marcel maeda
the long run [m]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2020 19:24:16 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","bb-top"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","healer"]marcel folds his arms behind his head as he rests against the tree. this mission wasn't one he could offer much help with--moral support, perhaps? they'd spent a good portion of the afternoon here, he should probably log off soon...
[break][break]
"why did you pick this mission?" he had to shout over the distance, "we've been here forever."
[break][break]
well, at least there was only one large leek to go...
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: mission

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bb-top]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeball]width:16px;padding:0px 3px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeball:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.healer b]font-weight:bold;color:#e37388;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
the long run [m]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 14:08:52 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"cause all the cool kids do it... and i'm a cool kid!"

priam has long depleted his mana trying to put the wild pokemon into extinction and has then moved to simply whacking the farfetch'd with his wand, relying on brute force instead of the elegance people expected from a mage.

a farfetch'd pinned under his foot gets a final whack on the head with his weapon. it disintegrates into pixels and leaves priam with a few common drops. the specific drop they were here for has eluded him once more.

"they say there's a good quest reward for this! aren't ya curious to what it is?"

as he awaits for an answer from marcel, priam runs off to find another farfetch'd. they have been doing this for a while, but the energy he shows has never dipped any lower.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
the long run [m]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 20:16:27 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","bb-top"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","healer"]"yeah, i suppose..."
[break][break]
he winces as another farfetch'd is knocked down. sure, the game wasn't real, but priam didn't have to be so crude about it. marcel moves his hand from behind his head to grab the staff beside him. a single tap against the ground and the minimal amount of hp they'd lost was restored--an unnecessary move, really, but he had to do something.
[break][break]
"you should take a break after this quest," he says, "don't you have a job?" what was it that priam said he was again? a lab assistant?
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bb-top]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeball]width:16px;padding:0px 3px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokeball:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.healer b]font-weight:normal;color:#e37388;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
the long run [m]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 4:11:40 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
a job... priam tries to remember which alibi he gave marcel. he remembers one, and while he was about to snitch on eva, he quickly remembers that lucas lane exists.

"oh yeah, i got promoted from aquarium duty to hunting down his nemesis in the game. he said we're killing her over and over again until she pays her debts to him!" he snickers as the words leave him. "kinda reminds me of old times, to be honest."

he spots a farfetch'd respawn just near him. priam quickly runs towards it, throwing his staff at it before it can run away. his sprint turns to a drop kick as it tries to get up from having a staff chucked on its head.

killing these pokemon over and over again has overleveled priam to where even physical, weaponless basic attacks can take them down. the drop kick kills the farfetch'd. there still was no rare drop.

"but yeah, i'll take a break..." he pushes himself off the ground and looks for another farfetch'd. "...once i get this stupid fuckin' thing!" he grabs his staff again and runs off to the next unfortunate mob spawn.

"how long do you have before you need to log off?" he asks, momentarily putting a stop on his chase.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
the long run [m]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 14:53:26 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","bb-top"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","healer"]priam's job is certainly a strange one, judging from the snippets he's heard. still, he can't complain--the work's infinitely better to what the boy had been doing before.
[break][break]
he thinks about the question. "half an hour, my temp probably wants her lunch break soon."
[break][break]
the old woman who'd previously helped him out with the bookstore had retired, leaving marcel in need of new assistance. he couldn't manage it all himself, after all, when his efforts were focused on rocket (not that priam knew). he makes a mental note to post another job ad once he logs off.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
the long run [m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 4:57:39 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"i guess i just have to speed things up!"

priam starts to whack multiple farfetch'd at the same time with huge swings from his staff. his health trickles down as he gets focus fire, but the lack of pain mutes his perception to the danger he is in. usually playing without a healer, he gets too complacent with having one for once.

he downs three at once, all of them disappearing into a cloud of pixels afterwards. there still was no rare drop from them, which wasn't surprising given priam's luck.

"where's your shop at anyways? i wanna visit!" he asks as he looks for more farfetch'd to kill.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
the long run [m]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2020 23:20:49 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","bb-top"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","healer"]"slateport. i can text you the address--" he hesitates. "just don't cause any trouble, okay?" the last thing he needs is priam scaring off his temps, those people weren't exactly easy to come by.
[break][break]
still, he can't say he isn't happy that priam wants to visit. a slight smile finds its way onto his face, but a quick glance at priam--his health bar, to be precise--means it doesn't last long. "hey, be careful." marcel restores his health a couple times with LIFE DEW, only satisfied once the bar turns green once more. he feels himself grow energised from the effects of the spell.
[break][break]
"alright," he stands up, "might as well join in." he swings at a cluster of farfetch'd, his distaste with the action evident despite the mask on his face.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
the long run [m]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2020 7:32:03 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"i'm the most behaved person existing! nothing would go wrong with me being there!"

rocket people come and go. once someone leaves, priam finds it hard to find them again. marcel's return just means that he just has to make sure he gets to get as much marcel time as he can before either of them disappears again.

as soon as marcel joins, priam feels his luck go up. the first farfetch'd he stabs on the head with the rear end of his staff drops the much needed loot to complete the quest.

"ayy! we still have time to return to the quest giver before your break is done!"

priam celebrates with wielding the leek and holding it up high.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
the long run [m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2020 20:42:22 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","bb-top"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","healer"]about time. he smiles. "great work." ruffling priam's hair as he passes, marcel begins to lead the way back to down. his staff disappears in a burst of pixels as it's returned to his inventory.
[break][break]
"you better be logging off after this," he reminds him, "god knows how long that quest took us."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,345 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
the long run [m]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2020 15:48:48 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
he shoots marcel a look of bewilderment before checking the time by opening his UI. his shock cannot be hidden with his reaction.

"ah! i was supposed to help a friend out!"

he stares at his screen for a moment before shrugging. he was sure eva won't mind him being late with whatever experiment she'd like to do with his alakazam anyways. he'd probably find her reading magazine while having tea... or whatever middle aged women do with their free time.

"yeah! maybe i'll even visit your place later!"

a grin remains on his expression as he follows marcel back to the quest giver.