Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 15, 2020 1:21:12 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "galar's champion cup?" noah wipes his sweaty brow, his body already cooked from the dog-walk earlier. "well, this is hoenn, buddy." he orders his pokemon: "ICE HAMMER."

with the first move, noah sets the battlefield. he sends his crabominable forth. crustacean chitin crashes onto the ground. at each site of impact, a lanakilan ice spreads in glistening sheets across the floor. an icy distance comes between dog and crab.

noah's pokemon scuttles onto an icy patch. it seems comfortable, and despite the slippery scene, its short, frozen legs seem secure on this glacial plane.

"c'mere boy!" noah beckons for june's boltund as if it were one of his own.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 18, 2020 5:10:30 GMT
June Fair Avatar
Both trainer and Pokémon are cautious when the Alolan crustacean begins to morph the battlefield to its liking, doing their best to avoid the icy expanse that now covers the ground.

Now, this was tricky, June didn’t expect the bodyguard to pull a stunt like this, she took him for more of a straight up fighter.

But given the stunt, he pulled earlier with the Unfezant she shouldn’t be as surprised as she was. They might have the field advantage but a fighting type like the crab still had to get close and June could work with that.

While Noah’s Pokémon was more than comfortable on the ice, Touma was having the opposite time with the icy ground. The canine was one moment away from losing his footing and slipping onto the ground.

”C’mon, Touma! It’s just like winters back at home, you’ve got this.” Her words of encouragement helped the Boltund settle and get solid footing on the ice.

”Atta boy! Let’s hit em’ with a Wild Charge!” Touma was hesitant at first before taking off toward the crustacean. And for a moment there it looked like the Boltund was going to be able to do it until he tripped and slid across the ice like a hockey puck.

”Ah fuck.”

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 20, 2020 5:24:32 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 as the boltund slides, noah's fist tightens. the crabominable mirrors the action. its claw tenses cold. ice reinforces its callous shape and as it scuttles like a soccer goalie to match the boltund's trajectory, noah punches the air.

"just like foosball!" noah shouts. but he doubts the crabominable understands the analogy.

as the boltund skids ever close, the crabominable attempts to bat the dog back from whence it came.

"follow up with an ICE PUNCH!" he commands preemptively— and as the chitinous legs flex, noah watches intently.

but june's remembrance of home helps the pool of his memory stir too. memories of winters in old regions. ones he once called home. briefly, his chest is grasped by a homesickness he thought he had forgotten.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 22, 2020 0:26:57 GMT
June Fair Avatar
The Boltund struggled to get back onto his feet and by the time it was making any sort of headway there was a giant crab to deal with. The Crabominable was successful in hitting the canine away like a hockey player going for a shot, sending the Boltund near June.

”Touma! Are you okay?” June asked as she got a quick response as the dog shot up from the ground, this time gaining his footing. It was clear that the dog was pushing himself so they only had one shot left for this.

”Spark!” At June’s command the Boltund lunged at the Crabominable, the canine’s body covered in sparks that were much tamer compared to when he was using Wild Charge. Despite their efforts the Boltund wouldn’t be able to stand against the Ice Punch and was down for the count.

”You did good, take a rest buddy.” June returned her Boltund and began shifting through her capsules to find the right one. Once she did she smiled, tossing the ball up and down in her hand.

”This has been a lot of fun so far, bodyguard. Let’s keep up the pace, yeah?” She said, throwing the ball in the air to release her next Pokémon.

Out of the capsule in a bright light came her Scorbunny, the Pokémon hopping back and forth in place on its feet. The ice that would’ve been there normally had melted, an effect of the pads on the bottom of the Scorbunny’s feet, part of the reason June picked him for this fight.

”So how’d you end up becoming Kyle’s groupie wrangler, anyhow?”

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 24, 2020 7:02:47 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "oh that pokemon's pretty cute."

noah is shocked out of his reminiscence. his crabominable soughs as the bunny mars the ice rink with holes.

"uh, guess i did the same sorta thing as you. i sought him out at a dog park... so! you were on the right track, man! i'm not sharing him though."

he babbles on, voice aroused to levels of hoopla. however, noah takes the time to rouse any memory of seeing this pokemon. the typing eludes him. best to take it safe.

"tighten your defenses, widow!" noah says.

the crabominable's chitinous shell gleams with its IRON DEFENSE. as the ice crunches underneath its feet, the crabominable begins to circle the rabbit like a boxer. it is clear that this pokemon takes after its owner.

"fists at the ready!"

the crabominable hits the ground, ice breaking into shards. as a test, the pokemon scrapes the shrapnel up with its claw and flings it at the scorbunny.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2020 6:32:43 GMT
June Fair Avatar
”Yeah ain’t he?”

June said in response to Noah’s cute comment, smiling as she boasted. The Scorbunny, in addition to bouncing back and forth on his feet, began to throw his fists in the air as to hit an invisible enemy.

”I guess you can sort of say this cheeky little bunny is the mascot of my team.” She added. June would then go on to scoff at Noah’s comment. ”Didn’t your parents teach you it’s not good to be selfish?” The back and forth was nice but it was time to get back into the fight.

The crab raising its defenses were going to be troublesome so they’d best get on the offensive before it could increase them again but the crab attacked.

”Ember!” The flurry of ice shards was met with a stream of EMBERS, stopping the Crabominable’s attack.

”Quick, follow up with a Flame Charge!” June ordered, pointing towards the crab. The Galarian rabbit’s body suddenly burst into flames as the Pokémon then charged like a rocket towards Noah’s Alolan Pokémon.

The Scorbunny’s fiery blitz helped the process of turning this ice rink into a slip and slide as the ground beneath them began to melt wherever the bunny went.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 5:13:45 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the thrown ice is immediately incinerated. they fall as small steam meteors that spatter into sad silly puddles. the field is soaked with lukewarm water as the bunny charges forth.

"don't let the bunny come close!" he grabs the air, fist clenched as he barks his command. "BUBBLE BEAM!" noah hopes the pokemon's fiery arsenal is not deceptive, and that the typing is what he believes it to be.

bubbles soar from the crabominable's mouth. like froth over melted frost, a barrage of orbs fly in varying waves toward the blitzkrieging bunny.

"hey! it's good to be selfish sometimes." noah manages to finally sneak in a reply. "self love, right?"

the crabominable readies a fist in case the scorbunny manages to break through.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2020 20:15:10 GMT
June Fair Avatar
”Oh hell no! There ain’t no stopping this train! Full force Jet! Don’t let em’ stop you.” June shouted, throwing a finger out towards the crab.

The bunny in question picked up speed, weaving around the waves of bubbles aimed for it.

When the Scorbunny got closer there was no avoiding the bubbles now so it braced for contact and charged through.

The flames around its body did not die as the fire type charged straight for the crab, the collision of the two attacks causing clouds of steam to erupt.

Picking up speed as it got closer; the Scorbunny lunged for Noah’s Crabominable like a bunny rocket.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2020 5:47:08 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 as the last of crabominable's bubbles leave its carapace-jaw, the crustacean's dense arms raise. its natural armours harden as it uses IRON DEFENSE. the scorbunny, agile in its smaller form, can not be escaped.

when the bunny collides with the crab, flames burst across its white fur. steam continues to raise from the field like fleeing spirits. the dogs return from 's abode, their snouts pressed up against the gate as they watch.

noah tenses, his fist clenched. fingers dig in to his palm as his voice is flung through the steam, "SUPERPOWER!" the crab is red, but bulky enough to withstand at least one super-effective hit. "we like it up close and personal, don't we?"

the crab retaliates, swinging its bulky claw toward the rabbit should it remain in its range. with its strike, the crabominable attempts to beat the bunny into the soggy ground.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 20:22:00 GMT
June Fair Avatar
June clenched her fist as the Scorbunny made contact with the Crabominable ”Alright! Ace shot, Jet!” But the crab was much tougher than that, it was a pipe dream to think it’d go down after just one successful blow.

Where the miscalculation was had to deal with Noah’s Pokémon attacking back as soon as it was.

”Shit! Get out of the way, Jet! ” The Scorbunny in question panicked and while it tried to get out of the way it fired off an Ember attack but despite the bunny’s efforts it was unfortunately caught by the Crabominable’s attack.

Now Scorbunny’s were built for speed, they were not bulky Pokémon in the slightest, which is why the crab’s attack was so devastating. And enough so that the little bunny would be out of commission, June then quickly returned the Pokémon back into its capsule.

”You’ll get em’ next time champ.” She said to the capsule before putting it away and exchanging it for another.

”Hmm can’t say I’m really surprised it’s come down to this. Hell I’d be disappointed if it didn’t! I hope you’re ready bodyguard because here comes the showstopper!”
June boasted before throwing the capsule in her hand into the air.

Once it reached its apex the ball opened, releasing down a beam of light that took the shape of a rather large Pokémon. ”Been a while since I’ve used this big bloke.” She remarked, smiling as she looked upon her Duraludon that had now fully materialized.

”That crab of yours won’t even be able to make a dent in his metal!”

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 21:46:19 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the EMBER rolls across the crabominable's body. a noise of pain is masked by the hoarse cry accompanying the slamming of its heavy claw. as the scorbunny faints, noah throws an air high-five at his pokemon.

"good one, buddy!" the crabominable smiles— but perhaps, that is just its default expression.

as the duraludon is summoned, noah and the crabominable feel the pressure surmounting upon them in steel. the dragon, still foreign, is familiar to noah in some degree— but this is the first time he's faced one in battle. such uncertainty finds itself in the wrinkling of his sneaker's leathers.

"galar's got some pretty cool pokemon, huh?" noah's fist curls toward him, the arm flexed as if to erect a barrier against uncertainty. "sorry, but i haven't trained under kyle for nothing!" his arm straightens to his index finger's peak. "BUBBLE BEAM! stand your ground!"

after taking in a thick breath, the fatigued crab complies. as bubbles flurry out from the crabominable's mouth, noah hopes to scout out what the duraludon can do.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 0:07:25 GMT
June Fair Avatar
”Some of the best in the world!” June replied with a smile, looking over to her Duraludon.

Her posture up until this point had been lax and conveyed a sense of energy and enthusiasm but it shifted once her dragon was out and she was eager to see Noah’s next move. Now she stood straight, arms crossed and a firm, confident look grew on her face.

”Well let’s hope your training gives us a challenge then!” Her eyes moved from Noah and his crab to the Duraludon in front of her, the Pokémon awaiting a command from the young lady.

Noah’s Crabominable attacked, another Bubble Beam, the site of the move made her smile wider. ”Let’s show em’ what you're made of! Brick em’.” The Duraludon began to move, picking up its feet and steadying its stance as it then hunkers over, placing its hands on the ground to hold itself up.

The dragon’s maw then opened, silver energy gathers for a split moment before it is unleashed in a bright silver beam of energy. This FLASH CANNON flies straight for the Crabominable going in the same path as the bubble beam.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 7:04:20 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "ah, what the heck!" noah shouts at his crabominable, alarmed by the duraludon's sudden conversion into what seems to be a cannon. "move, widow!"

his crabominable clamps its mouth shut and the bubbles cease. its stubby limbs mobilize. they begin to crawl, attempting to carry the hefty body of the crab.

however, the FLASH CANNON clips the crab. the steel-type beam slams into its side, causing it to falter its in advance. noah swallows a gasp.

with wide eyes, he shouts, "c'mon, buddy! move in with a CLOSE COMBAT!"

weakened, the crabominable pushes itself. it scuttles forth with a limp, swinging its claws preemptively like swollen baseball bats.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 19:52:49 GMT
June Fair Avatar
”Nice shot!” June said praising her Duraludon, giving the dragon an enthusiastic thumbs up. Even though they didn’t completely annihilate the crab Noah’s reaction made up for it, now if only she could have gotten a picture of it.

Honestly, she was surprised that her opponent’s Pokémon was still up and moving. It hadn’t taken a direct hit but even clipped by the attack wasn’t something you can just walk away from all willy nilly, June was impressed.

But clearly it was time to throw in the towel for the Crabominable, the way it was barely moving was just sad.

”Wait for it to get close and then meet our friend with a Breaking Swipe!” The Duraludon shifts from its cannon-like position and stands upright, watching as the Crabominable comes closer.

Once in range, the dragon meets the crab’s fist with its large tail. Time to see which one of them was packing more strength behind their swings.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,509 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 4:43:56 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 the crab's fist slams into the dragon's tail with a resounding crash. from the point of impact, ice sprays from the crabominable's claw— and for a moment, there is a tug-of-war of resistance. but the duraludon, fresh and innately powerful, overpowers the crab.

"ah!" noah gasps. snouts sneak in between the gate behind him as 's mightyena come to watch.

the crabominable is tossed back and although it attempts to stand on all fours, a joint gives. it collapses onto the ground. both claws fall like bricks on either side.

"nice try buddy," noah recalls his crabominable. placing the pokeball back into his pocket, he swiftly exchanges it for his machamp's.

on the field, in a bolt of red, his machamp materializes. its sturdy frame glares back at the duraludon's steel. with arms raised, the machamp's fists tense their fingers like claws.

"this guy here's my ace." noah says. "i don't pull him out for just anyone." he sucks in a breath before expelling it like flames. "cobra, move in quick! get ready to dodge whatever it throws your way!"

the machamp charges forth. each step is heavy, but fast. its lower arms position themselves lower, ready to grasp the ground in case it needs to roll.