snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 18:04:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]"still?" she murmurs, gaze trained on the hallway looming in front of them. horrors await and they're walking in blind... it's unsettling. the dread in her stomach increases with each step they take toward the basement. "maybe there's a pokemon blocking him out." another obstacle to take care of, she muses. as difficult of a choice as that could be, it would have to be done. they can't just wander in without knowing what's waiting there. it could be a trap and that thought has her stilling momentarily.

she follows alexander faithfully, almost blindly. their steps are light and soft although she's curious if they need to be as quiet as they are. the situation with the man back in the kitchen had been a bit loud, right? would they have already alerted anyone still within the building to their presence during that fiasco? perhaps but... perhaps not. she meets his gaze head on when he turns, head raising a little higher. they can do this. she can do this. right...?

galahad leads them down. illeana winces with each creaky step as if the noise could cut through the tension like a hot knife. neither of them make any sounds, any attempts at conversation pushed aside for focus. flammae keeps close to her heels with a brush of fur and a few wandering glances up in her direction. despite the gravity of the situation, the ninetales is a comfort. with the contents of that god awful fridge still fresh in her mind, she lets a hand wander back to gingerly pet her head.

and then, they're at a steel door and she's swallowing in an attempt to force back the sudden rise of even more dread from suffocating her. whatever horrors this basement contains... they're just beyond steel. the thought alone is enough to make her nauseous. and yet, when the door swings open and galahad steps forward, they're met with a brightly lit room. oh, and a zap cannon? she doesn't notice until alexander is calling out and galahad is bringing up a barrier with a quickness that could make her head spin. her footing wobbles at the commotion and flammae snarls at her side, tails curling protectively around illeana's legs as if they could keep her safe from harm. a nod of appreciation is first given to her faithful companion and then galahad and alexander, a shaky exhale coming a moment later.

only when the porygon-z is out of commission does she step forward. and it takes a beat, a pause, for her to utterly regret that action.

in the end, thoughts didn't do this justice. somehow, she had thought that her mind was supplying the worst imagery, the worst possible scenario. and yet, this is so much worse. like with the fridge, the first thing that jumps out is the smell. it's metallic and thick, far too familiar for her liking. a heavy mixture of blood and decomposition has her gagging and rushing to cover her mouth with her hands. "oh god," she croaks out. cages spread out across the floor in the back of the room, their contents long since deceased. each one looks more mangled than the last... different parts that definitely should not be on the corpses stick out in odd angles. it... it almost looks like they kept trying to create a chimera, a hybrid of species. she recognizes some of the pokemon they used to be. a ralts with the tails of a vulpix lays limp in the far corner and her eyes can't stop wandering back to it.

she has to turn away, has to tear her eyes away. looking any longer is just torture. her stomach churns and she's retreating from the room with another gag, ready to paint the floor outside with her lunch.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 17:53:41 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]alexander turns to look at her as soon as the blinding flash of the ZAP CANNON dissipates, and when he sees that she is unharmed, he manages a sigh of relief. relief that is only temporary as focus shifts back to the room in front of them. he already knows what lies ahead and though he would rather turn and walk away, duty and justice compel him to stay.

no amount of prepration could lessen the absolute disgust he feels at what remains in the room. the stench is overwhelming and he has to bring his shoulder to his nose just to stay composed. his movement is slowed as if he's being weighed down. it isn't until he notices something in the cages does he burst forward. he steps in front of galahad, positioning himself between the psychic-type and the cages. 

"don't look." 

but galahad senses the disturbing emotions that lingers on alexander's mind. his soul. he attempts to take a step forward but is stopped by a hand to his chest.

"you don't want to see this, friend. trust me." 

stubbornness must be a trait they both share. galahad pushes through but before he has a chance to have a clear look at the contents of the cages, a beam of red shoots out at him and saves him from the despair.

tears well up in his eyes and he's not sure if it's from the sight, the stench, or both. he finds himself holding his breath more so than usual and as illeana retreats from the room, he braces himself and wills forward. he spares each of the cages an investigative look, not sure what he was hoping to find, before taking multiple steps away from them. soon, he also leaves the room.

"illeana—"

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 19:51:39 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]everything feels like time has slowed to a halt. alexander moves in front of her but even his movements look sluggish, off balance, as if this entire room is a different realm entirely. it's unsettling but a room filled with nightmare fuel would do that to anyone, really. she tries to swallow the feeling away but it lodges in her throat, thick and constricting. between the stench and the sight, she's not sure which is worse anymore. perhaps both...

alexander and galahad fade into the background like white noise, present but fuzzy and not quite distinguishable around the sight in front of her. try as she might, she can't seem to rip her eyes away from the contents of cages. how long have they been there? how long did they suffer? the thought brings tears bubbling over her waterlines, streaking down her face in glistening paths beneath the overwhelming lights.

and then, she's drifting toward the lifeless ralts in the corner, gagging as the stench grows in power the closer she gets. "i'm so sorry," she whispers and it comes out like a whimper, broken and frayed. the poor thing... all of these poor creatures. they suffered, more than likely terrified and hopeless that help would ever come. and with that thought comes the painful revelation that they were too late to protect them, to save them, to be their hope. instead, they perished cold, distorted, and alone.

she's scrambling from the room a moment later, unable to hold back the bile in her throat any longer. the scientist doesn't even fully make it out of the steel door frame before she's heaving, a hand throwing itself to the wall in a feeble attempt to steady herself. she tries to compose herself afterwards, tries to wipe the evidence from her mouth but it merely happens again and she's wincing, lowering herself into a crouch and settling her head in her hands until his footsteps near.

the uttering of her name draws her attention away from the dirtied floor and she's grimacing, not quite meeting his eye. "i'm sorry," she whispers. behind him, flammae lingers by the stairs, watchful but hesitant to step closer and into the mess. instead she keeps guard, a constant presence of attempted comfort. it falls short this time but after seeing what they've just seen... anything would. "i -- i didn't think it'd be that bad..."

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 7:38:15 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]the putrid smell of vomit is masked by an overwhelming sense of numbness. the ringing in his ears goes silent after a while as he attempts to regain his bearings. the sight of flammae lingering by the stairs, guarding them, is reassuring.

"me neither." 

distractions will keep him afloat as they always have. he pulls out his phone, taps a few times, and brings it up to his ear. 

"stone and reyes. all clear. send the team in." 

it'll take them a while but perhaps that's not such a bad thing. his expression hardens as he spares a glance back into the room. the sight of what remains of the ralt still lingers in his mind. he can only hope to rid it for galahad's sake. breathing, he reaches a hand out to her arm. 

"be careful, illeana. i know how easy it is to feel hatred for those responsible. don't let it consume you, no matter how difficult it might be." 

as soft as his words are, their weight holds all the same.

[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 17:52:06 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]it takes her longer than she'd like to compose herself. her chest is still heaving with the thrumming of a rapid pulse and a strong sense of needing more oxygen and fast. it feels like panic, like anxiety trying to snuff out whatever light is still held within. and it's almost as if it's winning.

his voice grounds her enough for her to let out a shaky breath, trembling hands rising to roughly run through messy hair. she's aware of the thin layer of sweat on her skin, the way it sends a shiver down her spine as the damp coldness of the room finally settles around the heightened heat of panic. ugh, she's a mess. flammae shifts closer to them in the process, not close enough to brush against her trainer but alexander is within reach. and so, she's careful in her path, careful of the mess on the floor and the thick tension of the situation. the ninetales still presses into his legs with the notion that comfort is passed between body heat before she shuffles on, bundling herself into a ball of fur at illeana's back.

the presence of warm fur and understanding brings a barely there smile to the scientist's face.

the call he makes is barely heard between the way her heartbeat drowns out the sound of his voice and how she can still feel the contents of the room as if they're right next to her. she swallows back the urge to dry heave and instead tries to focus on something else, anything else. a savior comes in the form of flammae, in running shaky hands through her silky fur. at least, until his hand settles onto her arm.

somehow, she despises the way she tenses at the touch, at fingers she's comfortable with. it's involuntary and yet she winces all the same, dragging her eyes away from the floor and tilting her head until she's finding his own. "i," she has to stop to pause, to swallow around the sudden dryness of her mouth. it tastes bitter and vile, much like that room. "how can anyone not let that consume them?" and while she expects it to come out broken, it escapes more as curious and lost than anything. how can someone come face to face with horrors like that and not let the anger, the disgust, the hatred drown out everything else? her eyes leave his as she turns, shifting away from the floor and toward her ninetales. the fox welcomes the contact, the way arms snake around her fur without hesitation. as she whispers to him, she presses closer into the comfort her pokemon provides. "i want them to pay for what they've done."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 5:26:00 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]the blinding white light that flickers in the room leaks out into the small vestibule. despite that, it still feels dark around them, and he cannot help but narrow his eyes as a response. perhaps he's too late. perhaps the seed planted in her has long sprouted.

"will you be the one making them pay?"

alexander leaves her with a simple question that carries a heavy implication; an implication he leaves up to her to unravel. it foreshadows more than he realizes in the moment.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 17:11:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]narrowed eyes meet her admittance and she's coming to the understanding that the sentiment isn't shared. that concept alone has her rising to her feet as if standing at her full height will make this any easier. it won't and she's stuck steadying her legs, refusing to give in to the way they wobble.

"if that's what it takes for those pokemon to have justice," she murmurs. there's not technically any bite in her words. instead, it lies in the way her gaze fixes on him, normally expressive features suddenly lacking. a hardened exterior is what she gives him, the usual softness practically evaporating between them.

she keeps a distance, arms moving to cross over her chest. "is it wrong to want their murderers to pay? they suffered alone, probably wondering if they'd ever make it out of here." blood for blood, an eye for an eye. the suffering they inflicted on these pokemon... she would give them a taste of their own medicine if she could. and perhaps she just might.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 17:28:44 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]there is bite in the way she looks at him but he stands his groud no matter how difficult it may be. her hard exterior pains him but the situation calls for it. he carries a mask of his own but he refuses to slip it on. 

"they will pay. just not in the way you want them to." 

alexander suddenly becomes far too aware of the distance between them, of how tension seems to hold in the air. he tenses as a response.

"it is not up to us to decide what justice is. we have systems in place for that. laws. ignoring them would make us no different." 

breathing, he softens his expression.

"we can't just play the role of executioner."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 17:44:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]faintly, she's aware of the tension she's driving through them. it's like a knife, separating them onto two opposite sides. and she hates the way it feels, the way it's so wrong and uncomfortable but she refuses to back down. instead, she meets his opposition head on.

"and what if they don't?" an eyebrow raises almost expectantly, as if he should have already thought of this. what happens if they slip through the cracks and never pay for their crimes?

she wants to scoff, wants to even laugh. and yet, nothing happens but the scrunching of a nose and the scrutiny of a look. it's painful, she realizes, to react to him in such a way. but... she's stuck on the concept that cruelty can avoid the laws put into place. her own experiences with it have led her to such a view, shaped her into this warped sense of righteousness.

"i doubt it'd make us similar to them," she murmurs but there's hesitation in it, as if she half sees his point and half refuses it. "what they did... the law's version of justice isn't enough to bring back those pokemon."

her shoulders tense at the softening of his expression. part of her wants to give in and soften in response but she tries to steel herself anyway. it half works and the expression he receives is pained, torn, almost confused. "why not? they deserve it, alex."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 17:56:20 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]no answer is given to her question. mistakes will happen. people will slip through the cracks and avoid paying for their crimes. it has happened in the past and will continue to happen in the future. his reaction reflects the grim reality of it.

what she speaks of is murder. he refuses to say it outright for their sake but the fact lingers in the depths of his mind. the expression he receives looks to break him down but he refuses to let it.

"that's not up to you to decide."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 18:09:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]the lack of an answer almost makes her want to bristle, want to give in to anger and rage and hatred. allow it to fuel her, consume her, destroy her. and yet, more than that, it makes her sad. those who commit horrifying crimes don't always pay for what they've done and that, in itself, is almost worse than the actions themselves.

"if not me, then who?"

who will decide what they deserve? if not her and not him, then who? and even if they do decide, will it be enough? her nails dig into her palms, fists clenching until blood pools in crescent moon shapes. something shifts in her and she's fixing him with a look that might just be worse than the last. it's one of mild disbelief, tinged with hints of betrayal that she tries her hardest to hide. they seep through the cracks anyway because she's never been good at masking her emotions, at hiding the hurt. "how can you be okay with that? how is any of this okay?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 18:19:16 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]"a judge. a jury." 

sometimes it's not enough. the clenching of her fists goes unnoticed under the cover of darkness. he focuses on her expression, on the betrayal that seeps through her mask. it hurts.

"if those responsible for this were here right now, if they were restrained upstairs in the kitchen, what would you do?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 18:32:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]she offers nothing to what he supplies. the answers he gives her don't rid her of the anger, the sadness. they merely make it worse and she chooses to focus on something else instead.

a frown settles as he avoids what she asks, deflecting and shifting into another question. it leaves her a little puzzled, a little torn. she hadn't necessarily thought that far ahead. wanting them to pay is different from actually having the chance to do so. she shifts her weight on her feet, eyes darting to the wall. charcoal darken and thoughts swirl but she comes up with nothing.

"i don't know," she answers honestly because she still doesn't but it tastes bitter. would she do to them as they did to those pokemon? would she even have the stomach or the nerve to do so? honestly... she probably wouldn't but that might be lost between them. her eyes drift back to him and they narrow, almost accusatory. "what would you do?" somehow, she knows the answer but she wants to hear it with her own ears.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 18:42:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]alexander finds her answer troubling if only for one reason: her decision affects not only her but those around her. she should know this. 

"you have to know before you allow those emotions to consume you."

she asks another question and they both know his answer. he meets her gaze, accusatory in nature, and delivers a truthful response no matter how much it might upset her.

"i would trust the system and arrest them."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 18:54:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]there's differences between them that have never been highlighted more clearly than in this moment. where he is masks and schooled expressions, she is heightened emotions and repressed anger. there are certain things she would do to certain people, in response to specific scenarios. and while he doesn't fully know the circumstances behind her reactions, she doesn't know his.

"well," she begins, tone sounding a little more clipped than she intends. "i'm sorry i don't know how to handle this." it almost sounds spiteful and she winces, sighing a moment later and running a hand through her hair. quietly, she adds, almost like an afterthought, "we both know i wouldn't be able to go through with it anyway."

even though she knew the answer, expected what he would say, it still stings a little. and so, she avoids that fact and glances away, once again finding the damp wall. "the system doesn't always work." and perhaps she is a testament of that.