yuko

onus
he/him/his
twenty three
ranger
cadet
7 height
7 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
31 posts
onus eliakim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @onus
onus eliakim
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2020 19:42:12 GMT
onus eliakim Avatar

the procurement of minerals teetering on the participation of everyday people such as himself feels lazy and wrong, but onus does not question it. after all, he himself isn't here to gather minerals -- rather, he is but a liberator from a siege of wild pokemon that are tormenting those that have so foolishly volunteered. the gravel that shifts beneath his feet as he enters rusturf tunnel does nothing to inform him of the tribulations that are occurring somewhere deep within the cave.

with a little bit of rustling, he pulls out the map that was given to him by his superior and his eyes fall upon the circle that estimates their location. the path that leads there is clear cut enough, at least for his eyes to follow. he looks up and over his shoulder, eyes falling upon the nickit that sits behind him patiently, licking a paw. it's cute enough to warrant a smile from the pokemon's trainer.

the air is damp, and the sound of running water can be heard. it's a cave alright -- nothing spectacular. he's been here once before, and the energy was the same then as it is now: tranquil. there's no indication of struggle going on deeper, as far as he can hear. perhaps the sound of the water masks the miners' calls for help, or perhaps they have tired of calling.

the presence or lack thereof of emergency would not change onus' course of action anyways; he must wait for his partner. in the meantime, he watches as dell continues to lick his paw contently.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2020 13:49:44 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","orion"]

Last time he'd been called to Rusturf Tunnel, he'd been greeted with a Steelix snoring in his path. He hoped whatever awaited him on this particular call was less... well, massive, for one, but also less of a pain to deal with. His Espeon had needed time to recover after the steel brute had slammed her into the wall of the tunnel.[break][break]

It's eerily quiet when the ranger makes his way into the cave, no sound but the steady burble of water from somewhere within. No screaming, no Pokemon cries. No miners, either, though he does spot a figure he presumes might be his partner for the mission judging by the map in his hand.[break][break]

Orion's Absol pads silently beside him as they approach.[break][break]

"Morning," he greets. "Ranger Lykos. I assume you're the other ranger they sent out?" There's a note of apology in his tone, regret at not automatically recognizing the other man. There was a time when he'd known most of the rangers, but juggling his old job with his new position on the Council meant there was less time to spend idle. "I got called out here for an emergency, but it's awfully quiet."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.orion b]font-weight:bold;color:#84a35f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yuko

onus
he/him/his
twenty three
ranger
cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
31 posts
onus eliakim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @onus
onus eliakim
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2020 17:01:53 GMT
onus eliakim Avatar

someone had a sense of humor sending onus on a mission with one of the councilman of the league. he tries to force a smile but it doesn't really come. instead, he nods quietly. "nice to meet you, ranger lykos. i'm um...ranger eliakim. onus works better because i probably wouldn't register ranger eliakim as an address to me." he chuckles at the foreign sound on his tongue for a moment before allowing the conversation to naturally move on to the task at hand.

onus' eyes falter over to those of the absol as he speaks. "yeah, that's what i was thinking. guess they're a little further in?" he turns toward ranger lykos. "i have the supposed location, which isn't really too far from here...guess we should go take a look?"

the nickit pads over to the absol, its much smaller frame just below its fellow dark type. onus realizes that he is trying to boss around a councilman and high ranking ranger. he finds himself blinking once or twice.

"ranger lykos i'll just....you should call the shots, yeah?"

when did he turn into such a submissive wuss? lykos wasn't going to manage to dig up dirt on the piece of shit in front of him while they were trapped together in rusturf. might as well be...normal.

which, normal isn't great either. hm.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2020 17:52:40 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Ranger Eliakim — Onus, he insists, and Orion nods — seems shy. Nervous, perhaps? It can be hard to tell, but as a socially anxious mess of a person who'd only started recently building his confidence out of necessity, he sympathized.[break][break]

"Onus, gotcha."[break][break]

Ranger Lykos was how he always introduced himself to people on the job, and he was growing more accustomed to being referred to by his last name thanks to his political position, but Orion was truthfully what brought him the most comfort, as well.[break][break]

He's more than amenable to the other's suggestion, making to follow him before Onus rethinks his statement and backpedals. The councilman offers a quiet smile.[break][break]

"Don't worry about it; you've got the map, you got here first." His gaze flicks over to the pair of dark-types, but his Absol seems amenable to the presence of the Nicket, bending down to touch his nose to the smaller creature. Orion gestures further into the cave to indicate they should probably keep moving; if the miners truly were in danger, they could walk and talk. "We're on the same page as far as I'm concerned. You can call me Orion, by the way." Maybe being on a first-name basis would help with comfort. "Formality is a bad habit being drilled into me, but I'm no stickler for it."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yuko

onus
he/him/his
twenty three
ranger
cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
31 posts
onus eliakim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @onus
onus eliakim
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2020 21:20:22 GMT
onus eliakim Avatar

"orion, right. i've never been one for formalities anyways. i usually answer to asshole, so." his cheeks redden when his ears register what his mouth just spouted. "maybe too informal. just uh, pretend i didn't say that. heh..." his feet carry him a few steps ahead of ranger lykos, orion, to mask his embarrassed expression.

then again, he was the man with the map, he was in charge, so he could relax a little, right?

the creaking of the cavern persists, droplets of water appearing from nowhere and landing nowhere, but making themselves known with their little plop echoing about. they veer away from the running water, his eyes occasionally glancing down at the map before him to ensure that he is leading them in the right direction.

"dell really seems to like your absol, by the way. he doesn't usually warm up so immediately." he peers over his shoulder to the two quadrupeds walking side by side, in step and in sync. "i wonder when he'll evolve. i'm thinking soon. we've been together for a while now." he feels more inclined to speak in the presence of someone with a lot more power than he has, and silence echoing between them makes for a bad impression to say the least.

the nickit's ears perk up, causing onus to stop.

plop.

he hears...something...but isn't sure what. his eyes lock with orion's. "do you hear anything? or am i crazy?" stopping makes no sense, and so he starts slowly stepping further down the path, still looking at his ranger counterpart.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2020 20:26:36 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Orion can't help his surprised laugh at the other's brazen statement; Onus seems flustered after the remark slips out, backpedaling and striding several steps ahead. The councilman keeps pace and holds back any further laughter.[break][break]

"You're fine," he insists.[break][break]

He could relate to how Onus might be feeling. The first time he'd met on a job and realised who he was dealing with, he'd nearly had a nervous breakdown. Perhaps that's why Orion tries to be so relaxed with others. He didn't want to be intimidating.[break][break]

"Katas is a special one," Orion murmurs fondly of his Absol, the quiet rumbles in the dark-types throat suggesting some sort of conversation with the Nickit. It's not the first time he's wished to be able to understand them. "He's been with me a long time, too. I'm sure your partner'll evolve as soon as he feels he's ready."[break][break]

If he'd learned anything, it was that evolution was not a process to be rushed.[break][break]

He opens his mouth as if to comment further, then closes it with a frown. "You're not crazy," he assures the other ranger, his voice dropping to barely above a whisper. His Absol has gone tense, red eyes gleaming in the dim of the cave. He's listening, too. "We ought to follow them."
[break][break]
He gestures to their Pokemon, who seem to have a better idea of where to go.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

yuko

onus
he/him/his
twenty three
ranger
cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
31 posts
onus eliakim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @onus
onus eliakim
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2020 21:33:37 GMT
onus eliakim Avatar

he feels drawn to the senior ranger as orion speaks of his bond with his absol. though the words share little, he can hear everything they've been through in the man's voice. a sideways look to dell make him smile just a little, thinking of all they've been through, too. evolution will come in due time, of course.

the thought vanishes from his mind as he and orion watch their pokemon walk away from them, deeper into the cave. at orion's suggestion, onus begins following the pair, his stride falling in line with orion's. his ears are perked for any signs of intelligible sound, though none registers quite yet. whatever it is that he heard before, it is loudening and loudening with each step, confirming that they are on the right track.

he falls a half step behind orion to give himself the opportunity to look at him for just a moment. something about him just commands respect -- onus, of course, complies. he wonders if, one day, he'll have that kind of aura about him.

probably not.

they're even closer now -- whatever the sound is, its a group of wild pokemon. the breed, or breeds, he cannot distinguish yet, but he looks to the more experienced ranger to see if he has any insight yet. "we about to walk into a mess?"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2020 17:14:22 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

There is some sort of commotion up ahead, muffled by the obstructing rock. The soft burbling he'd heard upon entering the cave has gone quieter... or is it simply that the others sounds have joined it, now, to drown it out in their chaos?[break][break]

Without a visual, it's hard to tell what they'll be up against, but Orion feels a subtle rumble through the soles of his boots. Not the powerful tremble of an earthquake or cave-in, but...[break][break]

"Quite possibly," he replies, grimacing. "Ground-types, I think."[break][break]

More specifically, he's thinking of that damned Steelix he'd had to deal with last time he was here. Arceus, he hoped they were in store for something else. Whatever it was, the rumble grows more persistent and Orion releases a couple more Pokemon from their capsules. His violet-skinned Swampert matches the Ranger's serious nature, while his Espeon merely flicks her forked tail and blinks up at him.[break][break]

"Now or never."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2020 1:49:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
runerigus

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

male - WANDERING SPIRIT[break]
SHADOW CLAW / SLAM / SHADOW BALL / PROTECT / EARTHQUAKE

FROM THE CAVERN'S WALLS, a runerigus finally unearths itself. its awakening causes the whole cavern system to tremble as it celebrates with a powerful EARTHQUAKE. its single eye seeks targets to share its wealth of horrific memories with.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&
close tab

played by

yuko

onus
he/him/his
twenty three
ranger
cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
31 posts
onus eliakim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @onus
onus eliakim
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2020 22:07:44 GMT
onus eliakim Avatar

the floor rumbles, taunting them to search more curiously for the culprit causing the shaking. they continue to walk, orion speaking sparingly and quietly as they march forward. ground types seem likely, onus agrees, as the trembling intensifies.

the guessing games end abruptly as a runerigus appears, its ghastly extremities undulating in a terrific dance. the ground below them shakes more, an earthquake erupting. "shit. let's move!" he yanks orion by the arm off to the side, officially entering the opening that the runerigus seems to inhabit. somewhere, miners must be near by -- he just hopes they can find them before the runerigus manages to cave all of them in here.

dell runs beside them, squaring off between the runerigus and the trainers. "foul play!" the nickit dives into the center of the circular room, darkness enveloping its body as it leaps for the much larger, likely stronger foe. it hits and retreats to the side of his trainer.

an exchange of energy occurs between the two of them, an aura filling the void between them to signal that their abilities have switched.

they might as well bury the thing while they're here to make sure it doesn't continue to cause trouble moving forward.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2020 13:51:19 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

When the creature appears, it is nothing like Orion expects. Familiar in its resemblance to a Cofagrigus but foreign all the same, the creature bursts from the wall with a horrifying wail that finds the councilman wincing. The ground quakes and he's grabbed by the arm, pulled roughly to the side in order to escape the quaking of the earth. When he speaks his thanks, the words are swallowed by the rumble of the cave.[break][break]

Orion's Absol leaps into the fray alongside its fellow dark-type, detecting the threat of cracking earth in order to leap out of the way. Espeon endures the quake and offers a helping hand to the Swampert, her psychic energies bolstering the power of a hydro pump that blasts across the cavern and catches the horrific Pokemon off guard.[break][break]

Anticipating the threat of a second watery blast, it protects itself from the follow-up attack.[break][break]

"Do you know what that thing is?" Orion asks of Onus. "I assume maybe it's from Galar, but..."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

yuko

onus
he/him/his
twenty three
ranger
cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
31 posts
onus eliakim DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @onus
onus eliakim
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2020 1:06:13 GMT
onus eliakim Avatar

onus watches as orion unleashes a bevy of strong pokemon, each acting in such a way to synergize the group's effort. a hydro pump soars across the cavern, immediately putting the runerigus on the defensive.

"it's a runerigus. galarian yamask evolves into this instead of cofagrigus. never seen one in hoenn..." he trails off, watching as the wild pokemon recovers and unleashes a shadow claw at the trainer's nickit, its arms flailing in all directions in an attempt to hit someone or something. dell dodges lithely, his small forme coming in handy as he dips away from the attack. the nickit returns with a sucker punch for an upcoming repeated shadow claw, throwing the runerigus back.

his eyes go beyond the runerigus, spotting a convex curvature of the cavern wall into an area darker than the one they stand in now. his feet quickly carry him in a circular path around the pokemon, the foe too distracted by the slurry of attacks to notice him.

"there's a room back here." he calls to orion, peering in without daring to step a foot inside. yes, the miners could be inside -- but what else?

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
wild siege [c]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2020 14:05:17 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Though there had been plenty of excitement surrounding the introduction of Galarian species into the Hoennian wilds, situations like these were exactly the reason Orion had his doubts about the move.[break][break]

"Local wildlife probably doesn't know how to handle it..."[break][break]

Nor the local population, which could explain why the miners had gone into hiding instead of attempting to flee.[break][break]

As their Pokemon team up to hold the foreign invader at bay, Delphi redirecting her helping hand to assist the Nickit, Orion follows Onus to the entrance of a pitch-dark room. His hand curls around a Pokeball, and he sends his Typhlosion into the darkness. She assumes an aggressive posture the moment she's released from her ball, nostrils flaring as fire bursts along her scruff. The flames chase back the shadows and reveal the contents of the chamber — immediately, Orion's focus zeroes in on an unconscious man surrounded by his worried companions.[break][break]

"The Pokemon did that?"[break][break]

They jump at his tone, hushed as it was, and one of them gives a mute nod.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: leaving it fairly open-ended in case you had plans!!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay