twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2020 4:44:06 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","sidetag"]
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]she oversteps. "i think we both know you never needed me to protect you, stormy. you did not become elite four because of me. the people of lavaridge do not look up to you because of me. you are more than capable of protecting yourself and those around you." he bites his tongue and instead sighs his exasperations out. 

it hurts him when she says 'loved'. it hurts him when she says 'abandoned'. but he knows there's no changing how she feels.

a moment passes before he speaks again. "i am sorry for a lot of things, but i will never be sorry for trying to keep my mother and sister safe."
[attr="class","cranecred00"]MADE BY CRANE

[newclass=.sidetag]width:80px;text-align:center;font:10px Roboto Condensed;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;border-top:double 4px #E8E8E8;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidetag a]text-align:center!important;font:10px Roboto Condensed!important;text-transform:uppercase!important;letter-spacing:1px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bodytxtt]background-color:transparent;width:330px;text-align:justify;font:11px Spectral;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cranecred00]background-color:#F1F1F1;opacity:0;font-size:7px;font-family:arial;padding:5px;width:65px;margin-top:10px;margin-left:270px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[Googlefont="Spectral"]
[Googlefont="Roboto Condensed"]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2020 5:03:59 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Despite his composure, despite the calmness of his face, his expression, his delivery, she sees through it. And it's because of that and because she can read him so clearly that she flinches. It only occurs to her now that she's actively burning the bridge that she's overstepped. That she's gone too far, said the wrong thing, been reckless. This isn't about her, it never was.[break][break]

"But you didn't trust me to protect you. I want to protect you."[break][break]

Stormy takes a deep breath, guilt swimming in her eyes when he next speaks. His words feel like a heavy stone in her chest, a reminder that she was being selfish. [break][break]

Maybe it was jealousy that drove her to say what she had said. Her lack of relationship with her own family, how estranged she was. She wasn't sure she could count on them to protect her - she only had herself.[break][break]

"You're right. I'm sorry, I--"[break][break]

Her hand raises to her eyes, wiping away tears that haven't fallen yet but feel heavy anyway. She breathes out slowly, swallows, and finds Alex's gaze again. [break][break]

"I'm just confused. I missed you and I was scared. You didn't say goodbye, you didn't say anything. I could only assume the worst and I'm selfish and--"[break][break]

Her voice gives out for a moment, giving her a moment to breathe and for Alex to respond.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2020 11:38:52 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","sidetag"]
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]her words may hurt but her intentions are good. they always have been; that much he knows. and so he doesn't hold what she said against her. instead, he listens, and only when her voice gives out does he interject. "i was selfish, too, and scared. i wanted to call you but as the days passed it became easier to give in to my fears rather than confront them." he remembers holding the phone, remembers pacing back and forth wanting to hit dial so he could her voice again. he would've told her that he's safe, and that he hopes she is, too.

a tired sigh escapes him. he abandons his room-temperature coffee and slides the cup off to the side. he pauses for a moment and looks down at his idle hands cupped together on the table. a thought makes him smile.

"they are safe, by the way. mum said she misses you," he says.

[newclass=.sidetag]width:80px;text-align:center;font:10px Roboto Condensed;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;border-top:double 4px #E8E8E8;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidetag a]text-align:center!important;font:10px Roboto Condensed!important;text-transform:uppercase!important;letter-spacing:1px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bodytxtt]background-color:transparent;width:330px;text-align:justify;font:11px Spectral;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cranecred00]background-color:#F1F1F1;opacity:0;font-size:7px;font-family:arial;padding:5px;width:65px;margin-top:10px;margin-left:270px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[Googlefont="Spectral"]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2020 12:05:11 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

She bites the inside of her lip hard enough to cause pain, but she does it so that she may not cry. [break][break]

"I would have understood if you'd just told me. You can trust me, I never want you to doubt me or yourself."[break][break]

Stormy had tried to reach him when he'd first disappeared, left dozens of voicemails. She hadn't been certain he'd even gotten any of them - especially considering she hadn't received anything in return.[break][break]

His hands lay in a pile on the table and she doesn't stop herself from placing one of hers on top of his when he mentions his mum.[break][break]

"I miss her too, more than you know."[break][break]

She takes a breath, unease and worry that she'd overstepped with her subtle affection. She moves to retract her hand, moves to get up from her seat.[break][break]

"Do you.. can you walk with me? Please?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2020 18:02:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","sidetag"]
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]relief first washes over him when he notices her demeanor change. he nods, making sure to let her know he's listening. he cannot help the involuntary smile that graces his features when he feels her hand over his. it's a familial warmth; one that he missed. he nods again.

"yes, definitely," he says as he stands up from his seat. he reaches into his pocket to pull out a few notes to leave on the table. he turns, smiling at lorelai before making his way past her and saying his goodbyes. he opens the door for stormy once more and soon steps out onto the streets of rustboro.

he takes in the smell of the city he so long missed before turning to look at stormy. "where to?"

[Googlefont="Spectral"]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2020 20:06:02 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

His relief is contagious and it seems to help melt away the crease of anxiety still plaguing her face. While he stands and takes care of his coffee, Stormy brings hers with her, holding it tightly. It helps distract her, keep her hands busy.[break][break]

Lorelai bids them farewell and a wonderful afternoon and Stormy dips her head politely but offers no words because she can't find them.[break][break]

Instead, she follows Alex to the door and steps out onto the streets of Rustboro first, glancing back to face him once she'd sidestepped out of his way.[break][break]

The fresh air is immediately therapeutic and seems to manage her temperature - she no longer feels like her skin is crawling with uncomfortable heat, though her cheeks remain warm and rosy.[break][break]

"Just a walk - we can see where our feet take us."[break][break]

She offers him a small smile as she nods in a direction, pivoting on her heels to choose their path. [break][break]

"Did you just arrive in Hoenn?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2020 3:52:01 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","sidetag"]
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]she chooses their path and he happily follows. "i arrived a few days ago but i only just found time to come home," he says, eyes drifting off to the neatly aligned shops to their side. "sootopolis kept me busy for a little bit." between visiting olivia and checking up on the morningstar estate, he hasn't had much time for anything else.

he turns to her and asks, "and how is the new position treating you? i heard kyle is an elite four, too." it brings a smile to his face. to go from a league officer to an elite four is a testament to kyle's abilities. he can't help but feel a little bit proud. 

[Googlefont="Spectral"]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2020 4:08:49 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

A few days ago. His response feels nonchalant and it leaves a lump in her throat. She doesn't respond, instead glances in another direction.[break][break]

Of course, she understands being busy, she is busy. She eats sleeps and breathes busy.[break][break]

But she can't help the note of jealousy and the pang of guilt that soon follows when he mentions Sootopolis. Her thoughts lead her down a dark path and she feels like she's drowning in it.[break][break]

"I see."[break][break]

Alex turns to change the subject and she dips her chin in acknowledgement.[break][break]

"He is, yes. It was a no-brainer they chose him, he's easily one of the strongest people I've ever seen."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2020 13:41:55 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","sidetag"]
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]perhaps he's too enthralled by the storefront mannequins to notice her darkened disposition. or perhaps he's oblivious by nature. either way, it goes unnoticed, and alexander is none the wiser for it.

she speaks highly of kyle, as has most people he's spoken to. he nods in agreement. "i am sure he has grown a lot since i last saw him. india's stayed the same, thankfully, though she misses him," he says, mentioning the poochyena kyle had gifted him almost a year ago.

"how's lavaridge?"

[Googlefont="Spectral"]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2020 16:14:59 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

The conversation lingers on Kyle and she's thankful for it, thankful for the temporary distraction off of her. Alexander seems keen to hear about what had been going on in her life but she feels reluctant to share. She still had nightmares that she wasn't even willing to confront herself.[break][break]

The woman sucks in a breath when he mentions Lavaridge and she squeezes the strap of her purse tighter.[break][break]

"It feels different, now that it isn't my responsibility anymore. I guess -- it sort of feels.. lonelier."[break][break]

Her teeth graze the inside of her bottom lip as she admits this.[break][break]

"Everything has changed."[break][break]

Stormy glances at him, indecision creasing the spot between her eyebrows. She wants to tell him about Moltres, but there's a very real part of her that worries about how much she can trust him. That, and she wasn't inclined to admit to something like that in public with so many ears listening.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2020 19:13:45 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","sidetag"]
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]he nods, understanding. "change can be good." he glances back at her, eyes searching for a moment before continuing. "i felt the same way when i became champion and had to step away from rustboro. but i suppose it was different for me. i never fully stepped away and we never found a replacement because there was no need to. rustboro is home, and so it will always be my responsibility to watch over it," he says, despite it being a responsibility he relinquished for a few months. 

"and it was different because you were there with me. i don't say it enough, but you helped get me through those times." he remembers every late night, every phone call he made just to hear her voice. she was there for him, and he wasn't for her. a pang of guilt rises though he makes no notion to express it. he looks to the ground, then off to the side.

smiling, he says, "but i am back now. to stay, hopefully."

[Googlefont="Spectral"]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2020 19:26:54 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

"Mmm."[break][break]

Change had given her nightmares, caused her skin to crawl and her brain to lie awake at night thinking too hard.[break][break]

Stormy studies his expression when he talks about his rise to champion, what he had sacrificed and given up in order to do what needed to be done. He was stronger than she gave him credit for, wasn't he? Meanwhile here she was, worrying about whether she was good enough when she should be more worried about just being good.[break][break]

At one point in her life, Rustboro had been her home too, until she had sought out the job in Lavaridge.[break][break]

Her cheeks warm when he mentions their relationship and how close they had been last year - before everything went to shit. She still thinks about those phone calls, more than she'd care to admit.[break][break]

Stormy goes to reach for his hand, hesitating before her fingers could curl around his. She's hungry for physical contact, wishing to repair the bridge.[break][break]

"I hope you stay, too."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2020 10:11:17 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","sidetag"]
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]it warms him to hear her words because it soothes a doubt that had been plaguing his mind: is he needed in hoenn? he had done so much and sacrificed so much for it but still he remained unsure of whether the region truly needed him. was it better off without? he's still not too sure. but at the very least, he's sure she needs him, and that makes him happy.

"i will," he replies as he reaches for her hand. she had been the one brave enough to take the first step in mending their relationship, now it was his turn. there is familiarity in how their fingers intertwine and in the warmth that he feels. it's a feeling he had missed. 

[Googlefont="Spectral"]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2020 14:45:27 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]

Stormy's breath catches against the lump in her throat when he reaches for her. Their fingers intertwine and the motion is so natural and sweet that she nearly pulls away. She wants this, she wants him, but she remained uneasy.[break][break]

She squeezes his hand, thumb brushing the back of his knuckles both to comfort him and herself. [break][break]

"How was Sootopolis? I wasn't aware you had ties to the area."[break][break]

A minor lie, but her curious expression is convincing.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
untitled [c]
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2020 16:02:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","sidetag"]
[attr="class","bodytxtt"]the motion is comforting, soothing, and so he welcomes it. "i had to pay a visit to councilwoman abbiati to discuss the recent affairs of hoenn. she's still recovering from the incident," he explains. he doesn't catch onto her lie because he has no reason to be suspicious. she is asking a simple question, after all.

"i also owed freya a favor, so i visited the morningstar estate to make sure things were in order." it's been a while since he's heard from her. he's not too sure where she is but he hopes she's safe. "i like sootopolis. it has spirit. and history."

[Googlefont="Spectral"]