April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2020 6:44:39 GMT
June Fair Avatar
Eyes darted back and forth from the bright screen of a phone to an apartment complex, one that which its design made it seeming impossible to distinguish what was where and to find what the young woman was looking for.

”This was the right place….right?” A question that would go unanswered as the only one around to hear her was a Boltund who while was eager and excited about whatever was going on had no idea what she was talking about. That happy but clueless look on the dog’s face made the girl to drop her shoulders and hang her head in disappointment.

”Well this was a bust.” She whined. It appeared that the information she was given was bogus or maybe she just had really bad timing. Well, what was she to do now? Honestly, she wanted to go back to the person who set her up and choke them out but first she had to know if she was truly set up.

But if he did actually live here surely someone from around here would have to know that, right? Someone of his status was basically a celebrity so someone would definitely know if they lived next to one.

She’d flag down the first person she would notice, a young man walking a good amount of canines, he’d do. ”Hey! Could you help me with something real quick?” June called out to the stranger, waving as she approached.

”Would you happen to know if one of the Elite Four lives here? A Kyle Lopez?” She’d ask, pointing to the apartment complex the man supposedly lived at.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2020 23:55:04 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah returns with his hand clutching the ropes of several leashes. it's as if he's a zoo's balloon vendor, but instead of colourful orbs, he wields a moving forest of black fur. several mightyena, eager to return home, but wary of the stranger halt with sniffing snouts.

"uh, sure!" noah squints, wondering whether he is supposed to know the girl before him. he's clad in athleisure- but his shoes are pristine. "why do you ask?"

he hushes the mightyena, ordering them all to sit on their haunches. their bushy tails stream behind them as if they were entirely separate pokemon of their own.

"are you a fan too?"

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2020 5:33:50 GMT
June Fair Avatar
Bingo! So she was in the right place! Maybe this trip could be salvaged if she played her cards right.

”I guess you could say it’s something like that.” She responded. But wait a second he had said too, so does that mean this is something that happens a lot or is he referring to himself?

”I was told I could find him here and I really wanted to meet him.” June further explained, crossing her arms over her chest.

”But you’re from around here, yeah? HAve you met him before? do you know him personally? Any idea when he might be back?”

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2020 6:58:42 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "yeah! basically live here now." noah whistles and the mightyena file into the fenced property, rushing for their bowls inside. "i know him personally alright," his voice grows smug here, tinged with a dreamy warble, "but let's cut the questions."

he narrows his eyes and steps into the gap between the fences. crossing his arms, noah examines her with an obvious air of skepticism.

"why do you wanna know?" noah's eyebrow rises into a skeptical scar. "sorry, 'cause i gotta guard him against crazy fans. trust me, i know what they can do."

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2020 7:41:44 GMT
June Fair Avatar
Her luck seemed to be getting better and better, this was a nice change of pace alright!

”Oh you don’t have to worry me I’m not trying to get like a lock of his hair or something like that I’m not mental.” She said with a wave as if to shoo away the very thought of her being some sort of rabid fan girl.

”All I want to do is challenge the bloke to a battle, like a sparring match. Figured I’d go straight to him and ask instead of wasting my time on some middleman who’d tell me that they’d ‘get back’ to me on that.” As she did earlier, June crossed her arms but this time she tilted her head to the side, giving the man’s skeptical look a curious one in response.

”So what’re you? His personal groupie wrangler? Sheesh! It seems like no matter where you go these gym leader types are treated like rock stars.” June sighed, shaking her head.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2020 6:37:09 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 not mental, huh? noah swallows dryly as if he were gulping down a hairball. the girl before him possesses spunk. a flair that reminds him of himself— but perhaps it is only natural. she seems close in age, and noah stills pops like a firecracker at new year.

"well, kyle is basically a rock star, man." noah tightens the knit of his arms and swells his chest out like a shield. "more than that, actually. he's my boyfriend."

the confession disarms him and his arms fall slack. he reaches into his pocket before fishing out a pokeball. tossing it up and down from an open palm, noah hums.

"he's not gonna be here for awhile, which like, sucks for the both of us." a smug look spreads across his face, gluing his lips to the corners of his cheeks. "buuuut, if you want, i can be his stand in. he trains me, so t-b-h, if you can't get through me, you won't stand chance with him."

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2020 16:35:41 GMT
June Fair Avatar
June started grinning from ear to ear; she was really starting to like this guy. She couldn’t argue with his statement, even without the Elite Four status, Kyle had plenty of other accomplishments under his belt that made him known.

What she really didn’t expect was to run into his boyfriend, who else better to get in contact with the guy? But that would also mean that he’d know when Kyle was coming back the best as well, what a bummer. What made her start grinning like a fool was the bodyguard boyfriend’s challenge to a battle, now this was something she could get into!

The sound of battle even got June’s Boltund excited, the canine springing up from his seated position and took a prepared stance, ready to leap at a moment’s notice. ”Well aren’t you a cheeky bodyguard!” She laughed.

”Having an appetizer before the main course sounds like so let’s do this.” While they were both excited and eager to get to scrapping they first had to set some rules right?

”Let’s make a 3v3 singles match, that sound good?”

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 1, 2020 21:15:44 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "appetizer?" noah droops, his hands in clawed goblets as he weighs the degrading epithet unfavorably. "i'm more like the main course— and kyle's the dessert. uh, people like the dessert more, don't they?"

as he rummages through his jogging shorts, noah does not take his eyes off of her. the bodyguard can't help but be skeptical still. there's a chance she's simply scouting out the property: a burglar's first contact.

he'd have to make this quick.

"sure. my fave," noah pulls out a pokeball and closes the gate. he gestures to the lawn in front of the fences.

he tosses one ball skyward, and his unfezant flourishes its wings for flight.

"i'll be nice— and give you the first move. how about that?" noah grins.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2020 18:12:37 GMT
June Fair Avatar
She honestly didn’t expect him to get bent out of shape because of her appetizer comment. Maybe he took more pride into his strength as a trainer than she was thinking? Well if he is in fact the bodyguard to one of the elite four you had to be strong yourself right?

No point in having a bodyguard who was way weaker than you. Well she was about see as the bodyguard led her to a more open area for them to get this battle started. She wasn’t sure what to expect from him but an Unfezant was definitely not something she would’ve guessed.

But now the question was who to use against the flying type. Her decision was made for her when her Boltund stepped forward, eager to battle. The mutt might be a bit of a blockhead but when it came to battling it was a natural.

”Well how sweet of you, Mr. Main Course. I hope you don’t end up regretting this decision!” June replied. Before getting started she did a few little hops in place to get the blood flowing and to pump herself up.

”Alright Touma let’s start things going full throttle, use Wild Charge!” With the order given the canine takes off. As the Boltund increased in speed his body became shrouded in an aggressive aura of electricity.

The Boltund also wasn’t running or jumping straight toward the Unfezant but instead past both trainers and for the fences near the lawn.

The canine then quickly climbed up the fence and used it as a springboard to lunge himself straight towards the Unfezant in the air like a speeding electric missile.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 2:44:27 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 a boltund. he's reminded of the static that once tickled his hands. the sudden windy weave of blizzard— and the outpost. summer should be coming soon.

"a dog person? i like you already!"

noah rubs his hands together. a wild smile grows across his face— a newfound confidence now brimming through his trained form. he barks his commands and his sneakers shift firmly on the ground.

"detect. feather dance. time it right."

noah's unfezant dives downward to avoid the attack and releases a flurry of feathers to mask its position. its grey body disappears into the expelled plumage before arcs of razor winds (AIR CUTTER) soar toward the canine.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 4, 2020 16:48:34 GMT
June Fair Avatar
”No wonder he wanted us to make the first move. Touma, brace yourself!”

Their attack had missed in spectacular fashion. The cloud of feathers made it impossible for June to predict what and where the next move would be coming from which is why on a count of that she warned the canine to prepare for the worse.

The Unfezant had dove down avoiding the attack and leaving the Boltund open as the canine arcs through the air. The flying type’s attack made its mark, knocking the Boltund out of his trajectory and making for a rather abrupt landing.

June’s Boltund managed to land on his feet, though a bit shaky in keeping his stance, the Pokémon was still able to fight.

”Don’t let up! This time use Nuzzle!” The momentarily dazed Boltund took his head to regain composure before listening to his master’s commands, charging forward at the Unfezant yet again.

However this time the electricity dancing around the canine’s body was much less chaotic or threatening. The canine lunged for where the Unfezant had made its attack.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 7, 2020 1:12:38 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah's unfezant does not remain idle. for a creature of the air, it seems to practice footwork. the bird takes after noah's older habits and like a fighter in the ring, it does not stop moving.

as the unfezant dives forth to pursue the impact of its AIR CUTTER, the feathers peel away to reveal a leaping boltund—an electric comet whipping around a planet.

as the unfezant is struck, the bird squawks shrilly. PARALYZED, the unfezant's wings flap in awkward rhythms, like a puppet with tangled strings.

"so, are you a big fan of kyle too? are the rest of your pokemon dogs too?" noah throws a finger toward the boltund. "butler, your move! FACADE!"

the electricity crackles on its wings and intensifies as the unfezant swoops for the boltund, hoping to strike it with a powerful blow of its wings. as it dives, it strafes from side to side— the pink wattle surrounding its glare like an arrowhead.

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 9, 2020 5:02:45 GMT
June Fair Avatar
June smiled to herself as the gamble they made bore favorable results. Still neither Pokémon nor trainer were hesitant in their next move which June admired the spirit.

Her Boltund did not remain idle either, after the canine made contact with the avian Touma pivoted to face the Unfezant.

”Can’t say I’m the bloke’s biggest fan or anything and there’s no way I can compete with the crazy amount of mutts he’s supposedly got.” June replied, throwing her hand towards the Unfezant.

”Wild Charge again, Touma! Let's end this!” Again the Boltund’s body would be shrouded in an erupting erratic aura of electricity as it charged and lunged at the Unfezant.

The aftermath of using such a move was taking its toll on the poor canine, June knew she'd have to wrap this up with this attack.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,518 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 11, 2020 9:02:43 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 "finish it, butler!" the unfezant's pink tendrils flow behind it like festival banners.

like grinding stone, the winds sharpen the bird's beak at the peak of its dive. noah's fists tighten, his legs bent like his white knuckles.

but the unfezant's blitzkrieg grinds against gravel instead as the electric coils of PARALYSIS flatten its wings. the unfezant is blown back by the boltund's WILD CHARGE. when it lands, the unfezant does not stand back up.

noah recalls his pokemon with a shake of the head. "sorry buddy. that was unlucky." he claps his own face, hands like a hariyama's salted mitts. "aight. widow, you're up."

he tosses his ball and a crabominable, drooling from its stiff lip, punches its pincirs together.

"hey, not bad! you've been in the game awhile then?"

close tab

played by

Vibe

Sailor's Mouth
She/Her
Twenty-Two
April 3rd
Galar
N/A
League Officer
Sergeant
Single
95 height
95 height
awards
190 posts
June Fair DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @june
June Fair
The next best thing [c]
POSTED ON May 12, 2020 20:38:38 GMT
June Fair Avatar
June grit her teeth, watching as the two Pokémon of the opposing trainers charged at each other. The anticipation for when they would clash causing her heart to race.

The tension was thick which is why when the Unfezant’s charge fell through due to the paralysis inflicted on it early the young woman cried out in joy with a loud

”Yes!” There was nothing stopping the Boltund from meeting his mark. The two Pokémon collided and the Boltund was the one left standing.

”Yahoo! Oh that was brilliant, Touma!” Despite their victory it wasn’t all joy as the recoil from the Wild Charge took its toll on the canine.

”Hey there buddy can you still fight?” June ran over to the mutt, who had given her a reassuring nod. The two looked over to Noah who had summoned his Crabominable.

A brow rose, why was it named Widow? The first few thoughts that popped into her mind as to why it was named that made her think it was better not to ask and let it go.

”You’re not too shabby yourself, ya know!” She smiled, stepping back to the safe distance she was before.

”You’re dealing with someone who’s made it all the way to Galar’s Champion Cup!” June boasted but she was leaving out the part where she then proceeded to royal screw up and ended up getting knocked out in the first round.

”I’ll let you have the first move this time!”