6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lights [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2020 5:49:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
armed with make up, costume, and a script to follow, kyle faces another actor from a roof of a one-story house. beside him was his manectric, who had set up the mood of the scene with his rain dance.

on hindsight, taping the scene during the day felt wrong, but there's nothing to be done about it since the directors didn't have the budget to fund proper lighting equipment.

"give up now, hero. i have the higher ground."

the way he mustered a deeper voice as he recited the line made him want to gag. it was unnatural for him not to speak in a casual tone, but nonetheless, kyle tried to keep an air of professionalism, trying his best not to show any of his usual mannerisms.

the film was set on suburban verdanturf, directed by a bunch of film majors. it was entirely amateur and the pay wasn't high, but kyle had free time to burn. the scene was, after all, just for a ten minute short that probably won't get that much attention besides from the one grading their film.

@open
mission
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lights [m]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2020 21:06:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Anyone else in this position would have felt positively ridiculous. Not Cap. He reveled in it. He delighted in the sheer pageantry of it all. He'd always thought, deep in his soul, that he was born for the big screen. The lights! The stage! The costume!

Okay, well there weren't any professional lights. And this wasn't a stage, per se, so much as it was the sound guy's front yard. And his costume was definitely borrowed from another production that didn't quite fit the theme here. Regardless!

Cap put his hands dramatically on his hips as the rain poured down on his face. He squared his chest and tilted his chin up at Kyle, grimacing to show he was filled with determination. He realized in this moment he hadn't actually met Kyle properly. This made the scenes strange to perform; Cap was used to being close friends with his fellow actors. Or, at least, he was close friends with that guy he made a short movie with in middle school. You know, fellow actors.

"You'll never win, Doctor Villainous," he said, trying not to cringe at the name. "You may have destroyed the city—" They were going to add that in post, right? "You may have taken my trusty sidekick to your secret lair. You may have discovered my weakness is copper. But you can never defeat hope."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lights [m]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2020 19:56:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
with every line read from the script, kyle feels the urge to just jump off of the roof and break his neck on the ground below. unfortunately, the roof wasn't high enough.

"hope? hah! show me what your hope can do with this!"

he grabs his cape with his hand and flourishes it before him in a dramatic way to attract attention. as it settles, kyle turns to his side and whistles for the manectric to wake up from its daze. the strong pose melts momentarily as kyle wordlessly fawns over his pokemon.

the manectric barks once, which was to be edited into a threatening roar, and then pounces from the roof and down to the ground, aiming to land on the patch of ground beside the hero instead of actually on top of him.

and this is where he is to 'kill' the villain's familiar.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lights [m]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2020 19:55:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The Manectric flew gracefully through the air, right towards a hidden fall pad just on the other side of Caprice. Cap took a knee and raised a pointed finger at the Pokemon, paused, and "fired". He imagined a bolt of cosmic light shooting from his fingertip, the a freeze frame on the back lit silhouette of the Manectric as the beam pierced its body. Cap held the pose for a beat before he slowly stood, leveling his finger at the villain. He pinned him with a steely gaze.

"With hope we can do anything," he said quietly, conviction coloring his voice. "Doctor Villainous, it's never too late to change. Please, let me help you." Slowly, so the cameras could zoom in on it, he rotated his hand from a threatening point to a palm outstretched. An offering of peace. The well-timed olive branch. And Cap waited with bated breath for the inevitable, stunning betrayal to which he would be justly horrified.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lights [m]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2020 18:20:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
off-screen, kyle utters the command "bang!" and as soon as the words leave kyle's mouth, the manectric drops to the ground and plays dead. it's going to get edited out with the sound effects, probably.

the camera pans back to kyle for his response. "it's too late for me, hero. i've committed crimes that you cannot even think of as redeemable." while his face is hardened and serious, kyle was too nervous underneath, keeping the words elongated as he stalls for time to recall his lines.

he brings out what seems to be a gun and points it at caprice. the design is janky and too colorful to be taken seriously, and kyle only hopes that his wavering poker face wasn't within the screen for the shot.

"what makes you think i can change."

kyle drops the weapon on the ground that should signify his character's willingness to consider the hero's proposal.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lights [m]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2020 0:01:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cap can't help but be impressed by the Manectric. There's no way any of his own Pokemon would have reacted with such fluidity and subtlety. As the Pokemon landed and flopped to its side, laying still, Cap redirected his attention to Kyle. Or, rather, Doctor Villainous. He was suddenly stuck by what a terrible name that was for a villain. Especially one who was supposed to have a moment of redemption. Were his friends supposed to keep calling him Doctor Villainous if he turned good? Who the hell would believe something like that?

"Well... everyone... can change," Cap fumbled. His mind was suddenly blank. He floundered for a moment, gritting his teeth up at Kyle with an apologetic look. Finally, after a moment of awkward silence he whispered "Fuck." Cap straightened and leaned to look at the crew. "Line!" He could see the frustration on the face of... well, to call them a director was giving them too much credit. They pinched their nose before stepping forward.

"You should have memorized this!" Cap gave them a look that was more bearing his teeth than grinning. "Everyone can change," the director called out in monotone. "It only takes one moment to be a hero. Whatever you've done before doesn't matter. Not when you truly accept hope and change. We can be heroes together." Ah, right. That made much more sense. The line was too dumb for anyone to remember. Cap grimaced, but squared up and delivered the lines as intended. Mostly.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lights [m]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 17:43:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
perhaps it was cap's mistake and the director's voice that became the catalyst of kyle's action, but what follows is done out of malice and pettiness instead of an actual mistake like the hero's blunder.

"sure," he responds.

short. simple. precise. the response was more of the kyle brand instead of what the script dictates, which was more elaborate, cheesy, and what a cartoon villain would say instead of a dark short film that the director wants the film to be.

kyle pans at the director, looking at him as straight-faced as the director looks back. the stare lasts for a second or so before the director mouths the words 'what' to kyle.

"can the villain just commit suicide?" he blurts out as he walks towards the director. "it makes more sense in character and gives another... point of climax, or something."

before the director could say anything back to kyle, he turns around and beckons the other actor of the film to come as well. the feeling should be mutual, kyle guesses, and there should be more input from the hero itself.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lights [m]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 19:05:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cap blinked when the villain answered. He had to admit he didn't know the script well⁠—his own flub on the lines proved that—but he was pretty damn sure that the villain wasn't supposed to just... go along with it that way. It didn't take long for realization to dawn on him, though, as Kyle turned his attention to the director. It was all Cap could do to stifle a laugh. The director, for their part, looked as if they'd been hitstun; gaping like a landed Magikarp and blinking stupidly at Kyle.

"You know what I like?" Cap said at Kyle's gesture. "A good old fashioned redemption. Hero and villain walking arm-in-arm into the sunset. Try this on for size, let me know what you think." He squared his shoulders, glancing over to make sure the cameras were still rolling. He met the villain's eyes and reached out his hand again, this time sincerity written across his face. "There isn't a magical cure-all. There's no one trick that will make you into a good person and erase the crimes you've committed and the hurt you've caused. But people? All of us have the same super power: we're adaptable. We're the most adaptable damn things on the planet. We can change. That's a miracle! It's hard work, and you have to do it every day. But standing here on the other side, I can tell you: it's worth it. And I promise you won't be alone."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,409 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
lights [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 5:08:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
caprice had worked so hard on that impromptu speech that kyle wonders if he can still reveal that the only reason he wants his character to die is so he doesn't have to say a long, convoluted speech back to the main character.

conscience catches up to him, somehow. he'd feel bad if he makes more of a scene than what he already made. convincing himself that this would just end the shooting faster than it was if he tried to argue his way to making his character die, kyle sweats a bit, and just goes with the flow.

"y-yeah. sure thing, buddy."

his hand swings and takes the hero's hand, his grip firm for the handshake. he holds the position, nervous, until the director deems them to finally stop.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lights [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 14:59:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The moment the director called "cut", Cap's face split into a wide grin. Giggling, he held onto Kyle's hand for a moment longer than necessary. He gave his costar a pat on the shoulder, winking.

"Man, I love improv. You killed it! Way to make me really feel for Doctor Villainous." Cap rolled his shoulders and stretched as the film crew begrudgingly began to pack up their equipment. The director, judging by the look on their face, was seriously considering having to cancel all future filming projects. But Cap hardly seemed to notice; he was practically glowing. Much like everyday interactions, he considered a successful shoot an act of teamwork.

"Hey, wanna go to the premier with me?" Sure, the likelihood of a premier of any kind—even one in the director's back yard—was excruciatingly low. But Cap felt like it was rude not to ask.