "it might be a good idea to check anyway..." if there is anyone stuck under there... they need to know.

her eyes flutter open at the introduction and from her perch atop her shiny golurk, the woman looks small. normally, she'd offer a hand for a shake but it's best for her to keep her distance. she'll understand, right? "i'm illeana," she replies with a small smile and a little wave. "it's nice to meet you. well, i wish it were under better circumstances, really." disasters aren't exactly the best meeting ground, after all. "would you like to take the lead on this?" she inquires with a quirk of an eyebrow. illeana's not a leader, never has been and probably never will be. it's simply easier and probably better for all parties involved if kaida takes control of the situation but... it's always polite to ask.
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
savior [m]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 4:06:43 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida was one that didn't miss much facts around her, and what might be mistaken as a simple unease in the air, she picked up on. Why was there a faint scent of blood in the air? Was her partner injured? That couldn't do. She did such stunts but...those were different. Jotun was too excited to notice, but Ormr quietly stared upwards, confirming her suspicions. "Yes...I am to help you...do not worry, are you ok?" She asked like an afterthought, giving enough room for the other woman to shut that topic of conversation down. Heavens knew she was never good at speaking with her friends, she really didn't feel like being told of "atmosphere" or "manners" today of all days. She was tired. [break][break]

Taking the lead appeared to be a strange concept for the woman, who rarely found herself asked to be a leader, but she nodded fiercely, "I don't mind, keep near me, and I'll take care of this. Ormr." Her calm Ekans unraveled into her arms and peered up at her, face in moving but she knew to interpret it as interest. "Please check the cracks for humans, bodies, or otherwise...if you get frightened by the rocks, come up here. Got it?" [break][break]

Ormr rattled his tail enthusiastically, rubbing the top of his head before he whirled around and slithered down a hole large enough for him. "He's very skilled." Kaida reassured her partner, smiling fondly, "He'll tell me if there's anything interesting down there." With that, she suddenly turned around and slumped against the rocks, sighing deeply. "Maybe I should just be carried everywhere, like you and your partner." Her complaint towards herself came out nearly unheeding of her brain, tumbling out in a river, "Tired so quickly these days..." [break][break]

Jotun waddled over to the great golem, wide-eyed at something even larger than he...and sat happily, letting out a strange hiss in its direction, the only way for the crocodillian to properly show his excitement. "Jotun likes your partner...I've never seen something like it." She looked up, knowing it would take a moment for Ormr to return, "Illeana? What your partner's name, I don't want to be leader, and not know who's working with me."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Talking~

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
savior [m]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 2:44:23 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
the sense of ease lasts for a moment. from the second kaida says she's here to help, illeana can feel relief wash over her in waves. it's cut short by the next question and her heart leaps into her throat. it's an innocent question, really. are you okay? and yet, it weighs so heavily on her mind she stays silent for a few moments. does she answer honestly? does she drag the skeletons from the closet and hang them out for the world to see? her bandages feel tighter now, restricting, suffocating. beneath her, deus rumbles softly as if it's a sound of encouragement and it grounds her. the rumble brings her back to this moment, this question, this choice, and she opts for the easy way out instead of pent up negative emotions spewing from her mouth. and so, with the flash of a fake smile, she lays the question to rest. "yes, i'm fine." her tone leaves no room for questions, clipped and unnatural for the woman. "i'm glad you're here to help!" the woman tries to force a happier sound to her voice and it sounds convincing enough... right?

kaida confirms her willingness to take the lead and illeana falls silent, offering nothing more than a nod of affirmation. less physical activity is good. doctor's orders... it's why she's sitting atop her golurk like a princess. besides, it's painful to walk, wounds easing themselves back open with the smallest of actions. god, it's infuriating if she's being honest. she knew she was weak but she hadn't known she was so... fragile. the woman speaks again, this time toward her violet snake, and illie finds herself honing in on the orders. do snakes get scared of rocks? it's understandable she supposes. besides, anyone would be scared in such a situation like a cave-in. humans, pokemon, they all bleed the same and yet she hadn't known pokemon to be so mortal before. they always seemed so invincible but everything ends in ruins eventually.

once the ekans disappeared into a crack in the rocks, her partner turns toward her with words already dripping from her lips. despite the overwhelming urge to exist in silence, in contemplation, she finds herself answering with idle conversation instead. "you trained him well," she comments, dark eyes settling on the fond expression with ease. it's a familiar one to her, this fondness. she mirrors it with her own pokemon. perhaps that's what brings the ghost of a smile rising to her features. "in fact, all of your pokemon seem to be happy and cared for. that's good. it's -- it's not always something you see." she knows she's rambling, allowing idle thoughts to rise to the surface without restraining them. and yet, she can't bring herself to care at this point. her word vomit habit seems so trivial, so insignificant, compared to everything else. kaida cuts through her thoughts again, remarking on her current perch and deus rumbles again. the sound is happier this time, like a low chirp of contentment. it's cute and the ghost of a smile morphs into a real one, small and fond and the first one that hasn't felt like it's destroying her. "it's not all it's cracked up to be," she murmurs, ignoring the slight grunt of protest that resonates beneath her. "you get restless after a while of not moving." her legs want to move, want to stretch out, but it's difficult and painful and she isn't ready to handle the searing feeling yet. she'll be carried like a royal until further notice, perhaps... "you should rest more... taking care of yourself should be a priority." it sounds ridiculous for her to even murmur those words because really, when was the last time she had put herself first?

the golurk eyes her aquatic gator with interest as he waddles up to the golem. it's a cute sight to see, even cuter when the gator happily plops down beside deus with an excited hiss. the automaton rumbles in response, a higher pitched sound akin to a whirring chirp. it extends its idle hand toward jotun as if it wants to pet the gator much like one would a dog. she's not surprised to see deus in such a way. despite its imposing stature and eerie appearance, the shiny golurk is a large toddler. "i believe it likes your partner right back," she murmurs, sounding fond of the display before them. "it's a golurk, although the coloring is different than any i've had the opportunity to see."

kaida looks up toward her, then, and she stiffens slightly at the sound of her name. the question that follows, however, is innocent and curious and she nods. it makes sense... she would want to know every name too if she ever had to be in such a position. "deus," she offers, eyes settling onto kaida's face for a moment before they flutter away to inspect the damp walls of the cave. "it's latin for god, deity, spirit." it had taken her a little time to settle on the name, really, but once she had... it just seemed fitting of the automaton. her eyes eventually drift back toward kaida after a brief silence overtakes her. "may i ask the names of your partners?"
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
savior [m]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2020 17:41:05 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida wanted to appreciate the praise towards her Pokemon, but she couldn't, not for Munin. Even still, the Krookodile refused to stay within the group...she had to be better off now, but she wasn't the same. "Thank you." She still answered, pulling her lips up till it looked like a smile. [break][break]

She should rest more, Kaida considered glumly. She couldn't tell others to rest when she didn't do the same and she hung her head slightly, "You're right. But things happen, and I would be mad if I didn't do anything." It wasn't like the decision to help in a mission or not, it was a question of anyone did the mission. A weak excuse, she knew. [break][break]

Jotun was a thankfully distracting, and sweet scene. He leaned forward eagerly, even more puppy-like as he waited for the Golurk's touch. They'd be friends the moment they touched! The golem's name was Deus, a fine, strong name, and Kaida started explaining her own. "Ormr means "snake", for my Ekans." She sniffs out a laugh, "I must have been really little when I named him, I think I thought he was the only snake at first." She pointed at Jotun, "His, Jotun, means "giant". Heh, even when he was little, he was big." Finally, the Krookodile sitting by the wall, "And she's Munin. "Thought". She's quiet, but she must be thinking plenty. I wanted to name her something kind." She smiled, eyes gleaming, "I have to name them good things, so that they're strong, cause they're my family."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Talking~

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
savior [m]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2020 3:30:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
kaida returns her praise with a simple thank you and a smile. ah, but she should have noticed the way the words sound different, the way the smile is tugged into place. she doesn't in the way she used to, distracted and hollow, empty, a shell. she is different now, just as the woman's smile, and perhaps just as she doesn't notice the change in smile, no one would notice the change in her.

and then, the conversation shifts and illeana finds herself nodding solemnly in agreement. it seems a shared sentiment between the two women connects them, more than just this shared mission. similar ideals, similar feelings. she, too, would have felt guilty if she didn't take on this task and the dark haired woman understands the notion well. she had the same feeling in her gut, uncomfortable and unable to be ignored. if they didn't come, didn't help, what would have happened? it chills her to think about, the weight of another tragedy unbearable for the scientist. she's had enough recently, too much for one to shoulder. perhaps that is why she speaks softly, almost regrettably. "i understand," she says after a moment and her eyes drift toward the rubble, toward the remnants of the cavern's ceiling. "i had the same thought. it's -- it's something we can't ignore, i suppose." and then, she adds, voice nothing more than a whisper. "it makes me nauseous to think of the consequences of not assisting such a tragedy." any more and perhaps she would break. for now, however, she holds on despite the bandages, the wounds, the damage. is it survival or torture to endure? as the days pass, it feels more like hell than relief.

deus rumbles beneath her, stone body creaking as it gingerly touches the water type's head. a pet, a pat, a loving stroke. it's almost funny, in a way... she hadn't expected the automaton to be so adorable when she first encountered it. appearances can be deceiving, right? deus is no different in the end. a large behemoth with a heart of gold. while her golurk begins to let out happy, almost excited, noises, the woman on his shoulder lets out a soft laugh. "that's a nice name," she murmurs. it's fitting for the ekans, even if it's quite literal. besides, it sounds nice when coming from kaida's mouth. "did you end up realizing there are others out there after naming him?" perhaps she hasn't seen each snake the world has to offer... illeana knows there's a few but by now, there has to be more. before her mind can run with this information, however, kaida continues explaining the rest of the names for her pokemon and the scientist follows each word. and then, she's offering a genuine smile and it feels like it's been a while since once has graced her lips. "they're lovely names," she says and really, each one was picked with love and care for the pokemon being named. it's a lovely thing, one that makes her feel the beginnings of fondness. the bond between others and their pokemon has always been something she's found incredible but this woman has pure intentions, she can just feel it in her bones.

the mention of family stirs something in illeana and she falls silent for a moment. the gears in her mind begin churning, producing memory after memory. some of her actual family, ones she doesn't want to remember, and others of her pokemon. they are family now. protected, cherished, loved. and yet, it brings about a crushing realization and she scrambles to provide words for the woman, if only to distract herself, distract her mind from spiraling any further. "they're strong," she echoes and her eyes don't lift up toward the woman. instead, they drift toward where deus is still happily petting jotun. "because they're your family, they're strong." she doesn't say anything further, retreating into her thoughts as silence creeps in around them. deus' content rumbles puncture the quiet every now and then and idly, she begins to raise a bandaged arm to lightly pat the automaton's head.
sorry for the wait ;u;
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
savior [m]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2020 17:46:29 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Her new partner understood the idea to keep working, if only to make sure the task was done, and a noticeable relaxing came over Kaida. It was wrong though, and she tried to call off the feeling. Nothing to be proud off, she knew. It might just end with them collapsed trying to help. Still, a nagging thought hovered in her mind. It might not. [break][break]

She chuckled as Ormr's name came up, nodding softly, "Yes, I figured it out when we were all traveling together. All types were with me, only he is called "snake", though." It might as well have been a special name for him, if anything else. They were all special, but Ormr was her partner, such a simple name was good for him. Jotun's tail thumped in sheer glee as Kaida smiled, not a tooth showing but happiness clear on her face, "Thank you, Deus is very good too!" [break][break]

Kaida didn't much know how to read what emotion was on another person's face, but she did notice a drop in mood all of the sudden, her own emotions falling off her face in reply. Oh, something went wrong. She didn't think she said something insensitive, did she? "A-ah...yes, they are strong..." Confusion swam over her face as she responded to the kind words, mixed with some sort of low mood. Something was happening here, but Kaida was ill-equipped to deal with it. [break][break]

As if to save her from a decision, Ormr's head peeked back over the rocks, at a slightly higher hole, but he made it back. Extending her arms, Kaida welcomed the Ekans back, allowing him to settle before asking the crucial questions, "Did you smell blood down there." A nod. Just great. "Did you see any bodies though...or smell rot?" A shake of the head, ending in a rattle of his tail. So they might have a Pokemon or person injured, or the rock slide was clear in entirety, and something just happened to get cut on the rocks as it ran. "We're going to need to be careful." She raised her head to her partner, "We could be good, or there could be someone injured under there. Are you ok...er, are you going to be ok doing this?" The mood hung on her head like a cloth, just as invisible as the brief moment of blood she noticed when she met the woman.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Talking~ And stuff happens!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
savior [m]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2020 18:36:41 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
a chuckle of her own rises to join kaida's, the two mingling together in the air with an almost comfortable atmosphere. it lulls illeana into a false sense of safety, one that she wants to exist in for a little while longer before going back to their assigned task. perhaps that's why the small bout of laughter comes so easily, comes without being coerced from her throat. a small change is still a change in the end and maybe this is the first step toward recovery she had been waiting for. perhaps her healing will start in this cave, with this woman, with this conversation.

"were you disappointed to find out?" she genuinely curious now, gaze drifting down toward kaida with piqued interest. "or was it kind of exciting to know that there's more snakes out there for you to find?" for her, she would probably be more excited than anything. the feeling of finding new creatures, studying them, understanding them... there's nothing quite like it. she is, however, different from majority of the masses. science fuels her instead of the desire to be stronger and maybe that's where she went wrong in the end but she likes to think it's what makes her stand out. another false sense of safety in that regard but it seems that humans tend to settle with what's comfortable, what feels like home and science had always felt like home for her. even if it was instilled in her mind with violent hands and harsh tones, it still held something special within it, something she needed to feel whole.

deus rumbles at the thumping of jotun's tail against the dirt, amused and all too happy to watch the water type with the awe of a child. there's a kinship between the two behemoths, one that perhaps both trainers couldn't even begin to understand. that doesn't stop her from gazing upon the sight fondly, from almost feeling thankful that deus has found a friend. the automaton is one of her babies, after all... she wants to give it the world if she could and this friendship that's budding between the two pokemon feels like the start of the world. "thank you," she murmurs. the skin of her cheeks radiates slightly with a rosy flush beneath the compliment but she accepts it all the same. "names can be such a funny thing sometimes but don't we owe it to them to pick ones that suit them?" the statement comes out hushed, as if meant for just her and her alone, yet she understands that the quiet of the cave lends itself to the quiet tone she uses. if kaida hears her, it won't bother her. they share similar sentiments in the art of naming, after all, and an understanding of one another guided by shared feelings could make this next part easier on the both of them.

her eyes retreat from kaida as she takes in the beginnings of confusion settling onto the woman's face. perhaps she said too much, let too much emotion drip onto her words. it's easy to do. as simple as breathing, really,. she doesn't know how to hold it back. her heart, her mind, her soul bleed themselves onto her body and it's difficult to ignore the bright bloody stains they leave. if the bandages on her body couldn't cover them, how could she? and so, she stays silent, the fingers of one hand beginning to draw lazy patterns against the rough exterior of deus' head. if she speaks now, she'll say too much and too much of anything, of everything she feels, is too much.

distraction comes for the two women in the form of kaida's precious snake returning, poking out from between the cracks in the rubble. her partner welcomes the ekans back onto her shoulders and once the purple creature is settled, begins to question what it saw. illeana keeps her eyes focused on deus' petting jotun, her ears keen on the conversation despite her reluctance to add her own words. her attention lingers on one word in particular and she swears she could feel her heart propel itself into her throat. blood. the snake smelled blood. oh god. nausea churns at her stomach in waves, difficult to quell, difficult to ignore. somehow she manages to hold it at bay if only barely, the embarrassment of getting sick in front of a stranger a little stronger than the urge to empty her stomach. her mind does little to help ease the feeling. in fact, it almost makes it worse in a way. her thoughts begin to latch onto the idea that there's something crushed beneath those rocks, something or someone that produced the blood ormr smelled, and she can't get the notion out of her head now. it's too deep in the soil, with invasive roots that overpower everything else until it's spreading and spreading and it's the only thing there.

a sharp inhale is taken through her nose and she spares a glance toward Kaida just as the attention shifts away from the snake at her shoulders to herself. everything she says feels like it falls away into white noise around the question she asks. are you okay? are you going to be okay doing this? is it acceptable to say no? will she be weaker, more pathetic, for speaking honestly? possibly. probably. definitely.

and so, the dark haired woman tries to steel her nerves, steel the muscles lining her stomach, and offers words of affirmation. they taste like bile in her mouth, disgusting and foul, as if the lies are adding fuel to the fire. "yes," she gets out, teeth slightly gritting against one another. she tries in vain to relax enough to sound more believable but it's a foolish endeavor. the words sound tense despite her efforts and she's avoiding her partner's gaze as if that will make her dishonesty any easier. "i'll be fine. how would you like to proceed?"
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
savior [m]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2020 22:28:49 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"I was happier when I saw there was many different other snakes...a team can't exactly be just Ekans, we'd be wiped out fast." Simply pragmatic, Kaida remembered the odd ensemble she had arrived into Slateport with. She remembered Ormr from the start, but the team had apparently been put together quickly. She didn't question it, just thanked her luck. [break][break]

Her partner spoke with a choked tone, the words positive, and yet still...Lies. [break][break]

Kaida turned her head away, face hidden as she pushed away her thoughts with a shifting expression, agitation gracing her features before she managed to settle. She was wrong. That was just it. Who would lie about this, and when was she ever able to read a room? On her shoulders, the long Ekans could only watch in despair as cruel sadness and confusion washed over him, emotions that Kaida tended to hide, and thus it nearly overwhelmed him. Lucky Jotun, he couldn't notice, he was just too little. [break][break]

The task. They just needed to get through, ascertain that if there was anything down there, it was ok, and it would be fine. "I'd like to move the heavy rubble first...could Deus help? Jotun! We have to lift this!" Her crocodillian companion was finally wrenched back into the reality of the job, tilting his head before grinning a toothy smile and flexing, a red glow streaming across the lines of his skin. Superpower. The perfect move for this job, though he wouldn't be able to make it last long. They only needed to get past the initial boulders and packed rocks though. [break][break]

He lumbered forward, claws shooting back and forth as he moved to dig through the first part.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: To dig!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
savior [m]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2020 22:10:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]somehow, the mental image of a team full of ekans is enough to elicit a soft giggle from her throat. so many snakes, so much purple. quite the amusing sight and it keeps her occupied for a moment, entertainment briefly rising and then falling away. "i suppose so," she offers and with a roll of her shoulders, she continues. "are you going to add more snakes to your team, then?" it's an assumption she probably has no footing in but she's making it all the same. a deduction made from the understanding that kaida had been excited, delighted even, to find that there are more snakes out in the world than she originally knew of. wouldn't she want to seek them out to confirm with her own eyes? illeana would but she has the pursuit of knowledge constantly coursing through her veins, an unbridled curiosity being her only motivator. more often than not, she has to remind herself that others don't share her interests, don't share that same thirst.

the shift in her partner goes unnoticed, a slight of hand too quick for the woman to catch. instead, she sees a turn of the head, a flutter of hair settling at kaida's neck and she doesn't understand that she's been caught in her lie. the realization doesn't settle as it should. no, she lingers in the notion that she managed to be believable and for a time, she'll be safe in that false certainty that she doesn't have to explain anything. kaida doesn't bring it up and neither does she and eventually, it fades into a slight awkwardness.

atop deus' shoulder, illeana fidgets slightly, hands rising to pick at bandages and then falling away when the fabric irritates slow healing wounds. should she say something? should they do anything? the silence feels suffocating in a way that leaves her unsettled. it pricks at her skin, leaving the nerves crawling until it's unbearable. and then, just as her lips part to usher out words, kaida breaks the silence with their next course of action and she's grateful. "yeah," she murmurs and her hands are happy to pat at deus' shoulder instead of undoing and redoing bandages. the automaton rumbles in response, a large hand rising to scoop her off its shoulder. her feet touch the ground and the shock is mild but it still manages to cause mild aggravation to her injuries. "deus can help with whatever you need." there's a ghost of a smile lingering at her lips.

glancing toward the discolored golurk, she offers nothing more than a nod. it's all too happy to help out, to lift and move things with its new friend. while deus steps toward jotun and shuffle rocks out of the way of jotun's path, illeana turns her attention back toward kaida with an almost sheepish expression. "i'm afraid if deus used a move, it might end up making the situation worse. if you'd like, though, deus could use hammer arm or dynamic punch to break some of the rocks?" too much power behind it, however, and they could get caught in another rock slide... perhaps it's better to stick to lifting for now.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
savior [m]
POSTED ON May 1, 2020 23:52:29 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"If I can find more snakes, they can join our family...others too, like these two. I don't really look for them, they come to me, so I have to take care of then if I have them." She nodded respectively at Jotun and Munin, two that clearly didn't match up with her first Pokemon. Her preference for the cold-blooded was likely obvious, she noted in the recess of her mind, but it wasn't like the preference was set in stone. She certainly wouldn't mind a Houndoom or Rockruff, they were naturally loyal... [break][break]

Silence usually didn't bother her, it meant there was nothing currently happening. She wasn't dim, though. She couldn't track whatever emotions were in the air, but she did know there was energy in the air, much like an injured Pokemon's. She watched Deus and Jotun work with an stern air, Illeana in the corner of her eyes. "We can risk a little more time, just have him lift." Jotun started to falter as Superpower wore off, huffing and puffing as he attempted to match Deus rock by rock. If they reached a dirt packing or a Pokemon attacked, well, that was what Munin was here for.[break] [break]

Kaida bit on the inside of her cheek, invisibly agitated. Like a hurt Pokemon. But she was wrong. She was typically wrong about people, why was this going to be any different? Most humans didn't like to stay quiet like this though, they usually got very angry, or very sad if it was nothing. They didn't clam up, hide wounds like an old Purloin. That usually meant a Pokemon was severely injured. Like a Pokemon. Fine then, it wasn't like she expected to meet this woman again. She only hoped there wasn't a change in her tone, as she started to speak, the same way she spoke to her Pokemon. [break][break]

"Illeana...if there is someone gone down there, I've seen them plenty, it never gets happier, the pointless blood." Her face pulled down into a frown, truthful as if the skin pulled down without her consent, "So if there is something there," She hardened her tone, suddenly stern as she made clear there would be no argument. If she were like a Pokemon, then Kaida wouldnt tolerate family getting itself hurt over pride or determination. No point. "Leave it to those that know this well. We'll take care of it."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
savior [m]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 1:48:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]"i see," she murmurs, gaze sweeping away from kaida and toward the pokemon in her family. each one shares mild similarities that knit them together. coldblooded and scaled. is it a preference or simply coincidence? she thinks of her own little family, mostly made of canines and felines, and it makes sense in a way. sometimes preference shows itself subconsciously and sometimes, it's simply nothing more than a series of events leading one down a path set in happenstance. "they're lucky to have someone who takes such good care of them." it's a soft, albeit genuine, comment and she says nothing further, allowing a matching smile to rise instead.

the air around them thickens with something illeana doesn't quite understand. it feels tense in a way it shouldn't and perhaps that's the first inkling of her lie being uncovered. she's uneasy, drawing into herself with bandaged arms beginning to coil around her torso. "okay," she sighs and deus glances toward its trainer with a mild curiosity. the golurk can feel the energy she's radiating, as clear as kaida can, but returns to the endeavor at hand. her automaton is quick to shuffle rocks out of the way alongside jotun, a friendly competition of rock lifting sparking a fire in them.

silence breaks apart once more as kaida speaks and the scientist is glancing her way. her emotions rise and shuffle across her face in moments. surprise, pain, understanding, sorrow. lips settle into a matching frown, almost mirroring the expression her partner wears. there's truth to the words she speaks, acute awareness that she's a bit in over her head. before that day in fortree, she had been sheltered from the claws of death. and yet, her past is littered with horrors, with skeletons filling closets. does she voice them? does she breathe life back into them for a silly argument? no, she doesn't, she shouldn't. but she does anyway, dark eyes hardening slightly. "i -- i know, it never gets easier to see." she has no experience in other's blood, in their injuries, but her own? she's too familiar, too adept.

and then, kaida's tone hardens and she tries to hide a wince with a fidget, hands resuming the picking of bandages. "i hope there's not," she whispers. the firmness of the woman's words leaves little room for argument and so, she offers nothing further than a nod of acceptance. it doesn't sit right with her to not help, to not assist where she can, but the prospect of starting an argument at such a time almost seems worse. besides, perhaps it's stemming from consideration than anything else? she's already injured, already struggling... furthering those wounds wouldn't help either of them clear the cave in any faster. her eyes drift toward the rocks, toward the working pokemon, and another whisper leaves her lips. "thank you," comes out like a sigh and it's genuine, grateful for the small kindness kaida is providing.

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
savior [m]
POSTED ON May 8, 2020 1:22:55 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida bit back a blunt reply to Illeana's "I know. It was just too easy to feel the words rising in her throat "Then why push it? but she held back. The question would be just as nonsensical to her, she supposed. No doubt her own reply would be because she could not tolerate not helping. She hoped Illeana had a similar reply. [break][break]

Jotun falters with a stone for the third time, and Kaida calls him back firmly with a wave of her hand, before the gator can hurt himself. He puffs out a breath, tail drooping at his loss to the golem. She supposed it was natural, even as a water-type, Jotun valued his strength, but Superpower was a draining move. She wasn't risking it. "Munin? We have a little way to go." [break][break]

Munin didn't react much to her words, but silently got to work with a reluctant air. Krookodile were known for living and hunting just under the surface of the ground, and it showed. Her claws broke through the dirt like it wasn't there, and her jaws didn't give way to any rocky obstructions. They'd clear through soon. [break][break]

Kaida shrugged at the thanks, her sharp ears catching the whispered words. "You shouldn't. I wasn't being kind there. I'm just simple." She smiled ruefully, lips a thin line, "I just want to finish this job so I can help others." Not a job where she wasn't sure she'd find a Pokemon long gone. "Munin is almost through."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,094 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
savior [m]
POSTED ON May 10, 2020 0:25:33 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]silence seems to flow around them in a way that seems half natural, half uncomfortable. mild tension lingers, there but not quite. it's unnerving in a way and illeana finds herself withdrawing a little further. should she say something else? did she misspeak previously? uncertainty clings and claws and she crumbles slightly beneath the pressure it holds in sharp fingernails.

distraction comes in the form of kaida halting her water type's progress, a wave of the hand signaling the end. her eyes are drawn in by the movement, by the way jotun's tail droops in defeat. the automaton lets out a soft coo of encouragement as it shuffles another rock away from the rubble. an end to their competition might be at hand but there's a sense of admiration for the golurk. it's impressive to have moved as many rocks as jotun had, really, and deus almost makes certain that the water type understands this.

and then, another pokemon is stepping up to take over. the quiet one, munin. her eyes shift to follow as the krookodile slowly begins to get to work. her claws are quick, sharp, cutting through dirt with the clean swipes of a blade. deus stills momentarily to watch a master in action, another coo escaping with ease. this one is more of admiration, of awe, but it fades as quickly as it comes and soon, both pokemon are continuing on side by side. it won't be much longer... most of the rocks are giving way now.

kaida's words cause a slight stiffening of her body, as if the muscles beneath skin feel some odd need to tense. perhaps it's the way her smile turns rueful, the way she waves off any notion of gratitude with a shrug of indifference. "oh," she murmurs a moment later, soft and meek. it seems she had been mistaken in a sense. reading into meanings that weren't there, assuming kindness when there was only logical foundation. "right." the incessant need to apologize bubbles up in her throat like rising bile and she swallows it back with silence instead. another rock is cleared by the automaton with a little more force. a louder rumble resonating in the walls of the cave when the boulder settles into a different place. the scientist lets out a soft hum of acknowledgement, uncertain if she should share similar sentiments. in the end, she settles upon glancing back toward the working pokemon, toward the beginning cracks in the rubble. a few more moments, perhaps, and they'll be through. "what would you like to do when they make it through?" her eyes dart back toward kaida then, half curious and half obedient. part of her wants to formulate a plan for optimal success but what part of this is successful? they could find horror beneath the rocks... perhaps that's why she's seeking a concrete way of proceeding. a distraction from what awaits them.