snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 5, 2020 21:21:09 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b]the halls of devon corp are vast and confusing but somehow, she manages to find her way to their destination. behind her trail two automatons, one more muted in color than its pubescent companion. deus is surprisingly contained today. perhaps it feels the need to act more mature in the presence of custos. the younger automaton needs a good role model, after all, but it's a stark contrast to how they act when they're alone. oh well. she won't complain too much. better to be on their best behavior than causing a ruckus in such an institute.

"i think this is it?" she murmurs, one hand fidgeting with the hem of her skirt at her side. this whole place is too big for her to even attempt to believe she actually knows where she's going. although, alexander should be waiting in one of these labs... it's just finding the right one that's a little difficult.

a sigh escapes before she's leaving her skirt alone to gently rap knuckles against the door. "hello?" comes a moment later and she's flushing, suddenly nervous that she's managed to find the wrong lab again. "it's, um, illeana." her hand falls back to her side to resume fidgeting. this time, however, she's taken to smoothing over the fabric of the dark red skirt. no wrinkles are to be found and yet, she's meticulous in making absolutely sure there's none. briefly, she had considered wearing something different. jeans and a sweater seemed more appropriate but she has appearances to uphold now. in the end she settled upon the skirt and a cream sweater but between the high boots and stockings, it seems too flashy for a scientist. ugh. behind her, custos rumbles curiously and she's turning to offer the golett a smile, attention drifting away from the opening door.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 6, 2020 17:56:00 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he would have gone upstairs to greet her in person if he had known she had arrived. but he doesn't. and so he continues his dive deeper into his work and research that has been keeping him busy. he had been a bit too eager to wait and while he knows he should've been a bit more patient, he just couldn't help himself. when the opportunity is right there he just needs to reach out and seize it. and that's exactly what he does: he reaches out to give the oddly-colored elekid a pat on his head. 

"can you stand still for me please, kible?" his request is met with resistance and even a little bit of static that zaps at him. he's forced to pull his hand back to avoid being shocked even more. "that's not very nice." the elekid crosses his arms and pouts, to which alexander simply chuckles in amusement. "you can play right after this. come on, it won't hurt." it takes a moment for the elekid to finally agree but eventually he drops his shoulders and opens his mouth. "thank you." he gets the swab without any further issues.

before he can do anything else he's pulled away by a few knocks on the door. it isn't until he hears her voice does he realize just how long he's been down here. "one second!" he responds as he picks kible up under his bulky arms and lowers him off the table. his heart does a little skip as he makes his way to the door and opens it. "it is so good to see you, illeana." his words flow naturally as he reaches forward to hug her. his mind is racing with thoughts and emotions and he has to remind himself to take a step back. "i'm sorry, i did not know you had arrived. i hope it wasn't too troublesome to find me." 

and then there's a bark that comes from behind him, and from under his legs a poochyena pokes her head through and gazes up at illeana. "ah, i took your advice. her name is india."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 7, 2020 1:24:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b]she's already flushing a soft pink by the time his voice reaches her ears. both automatons rumble excitedly to one another, filling the empty hall with chatter. it continues for a moment before the door opens and they fall silent as statues. huh, funny... she hadn't known them to be shy before. a questioning glance is shot over her shoulder toward the discolored golurk. deus really is on its best behavior, apparently.

and then, she's turning her attention back to the man in the doorway just as he's speaking and sweeping her up into a hug. a bout of giggles escape her at the contact, a rush of butterflies following soon after. "it's really nice to see you too," she murmurs, settling against his body with ease. her heart sounds so deafening with his arms around her and she's almost certain he could hear it himself. he pulls back after a moment with a slight loss of warmth and an apology. "oh, no, it's okay! i probably should have called," she's quick to wave a hand, a smile gracing her lips. "it wasn't too much trouble! did i interrupt you?" illeana takes the opportunity to sweep her gaze across the room. it doesn't travel very far, however, as a bark immediately draws her in and holds her attention.

"oh, what a cutie!" the woman coos. behind her, deus rumbles out a similar sentiment and she can practically feel the need to pet the poochyena radiating from her automaton. she bends to get closer, gingerly offering a hand toward india before her eyes drift up toward alexander. "she's adorable," her smile is wider now as both deus and custos direct their full attention to india. "i totally get why you wouldn't be able to get any work done with her around," a playful tone overtakes her words and before she can stop herself, she's giggling. "i'd curl up on the floor with her right now if i could." screw the research, puppy cuddles are always a top priority. as if agreeing with their trainer, the automatons coo in unison and custos is the first one to step forward with a clay hand inching toward india. the movement draws illeana's attention away and she's turning to flash an encouraging smile toward her golett. "you've already met deus but this little one is custos!"

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 7, 2020 18:40:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it isn't until he's pulled away from the hug that he even realizes the intimacy that accompanies it. his mind calms a bit and his focus shifts onto her almost like he's drowning and she's his lifeline. the thoughts in his head calm as warmth takes over; a familiar one, one that he adores. "kind of. but i really don't mind." 

india's bark pulls him away before he has a chance to clarify. he peers down and sees the poochyena between his legs. he lifts his leg and takes a step to the side, which in dog language must have meant 'go' because that's exactly what she does: she pounces forward and crashes into illeana's hand before rolling onto her back to expose her belly. her tail sweeps the floor as it wags.

"she was actually behaving herself before this." 
his eyes glance to the two automatons behind her and it's almost adorable how they seem to be so respectful. or maybe they're just shy. either way, he gives deus and custos the same wave deus had done on the beach and smiles at them. "they are adorable," he comments as he watches india roll back onto her feet to nuzzle against custos' hand. 

he hears the sound of static coming from behind him. "oh and this is kible." the elekid stands behind alexander's leg; his two bulky arms grasping onto his trainer's leg as he peers on curiously. kible eyes the larger automaton with intrigue and perhaps even fear. alexander recognizes it instantly and lowers himself to a knee, turning his body to face kible as he does so. "it's okay, deus is really friendly. go say hi." kible shakes his head and stands still, which is a stark contrast to his cheeky nature from earlier. "sorry. i guess he's a little shy," he chuckles as he flashes a smile toward illeana.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 8, 2020 4:03:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b]his eyes shift to meet hers and that bubble from their previous meeting is back, blurring the world around them until it's just them and this moment. the intimacy of the embrace lingers despite the space with a familiarity that she can't help but crave. her cheeks flush a shade darker as warmth creeps up on her skin and she's matching it with a smile. it turns slightly sheepish a moment later as an apology rushes from her lips. "oh, i'm sorry!" a hand rises to fiddle with a strand of hair before she adds, "i definitely should have called. were you, um, making any progress?"

before he can explain or answer her question, the fluffy bundle of cuteness between his legs demands the entirety of her attention. the scientist is all too happy to oblige with a soft squeal of excitement. he shifts so the poochyena is no longer held back and once his feet settle against the floor, the puppy is rushing forward for lots of pets. "oh god," is she melting? she feels like she's melting at india. what a cutie! "i love her already." illeana's hand drifts to scratch at the exposed fur of her stomach, another coo escaping without hesitation. the notion that india would get along swimmingly with nugget rises a moment later. and then, a giggle follows as she's glancing back up toward alexander. "is it bad i hope she doesn't behave again?" realistically, they have work to do but india is too cute and she's a complete sucker for puppy dog eyes.

deus is the first of the duo to return the wave with the same amount of brightness it had shown back on the beach. custos soon follows suit after a slight nudge from the golurk. both offer similar coos toward the man before being drawn back into watching india. the poochyena rolls over back onto her feet before moving on from illeana to custos. she takes the opportunity to rise back to her full stature, fondness creeping onto her features at the sight of her golett happily petting a puppy. "sometimes they are," she murmurs with a laugh. "usually, they're more energetic but i think deus is trying to be a good role model for the little one." if they were home, she has no doubt in her mind that both automatons would be roping the rest of her pokemon into a big cuddle puddle on the floor.

the sound of static draws her away from her automatons, gaze sweeping toward alexander and the elekid at his legs. another cutie, she notices with a softer smile. it almost reminds her of a shy child hiding behind a parent's leg around strangers. the thought warms her almost as much as how he responds to the electric type. behind her, deus lets out a curious coo and a large hand begins to rise. she meets his hand with one of her own, a slight shake of her head halting the golem's actions any further. there's an unspoken understanding between the two, then, as if she recognizes deus' intentions in the air around them. really, she's just a little too used to its curious nature to not notice the differences in noises it makes. "it's okay," she murmurs, returning the smile with ease. her eyes shift from his toward the elekid and they soften further. "it's nice to meet you, kible." while custos busies itself with petting india, deus mirrors illeana's sentiments with another wave. it seems gentler in a way that she appreciates, as if the automaton is trying to be considerate of the electric type's hesitation. "is he normally shy?" an eyebrow quirks up slightly as she diverts her attention back to him.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 8, 2020 19:26:07 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he's already shaking his head when she starts apologizing. "no it's really no problem! i wasn't making much progress. i was just getting kible's dna sample." it's probably a good thing that she interrupted him when she did. he realizes now that he would have much preferred to have her here by his side researching together.

india demands attention and she's receiving it in full. she is loving every bit of it and he can tell by just how fast her tail wags. she lets out soft coos under illeana's scratches before jumping away to receive the same from golett. his heart is full of joy as he watches on. "just a little, but i'd definitely understand. she's trapped me multiple times before." it's the main reason why he doesn't bring her into the office.

he finds it very comforting to see the automatons emoting. it almost feels surreal in a way that he can't quite describe. all he can do is watch and admire. "the little one is lucky to have a role model like deus, then." he shoots the large golurk a smile.

there's an understanding that illeana shares with her golurk that impresses him. they understand each other even though nothing is said, and that's a quality that not many trainers have. he watches how she interacts with deus and how she seems to reassure him. it's then that he understands just how compassionate she is, and that warms him.

when illeana softens her voice to address kible, the elekid loosens his grip over his trainer's leg, perhaps calming down ever so slightly. deus gives them a much gentler wave which makes kible glance up at his trainer with a curious expression. "it's okay, kible." as if gathering up the courage, kible nods and steps just a little bit out to the side, just enough to return the wave, though his is much more shy. "not at all. he just has a hard time meeting new people." he gives kible one final pat on his head before standing up again. he gestures over to the table and then the various shelves that are full of equipment.

"ready to start whenever you are."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 11, 2020 2:38:58 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b]"oh," she murmurs. a moment later, a smile rises and she's glancing toward the equipment. "right! have you prepared it yet?" an eyebrow quirks upward when her eyes find their way back. now that she thinks about it, however, she comes to the realization that it might be more preferable to do it together. a learning experience even if he's not familiar with the process. the thought has her excited, really. sharing the realm of genetic research with another is always exhilarating but sharing it with him? words can't fully describe both the warmth and the delight that flutters in her body.

india's soft coos are met with ones of her own, the sounds mingling together in the air around them. it's cute and adorable and she can't get enough. fondness practically seeps from her pores as the poochyena's tail wiggles and wags faster. and then, custos is the next to experience the delight. "honestly," she murmurs, grinning a little wider. "she could trap me any day." her next victim, however, is custos and the little golett is more than happy to fall prey to her cuteness. illeana observes with a little extra warmth, something akin to both pride and affection swelling in her chest.

the larger automaton lets out a gentle rumble, as if agreeing with the sentiments alexander shares. both of them have their own strengths and weaknesses that seem to balance each other out. perhaps in a way, they were made for each other. crafted from the same halves of clay to find their way back decades later. fate or coincidences aside, there's an almost parental bond that deus shares with custos. it never fails to surprise her. "yes," she happily agrees with a bob of her head. "they're both lucky to have found each other."

a coo escapes deus, then, as the wave is shyly returned and she's softening further. the exchange pulls at her heartstrings, almost as much as the tender way he reassured kible. she can't help the way she melts a little, body flooding with more warmth than she thought was possible. "it's understandable," she replies. her lips curl and give way to a gentler smile, eyes drifting back toward the elekid at his legs. "meeting strangers can be scary for anyone." especially when the stranger in question happens to be as large and imposing as her golurk. realistically, deus wouldn't hurt a fly but she understands the hesitation all the same. to kible, the automaton is an unknown variable that could be capable of anything. caution is only logical.

"okay," she chirps a moment later, flashing him a warm smile. there's a slight shift, then, in the way her eyes focus on the equipment laid out for their research. a sort of intensity pools in charcoal, an excited determination normally reserved for science. it happens naturally, almost as easy as breathing, and she doesn't notice. instead, she's drifting closer toward the equipment, deus slowly following suit. the discolored golurk has seen this look one too many times to understand what gears are beginning to churn in her mind. a glance is directed toward alexander, a hand outstretched in his direction. "did you want to examine kible's sample first and then compare it to deus'? or should we get all the samples together first and go from there?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 11, 2020 17:02:49 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
his mind can't help but wander when she mentions luck and he relates it to them, to how they both found their way into this lab. was it coincidence that led to their paths crossing? he's not too sure. there are a lot of things he's unsure of and yet as he stands there in that lab with her, he's sure of one thing: he's happy she's here.

kible seems to have calmed down now as evident by the lack of tension in his posture. he no longer hides behind his trainer but he seems to be lingering close, never drifting too far from what he considers safety. india on the other hand is basking in the attention. she's lowering herself to the ground and pouncing back and forth with custos, which is her idea of playing.

there's a slight shift and he's quick to notice it. he watches the subtleties of how illeana seems to take in the room, the equipment, and how she drifts closer as if being drawn to them. he sees determination masked under intensity and honestly it's endearing. he drifts closer the same way she does.

"i think we should get all the samples first so we can get that step out of the way." he remembers never answering her question and quickly rectifies that. "i haven't prepared kible's sample yet but i have a sample of a regular elekid ready." he's already moving around the room to where he had left the swab and reaching into drawers for appropriate solutions to prepare the dna. it's almost natural how he manages to move around the room. "i'll prepare kible's and you can get theirs?" his eyes glance to the two automatons for a bit before drifting back to her.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 3:13:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b]luck, fate, right place at just the right moment in time. it all ends the same, with her and him and their happy little bubble. there's always been something about a lab, something about the feeling of knowledge at your fingertips. it's a special kind of thrill, one that she comes back to time and time again. and now, in this particular room, she's sharing that rush of adrenaline with him and it feels intimate, special, unique to them. a smile rises to her lips at the thought.

custos busies itself with dissolving into playtime with india. a series of chirps and coos escapes the golett and illeana can't help but spare glances toward the pair. fondness lingers in her features, from this display to kible sticking close to the safety alexander provides him. the room almost feels warmer somehow, affection filling every nook and cranny. behind her, deus rumbles low and content. the larger automaton can feel the shift in the air, the way the bubble ebbs and flows to make room for more. it enjoys this moment, this sense of ease.

idly, a hand drifts to smooth out the fabric of her skirt again, fingertips brushing against red as she moves. the allure of equipment draws her in, keeps her close like an old lover. she's at the whims of the pursuit now and perhaps she won't stop until she uncovers pieces of the puzzle. at least she's not alone in her endeavor. not anymore, anyway. he's joining her, believing in her, and that thought has her focus lessening. the intensity is still there, the determination still bursting from the seams. but her eyes drift toward him despite the pull of the lab equipment and there's a new desire nestling beside the old.

"good idea," she murmurs, the corners of her lips quirking upward. "how'd you get that sample?" did the scientists of devon co. assist him with that piece of data? or had he collected it himself? slight curiosity rises and falls away within moments, shifting in and out of focus. her eyes follow as he moves. there's a grace in the way he carries himself, in the way he's flowing around the room like water in a stream. "okay!" a bob of her head confirms her agreement before she's shifting around, gathering supplies into her hands without a second thought. scalpels, swabs, solutions, labels, pens and paper. and then, the final pieces she needs are drifting closer. deus lingers over her shoulder with unwavering interest, a constant presence of comfort in her peripheral. custos will need a little more direction but she can collect the golett's sample after deus'. "ready?" she whispers toward the discolored golurk, scalpel and swab prepared and ready in one hand. the other rises to gently pat at one of the large clay arms, soothing intentions fluttering in her fingertips. another moment later and she's chipping away a small fraction clay with a hum of reassurance. the sample is collected and transferred to sit in solution. one down, one to go, and she's shifting toward custos to repeat the process.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 13, 2020 18:02:19 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it has been so long since he was last down here and yet it feels so easy and natural to fall back into the rhythm of things. he soon loses himself to the pursuit of research. no thought has to be put into his movements as he flows around the room. "one of our scientists happened to have an elekid luckily and they were kind enough to provide us a sample." coincidence, luck, it doesn't matter. all that matters is this moment. it isn't long after that until he has all the necessary equipment neatly placed in front of him.

he reaches for the swab but stops himself when he sees her turn to her golurk. he had noticed briefly how effortlessly she seemed to move around the lab as well, and it's a genuine treat to watch her work. he's already smiling when she finishes collecting deus' sample. her words ring in his head as a reminder to appreciate every little moment. this is one he will remember.

when she turns toward custos he too turns his attention back to his work. he clips the tip of the swab and drops it into a little petri dish. a fair amount of solution is poured into the dish and he watches the purple soak into the cotton. while waiting he resorts to preparing the microscope off to the side only to be stopped by something tugging his leg. he looks down and sees kible with his bulky arms stretched up toward him. it brings a smile to his face and he easily obliges. he picks the elekid up and places him on an adjacent stool. "is it high enough to see?" he asks and kible nods. "good."

the other elekid's sample sits in between two glass slides, ready to be examined. a few moments pass and kible's sample is now ready to be examined as well. "the elekid samples are ready." he looks up toward illeana. "do you need my help?"
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2020 2:42:13 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b]"oh," she murmurs with a smile flashed in his direction. "that was nice of them!" with both the discolored samples and the normal samples, they should be able to get to the bottom of this phenomenon. and, with some luck, maybe even learn a few things in the process. part of her is grateful for the opportunity and the other half almost wants to stay here in this moment forever. it has little to do with scientific breakthrough, however, and more to due with him but that's water under the bridge right now.

deus rumbles when she moves away from the golurk, a soft sound that almost reminds her of a call. it's effective in gathering all of custos' attention. the smaller automaton coos back and gathers itself off of the floor. india pouts at first before bouncing after the golett toward its trainer. her smile widens at the sight, warmth spreading throughout her body. such a cute pair. it'd be a shame to separate them, really. "ready, little one?" she coos. custos returns the coo in kind and she's stepping closer to it without a second thought. her scalpel is ready, swab sticking close to the tool. clay is scrapped off and while custos reacts with slight movement, it's relatively painless to collect the sample she needs. at the golett's feet, india almost waits patiently for illeana to finish. and once the sample is deposited into its respective dish, the duo retreat back to playing. deus stays, however, to watch the scientist work.

while the samples soak up solution, she takes the opportunity to direct her attention back to alexander. he's in the process of finishing his own sample. that doesn't stop him from scooping kible up from the ground to give him a better look at what's going on. adorable, she muses. there's a fondness that lingers in her expression and perhaps it's the display or their bond or that flutter in her chest that causes it to grow. it continues to spread even when he turns toward her and her smile brightens in response. "no, i think we're good on my end!"

a glance toward her samples confirms it. they're ready to be transferred to a microscope. and so, she shuffles her workspace around to make more room for analyzing. both samples are slid into their respective spots in the microscope, practically begging her to take a peek. she won't, however, as this is something she wants to share with him. "ready to see what we find?" she calls to him, moving away from her station to drift closer to him. there's a shyness to her as she draws up to his side. "would you like to look at the elekid samples first and then the automatons?" excitement has begun to rise in her body and it shows in the way her fingers gently tap at the top of her thighs.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2020 18:11:58 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
excitement grows with every passing second. he feels it within him, almost bubbling to the surface as all the pieces start to fall into place. with both their samples ready, discovery is just right at their fingertips, waiting to be grasped. he makes sure to jot down a couple of bullet points to make sure he at least documents their possible findings. as much as he wants to stay in the moment with her, he feels it to be imperative to the world of science. it only takes him a few moments however until he's finished scribbling notes. 

he drifts closer to her the same way she does and he can practically feel the heat between them. "ready," he affirms with a smile. he reaches for the elekid samples but stops short after another moment of thought. he turns back to look at her. "let's look at the automatons first." he feels like he has deus to thank for bringing them together today. so he offers the automaton a warm smile before helping her set up the microscope. when the glass slides are in place and ready, he flicks a switch and gestures to the microscope.

"you should be the one to look first." not that it matters in the big picture, but it feels right. this is her project after all, and he's here to support her. he waits patiently, hoping that their findings will lead somewhere. but then again, even if it doesn't, they'll always have this moment, and that's more than enough for him.

"what do you see?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 15, 2020 2:16:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b]warmth lingers in the space between them and part of it is unbearable in a way she faintly recognizes. it's pulling like gravity and she wants to give in, wants nothing more than to get rid of any space. she can't, however. not yet, perhaps not even today. there's so much to do, so many things to be discovered right here in this very room. anything else will simply have to wait.

she flushes at his smile, returning it with a shy one of her own. "are you sure?" her eyes dart toward deus for a moment, the automaton in question cooing toward alexander. it returns the warmth of the smile with a blissful wave. while the golurk isn't fully able to express emotions in the same way as they can, it still manages to get the point across all the same. deus is happy, content, warm. it's glad to be here, to be with him and his pokemon. the thought brings more warmth to her than she'd care to admit. "thank you," she murmurs as he helps her set up the microscope. the glass slides for each sample are firmly clicked into place, secured beneath the lens, and ready for a peek.

a bob of her head follows the click of a switch, the offer for her to go first sending her heart fluttering. excitement bubbles until it can't grow any further. it's almost dizzying, really. the thought of discovery, of finding something that has never been touched by others before, is a certain kind of euphoria some might not understand. he does, however. he even causes that feeling to grow, fueling the fire with support and encouragement. subconsciously, she drifts close enough that their arms touch as she leans into the microscope to feed that hunger for discovery.

"hm," she hums. "there's something off about one of the strands in the sequence. it doesn't match the normal helix." another look is taken just to be sure before she's pulling away. her eyes snap to his, a mixture of intensity and understanding swirling in their depths. "it should be complete and fully attached to the other half but it's not," slowly, she's beginning to grasp the notion a little more firmly. "deus' sample looks like it's broken in one part. it's almost as if that part of the sequence didn't form properly, like it's missing a protein that it should have. normally, that points toward a mutation within the genetic code itself." and then, her eyes dart toward the elekid samples. more answers lie within those, she just knows it. "if it is a mutation, then kible's sample should show the same missing part."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 15, 2020 19:31:31 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"i'm sure." the automaton returns the warmth with a blissful wave and it makes him smile in response. it's truly fascinating how the automaton is able to convey its emotions through simple gestures and actions. perhaps the wave catches kible off guard but the elekid returns it in full, waving with one hand that is accompanied by traces of a smile. it seems as though kible is starting to warm up to the large automaton.

the soft click of the microscope is almost deafening because he knows of the possible outcomes, and even though one of them is possible failure, it still excites him because it still means that they're discovering things no one has before. to share this experience with her is truly special, and it's one he hopes to cherish. "hm?" he echoes, curiosity getting the better of him. "really?" he waits until she's pulling away before taking a look for himself. he shifts even closer, arms touching, but he seems to be engrossed by what he sees. "i see what you mean." it takes him a bit more time because he's not entirely familiar with genetics, at least not on the same level as her.

when he finally pulls away he immediately looks at the elekid samples just as she does. "only one way to find out." he reaches for kible's samples and swaps out the glass slides. his touch is gentle as he adjusts the slides into the correct position. he takes a small step to the side, enough to allow her to look, but the thrill of it wills him to stay close to her. "tell me what you see." he's supportive. he wants her to succeed.
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,110 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
clever [c]
POSTED ON May 21, 2020 22:59:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b]her head dips in response, the soft rumbles of the discolored automaton behind her practically filling her ears. it grows slightly louder in volume until it dies off a moment later. and then, it's quiet save for the yips and coos from custos and india in the corner. they're still playing, still enamored with each other's high-strung energy. her gaze sweeps toward them for a moment, smile growing warmer by the minute. once kible returns deus' wave, however, she's finding herself focusing on the fading shyness. it brings about a certain fondness she can't place.

illeana's stepping away to allow him more space in front of the microscope. her attention is trained on him, on his reactions. does he see the same oddity she had? is it as noticeable for him as it is for her? perhaps... although, she supposes that could simply just be due to her background in the subject. her entire career is based upon what this little sample holds. the genetic structure held in a small glass slide. it's both baffling and incredible all at once. part of her wonders if there's more secrets to be unlocked within just that one slide but... she can't get ahead of herself. first, they can investigate this anomaly and then perhaps more.

he confirms what she had seen and she's unable to deny the way her chest fills with something. is it pride? nerves? curiosity? she can't tell.

alexander clicks the elekid samples into place before stepping aside. he allows her the first gander just as he had before, a kindness she almost giggles at. ever the gentleman, it seems. behind her, deus rumbles encouragement a beat behind alexander's own words. between the both of them, she isn't as hesitant, as unsure of herself. "let's see," she whispers. and then, she's leaning into the microscope with greedy eyes. perhaps it's hope that's propelling her forward or that urge to discover. whatever it is, she's more certain this time around. her eyes find the discrepancy almost instantly, as if now knowing what to look for. realistically, she had simply just made an educated guess as to where to look. the specific gene in question, one that lends itself to produce the coloring of a species, is easy to locate. charcoal darts between the two samples, just to be sure, before she's leaning back and seeking his eyes again. "it looks as though both samples from kible and deus have the same change in their structure. it looks a little varied but fundamentally the same." her mind is churning with this information. should she run with it? or take another look to confirm her suspicions?

in the end, she spares another glance before her lips are breaking into a bright smile. there's an almost palpable excitement to her now. "after looking at both of them and seeing the same kind of incomplete part of the helix," she has to stop herself to breathe. "i'm almost certain it's a mutation instead of what i originally thought to be a recessive gene. the way the color part of the dna isn't fully formed seems to be what causes the change in coloring for both pokemon. perhaps if i compare this data to my similar pokemon, i could compile a full report." oh god, this is so amazing! a flush overtakes her cheeks and she's a little too bouncy as she turns to fully face him. a hand gestures toward the microscope, then, with an inviting glance. "take a look! do you see it, too?"