awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LIMIT-TESTING
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 2:21:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Demolition is better suited for the grunts incapable of thinking beyond throwing themselves head first into an otherwise simple objective. People with any semblance of common sense are better off putting their efforts into a task that requires tact. Fernando and Kyle may fall into the latter but find themselves in the junkyard regardless.

"I've been looking into the Passho berries. They're incredibly effective."

There are few that Fernando trusts on the battlefield. Kyle is one of the few that have earned that title through merit and accomplishment alone. Although their Gym Battle had been regulated in accordance to League standards, there's no debating that his skills were fit for the Elite Four. His tip about unlocking Z-MOVES had been invaluable for Fernando's own army. The only problem was deciding which Pokemon to allocate the few berries he managed to acquire.

His Type:Null claws at the gravel while glaring at the dismantled car in front of them.

"Crush it."

On Fernando's orders, the Pokemon lunges forward with a simple TACKLE. Fernando doesn't expect much but being able to crumple dulled steel with raw strength and weight is valuable within itself.

This little excursion is one of the few time Fernando gets to test his Pokemon without making a visible departure stating as such. Who better to limit test than the Gym Leader conquer himself?

NvgH3sl7

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
LIMIT-TESTING
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 6:15:54 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle sips from a cup of iced coffee. he only bought one since fernando didn't specifically asked for one before they arrived. the dogs keep their distance around the type:null, clearly curious, but not entirely afraid. it wasn't the first one of its species they interacted after all.

he takes his lips off of the lid and stares at the car. "i'm guessing we're using those z-moves to destroy rocket, since if you're here, that must mean rocket's around."

the mightyena keep circling the car getting totaled by the type:null. their eyes are more focused on the pokemon rather than the defunct vehicle. kyle would let them join the destruction of the car too if he wasn't curious with fernando's own type:null more.

amid the observations, kyle keeps the conversation steering away from the subject of their attention.

"are they in these cars? rocket people are in these cars, probably, right?"

N7fGcI5M

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LIMIT-TESTING
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 6:35:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Although the car is a mass of steel, each plate is hollow enough to crumple underneath the weight of Type:Null's TACKLE.

"Why didn't you get me any cafffeine if you're going to give me a headache."

Despite how close others claim to be towards Kyle he has no choice but to proclaim Fernando as his true best friend. At least that's what his League authorized paycheck states. As long as Silph is the one to allocate the League's logistics and non-essential budget, Kyle, and ultimately his income, belongs to him, evident by their manufactured friendship in Blades & Bulwark. Because of this, Fernando is confident enough to discard the facade and open up.

"Again."

He's not satisfied with the state of the dented car and Kyle's teasing does little to help. With a scoff, he turns to face him.

"That was such a fucking mess. I should've drank the tree bleach to finally escaped the hellhole that is Hoenn."

His throat grumbles and he tries to stifle his memories of the event.

"At least we don't have to worry Balder anymore."

As the chaos unfolds priorities change. With Leo being relatively quiet, that means Fernando has one less legendary to deal with. Now if only he could've snagged the disco ball for himself. It would've been put to better use under his thumb considering the events of Littleroot.

TcMOmnjR

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
LIMIT-TESTING
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 6:54:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle shrugs as he takes another sip of coffee, continuing to watch fernando's type:null to destroy the car.

he had an excuse as to why he wasn't on the site of destruction. he wouldn't even be anywhere near the contest had he not been invited as a judge. kyle can only empathize with fernando, who has to watch untrained people trying to get to an objective.

maybe if the league didn't spend so much money building super intricate gym contraptions or tanning machines or giving rangers a bonus for every mission they complete just so they have an incentive to do them, maybe they'd have enough to fund training for actual cadets.

and then fernando switches the topic to the self-proclaimed enemy of the state. "worry about him? why?" he asks. "was he ever a threat?"

balder never really broke any law and denouncing the league probably doesn't make him a wanted criminal. he supposed he did commit physical assault. kyle tries to make a note to charge him for that with league money whenever he remembers to.

Yu7SNupt

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LIMIT-TESTING
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 7:03:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "A man who punches someone in the face to calm them down is not a ration person."

His hand instinctively reaches for Tapu Fini's pokeball. Just feeling it there brings some sense of comfort. It's a crutch and one he's grown to depend on despite his disposition, ultimately doing more harm than good.

"And a Legendary Pokemon who decides that person represents them is not a rational Pokemon."

His eyes narrow and this time he snaps his finger as a cue for the Type:Null to continue.

"And people who decide to worship such Pokemon are not rational by extension."

Which explains why certain events are unfolding as they are.

"So yeah, Lopez, I consider idiots a threat considering how many of them there are."

And that's just the ones that are easily recognizable. Wait until he finds out Hoenn's biggest Razost is also it's smartest figure.

6Lz3NIrX

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
LIMIT-TESTING
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 7:17:13 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his legs fold into a squat, finding it tiring to stand up the entire time. his dogs start to crowd him instead once the cup of iced coffee comes into their reach, only to be swatted away by their trainer. they whimper before they come back to their fussing over the type:null.

besides foxtrot. the mightyena lies down beside kyle to watch.

"isn't that, like, half the region?"
he quips with a smirk, only to back away and defensively wave his hand in front of him. "your words, not mine," he adds as a disclaimer.

if he follows fernando's beliefs, then maybe it's just the natural selection of the universe that makes hoenn the hotspot of various weird happenings, such as ultra beasts, terrorist takeovers and legendary sightings. kyle wasn't superstitious, but the thought was amusing at the very least.

"i guess that's fair though," he concludes. "do you know any other avatar besides yourself, your assistant, alfric and balder? oh, and that one articuno guy. he's gone though. i wonder if he died."

DO4ctYpt

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LIMIT-TESTING
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 7:24:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "You say that like you disagree."

Kyle's Mightyena remain curious about Type:Null but the Pokemon has been trained well enough to function on a one track mind. Fernando doesn't understand the Pokemon completely but it seems more robotic than organic. At least personality wise. And for that he's thankful for the gracious trainer that had traded it away. Fernando's always had a penchant for personalities like Porygon and Magnemite.

"There's Grimaldi from the Aqua Festival. Her family had her relocate and under protective services after her avatarship was announced."

Fernando doesn't react to the mention of Senri. Although he had his own plans for the first avatar, he prefers to block out those thought entirely. Makes it harder to read about his own involvement.

"And there should have been you but we know how that turned out. If another chance comes by you should really considering accepting." He pauses. "It may seem like a lot of responsibility but better to have a Legendary Pokemon under capable hands than luck out on an average Hoennite."

FF05Wmk3

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
LIMIT-TESTING
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 7:40:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, but... yeah. i'm kinda conservative, y'know. i won't be able to abuse it if i ever had one. it's kinda like not using any items in the final boss, or something."

kyle rambles, and he wasn't even sure if his analogy makes sense. he has made it clear to fernando that the responsibility of being elite four is already enough for him in the past. a chuckle follows his jest.

"okay, but what about this suggestion: bailey cooper."

another elite four. another person that worked for the slateport police department. another capable trainer. the only difference was that she was reckless and unpredictable, but that shouldn't be game-breaking.

"i guess i'll consider avatarship, but if it's anything like aqua-fes, maybe i can just concede the prize to the second best or something." he scratches his head, and then turns to fernando. "if you have a legendary pokemon you'd rather be an avatar of, what would it be?"

maybe kyle can steal it just to be cheeky.

gm2k46Yl

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
LIMIT-TESTING
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 7:56:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"You say that like you're expected to abuse it—"

Fernando isn't sure whether to laugh or cry. Although abuse is a strong word considering the usage of certain titles, ranks, and privileges around him he comes to understand Kyle's meaning. Or at least he digs into it deeper than he should.

"If it means one less idiot bound Legendary then I'm all for it."

The mention of Bailey was an interesting diversion but Fernando shrugs, ignorant to the fame of Hoenn's number one Rascal. "I would prefer she accept it as well." Which Fernando can only state with good intentions due to how normal his encounters with Cooper were. He knows little about the Curse of R and how much damage they'll come to cause in the future. Unless they're banned, a silent danger always looms over Hoenn, bunkering within the depths of their depravity.

"Any Legendary Pokemon?" That's a no-brainer. "A Legendary Pokemon that wants to understand and obey me."

He laughs inwardly. Between the sound of the car imploding from the Type:Null's persistence and Kyle's question, Fernando's mood stabilizes.

"People fantasize about Pokemon they've never met or understand. They romanticize them and apply human traits to their behavior but at the end of the day these are still creatures with their own wills and personality. Imagine being so dead set on pairing up with a titan of great power that has no qualms with killing you. Not every Pokemon will want to serve you and share your mindset. "

WlSTnBCk

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
LIMIT-TESTING
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2020 8:09:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the faint rise and fall of his shoulders as he snickers portray's kyle's amusement. "i imagine some people would drink bleach just to make that happen."

internet forums discuss about people's dreams of being an avatar, especially after the blades and bulwark fiasco. superpowers were nice, but having legendary pokemon were so much nicer in their point of view.

kyle steers it back to the topic of legendary pokemon instead of being an avatar. it was a nice option to have, but he doesn't really consider it a necessity. he supposed he can keep stormy's avatarship a secret to fernando until the region needs to know about it. she can tell it to him herself if she ever wants to though.

"you know, i've been reading about galar 'mons ever since the embargo has been lifted. there's a section about legends in one material i read. the zacian and zamazenta ones look like good boys though. maybe i'll take them if i have a choice."

the topic continues to drag on like one liner shit posts on a roleplay site. the mightyena continues to cheer for the type:null with barks and yips, never really doing anything in this thread besides adding an additional paragraph or so on every post.

tb6hBZ4U

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,233 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
LIMIT-TESTING
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2020 0:27:42 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1x sparkling dust.[break]
bonus: 50 pokedollars, 1x gachapon ticket.
[break]