marcel maeda
hydrate [open/tos]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 17:06:37 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]marcel couldn't help but feel the new training facilities rocket had built were a not-so-subtle hint to all its members. he wasn't out of shape, to say the least, but he'd be lying to say he did more than the minimum. so long as he execute his missions without getting out of breath, he was in a good position.
[break][break]
besides, that's what pokemon were there for. to help.
[break][break]
and speaking of help, marcel's golduck seemed particularly keen to lend a hand. upon seeing his trainer turn his empty water bottle upside-down, the pokemon let out a dismayed cry. without warning, it let out a HYDRO PUMP that marcel was barely able to dodge.
[break][break]
he wasn't sure if the person on the machine next to him would be so lucky.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: mission

[attr="class","tag"]@open

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hydrate [open/tos]
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2020 19:25:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cap could say that it was by design that he didn't frequent the Rocket headquarters often. He had to keep a low profile as far as the connections-to-organized crime were concerned, after all. In reality, he'd only just been made aware of its existence recently. He assumed one had to exist, of course, but getting the nitty gritty information as to the where and how to get in were a little harder to dig up. Typically one couldn't simply walk in the door. Now that he knew it, however, he had every intention of making use of the facilities.

And, much as he hated it, that also meant the training facilities. And that meant spending some of his tips on new workout clothes. He'd locked himself into the rowing machine, and was so focused on the rhythmic woosh of each pull that he hardly noticed anyone else in the facility.

He certainly noticed being hit with a blast of water.

"What the hell?" he yelled, his words garbled by the solid column of water. He would've been thrown off the rowing machine entirely were his feet not already strapped in. That probably wasn't much of a blessing. When the water stopped, he coughed and gasped, fumbling to unhook himself before he finally slid to the floor on his back.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
hydrate [open/tos]
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 19:35:15 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]the answer to his question--if that shout was anything to go by--was a resounding no. "ah shit," he gets up from the machine, sending his pokemon a stern look that promises a later talking to. it was a voice he knew well, but marcel waited for his suspicion to be confirmed before he addressed the man by name. "sorry cap."
[break][break]
a towel sits, neatly folded, beside his machine. marcel grabs it before moving to stand by caprice, some concern etched into his features as he looks at the man. he offers the towel, then (should he take that) a hand to pull him out. "i haven't used it yet, don't worry."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hydrate [open/tos]
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 1:16:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As he wiped the water from his face, spluttering to try to get a decent breath, a figure stepped up beside him. Cap didn't recognize the voice, not at first. But the seed of familiarity planted itself firmly in his brain and forced him to open his eyes.

"Holy sh⁠— Marcel?" Like clockwork, his lips split in a wild grin and a look of relief replaced the one of confusion. He accepted the towel — and the hand — graciously. Before he'd even fully been pulled to his feet, Cap was laughing. "If I'd known I was going to see so many familiar faces, I would've made a break for Hoenn a long time ago." Of course, if he could've comfortably stayed in Johto, that's where he'd be right now. He started to towel himself off, eyeing Marcel like he was sizing up something he was about to buy. "How've you been, anyway?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
hydrate [open/tos]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 2:07:34 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]caprice echoes his own thoughts before marcel has a chance to continue. "not too bad," comes his non-committal answer. a slight smile works its way onto his features. "call me kosuke when we're in public though." there wasn't a need to explain himself, caprice knew the line of work he was in. covers were just a part of everyday life.
[break][break]
"how about you though?" he turns the question around. "never thought i'd see you in these parts."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hydrate [open/tos]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2020 22:44:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Kosuke, got it." No explanation needed, no questions asked. Cap had always been more liberal with his identity than most of his coworkers. That was probably why he'd never been promoted, but if he had to be honest that wasn't so bad for him. He liked his work, and promotions meant more responsibility. He got to drink fun drinks and chat with interesting people. And occasionally feed some tidbits back to his bosses. "I've been fine." Non-committal, par for the course. He ran the towel through his hair, resigning himself to faux-bedhead for the rest of the day. Ah, but when had anyone ever looked put together at the gym? "Never thought I'd be around here! Johto was getting a little hot, so I dipped. I'm all settled in here, though. Got a nice apartment in Slateport—" well, it certainly wasn't nice "—and I'm picking up shifts at bars. Just trying to get a network together." He let himself smile, but there was a sourness to his words that comes with the experience of watching years' worth of work slip away into nothing. "They still got you doing information-gathering, huh?" There were a few reasons Marcel might use a fake name in public, but given their history Cap felt like he had a pretty solid guess.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
hydrate [open/tos]
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2020 20:32:17 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]he nods as caprice talks. "slateport's good. central." a bit too busy for him, at times, but the fact he didn't live there meant little when marcel spent most of his time working. "so are bars. hopefully it won't be long to get you off the ground." success for caprice would benefit marcel too--he naturally assumed they'd be revisiting their old arrangement now they were in the same region again.
[break][break]
at the question, he gives a half sigh, half laugh. "what else would i do?" perhaps it was an exaggeration to say this was what he was limited to. the block was mental--he could have left, after all--but this wasn't the time to dwell on that. "you let me know if you need any help though."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hydrate [open/tos]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 21:22:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cap finished toweling himself off—as best as he was able, at least—and dropped the towel on the soaked floor to mop up as much of the extra water as he could. They'd probably have to find a mop eventually, but he didn't want anyone to slip in the meantime. Well, he didn't want himself to slip; if there was anyone who was going to bite it on a wet gym floor, it'd be Cap.

"You know me," he winked, "I'm nothing if not resourceful." He scooted the towel around with his foot. It wasn't as bad as he made it out to be, truthfully. Luckily, he'd always liked his job. "Ah, don't sell yourself short, man." He looked serious for a moment, nodding absently at Marcel's offer of help. "If you could do anything, would this be it?" It was a question he'd asked himself more than once. But, in Marcel's words, what else would he do?

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
hydrate [open/tos]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 11:00:32 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]while he couldn't have been entirely surprised by the question--he'd walked into it, after all--it takes him a moment to compose his response. "sure," he smiles, then (to lighten things up), "i mean, money's pretty good, right?"
[break][break]
he had his chance, and he had given it up. marcel supposes he really did choose this path, but doesn't want to read into what exactly that meant.
[break][break]
"alright." he stretches his arms. "back to the machines. you coming?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hydrate [open/tos]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 0:47:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Marcel probably wouldn't know just how much his answer had set Cap at ease. His shoulders relaxed and he grinned, more nonchalantly this time. "Money's damn good," he said with a laugh. He'd had his opportunity, too, to leave. When the invasion of Johto failed, Cap had his out. So many of his old coworkers had scattered to the wind in the chaos afterwords. He could have done the same and no one would have been the wiser. No one would have blamed him. But he hadn't done that, truly he hadn't even considered it. He'd floundered in his old haunts in Johto for months and months, trying to spin straw back into gold. And when it became abundantly clear that the walls were closing in on him, he ran not for freedom but for the place he knew Team Rocket still had roots. He escaped to the familiar. It was easier, he supposed, even if he felt like he was rebuilding from the ground up.

"Yeah," he sighed and stretched his arms across his chest. He looked at the rowing machine for half a second before heading for a different machine. "Just make sure your Golduck keeps his water to himself."