awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 8:32:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] For now, Fernando remains within the city limits. Contrary to what the other players may believe, there is a down time where he doesn't spend his time PKing. After all, he has to keep up with his armor and weapons in order to compete at the highest level. With more than enough Metal Coats to purchase some near gear, he browses the few player shops that are open, before heading to the default NPCs. Their wares hold the most basic items but considering the young age of the game, it's also the most comprehensive.

@bean

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 21:00:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=".beancontainer"]width: 300px; height: auto; margin: 0px auto; border: 1px solid #444; background: #444;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beanheader"]width: 300px; height: auto; padding-bottom: 5px; background-color: rgba(100,100,100,0.3); text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beantext"]width: 280px; margin: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'montserrat'; color: #fdfdfd; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beantag"]border-left: 3px solid #999; text-align: right; padding: 5px; font-family: 'montserrat'; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 3px; float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beantag a"]font-family: 'montserrat'; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Montserrat&display=swap]

[attr="class","beancontainer"]

[attr="class","beanheader"]

[attr="class","beantext"]
Gemma hasn't done much in the game, spending most of her time wandering around and making sure she didn't get herself killed. Although, with a blown kiss and a few hip wiggles here and there, she could usually get out of being the victim of cold-blooded virtual murder.
[break][break]
And usually took advantage of that by striking first.
[break][break]
But this log-in was different. She was going to shop this time, and she finds herself in one of the more basic NPC shops, just browsing through items. Her little spaded tail swings idly back and forth as she leans over to inspect something ancient looking. Upon bringing up the specs on her HUD, however, she finds it's nothing more than a trinket. Boring.
[break][break]
She turns to see a man in the shop with her, and straightens out, taking a step in the opposite direction.

[attr="class","beantag"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 21:04:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Potions, Super Potions, Paralyze Heal; Fernando counts them off one by one before adding them into his inventory. He opts for the lesser items since they're more budget friendly. He has no intention of healing up mid-fight so budget items play straight into his play style, allowing him to top off after combat for a fraction of the price.

Between the various HUDs that pop up when interacting with each item, he misses Gemma until she's already read over the trinket's details. He turns to look at her, gauging her own avatar, before snickering to himself at an audible level.

@bean

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 21:16:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[newclass=".beancontainer"]width: 300px; height: auto; margin: 0px auto; border: 1px solid #444; background: #444;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beanheader"]width: 300px; height: auto; padding-bottom: 5px; background-color: rgba(100,100,100,0.3); text-align: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beantext"]width: 280px; margin: 10px; font-size: 10px; font-family: 'montserrat'; color: #fdfdfd; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beantag"]border-left: 3px solid #999; text-align: right; padding: 5px; font-family: 'montserrat'; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 3px; float: right;[/newclass]

Hearing the snicker, Gemma does little to reciprocate the gesture, moving on to the next item. She doesn't have time to play some game-within-a-game that she has no interest in playing.
[break][break]
Let him laugh, she's just here to shop.
[break][break]
She peruses a few other items before interacting with the shop owner, purchasing some necessities, and a nice cloak. Now that she had the currency for clothing, it'd be nice to have them. Going through character creation with her specifically chosen race, didn't give her many options. It reminds her of another game - the rabbit-type species also had very little clothing to start. Guess this was no different.

[attr="class","beantag"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 21:33:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Preparation for the PVP to come puts a shit eating grin on his face. When he's finished tallying up the items, he also stops by the storekeeper's counter. He has more than enough MC to cover the cost and accepts the final transaction. A ding goes off to mark the items moving into his inventory and he laughs again. He can taste the free exp on the tip of his virtual tongue.

He looks over to Gemma who's also just finished her purchasing. "Aye. Wouldn't happen to have any Ranger weapons on ya, would'ya? The player shops don't have much."

@bean

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 21:37:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"No."
[break][break]
The answer is simple, as she brings up her HUD and equips the cloak, glancing down at herself, now. It's big, but it's seems like it'll be comfortable for her avatar, so that's all that matters.
[break][break]
"I'm not a ranger, though. Clearly." Her eyes raise, and she quirks an eyebrow, staring at the man.

[attr="class","beantag"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 21:41:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Clearly."

Fernando shrugs. "If ya' were I didn't think you'd part with it. Do you not keep mob weapons that drop? Worth a pretty penny to the right player."

Her cloak covers her figure and Fernando raises an eyebrow. Stats are one thing but covering her figure seems to be counter productive to her avatar. Otherwise, why pick such a frame. But, then again, considering the variety of furries he's encountered, Fernando reserves his judgement. Very few seem to have normal avatars, such as himself. Maybe he's just boring.

@bean

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 21:45:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Gemma's eyebrows raise higher. Was he fishing for information? She breathes a laugh and starts towards the door.
[break][break]
"I sell them. Like you said, worth a pretty penny." Her shoulders rise an fall nonchalantly, before she glances over her shoulder. "How about you? Anything a mage could use?" She smiles, canines tucking into the flesh of her avatar's bottom lip. These graphics were to die for, honestly.

[attr="class","beantag"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 21:49:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Then — "

Fernando doesn't finish the sentence. There's no point in reasoning with a random player that he might never meet again. Instead, he closes his shop HUD and follows her out the door and back into the town. "Got a few sets depending on what you need. None of my friends are mages so we have a bunch of gear in our guild chest. What'cha looking for?"

@bean

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 21:53:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"Mmmm." Gemma tucks her hands behind her back, thinking for a moment. What was her goal here? What was she looking for?
[break][break]
"I'm working towards a Wand of Oracles, but anything else will do." She shrugs, opening her inventory to take a peek at everything. She stalls beside him, eyes flitting back and forth as she looks at the invisible wall of items in front of her face.
[break][break]
"Yeah, really. Anything. Could always use new stuff... And no, I really don't have any ranger gear. I dumped it off the last person who asked, sorry." Some newbie with no chance in hell of making it out of a PK zone without it.

[attr="class","beantag"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 21:59:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Wand of Oracles. Haven't came across anything like that. Hmmm..."

Fernando opens up his own guild console and transverses through a variety of screens. Thankfully, private HUDs don't show their information to anyone else unless enabled and Fernando keeps his view discrete. He looks over what mage gear he has and between them he can't pick out any single one. They're too different between each other.

"Gimme something specific. Weapon, armor, special attack, fire, ice?"

@bean

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 22:04:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

Gemma blinks and waits as he checks for her, before squinting at him. Her avatar flickers for a moment as real-life Gemma gets a glass of water, before returning to him speaking again.
[break][break]
"Ah, ice would be - ... nice." Gemma snorts a little laugh at her own little rhyme. "Or Psychic..."

[attr="class","beantag"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 22:09:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Ice. I got Glacial Frostbane —"

Fernando catches himself before committing to his mistake. Sure, she might have an idea of the weapon names but to memorize such a vast amount. Doing so is unreasonable between player to player, so he reverts to referring to them in simpler terms.

"I got a wand that increased freeze chance and how long frozen lasts. Got a scepter that autocasts HAIL. Has one that has high stats than the rest but no unique abilities. It does increase your damage if you use ice moves though."

He scrolls.

"Psychic is full of magic resist items that lower psychic damage, reduce the effects of certain moves, and reduces status effect chances. There's a lot of them so if you're looking for a specific resist, let me know."

@bean

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 22:15:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"Hmm." Gemma thinks for a moment, before putting her hands on her hips, the cloak spreading open at the front. "Well, the Glacial Frostbane sounds interesting - I don't think I've come across that, yet..." She eyes her inventory again, before shaking her head. "Nope. It's not in my history."
[break][break]
Pausing, she looks at her MCs, and frowns. "Ah, I don't have anything to give you, though." Her avatar pouts and she folds her arms across her chest. "Perhaps I can catch you again, later?"

[attr="class","beantag"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UPGRADE
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 22:18:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Not even MC?"

Fernando looks at her and then back at the store. It's entirely she spent the remainder of her currency there but for what? A cloak? He fakes a smile and nods to her. "Sure. I don't see us grabbing a mage any time soon so we'll keep it in stock unless someone else comes by with a better deal."

He points toward the PVP zone. "But if you don't have any MC or a full inventory, you're better off PKing. You can get some nice and quick loot if you can kill a character or three."

@bean