thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
lower than i thought we'd go, why'd the guilt spread so slow?
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 18:22:30 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]he's careful to not overstep but he still pushes because that's what he's good at. he practically dances on the line.

"i guess we'll just have to get to know each other more. regardless, the offer is always on the table." 

the final offer is sealed when he raises his cup only to move it to his lips right after. he clears his throat and shifts in his seat when she moves the attention to him. it is clear he is definitely not uncomfortable under the spotlight. in fact, he seems to shine in it.

"leaving your home when you turned ten to travel the region really knocks the timidness out of you. the eight badges helped as well."

[newclass=.lancepost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 11:58:16 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Her cheeks involuntarily flare with colour at his approach. The concept of seeing him again had been a recurring thought, but she was floored at how easily he had suggested it. She swallows, choosing not to respond - though her blush is answer enough.[break][break]

Thea watches as Lance lifts his cup to his lips, watches as he shifts under her gaze, as he revels in her attention. He's quite the charmer and he clearly knows what he's doing.[break][break]

Those strange and bubbling feelings are quickly snuffed by surprise. [break][break]

"That's impressive."[break][break]

But honestly, she had become a voice as of late to push up-and-coming trainers to leave when they were ready, not because they felt they had to. She felt more comfortable letting them start their journeys at sixteen or even as adults rather than such a young child.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 15:28:36 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]he dips his head in agreement and almost does a flourish like a showman would. 

"like i said: experience." 

one final sip is taken before he discards the cup, placing it off to the side. with nothing now in between them, he leans in just a bit closer, enough to let her know she has his full attention.

"i personally wouldn't recommend that approach. it works for some people, but i am of the mind that people should start their journeys when they feel ready to. being forced to can take the fun out of it." 

he remains observant, watching her expression.

"what do you think?"

[newclass=.lancepost b]color:#dea02c;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 18:32:55 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea glances at his flourishing hand, ultimately dismissing his bravado. Normally such action she would consider over-confidence, but in this case, she regards it as pride. And it was alright to be proud of one's accomplishments, especially after coming so far.[break][break]

She, too, finishes her coffee while it's still warm. If she'd wanted a cold coffee she'd have asked for it iced after all.[break][break]

However, when she glances back up to see him, Lance has subtly leaned himself in a little bit closer. What surprises her more is his similar mindset. It reads almost identical to the one she had personally, throwing her off-guard.[break][break]

"I.. I agree, wholeheartedly. It's better to start late than to start too early."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 19:24:28 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]he cannot help the way his lips curl into a smile at her response. more similarities form and the foundation they stand on solidify even more. slowly but surely.

"did you start late? or too early?" 

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 2:10:58 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

Thea finds herself smiling in response, the ease of it surprising her.[break][break]

"I never started at all, not really."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 10:48:26 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]once again she surprises him. her words draw him in and he finds himself leaning in just a bit closer.

"never too late to start. i'll teach you, miss rhodes."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 15:59:25 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

He leans closer and she feels herself suck in an unconscious breath at the strange intimacy of their moment. But it's his words that surprise her the most. Perhaps they also amuse her in some way.[break][break]

"And why would you want to do that?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 16:44:08 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]the amusement is lost on lance because he means what he says. blunt and honest, what he says next is no different.

"because you captivate me."

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 18:47:47 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

"Wh-what?"[break][break]

The response tumbles from her mouth before she has a chance to actually hear what he's just said. Thea's eyes search his expression for any note of insincerity or mockery - but she finds none. His face is honest, his words replicating that. [break][break]

Her cheeks burn and she leans back, drawing her hands away from their casual position on the table and closer to her lap should he let them.[break][break]

"That's.. that's very kind of you to say."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 17:01:01 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]all lance offers her in response is a smile. nothing more needs to be said in the moment and he finds himself finally drawn away from her by the buzzing of his phone. he politely checks his phone and sees the notifcation that calls for him. his eyebrows furrow, slightly disappointed.

"i'm afraid you no longer have me for the entire afternoon. it seems they need me elsewhere." 

their drinks had already been paid for so the only thing left is to say his goodbyes. he pauses for a moment.

"would you like to meet up again?"

close tab

played by

castaway

thea
she/her
twenty-eight
january 1
mistralton, unova
demisexual
battle academy teacher
civillian
kris flynn-edwards
divorced
60 height
60 height
awards
264 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thea
Alethea Ivanova
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 17:08:52 GMT
Alethea Ivanova Avatar
[nospaces]

As he draws away, so does she. Whatever mesmerizing trance is broken by the soft buzz of his phone, and she finds herself glancing at it briefly. The furrow of his brows is a tell - whatever he's read has disappointed him.[break][break]

"As is your duty, I'm sure. I'd hate to keep you."[break][break]

Lance hesitates, however, before leaving. She herself is already gathering her purse and rising to her feet to tuck her chair in. She glances up in surprise as she rises back to her full height.[break][break]

"That would be... that would be nice, yes. If that's what you'd like."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

noodles

lance
he/him
thirty-one
october 8th
twinleaf
straight
ranger
lilycove captain
334 height
334 height
awards
1,415 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lance
LANCE VOLLANS
tavata [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 17:14:25 GMT
LANCE VOLLANS Avatar
[attr="class","lancepost"]"i would." 

he too rises to his full height. they soon exchange their contact information and with that he leaves, optimistic for what the future holds.