marcel maeda
blood sport [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 20:33:05 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]a violent fire fang adds a good five degrees to the room. marcel, having already taken off his blazer a while ago, rolls up his sleeves in an effort to make the stuffy room more bearable. large as it was, the crowd was pushed right to the walls. he's only grateful for the small circle left around the bouncers out of respect (or fear--frankly he couldn't care less).
[break][break]
while the drama was certainly there, marcel couldn't understand the appeal of blood sports such as these entirely. it had none of the finesse of a trainer battle, which he could at least respect. then again, he supposed everyone needed to let their hair down every once in a while.
[break][break]
"who's your money on?" he asks, just about loud enough to be heard over the shouts.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: mission

[attr="class","tag"]@samuel

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
blood sport [m]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2020 23:37:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Hmm?” Up until this point Sam hadn’t been much attention to the fights. None of them were particular that interesting and he didn’t get off to senseless bloody violence.

Nothing was to be really gained from this outside of entertaining a bunch of savages.

But he had a bias, he knew what it was like to compete in these sort of things and the crowds were always the worst part of it, money was nice though.

Looking over to this match in particular it wasn’t hard for him to figure who was going to win this one.

”The challenger for sure.” The defender was overextending way too much to be able to keep this up.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
blood sport [m]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2020 22:29:24 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]marcel watches samuel's attention slowly flicker to the ring. he probably didn't see the appeal either, or maybe he was just focused on the job.
[break][break]
satisfied with his observation, marcel answers, "yeah, that's what i thought," his eyes travel the room quickly, checking for threats before he continued (they were here for work, after all, "but from what some of the guys were saying, our champion's got a trick up its sleeve." the pair behind him had only discussed it briefly, before moving to the bar. while marcel was skeptical, they seemed pretty friendly with the bartender. regulars, it seemed.
[break][break]
if anything, marcel was curious to see if they were right. and if not, well, he'd heard just how much money they'd be losing tonight.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
blood sport [m]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 6:59:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Right, right, and by trick you mean that they’re going to cheat.” Samuel scoffed. The fight didn’t hold his attention for any longer and his eyes went to scanning the room for anything else to take his time.

That and he wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up. He’d keep an eye on the bar and some other noticeable people but for the most part, everything was fine.

”I guess it’s good that nothing’s happened but man is that boring.” The blonde sighed. And it doesn’t help that he can’t actually doing something else in the meantime to keep himself preoccupied until his shift was over and he could go home.

At least he was getting paid nicely.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
blood sport [m]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 20:06:45 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]he echoes his quiet laughter. "perhaps." while part of him wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, marcel was familiar enough with this kind of scene to know samuel was right.
[break][break]
as the conversation continues, he scours the room once more until something catches his eye. he leans back against the wall to try and get a better look. "i wouldn't speak too soon," he says, an invitation to follow his gaze.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
blood sport [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 0:18:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Hmm?” Well this was one hell of a way to jinx yourself. Samuel looked over to where Marcel was trying to get the other one to look and once Samuel spotted it he smiled.

Finally, there was something to do other than just sit around and watch these boring fights.

”Now this is more like it.” He smiled, looking over to Marcel.

”How do you want to handle this?”
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
blood sport [m]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 20:08:05 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]though out of uniform, there's an unmistakable way in which league members carry themselves. too curious, too careful. "knock him out, leave him somewhere," marcel says after some thought, keeping his eye on the man, "nothing that'll send the rest of the league after us, so don't be too rough." they just needed to get him out of here without stirring a fuss. that'd be bad for business.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

template by kay

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
blood sport [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 0:22:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
”Gotcha chief, that’ll be easy.” Samuel replied, leaving the comfort of the railing he had been leaning on. As he approached his target he pulled out a capsule from his pocket. He was sure to keep it out of sight as to not alert the officer in disguise. Samuel would then pretend to accidentally bump into the person and played the act of an overly sorry person.

”I’m so sorry about that!” Luckily for Sam and unfortunate for this guy they had a drink that spilled all over him due to Sam bumping into him.

”Let me help you take care of that! There are some towels in the back so why don’t you come with me and will get you all cleaned up! Don’t worry I work here!” He practically dragged the man with him despite his protests.

Once they were out of sight Sam was able to put his plan into place and release his Ivysaur which used Sleep Powder on the unwanted guest.

”Woah now!” Sam was quick to grab the man has his body went limp. All he had to do was get rid of the body and they’d be good.

That part was pretty easy and by that Sam was just going to dump it off on some other goons and let them take the guy to a hotel or a hospital or something.

Give the tales as old of time of one drinking too much and passing out to explain why the man woke up somewhere new.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
blood sport [m]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 20:51:00 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]the brief encounter proved to be the most exciting point of that night. marcel listened to the chatter of spectators, occasionally repeating things of note to samuel, the two always keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. in the end, no more league officials came--he guessed they wanted to save manpower where they could.
[break][break]
"well," marcel glances at his phone as the fight comes to an end, "this was fun." pushing off the wall, he moves to make his way out the building. it was late enough that he'd be going straight home. "get home safe, samuel." he says, a habitual goodbye.
[break][break]
at least the pay was good.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

template by kay

[googlefont=Inconsolata][newclass=.post]width:310px;background-color:#1f1f1f;font:11px Inconsolata;text-align:justify;border:solid 1px #191919;padding:20px;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
blood sport [m]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2020 18:14:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Well with that done and over with it was time to go back with starring at boring fights and having nothing else to do. There were a couple of times where Samuel almost dazed off and if it wasn’t for a few moments of excitement in the fights or looking down at his own phone he probably would have.

Some part of him would have welcomed more intrusions but it was better for business that it was quiet. But eventually, all the fights for the night were done and they were free to go home.

”Hey you too.” Sam replied, giving the Admin a lazy wave before heading off.