she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
tanks [m]
POSTED ON May 29, 2020 7:04:16 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 in a hot fit of daring, dahlia sends a text message to thomas. a few months have passed since the red turn of the year— and although time casts layers of resin on what has transpired, dahlia can still see down to its bottom most plane. the pour only adds weight.

would you like to go on a little date with me? i've been meaning to visit slateport's aquarium.

she schedules it for the day after, for there is work to do. and when the day comes, she arrives at the aquarium early. dahlia is still clad in her professional clothes. there is no distinction between her personal and professional life, and it shows in the way she conducts herself. polite waves of the hand. bright shards of conversation scattered among the employees and the crowds. quickly, she places her purse into a locker and inserts a coin to secure it.

she waits in a plastic chair by the lockers, only standing when thomas finally arrives: "thomas! long time no see. sorry for stealing you away. is someone taking care of the ranch in your stead?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
tanks [m]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2020 23:27:13 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Dahlia's request could not have come at a worse time.

The past few months had been anything but kind to the Kalosian. All of this was because of his pact with the Cocoon on Mt. Pyre. The first life, taken in collaboration with @bean , should not have been a problem, considering that the man was a menace to society. Alas, having taken his life weighed heavily on him. The second one, an old woman who was helping survivors of the Ultra Beast attack, devastated the Gym Leader. Even if it was for the sake of maintaining the balance, the taking of life was one of those things that he abhorred deeply.

And now, Yveltal asks him to turn on those close to him. Dahlia is the prime target, the second being , who miraculously resurrected, despite taking a fatal wound during the battle at the White Tree. The events surrounding the tree, specifically what happened to Kaida, only strengthened his suspicions that the White Tree was connected to Xerneas, Yveltal's opposite.

As Thomas walked into the waiting room, he would spot Dahlia, who stood to greet him. "Commissioner, it's good to see you too.", Thomas told her, putting on a smile. Despite that, it was clear that something was weighing him down. "Don't worry about it, the Ranch is in capable hands.", he would assure her.

His Shinigami Eye would be quick to spot the burning aura around her, marking her out as one of those who had managed to defy fate, and live on. One of the flames he was supposed to snuff out, as Yveltal's agent. Despite his duty, he knew that he couldn't bring himself to do it. He would not be able to live with himself. The question was, how would the others feel about it?

tags:
notes: Connecting this with the Yveltal Research

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
tanks [m]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 6:58:12 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "oh good! capable audino hands, i'm assuming." dahlia says without skipping a beat. "well, isn't this nice? a little break."

atop of all the pleasantries she had experienced outside, dahlia replaces the shouts of "murderer" and "bosch killer" with bubbles. they disappear, like voids in space, carrying the littlest galaxies in the expansive cold black.

"you seem a little stressed." dahlia confesses. "and normally, i'm not one to point such a thing out so forwardly, but!" she raises a finger as she stands beside him, "i think we can be honest with each other."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
tanks [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2020 16:34:17 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Despite what was going through the Gym Leader's head, the Kalosian still flashed a smile in response to the Commissioner's comment about the ranch. "I suppose so. Still, I can't help but worry myself to death every time I'm away.", he'd tell her with a chuckle, before going back into a state of bleakness.

As she made note of how stressed he seemed, he couldn't help but frown. "Commissioner, I know this was supposed to be a break, but there's something urgent I must tell you.", he would tell her. "Is there anywhere in the exhibit that would give us some privacy?", he'd inquire. Even if he wouldn't kill the Commissioner, he also couldn't keep her in the dark about this, despite the threat she posed.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
tanks [m]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2020 7:16:04 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 dahlia can feel the bleakness splash up on her. she holds her cheek, painted nails touched by its ink. still, she doesn't let the sudden apocalyptic turn phase her. she doesn't mind indulging in matters of business during her breaks; instead, she casts sympathies with her quiet glance.

"we could find a place. oh, i know just the spot." dahlia takes thomas' hand. "a corridor by the basculin. sadly, they're not all too popular."

she leads him to a narrow hall in a lower floor. the thugs of the lake patrol their tank, tearing through underwater foliage with their aggressive speeds.

"quiet here. does this work?" the tank casts little light.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
tanks [m]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 15:03:52 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would quietly follow the Commissioner's lead, as she lead him towards the Basculin exhibit. Despite the nature of what he was going to confess to Dahlia, the Kalosian couldn't help but look at the Basculin, a reminder of his time living in the Unova Region. How the two variants of the species would often be found at war with one another, driving off most species of sea-dwelling Pokemon from the areas they entered, save for Corphish and Crawdaunt, or anything strong enough to prey upon them. Fishermen seemed to enjoy fighting them, only to release them back out into the water, much to the chagrin of the Rangers in charge of the area.

Thomas would give the woman a nod, before sighing, preparing himself for what he had to say. "Commissioner, have you gotten any reports of a large, red and black Cocoon on Mt. Pyre?", he'd initially inquire, in order to start off the conversation, partially to find out what she knew about it, whether called it in, or someone else discovered the physical presence of the object.

"That Cocoon is what we Kalosians have dubbed the Cocoon of Destruction in our legends, housing the slumbering Agent of Death.", he would tell her, sure of what exactly it was, given his interactions with it. "It has tasked myself, along with others, in sorting out the balance of life and death by taking out those who have cheated death.", he would continue, before finding it hard to carry on with what came next.

tags:
notes: Oh boy, here we go

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
tanks [m]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2020 6:12:08 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "we've received some reports. concerning, to say the least." dahlia admits. "we've been so caught up in what has happened in littleroot as of late. a stunfisk unearths itself from the sand of a tank. its flat body wavers like a streaming kite before settling in some new spot. dahlia feels stretched thin too.

"the cocoon has tasked you?" she frowns, her voice falling to the wisps of a whisper. there is skepticism riddled in her voice. "sorting out the balance of life and death? what does that mean, thomas?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
tanks [m]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2020 23:40:19 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Dahlia admits that they've received reports, no doubt from , the Gym Leader remains yet to be surprised. Given what happened in Littleroot with what he suspected to be the Tree of Life, and the battle that took place, it was no wonder the League had their hands tied. Still, he had to wonder just what was reported to them, all things considered.

After a moment's hesitation, Thomas looked Dahlia in the eyes, his one functioning eye filled with sadness. "Assassinating those who have cheated death. The Cocoon had allowed us to pick out these individuals by granting us Shinigami Eyes, which showed those who were Marked as having a vivid, colorful aura.", he would tell her.

"And you have been marked.", he would tell her with dread. "But I cannot bring myself to do it.", he would continue, just about to choke on his words, before regaining some composure. "I refuse to take your life, regardless of what the Cocoon asks of me. But I do not know if the others share my desire to protect you, Commissioner. All I can do is tell you to lay low for a bit, keep yourself protected. And tell to keep herself safe as well, for she has been marked, after the incident at the Tree.", he would tell her.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
596 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
tanks [m]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 7:17:46 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 her breath stills. silence settles like a dark veil. in their narrow corridor, the muffled gurgling of tank water crawls across the space. dahlia's eyes study thomas, despite its own startled shapes.

the commissioner restarts. she clears her throat of the ichor of uncertainty.

"well, i'm glad i have such a strong ally in you." dahlia swallows, but her eyes continue to linger softly on the other. "i'll see what i can do, but," she grabs his arm, "what will you do? can you get away from all of this?"

although they are alone, questions haunt the recesses of this space like ever watching eyes.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,461 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
tanks [m]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 21:31:37 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas barely reacts as the Commissioner holds onto his arm. As she asks him if he can get away from all of this, the Kalosian grimaces. "I don't.", he croaked solemnly. "All I can do is face the music. I don't know how the others will feel, whether they'll allow me to do it alone, try to stop me, or join me, but I'm going to take a stand against the Cocoon, most likely my final stand.", he told her. It was partially a lie, as he knew that planned on confronting the Agent of Death. And though he initially rejected the idea, the Gym Leader began to warm to it, even if it was just a final stand. He wasn't sure what had planned, but at least he had one ally in this.

"Commissioner Goode, if I don't make it, then all I have to say is that it's been an honor to serve you, to serve the Hoenn Region, in my final days.", he would tell her, a faint smile on his face. "Take care of yourself, and take care of the Region. Don't let whatever threatens the people win."

tags:
notes: Fin

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
tanks [m]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2020 22:19:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 pokedollars, 5 infamy[break]& 1 free water-type move, redeemable in the site shop.
[break]