old fashioned

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old fashioned
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2020 23:50:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
We were swallowin' the nights like we had nine lives.

As the sun dipped below the skyline, tainting the bellies of the clouds with vibrant pinks and purples, the night market came alive. Scattered, little shops gave way to stalls bursting with goods, noisy bars, and chattering crowds. Cap had already been on shift for about and hour, doing prep work and checking the bottles behind the bar. As darkness descended, the congregation of the Murkrow Bar grew until there was a pleasant din. Cap danced his way up and down the bar, pouring drinks and taking orders with a smile and a wink. The charm was turned on full-force tonight. Moving wasn't cheap and he needed the tips, after all. Even Rangi was in on the act, bouncing his little yellow body from table to table collecting empty glasses and chittering happily at any customer who cooed over how cute he was. For Cap, it was worth the ego he'd have to deal with from the Pikachu later. The night was young, yet, and already promised to be interesting.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
old fashioned
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2020 1:18:12 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

She preferred the night market when the sun was going down. As much as she hated the crowded vibe the city gave when the nightclubs were bustling and the bars were full - the atmosphere felt more real at night than it did during the day.[break][break]

Emma makes her way into the Murkrow Bar, one of the quieter joints on the busy street. It was more run-down than the rest, not nearly as uproarious and obnoxious as the Knight's Inn down the street. She can't hear the sound of drunk men clinking cups, guffawing over their uninteresting lives and making crude jokes.[break][break]

Instead, the Murkrow Bar is enjoying a slow, relaxing night. A few older men are enjoying a quiet game of cars. There's karaoke night tonight but the stage is empty save for a young man plucking his guitar idly. The inside of the building seems to block out most of the noise - but the hubbub outside is nice. It's likely a false sense of security but she embraces it.[break][break]

"Bourbon, neat."[break][break]

She nods toward the blonde bartender as she approaches the bar and settles into a stool. Her fingers drum the counter as she idly glances over the room.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old fashioned
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2020 5:35:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
One of Cap's favorite things about the bar was the noise. As he passed out drinks, he caught snippets of conversation here, pieces of gossip there. In the back corner, a quiet, hasty breakup; near the bar, the local Casanova was wooing the latest object of his affection. The protection from the racket outside leaves just enough quiet for Cap to eavesdrop on every table he passes. Bars were microcosms, just little pieces of the greater circle of life. He gave Rangi a little pat on the head as the Pikachu delivered a small stack of empty shot glasses before bounding off across the tables again.

A pale woman slid up to the bar with a nod, and a twinge of familiarity hit Cap instantly. He brushed it off with a "Comin' right up." He'd met a lot of people in his travels, and from time to time a face stuck out in the crowd that he was sure he knew. More often than not, it was just one of those faces. But as he poured the bourbon, he couldn't get the itch out of the back of his mind. Trying not to draw too much attention, he snuck another look. A grin touched the corners of his lips. As he moved to set the glass down, he hesitated, a move clearly meant to draw her attention. The glass⁠—he'd poured it on the heavier side—hit the countertop with a soft thunk.

"Do I know you?" Cap didn't try to hide the shit-eating grin.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
old fashioned
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 1:21:28 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

Compared to the raging parties down the street, the regular hubbub of the one she's stepped into is nothing but white noise. Of course, she's well aware of the topics at hand. In fact, she's more than aware of the local Casanova making her way toward her at the bar. Since she'd arrived alone and ordered her own drink, that apparently meant she was fair game.[break][break]

Emma's gaze momentarily follows the Pikachu that races across the top of the bar. She can't mask the look of disgust crinkling her nose. Was that even hygienic? Who knows where that rodents feet had been. [break][break]

Because of this, she doesn't notice the young blonde passing her the glass until it takes him too long to let go of it. In fact, her fingers brush him as she reaches for it and she immediately recoils to offer him a cold stare. He's smirking at her with some sort of contorted expression of... something. She blinks, choosing her words wisely.[break][break]

"Hmm... I doubt it. If I knew you, we wouldn't be talking. You still want to keep me waiting?"[break][break]

She gestures to the glass he's held hostage.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old fashioned
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 23:00:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Ah, must be my mistake," he said with a shrug, seemingly satisfied with the answer. You still want to keep me waiting? "Wouldn't dream of it." He released the glass and took a half-step back to let her enjoy her drink. As he grabbed another patron's dirty pint glass from the counter and put it under the bar, he couldn't shake the feeling that he knew her. He met scores of people, of course, that was his job; but it meant he was usually good with faces, if not as much with names.

Cap made his way down the bar, refreshing drinks and picking up glasses as he went. He didn't think he met her in Johto, though he'd spent most of his time there. He certainly hadn't encountered her in Hoenn yet, that he would have remembered. Kanto, though... He grinned to himself, making his way casually back to where Emma was sitting.

"Well, stranger," he said pointedly."What brings you into the Murkrow Bar? I'm Caprice Isaac, by the way. Everyone calls me Cap." He produced another glass from beneath the bar and set it on the counter top, caddy-corner to Emma's. He poured a couple of fingers of bourbon for himself, taking a quick sip before settling his forearms on the bar.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
old fashioned
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2020 19:18:27 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

Emma narrows her eyes as he releases the glass, allowing her to reach out and slide it toward her. The dragging noise is brief before she takes a sip, averting her attention from the strange bartender. For the briefest of moments, Emma is left alone with her thoughts as she had expected - though the satisfaction of that doesn't last.[break][break]

She should have known, given the man's shit-eating grin.[break][break]

While he stews on where he recognizes her from, Emma minds her own business. However, she isn't the type to savor a drink and, before long, the glass is empty and her fingers drum idly across the lip.[break][break]

But then Caprice returns with a pointed drawl to catch her attention. Emma sighs, shifting her weight to glance at the bartender. He was attempting to stir up idle chatter and she was only slightly amused.[break][break]

"That's right. Strangers. Do you normally hit up strangers? Normally that's the customer's job."[break][break]

His attempts to strike up conversation were not entirely lost on her, however, and Emma leans backward as he leans forward, forearms pressed to the bar.[break][break]

"I usually come here expecting a stiff drink and some personal space, but I can see that you're not about to let me have that, Cap."[break][break]

She slides the glass back toward him, crossing one leg over the other.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old fashioned
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2020 22:01:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Hit up strangers?" he repeated, tilting his head slightly. "I talk to just about everyone. That's half my job, you know. The slinging drinks, that's the easy part." He took a sip from his glass, running his finger along the rim. The heat of the drink slid down his throat, spreading across his chest in a comfortable embrace.

Wordlessly, he took her glass from the counter top and placed it in the bin under the bar. He grabbed a fresh glass and poured her another drink, sliding it back towards her. There was no attempt this time to hold her drink hostage. He returned to his spot on the bar, leaning over his drink.

"I don't know if you've been there before, but there's a place about two blocks down, in a side alley. It's called Anchor Management. There's a Dhelmise on the sign, it's pretty great." Cap took another sip and chuckled to himself. "It's a dive for sure; small and dark and not very well-kept as far as appearances go. But it's quiet. There's a lot of... well your type in there. They don't let me pick up shifts there anymore." He winked and shot Emma a finger-gun.

"Your work in the public sector then? Most folks come to bars for the company." The only people he'd met who went out for personal space were the ones who were inundated with people on the daily. Or the occasional hermit.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
old fashioned
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2020 23:14:02 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

While yes, he had a point, bartenders did tend to talk to just about everyone they served - Emma had never had the luxury herself.[break][break]
"The slinging drinks should be the only part."[break][break]

She glances up at him through her eyelashes, sharp-eyed gaze subtly studying his face while he sipped his own drink. Familiarity begins to blossom in the back of her mind as she takes in the man's goofy expression, easy eyes, tousled blonde hair. While she doesn't comment further, she realises that the feeling is mutual - they probably do know each other, somehow.[break][break]

As he replaces her glass, Emma only returns her attention to the conversation when the glass fits back inside the curve of her hand. But she doesn't drink because Cap has begun talking again, but this time, out of his ass.[break][break]

He takes a sip and chuckles and she can't help but stare at him with a deadpan expression of... something.[break][break]

"And what is my type?"[break][break]

She takes a sip slowly, savouring the warmth that burns the back of her throat. She discreetly licks her lips as she sets the glass back down with a soft clink. Emma does not respond nor react to the finger-gun.[break][break]

Instead, she leans back in her chair and drapes an arm over the back of it, uncrossing and crossing her legs to get more comfortable. She's waiting for the drinks to take effect.[break][break]

"Something like that - but I'm not here for the company."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old fashioned
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2020 4:20:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cap let his eyes roam out over the crowd at the bar. They had mostly all settled into their respective areas—between the still-deserted karaoke stage and the scattered groups of people. Rangi finally skipped his way across the tabletops back to the bar. He'd been far too preoccupied getting scratches from someone at the far end of the bar to notice that Cap was talking to someone. The Pikachu deposited an empty cup on the bar before planting himself in front of Emma and tilting his head.

"Your type?" He paused for a moment, drumming his fingers on his chin. "You know, people of few words, introverts, the observant. The sort of folks that go anywhere for a quiet drink." Cap patted Rangi's head idly before putting the delivered cup with his own behind the bar. He didn't refill his glass—at least not yet.

"I've been doing this a while. The only people who don't want to chat when they come into a bar are the ones who have to work with people all damn day. Not surprising really," he mused before taking another drink. "What do you do for work, anyhow?" He gestured to Emma's glass, eyebrows raised as if to say ready for a refill?

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
old fashioned
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2020 4:50:42 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

Emma doesn't exactly stiffen, but she shows visible disgust, or something akin to it, when Cap's Pikachu settles in front of her. Not even the adorable tilt of its ears piques her interest. Instead, she remains casual against the back of her chair as the Pikachu observes her.[break][break]

The woman's attention soon snaps back to the bartender, however, when he drums his fingers against his chin and explains to her what type of person he thinks she is. For some reason, she finds it amusing. He, unlike the Pokemon, has piqued her interest.[break][break]

"Hmm..."[break][break]

She reaches around the Pikachu, making a point to avoid touching it, as she nurses her drink again. She remains observant, as he predicts, taking her time to listen to what he has to say. He's certainly more interesting than the run-of-the-mill bartenders, but not nearly as interesting as the ladies busting ass to get good tips.[break][break]

"I prefer my coworker's silent," she smirks, clearly intending something perhaps a little more nefarious than otherwise said.[break][break]

"I get my hands dirty, but it pays well."[break][break]

There's a dark look in her eye as she finishes her drink. She spins the glass against the countertop, focused on the sound it makes. Before long, however, she meets Cap's raised eyebrows and she flattens her palm on the table, pushing the glass toward him with her fingertips.[break][break]

At this point, she's feeling the soft buzz.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
old fashioned
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2020 18:37:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Rangi paused and tilted his head, pinning Emma with a look. Clearly, he wasn't used to people who didn't want to pay attention to him. After sitting there for a moment, he was sure that she had no intention of giving him the affection he clearly deserved (she reached around him!). He gave a little grumble, then scampered away to find someone who would properly coo over him. The way it was meant to be.

Cap chuckled to himself at the implication of silent coworkers, but didn't press the issue further. He'd been around the block enough to know that tone. "I've got my share of dirt under my nails," he said. Then, with a wink and a broad grin, he said "Gardening is dirty work, after all!" He picked up Emma's empty glass, but hesitates as he sets the clean glass down on the bar. Holding up a finger, he rummaged around behind the counter for a pen and paper. He scribbled down his name and number, then filled the fresh glass with another couple of fingers of bourbon. He slid both back across the counter to Emma with a smile.

"If you're ever in need of a coworker who's a little less silent, give me a call." A customer down the bar caught his eye and he nodded a greeting to them. "Those drinks are on the house," he said, rapping his knuckles on the counter in front of Emma before making his way down the bar to help the other customer.

close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
old fashioned
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2020 15:50:31 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces]

Regardless of the look that is pinned to her indifferent expression and lack of attention given to the Pikachu, Emma does not falter. Pokemon are of no interest to her - even less than people and she didn't particularly like people either.[break][break]

Alas, people were a necessity, and there was a reason she came to bars to drink instead of alone and at home. She subtly desired the company of other human beings, as beneath her they tended to be.[break][break]

Emma glances up past her eyelashes and her harrowed gaze to listen to Cap and his attempt to relate to her. She was mildly amused at the way he implied that he, too, had dirt under his nails. While her nails weren't dirty now, and were, in fact, quite perfectly manicured and beautiful, the sentiment struck her as familiar.[break][break]

What she is not expecting, however, is for Cap to scribble down his name and number. It nurses a surprised expression behind her startling severe yellow eyes, but she slowly draws the paper closer to her. Her eyes are drawn to him as he makes his way down the bar. [break][break]

"Hmmm..."[break][break]

She leans against her seat, crossing her legs and imposing a relaxed position while idly swirling her drink in her hand.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay