twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 19:06:18 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]a soft sigh escapes him as he regards the tone of her words. it's spiteful and he hates that. frustration builds in him as a response and he finds himself breathing another sigh.

"it doesn't. but it provides order in an otherwise chaotic world. and for that reason, we need it." 

the silence that envelops them is almost comforting. he looks at her again, this time wearing a look of genuine concern.

"i just don't want to see you or anyone else getting hurt in your pursuit for justice."

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 23:13:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]he breathes out sighs and she's allowing her eyes to flutter shut, to attempt to quell the emotions that run rampant beneath her skin. it's difficult to control them, to keep them at bay. a hand rises to pinch at the bridge of her nose as if her sinuses could really put a halt to the feelings she has. it won't and a moment later, her hand retreats, falling back to her side.

"you're right," she mutters and it shouldn't feel like defeat but it does. he's simply providing sound reasoning that she shouldn't spit on but there's always a degree of difficulty with accepting it. while it comes from a good place, the voice of reason doesn't always quell anger. sometimes, it merely fuels it.

illeana breathes out a sigh into the silence only for it to fade out of existence a moment later. her eyes abandon their focused spot on the damp wall to find his as he turns to look at her. the expression he wears effectively knocks most of the wind out of her heightened emotions until she's almost crumbling. concern morphs his features and from where she's standing, she can recognize the realness of it all. and somehow, it stings a little with a pain she doesn't understand.

"i know," she murmurs and part of her wants to close the distance between them, the wide gap that shouldn't belong. and yet, she stays rooted in place, almost as if she's afraid of what will happen if she does. "i've survived worse." what's more scars? at least those wouldn't be embedded into her skin with abuse, neglect, failure. her eyes begin to avoid his again as if they expect him to display open disappointment at her answer. her gaze settles onto the floor but she continues anyway. "i wouldn't want to put others through that, though. especially not you."

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 7:39:32 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]the seed of curiosity is planted in him and it will soon sprout. its roots will grow and spread like a disease until it overwhelms him, until he has no other choice than to give in. what little he knows of her past will change. he will come to learn. he will come to understand. even if he has to do it in secrecy.

no disappointment is expressed in the way alexander looks at her. it's something more akin to empathy. he doesn't fully understand the extent of her words yet but he will. for now, he simply exhales and nods.

"i'm not sure if i could survive that." 

it can only escape as a whisper. his fears have always been kept to himself but perhaps this one needed to be said for their sake. his phone vibrates in his pocket and he's reaching for it moments after.

"they're five minutes out."

[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 18:35:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]when her eyes find his, she's caught off guard by the lack of what she expected. instead of disappointment lies empathy, understanding, even comfort if she stares long enough. it disarms her enough for what he whispers next to fully leave a mark.

the gasp that leaves her is soft but it echoes, bouncing from wall to wall.

and that's all she needs to shift into movement, to finally cross over that distance between them. the pain seems to ebb away with each step she takes until she's reaching for him, bottom lip wobbling with barely contained emotion. "i," she tries and words don't line up right, don't place themselves into a sentence that she can even utter. instead, she's falling back into silence and the weight of his admittance presses against her shoulders. if she acts on her emotions, if she lets them guide her into darkness... she'll be doing nothing more than hurting him.

the realization has her crumbling.

"you won't have to," she breathes. and while her mouth opens to make promises she doesn't truly know if she can keep, the buzzing of his phone shuts it with the clicking of teeth. five minutes out. a soft sigh escapes and she's pulling away with a hand running through her hair. flammae shifts to her side without hesitation, crimson eyes only lingering on alexander for a moment. "should we wait outside?"

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 6:54:34 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]
the distance between them is closed and he finds himself reaching out for her even before she nears. it's involuntary, natural, and when he feels her in his arms again the emotions storming in him start to calm. it no longer pours but a drizzle is more survivable.

"thank you." 

she makes a promise they both know she might not be able to keep. but the sentiment stands all the same and it's soothing. he breathes relief and relishes the comfort she provides before pulling away.

"come on." 

it doesn't take long until the forenstic team arrives. they'll do their investigation, their tests, and will come to their conclusions. it's a problem alexander leaves for later, knowing that he'll have to revisit it eventually. for now, they focus on recovering. on healing.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 17:56:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]the contact leaves as quickly as it comes but the comfort it brings settles with no intention of fading. his breath of relief is matched with her own, breathed softly into his chest before she's untucking herself from him and adding that distance back into the fold. her hand brushes against his anyway, as if her emotions won't allow her to stay away for long.

"okay," she murmurs. the climb out of the basement is quick, quicker than it had been to even get down there in the first place. maybe it's the images of what lies down there that increases her steps, her hurry.

and then, she's gulping down the fresh air outside as if she's never been beyond the walls of that building. the forensic team gets to work, conducts their investigation, solidifies the findings. and somewhere within the wait, she finds her foot tapping against concrete with this incessant need to move. to do something, anything, to give an output for the pent up feelings.

it doesn't dawn on her that there's a crawling sensation to her skin. like someone's watching, waiting, holding in position for an opportunity they'll soon receive. she's oblivious to the figures that lurk in shadows, that lie above on tops of buildings, and maybe that's what ruins her.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 18:31:59 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]the eventual calmness of the situation eases him into a false sense of security. his first mistake is not having galahad by his side. the psychic-type's aura-sensing abilities have proven to be more than useful in the past. not having that ability opens up the possibility of being caught off guard.

his second mistake is assuming acceptance of those responsible. with the authorities on the scene surely they would not dare attempt anything. their lab has been seized and their work likely confiscated. but perhaps the sight of two league personnel outside the building is a tell that things have yet to wrap up.

alexander will not be allowed a third mistake. out of the shadows comes a swirling shade of purple. it shoots at him and he's unable to react in time. he instinctively reaches a hand down to his belt but the SPIRIT SHACKLE wraps around his body, binding him to the wall. his eyes immediately dart to illeana.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 18:52:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]illeana reyes lives perpetually in a false sense of security. even with the things she's been through, the nightmares experienced, it still doesn't darken the view she has. and perhaps that's what makes her such easy prey.

she doesn't see the threat looming until she turns, until she grasps the concept that alexander is rooted against the wall. shadows snake around his body, forming a makeshift prison. a gasp escapes and she's trying to step toward him, trying to reach him but she doesn't make it. instead, she's met with a different body. one made of feathers and looking a little too menacing for her liking. flammae bristles and opens her mouth to unleash a FLAMETHROWER. and despite the action, despite the attempt at protecting themselves, it still falls short.

a figure comes from behind and while apex predators have their eyes positioned to look in front of them, it always leaves their backs wide open.

her eyes connect with alexander's just as the strike comes. a shriek, a thud, and the pooling of blood against concrete comes a moment later and the ninetales that had been at her legs is shoved away by force. the fox tumbles toward alex, snarling and struggling to regain her barrings. her trainer's in danger, unconscious and limp against the ground. perhaps that's what prompts her to lunge back at the figure, sharp teeth already bared and out for blood.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 21:23:39 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]panic. dread. it all hits him the moment he feels the impact against his chest. it keeps him rooted to the wall, stops him from reaching for the pokeballs on his belt and in his pocket. it renders him useless in the moment; an observer, a victim. the shriek that follows is chilling.

"illeana–" 

desperation takes over. he does everything in his power to change the situation, to regain some semblance of control. he brings his feet together and in one swift motion, he clicks against his ankle and from it comes a flash of white light.

"ekka–help her!" 

the doublade immediately separates into two. one goes for alexander and slices with a SACRED SWORD at the shackles that restrain him. the other SNEAKS into the SHADOWS and reappears right above illeana, acting as her shield despite its form. it then sends a NIGHT SLASH into the shadows, creating enough space to allow alexander to rush over.

whatever is in the shadow can wait, no matter how foolish of a decision it may be. the other half of ekka rejoins and they stand guard as alexander falls to his knees beside her. "please, please–"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 4:25:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]blood pools beneath her body, spreading and staining against concrete. and while vital organs were missed, the amount of liquid is concerning. well, it would be alarming for the woman if she were actually conscious to see it or even feel it for that matter. instead, she's met with concrete smashing into the side of her head, all but knocking out all of the lights in her mind. a home with no light, shutters drawn shut. her chest still rises with the telltale signs of breathing but for how long?

flammae snarls, teeth digging into the decidueye without hesitation. from such a close proximity, another FLAMETHROWER would be scarring. and yet, the fox doesn't care. instead, she digs her fangs deeper, jaw almost unhinged and already spewing flames.

and while the fox is distracted and alexander drops to his knees beside illeana's unconscious body, a man begins to step out from the shadows. the laughter that follows is chilling to the bone, nauseating and grating on the ears. "i thought professors were supposed to be stronger than that," somehow, his voice is worse than his laugh. it's deep and coarse, like a man who readily smokes two packs of cigarettes a day. the man drifts closer while his decidueye struggles to overcome the challenge flammae presents.

"oh, and a former champion!" another laugh follows and then, he's clicking his tongue to the roof of his mouth. "to think our scraps would net us such big prizes."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 5:30:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]the rise and fall of her chest would be comforting in any other circumstance. but in this one it goes unnoticed as alexander scrambles to find the source of the wound. it doesn't take him long to find it as blood continues to pool at an alarming rate. he shrugs his jacket off and brings it to the wound before applying pressure. red seeps into his jacket and onto his hands and he's left hoping–hoping that it'd be enough.

the FLAMETHROWER illuminates the scene and reveals the figure standing in the shadows. his voice is grating to the ears and alexander can feel the swirling rage of emotions building in him. it's familiar, dangerous, and yet this time he allows it.

the man's bravado is interesting, perhaps misplaced, because the moment he laughs is when ekka bursts forward with an IRON HEAD. the impact collides against the man's chest, knocking him into the side of the building. both blades of ekka quickly find their positions across the man's neck, pinning him to the wall much like the SPIRIT SHACKLE did earlier.

"i don't think she's gonna live, stone. look at how she's squirming!"

alexander had grown awfully quiet. a lull falls over him as he continues presisng the jacket harder into her side, almost out of desperation. the pooling of blood slows ever so slightly but it's not enough. "just let her die." the laugh almost drowns him.

"stop." 

"or what? i know people like you, stone. you won't kill me! you'll arrest me instead, yes?"

almost sensing the air, ekka's blades push against the man's skin, looking to draw blood but not quite yet. the man squirms a little but still expels another laugh. it's enough to drown him.

the moment the light of the FLAMETHROWER dies out is when alexander moves. he expected it to be quick, out of pure rage and anger, but instead he approaches the man with a calmness that's off-putting. he says nothing. the moment he nears, alexander reaches for the hilt on one of the blades and in one swift motion, he brings it across the man's neck. he does nothing else before going back to illeana to continue applying pressure to her wound. ekka helps make quick work of the decidueye.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 5:53:22 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]minutes feel like hours until she finally comes to. there's a gasp and a jerk and then a groan all at once, one rushing to follow the other. by then, the man's body is already lifeless and out of her sights, long gone and never returning. instead, she's greeted with an expression she can't read, one that's still a little blurry. she blinks once, twice, thrice until spots fade from her vision and she can make out enough to understand.

"alex," she breathes. a wince follows and oh god, her head is pounding. she tries to raise a hand to it but the movement is shaky and her fingers barely graze a temple before retreating. they're sticky and wet, a sensation that sends her skin crawling.

and with it comes the rest, each feeling rushing in and overwhelming her. first it's numb and then, like wildfire, pain spreads. another gasp escapes and her face twists with something akin to agony. "fuck," she hisses. the pressure on her side is effective against the bleeding but it does little to quell the way it feels like her skin is burning at the seams. searing pain spreads and it almost dulls the ache of her head, the way the streetlights hurt to even look at.

she whimpers, chest heaving when panic finally settles in. are they still in danger? what's going on? this can't be an end. not yet, not now. a hand scrambles to find his, to find comfort despite the mess of blood around them. she's acutely aware of the ball of fur at her side, pressing where his hands are as if between the two of them, they can keep her from bleeding out onto the concrete. somehow, it brings hot tears to her eyes and she's sniffling. "i -- i'm okay," it comes out hoarse, trembling with uncertainty.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 6:09:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]eventually the forensic team comes rushing out from the basement at the sounds of commotion only to be met with the sight of a dead man and a dead pokemon. they lay on warm concrete, lifeless. alexander has made no attempts to cover up the truth. his hands continue to press against her side, and with flammae helping, it feels like they're regaining some semblance of control.

the first wave of relief comes when he hears his name. "try and stay still." no matter how much he wants to give in to the situation, they aren't out of the clear yet. "help will be here soon." he's made sure of it.

she whimpers and panic settles in. his hand find hers and he's leaning closer to provide comfort. but he's also positioning himself correctly, blocking her view of the dead body off to their side. "hey, you're okay, you're okay." he squeezes her hand to make sure she knows it.

"you're safe, i promise."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,115 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 6:28:57 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i]her nose scrunches in an attempt to focus on him and words and not the metallic scent that clings in the air or the searing pain in her side. but it's hot and it burns and it's too much to ignore. commotion happens around them as the forensic team join them outside. and yet, she's struggling to just focus on him and him alone to pay them much mind.

the grip she has on his hand is almost suffocating, almost tight enough to bruise. it's terrified and overwhelmed and agonized, every inch of what she's feeling currently being channeled into his hand. a nod follows, sluggish and careful as if her brain might burst if she moves her head too quickly. help is coming. somehow, it doesn't bring enough relief for her to relax.

and perhaps what she sees next makes relaxation even harder. first it's a flash of glinting steel, stained crimson and still slightly dripping. he shifts into her line of sight but her eyes dart anyway. and while he tries to shield her from what lies beyond them, from the damage that's been done, the urge to see is overwhelming. "what," she has to pause, has to remember to breathe through the pain the erupts when she tries to shift. a hiss of air escapes and she continues anyway. "what's that?"

pieces click together when she finally manages to whimper and move enough to peek around his shoulder. bodies lay limp and lifeless, half masked by shadows. even from her position, she can see the fatal blow across a throat. her body stills slightly as if chilled, as if the sight of a dead body is enough to immobilize her. and when her eyes dart back to him, more tears springing to her waterlines, she sees it again. the bloody blade. "what happened?" there's a question in between the two words, hidden because she doesn't want to ask, because she's afraid of what the answer will be.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,834 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
kokeiluja [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 8:58:26 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]alexander doesn't have to turn to understand the true weight of her words. they're damning in nature and he feels every bit of it. his head dips slightly as a response and it's enough of a tell as any. he stays quiet and shifts just enough to clear her line of sight. she would have found out about it eventually, so he's not too sure what he was trying to accomplish. he meets her teary-eyes and feels a sharp pang in his chest.

"he tried to kill you." the forensic team scatter enough to allow them some amount of privacy. what he says next escapes only as a whisper. "so i killed him." 

a confession. blood has long pooled around the man's body as well as around the decidueye and yet alexander feels no shred of guilt, at least not for them. he feels it for her.