awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
violence wins the day
POSTED ON May 30, 2020 18:17:26 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic's intention is clear in the the way he paces with a hunter's grace, his mouth a jagged grin of too-sharp teeth as he scans the place where the route gives away to desert. sand urged on by a dry wind swallows grass and rock as it spills out from the route.

the objective is the same as always, really. the chase will be fun, the interim messy, and the reward handsome, even if having money just for the sake of having it has long since lost its luster.

dominic rolls his head to look at marcel, gazing at him contemplatively.

"and here i thought you'd be much too busy for something like this," he drawls, eyes narrowing for just a heartbeat - something cold, sharp and unreadable.

"drawn to blood or do you just want some new clothes?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
violence wins the day
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2020 15:03:35 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]the heat does nothing to placate the prickling hostility marcel reserves for individuals like domininc sinclair. he's gotten better at hiding himself over the years, but the memory of a more tempestuous man stands between them. these airs mean little when he has shown his hand before.
[break][break]
he leaves the first comment to be taken by the wind--dust rolls, the silence drags, and he hopes this will be over soon--though when the second comes he can't help but return dryly: "i'm guessing you're here for the blood."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
violence wins the day
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 4:07:07 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 the corners of dominic's mouth curl back; a cheshire cat smile. the serrated edge is still there even when the passage of time erodes the bite.

"and you're right here with me."

here, at the lair of their quarry. here, on hoenn's shores once again when they all had the option to run. dominic draws closer for a moment and drops his voice to speak, conspiratorial.

"says a lot about you."

another grin accompanied by unbroken eye contact. dominic flicks a wrist to release a pokemon from its capsules in a lightning-fast gesture - after all, whole battles often hinge on quick release and withdrawal. the garchomp towers over the pair of men, testing its wings against the wind whipping around them.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
violence wins the day
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 23:29:00 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]some things never changed.
[break][break]as dominic's grin stretches out wolf-wide, marcel finds himself hard-pressed to confine his response to only a slight narrowing of his eyes. reactions would only feed him. he doesn't break eye contact as the garchomp rears his head, but finds he wouldn't have been all too surprised if the pokemon made a swipe at him for good measure. like trainer, like pokemon.
[break][break]
he turns away on a sharp exhale. "cut the crap, we've got a job to do." his weavile looks as tense as he feels; marcel makes some vague gesture with his hand and it relaxes significantly. clear.
[break][break]
"go on." he urges his pokemon to begin its search. if he gave a shit about the snakes before, he sure as hell didn't now.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
violence wins the day
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 5:26:42 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic breathes out sharply - an amused scoff - and pulls away with something of a smirk. the response is so quintessentially marcel; sullen, cavalier and so very conceited. he lets his gaze linger on the man, an eyebrow raised in something between a question and an accusation.

"i can’t take all the credit," dominic sneers as he fiddles with his phone.

he extends his arm for his garchomp to see as small holographic projections of seviper, arbok and silicobra flicker to life. describing the pokemon with words would be just a waste of time. turning slightly, dominic gives marcel’s weavile an opportunity to identify their targets as well and then pockets the phone.

immediately, the garchomp snarls an acknowledgement and lunges forward, hurtling through the dust and sand in search for something to pin down and bring back to its trainer in its vicious maw.

dominic is still for a heartbeat until he looks back to marcel. "come along," he says, uncharacteristically saccharine, as though talking to a child. "we’re in for a show."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
violence wins the day
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 22:21:12 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]his weavile remains close on the garchomp's heels; marcel, however, seems entirely more reluctant when it comes to following dominic. still, when he thinks about it, he's better off just following is example.
[break][break]
marcel, despite his attitude, is not squeamish in the slightest. it is not violence, but violence in front of dominic, that he is averse to.
[break][break]
so it's much to his displeasure when his weavile returns first, sandaconda hanging limp in its mouth. it drops it at marcel's feet, for which he gives a quick scratch behind the ear. his eyes soon drift back to dominic. "care to do the honours?"
[break][break]
it's a cheap cop out.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
violence wins the day
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 18:17:01 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 unperturbed by the sandaconda’s weak writhing motions, dominic raises a single shoulder in a half-hearted shrug and steps forward to block off the pokemon were it to try to escape.

in a single gesture - so very obviously practiced - dominic drops to a knee, unsheathing a short knife that was strapped at his boot, and drives the serrated blade through the sandaconda’s throat to be all the way up to the hilt. he keeps the pokemon pinned down, twisting the knife, until it stops moving. his expression remains impassive throughout the process.

when dominic straightens, he sees his garchomp approach in a haze of sand, forcing him to raise a hand to shield his eyes. when the particles settle, he can make out two pokemon - a dead arbok, and a seviper that seems to struggle weakly. dominic makes to move toward it but pauses and glances up to look at marcel, his gaze meaningful.

"can you handle this one? feels like i strained my wrist a little just now."

it’s a blatant lie and he doesn’t even try to conceal it.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
violence wins the day
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 23:43:17 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]it's so brazen he can't even bring himself to address it. marcel moves towards dominic with a sigh. "give that here then." he pulls the knife from the sandaconda, letting the blood drip before he approaches the seviper.
[break][break]
"icy wind." the snake pokemon slows to a still under the sudden chill, numb. marcel looks at it for a few moments--he falters--before a second command leaves his mouth: "metal claw." the seviper soon falls.
[break][break]for a few moments, he cannot look away. marcel reacts slowly and is almost caught in the pool of spreading blood. the edge of the snake skin would be slightly damaged as a result of his pokemon's attack, but marcel decides the seviper's size means it isn't too much of a sacrifice. the knife is heavy in his hand; he readjusts his grip so the blade points forward. he switches back again.
[break][break]
"this is gonna be a fucking pain to skin, you know."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
violence wins the day
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 3:55:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
arbok

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

female - intimidate[break]
crunch / haze / gunk shot / thunder fang / glare / disable

ANOTHER SNAKE APPEARS, tongue flickering to taste iron cast by marcel's blade. it's larger than the snake they currently skin, hood the haunting image of some menacing face.[break][break]

what do you do?

[attr="class","missionTag"]

&[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
violence wins the day
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 8:57:18 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 having handed the knife over, dominic regards the scene as it plays out but with little apparent interest. his gaze resting on marcel’s hands instead. it would be better for the man to actually handle the skinning because every gesture looks more careful and almost delicate when compared to dominic’s precise-but-too-deep cuts.

"that one isn’t very good for fine work," dominic sighs after a moment, jutting his chin at the blade. "i thought we could drag ‘em somewhere else for skinning but these fuckers are massive," he continues, idly nudging the dead arbok with his boot.

the garchomp is the first to notice a threat emerging from the haze of swirling sand. dominic’s head snaps toward his pokemon as it drops low to the ground with a snarl and lunges past him to a location just past marcel in a DRAGON RUSH. the sound of impact tells dominic something had been approaching, and he can just make out the silhouette of a struggle between his pokemon and something large and serpentine.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
violence wins the day
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 15:57:51 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]the garchomp provides another addition to their workload; marcel couldn't say he was particularly grateful. he's sure it shows on his face as the snake's dropped onto the dusty ground.
[break][break]
he returns dominic's knife to rummage through his pockets. "hold on, i think i've got some psychic-types with me." if not, it seemed like they were getting things done there and then.
[break][break]
either way, this was going to be a hell of a long day...
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
violence wins the day
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 21:35:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1 free biting move.[break]
bonus reward: 25 poke, 1x sparkling dust.
[break]