hiding in plain sight [dw]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2020 17:18:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

It's a beautiful day and that's the exact reason Avery finds herself exploring route 124. The concept of being jumped by intimidating wild Pokemon doesn't really occur to her because she figures if she stays to the beaten path and keeps her Lucario close to her she should be safe.[break][break]

That and she's too trusting to really worry about being attacked. Wild Pokemon generally only attacked if they were frightened or hungry - and she always brought snacks. [break][break]

Something catches her eye, however, and the woman stops nibbling at the dried berry in her hand to look at it closer. [break][break]

"Hey, Lucario! Check it out, it's a Dunsparce!"[break][break]

She had yet to find one for herself or hatch one, so she was pretty amazed to find one out in the wild. [break][break]

With a treat extended, she begins to approach what she mistaken assumes to be a wild Pokemon. Lucario makes a noise akin to confusion as he moves to stop her, clearly not convinced that the aura he's reading belongs to anything Pokemon-like.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]@kaede

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2020 20:10:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The sweet, intoxicating scent of adventure was fresh in the air. A brand new day and a new route in order to meet new Pokémon to hopefully, catch, catalog, and later study. In order to do so, the young lass, Kaede… had a slightly unusual way of, how to say, blend in.

To her left lay a rocky pathway that led further into the route. Her suitcase complete with a partner, snoozing delicately on top, parked to one side. As she was already in costume, there was currently little need for a change of clothing.

Her outfit was almost identical to her catnapping partner. White, with two tiny wings on the back, a long tail which led down to a drill-like point. Large white circular eyes forming a hood which fell over and hid her face from sight

At least when she was flat on the ground, it gave a good impression of a real Dunsparce.

After all, she had plenty of time to study the real thing. Noodles let out a low yawn, opened an eye to watch it’s master duck down and flatten herself into the salty, sand-strewn rock. Before, closing them once more and falling back into a doze.

It had been about half an hour and not a single Pokémon had yet appeared to greet her. Kaede was beginning to lose spirit until…

A faint and difficult to hear voice drew close. Possibly a girl’s voice. From the angle in which she was positioned, thanks to being in ‘Dunsparce’ mode. She could not catch sight of the owner of the voice. As they drew closer, the girl’s words became clear.

This girl had a Pokémon partner of her own and had caught sight of her – actively presuming that she was a real Dunsparce.

Fearing attack and possible Pokéballs thrown at her head. Kaede slowly tilted her head up, away from the cold ground.

“I can explain,” she muttered slowly, her voice low and slightly embarrassed. “Well, I think...”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2020 18:57:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Avery hesitates right before getting closer, suddenly realising that there isn't just one, but two Dunsparce! And the first is significantly larger than the second. She blinks, rubbing her eyes as if to try and make sense of the situation. Surely there was no way they could grow that large?[break][break]

That is, until the Dunsparce began to turn around and a voice that spoke English revealed itself under the Dunsparce hood. Avery startles, gasping in shock and stumbling backward and into the open arms of Lucario. The aura Pokemon steadies her before staring at the pair.[break][break]

"Oh my goodness! You startled me. My, that outfit is very convincing, I totally thought you were a real Dunsparce!"[break][break]

The strangers inclination to 'explain' is lost to her - Avery isn't at all concerned it seems![break][break]

"Are you imitating a real Dunsparce? That's amazing!"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2020 21:01:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar

A little embarrassed being caught out like this, Kaede stood up. As she did so, the Dunsparce-inspired hood fell, revealing a length of shoulder-length turquoise hair. Rosy cheeks, a side effect of the situation and shimmering but slightly stern-looking eyes.

“Right. I’m just a… I’m just normal, y’know?” She shrugged slightly and tugged her hood back up. “But, yes. I was imitating… Dunsparce,” Kaede muttered, turning her head, away from the girl. As she did, she caught sight of the Pokémon that stood at the girl’s side. Her mouth dropped slightly.

“No way, is that a Lucario?” Her embarrassment vanished in a second and was replaced by sheer excitement.

With stumbling fingers, Kaede reached down into the suitcase and extracted a leather-bound book from the very front compartment. With a flash of lead, Kaede began to draw the outline of the Lucario on the very first page. “I’ve never seen a real Lucario before. They’re supposedly very in tune with a type of internal energy that some people have called Aura… or so I’ve read.”

“This is very exciting,” she muttered, more to herself than to the girl. “Aura… Pokémon… Lucario. Met on Route 124. Owned by a trainer...” Kaede said, out loud, as she was writing notes under the sketch.

“I never asked your name,” holding the pencil up in the air, as if waiting for a reply so she could write it in. “My name is Kaede. Kaede Mochizuki and that’s my partner in crime, Noodles.” she nodded her head. Still perching on the suitcase, Noodles opened one eye upon hearing his name mentioned but soon closed it once again.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2020 20:23:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Avery is pleasantly surprised to see the face of a bright young girl in front of her. Turquoise hair falls out from under the Dunsparce-inspired hood and Avery smiles, not at all aware that she might be uncomfortable.[break][break]

"Like a normal... type? That's so sweet and funny! Your imitation was amazing, honestly, I absolutely had no idea."[break][break]

But she soon follows Kaede's attention to the Lucario at her side, who appears equally surprised to be admired. Avery giggles, covering her mouth delicately as her Lucario is fawned over and even drawn.[break][break]

In spite of himself, the Lucario stands as still as he can while the girl draws him. Avery watches for a moment, beaming with pride, before she nods along with Kaede's understanding of the Pokemon.[break][break]

"Yes, that's right! He's very good at picking up emotions and.. aura.. as you said! I'm still learning about him myself but he's very impressive!"[break][break]

The woman giggles again as she writes down key points of the encounter, but she raises her eyebrows when she asks her name. The daycare lady tilts her head curiously, a smile still pressed to her cheeks.[break][break]

"Oh! My name is Avery Collins, and this is just Lucario - I haven't decided on a name yet."[break][break]

Her attention turns back to the girl's Dunsparce. [break][break]

"It's a pleasure to meet you both!"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,887 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2020 21:40:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD RELICANTH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]YAWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEAD SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DIVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] & @kaede

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD POLIWHIRL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WAKE-UP SLAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BELLY DRUM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAIN DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYPNOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] & @kaede

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 21:27:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

A moment of silence is shed between them and, while Avery turns to the sound of splashing water and a beached Relicanth, by the time she would return, the young girl would be gone. [break][break]

Avery's attention is otherwise sapped entirely by the strange, ancient fish Pokemon. It flops about uselessly on the mossy grass, unable to wiggle its way back into the depths. It's only with the aid of the young woman that it manages to gasp a mouthful of water. It lays at the bottom of the pond for a while, sides heaving with the effort of nearing drowning on air.[break][break]

"Are you alright?"[break][break]

Avery whispers quiet prayers, sitting by the waters edge until she's certain the Pokemon is back to normal. Of course, the moment she turns around she's met with a splash of water down her back. She gasps, turning to see the Relicanth had returned. In it's effort to keep her close it had beached itself yet again. But instead of allowing Avery to push it back into the water it remains pressed to her hands. [break][break]

"What's going on?"[break][break]

It takes a long time for the woman to put the pieces together and several attempts to rescue the poor fish before she realises the Relicanth is insistent on following her. As a result she ultimately opts to capture the poor thing, planning a spot back home where it can thrive.[break][break]

capture attempt on RELICANTH

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,887 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 21:49:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]YOU CAUGHT RELICANTH!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]YAWN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEAD SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DIVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"]YOU RECEIVE 10 PD!

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing