snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 20:59:01 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]to be useful. to be worth something. it's a foreign concept for illeana reyes. perhaps that's why she almost feels like she's backed into a corner, scared and uncertain. what exactly does being useful mean to her? is it making her parents proud by continuing their legacy? following her own path and achieving her own dreams? she doesn't know.

and at first, she doesn't answer. instead, she offers him nothing but silence, nose crinkling in concentration.

he won't give her any clues, any assistance in figuring out exactly what it is that she expects to get out of being useful. no, she'll have to decide that for herself. instead, he shifts into pressing further with questions that make her still, questions that bring up information she isn't as willing to divulge. "i -- i don't know." and it's half truthful. for her, she doesn't know what it means to be useful. she only knows how to be useful for others, for their dreams and their desires.

which leads her into the next question, the next answer. and while she had expected it to not come out as easily, it does and maybe it's that sense of security she shouldn't have.

"because i don't feel useful," she murmurs. she's piling onto it before she can decide otherwise and it might be a nail in a coffin or a weight lifted from her shoulders. the jury is still out on which one. "i've always ever been useful as a tool for my parents or their careers. carrying on the family legacy, bringing notoriety to the reyes name."

an almost bitter laugh escapes her, echoing against the walls.

"how am i supposed to feel useful when i was bred and born for a single purpose? one that isn't even my own? any deviance from the path laid out for me was met with pain and blood." and it's a little sad, perhaps a little foolish, but she looks to him for answers like he'll have something to say that will quell those feelings and memories etched into her brain.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 21:16:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando has no answers because it's something she'll have to figure out herself. In some ways, he'll sculpt her to become the bishop that he needs. But in other regards, he'll have to let her grow organically. This is an instance of the latter.

"If you don't know what it means to be useful then you have no right to claim that you're not useful."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 21:31:16 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]while uncertainty is something she's grown accustomed to, it still never fails to make her skin crawl. which choice is right? which way of thinking is wrong? and so, when he offers her no answers, she tenses. he can't usher in a period of growth for her, not in the way she needs. she has to supply that for herself as difficult as it might be.

"what do you think it means to be useful?" mostly because she's curious but also because she doesn't know which direction to head in. which way is up and which is down? which will grant her the answers she seeks? both or neither at all. another sigh follows and she's attempting to distract herself from answering his own question by gently tugging at the bandages wrapped snugly around a thigh. it offers her no solace, no comfort, and eventually her fingers still. "to others, to the region, i might be useful but to myself... i don't see how i could be of any use." it's not entirely accurate, necessarily. she's useful in some ways. the title of a professor allows her to be of assistance but what is she without that?

nothing.

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 21:38:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"To provide value."

Fernando's answer is simple, truthful, and far from giving insight. It falls in line with their earlier discussion on removing her from the field while straying away from addressing the ghosts of her past. It can be taken multiple ways and he leaves it up to her own interpretation.

Silence is an insidious killer.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 21:48:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]he offers nothing more than a single sentence, speaking nothing but truth and simplicity. and yet, it leaves her with nothing. she's still at a loss. perhaps that's why she finds herself probing, searching for anything else that can be considered a lifeline. "and what is value?" she murmurs and the look she gives him is torn. half uncertain, half expectant. does she want him to give her meaning?

perhaps, in a way, she does.

"what value do i hold?" it's a simple question and yet loaded all the same. will she like the answer? or will it leave her with more questions? part of her almost wants to retract the statement, chalk it up to her own messy emotions. and yet, she doesn't. instead, it hangs in the air between them and she's placing her faith in whatever answer he gives like it's the only thing that will determine her worth.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 22:08:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]There you go. Now she's asking the right questions. That's more than can be said about but that's also why Fernando sees potential in her. All he has to do now is eliminate every obstacle around her.

"Depends on the person. You need to find your own sense of value, Reyes. Your answer might not be the right one but it's up to you to realize it."

Fernando smiles and leans back. He thinks for a moment, pondering, considering her question in-depth before giving a proper answer.

"You're well educated. You can provide scientific insight. And you're eager to please and passionate about helping out. That can a driving factor and something to cheer up an otherwise dreary lab. You also want to do nothing more than to succeed and help others. Those character traits contribute to a good role model."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 22:21:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]how does one find their own sense of value? does it lie within their past or their personality? their future or their dreams? she has to pick through the pieces of her that are her parents, those around her, and herself. and that, in itself, isn't an easy thing to do. she had been dancing on the strings of her family's name for so long that without that suffocating control, she's been lost. with the freedom to find out for herself what sort of value she holds, the possibilities seem to slip out of her grasp.

"you're right," she replies and really, he is. value has to be found by her and her alone. he isn't going to give it to her nor will anyone else for that matter. it's something that she holds but that's the difficulty of it all. where does she even start in finding it?

and then, he's smiling and probably feeding her exactly what she wants to hear. it brings a rush of heat to her cheeks, skin flushing pink around a soft smile. compliments are one thing but to hear fernando silph actually list off her good points is a different thing entirely. it almost feels like more than a compliment and perhaps that's dangerous in more ways than one but she's naive and an unfortunate sucker for those who believe in her, in what she can be.

"i'm flattered you think i'd be a good role model," it comes out with the hint of a giggle and she's putting herself exactly where he wants her without even knowing it. "if i'm being honest, i never thought that others would notice those qualities... let alone think they're valuable. thank you, sir, for the kind words."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 22:34:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando's smile dies the moment she takes the bait. It's a performance, really, but one that's practiced in necessity. It reminds him of his hospital visits after the Regirock raid. Lillian, his most trusted assistance, knows him better than anyone else. If she fell for it, who wouldn't?

"Don't thank me. Those words aren't for you. Throw away the assumption that I'm being kind. Those words are my honest opinion, without respect or concern for your feelings."

He finally stands.

"There is a time for kindness and a time for truth. I value the truth more than anything else."

Fernando leans in to pat her on the head. He averts his gaze away from her, looking toward her hospital room window.

"You're a good kid, Illeana."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 22:48:59 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]had it been foolish of her to believe he was simply being kind? perhaps. yet, she wants to see the good, wants to see the world with a rose-tinted view. and maybe knowing that he had really just been truthful instead of kind gives her some luxury of holding herself to some worth. they weren't just fabricated words, dressed up for her to feel better. no, they were genuine, concrete, real. that, perhaps, is even better than the original belief that it was kindness that prompted him to list the qualities of hers that he deems worthy.

she flushes a little deeper regardless of the way he brushes aside her gratitude because the weight of his words still resonates. the truth can be a powerful thing when wielded wisely and he is a master of the craft.

"i -- i still appreciate it all the same," she murmurs and it's her own form of honesty. it might just be nothing more than simple fact for him but for her, it's a glimpse into the way others view her. somehow, she hadn't expected it to come from him but that almost makes it even more meaningful in the end. "your honesty means a lot. i can see why you value it so much." which might be cliche but he's a man of power, of dignity, of strength. for him to see good in her? it could be earth shattering.

the moment his hand makes contact with her head, she's several shades of red at once. sure, it's nothing more than a head pat, but this is still unexpected. she would have assumed that he doesn't exactly do physical contact, especially in a manner such as this. and somehow, despite herself, her emotions slightly flutter at the gesture. they distract her from the fact that he just called her a kid, instead focusing on the sensation of his hand on her hair. "i try my hardest to be. good, that is."

if only she knew it'd never get her very far...

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 23:08:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"It's a shame, really."

What goes up must come down. Fernando looks to ease her down gently this time but his eyes never stray too far from the objective. She will be his. Not the Illeana Reyes that everyone knows and love. No, he wants something better. He wants Fernando's Illeana Reyes.

"You were born in the wrong era. Wrong region, perhaps. You would have made an amazing teacher, or social worker — a lot of things, actually. A heart of gold isn't something you come across often, Reyes. But this is not the time or place to be good."

Fernando maintains a distance and returns to the chair. He doesn't sit back down. Not yet.

"The world does not reward good. Those monsters from another dimensions don't care about good. What we need is to be strong and protect what's precious to us. We must bend and break to ensure that there is a world where good matters."

His volume returns and Fernando is adamant. Every opera has its finale and his is coming to a close.

"The League needs you and will do everything it can to make sure you're safe. We want to help realize a world where your good matters. Where we can put your good first. This is why they won't let you back onto the field. This is why there are people like me."

Fernando laughs inwardly, bitterly.

"There are people who think I'm cold. People who think I'm strict, that my face matches my heart. But there's one thing that they must always admit. I get things done, Reyes." He pauses, running his tongue against the roof of his mouth. It's dry. "And I will stand by the League on this decision. I want to see a world where your good is more important than my results. And I need you safe and sound to realize that."

Time to keep her on her toes. Swap quickly. Don't get her a time to digest. Don't let her assess and think things through. Have her rely on her emotions, follow that big thumping heart of hers.

"I'm putting together a small team, Reyes. I'm training them myself. I don't want another Littleroot."

He turns away from her.

"If you can't stay inside, safe and sound, then become someone who can survive outside."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,114 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 23:34:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]it's funny, she has never entertained ideas of being anything other than what she already is. a scientist born and raised, the pursuit of knowledge practically burned into her skin. it's all she knows, all she ever hopes to know. and yet, he feeds her ideas of different occupations better suited for the heart she wears proudly on her sleeve. except, a heart of gold is nothing more than an angel's destruction and hers isn't aware of the threats that want to sink into it.

she smiles and opens her mouth to speak, to add her own input into the conversation. only, it closes a moment later with the rough click of teeth against teeth. he continues to speak, continues to make himself known and heard in the confines of this small hospital room. somehow, someway, his voice alone is enough to send shivers down her spine.

he paints a picture for her: a world of good, of pure intentions and the pure hearted. it's one she can't deny she dreams of but the reality of what he splashes onto the canvas mauls the picture until it's nothing more than bleak and hopeless. a world of monsters is what he spins, what he delicately places in her brain as if that's the only outcome for the future. he speaks as though there will be more of them, more monsters crawling out from wormholes or from under the bed to swallow up all the good in the world until there's nothing left but destruction.

more importantly, he paints with the picture one fact that she can't shake: she's not strong enough to handle what he speaks of.

she shifts uncomfortably in her spot as he continues and while she still flushes when he says he wants her good to be more important than his own outcomes, she's left at a crossroads. he wants her to stay safe, stay good, stay pure. keep her locked away, keep her guarded as all prized possessions are. and yet, she doesn't want to be kept in a lab all day. she wants to be pure and good, sure, but perhaps more than that, she wants to be useful, meaningful, worthy.

and in the end, it seems as though he is the only one who can offer that to her.

she's left without a moment to process the offer, to really sink her teeth into every bit of information until a clear decision sticks out. no, instead she's operating solely on heightened emotions and that need to prevent what happened to her golett, her colleagues from ever happening again. and perhaps that's what prompts her into opening her mouth, into giving him exactly what he's looking for.

"i want to be strong," she whispers. and then, she's raising her head a little higher as if that will make much of a difference. as if that will make her seem like the woman she wants to be. it doesn't and she's just a child in over her head but it just might be everything that he wants. "i want to survive outside. i want to protect the ones i love." it's spoken a little louder, a little firmer. her gaze follows him, stays trained on the muscles of his back. "but i -- i don't know how to do that on my own. i might not be the best option for your team or even close to what you want but if -- if you could train me... i could survive." she's placing her faith and trust in the notion that he wants to see her succeed, that he believes in her and what she can do. and maybe she's nothing more than a lamb being led to slaughter but he's spun a web too intricate for her to notice.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 23:57:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Mission success!

Played like a fiddle — that's exactly what he wants to hear. That consolidates the first person on Team Silph. Now to grab the rest of them.

Fernando never turns back to face her but smiles to himself. There's not much more he can do. Accepting her request now will only spoil her. Let her yearn and seek out validation. There are many that are willing to offer it to whoever needs it but few can create the same draw. Weight has power and Fernando's approval is something scarce.

"Get well soon, Reyes."

He's planted the seed deep within her. Illeana might not notice it just yet but the moment she accepted the Salac she took a bite from the fruit of Eden. All it takes is one lie from the snake to put her down a road of no return.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
disturbia
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 6:30:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]thread complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 25 pokedollars & 2 infamy.
[break]