snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
falling
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2020 2:57:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]"i hope i get the opportunity to do just that," she murmurs. another ghost of a kiss peppered to skin previously pinched, as if the first one wasn't enough to quell some sense of satisfaction. it's a nice thought, really, to have that chance. to pick the brain of someone who understands what she's working on, to get opinions from someone unbiased by current expectations dashed or political warfare. and maybe she just might. only time will tell.

his observant nature is both a gift and a curse in most situations. he's grown accustomed to the shifts in her demeanor, perhaps more than she'd actually like. it's as easy as turning a page for him to see the cracks in whatever composure she's trying to wear that day. and it's even easier for him to ward them off as they come. "that's easy for you to say," she murmurs, body settling once his shifting is done. there's no place for her to run from the honesty he's providing, even if she wants the sheets and pillows to swallow her up. it's the same sort of notion that fernando had given her earlier and yet, it means so much more in this moment. a sigh escapes and she's pressing a little closer as if closer contact will cement his way of thinking into her own skull. "they won't hold much if i can't be more, if i can't do more. it's remarkable, sure, but where does one go from there?" at what point will she be satisfied with the progress she's made? when the ceiling limiting her shatters into glass shards at her feet? when those same glass shards leave her bloody and scarred?

her eyes drift away from his to their chests pressed together, to the way the rhythmic pattern of breathing syncs. play to her strengths, make the right choices. it's easy to say but how does she recognize what her strengths are? when weakness clouds every inch of her mind until it's nothing more than the insecure haze of a little girl from snowpoint. she can't rely on men like him or the councilman to supply her with the strengths she needs. no, she has to find them for herself, has to recognize the power she holds. but... when that path leads her toward wrong choices veiled by the illusions of good intentions and pure hearts, what then? "i -- i'll try," she murmurs but it isn't enough. it might never be enough to just try. she wants to succeed.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
falling
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 17:43:30 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]"forward." the response is given plainly. a part of him had long realized that her insecurities will always cloud her sense of accomplishment. no amount of work will make her worthy of the praise she so rightly deserves. and it pains him to know she feels that way.

alexander breathes before continuing. "don't let doubt shadow your past accomplishments. be proud, be confident, and know that any work you do moving forward will only contribute more." 

her answer escapes as a murmur and however weak it may be, he takes it in full and smiles to reassure her. he squeezes her hand and says, "if you ever start to feel lost just let me know. i'll always be here to guide you."

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
falling
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 1:07:39 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]it sounds so simple, so plain the moment it escapes him. forward, as if there's no other option. no going back and no rewriting the past. and while it makes sense, something about it almost makes her anxious. as if what lies ahead is somehow worse than the past. funny, she had walked through fire before but would she be able to do it again? for herself and her own dreams, no less?

a sigh escapes and she shifts further into him, eyes fluttering shut. the words settle in spaces of her mind and linger for longer than he might have intended. it's not the worst thing to echo in there, not by a long shot. perhaps it's even better than the rest. a faint smile rises. "i'll remember that," she murmurs and it's a promise she knows she can easily make. it'll stay for a while, a soft light left on in a dark house to guide the way through. "even if it takes a little work, i--i'd like to be proud of all of it." of herself, of her work, even of her past. it sounds like nothing more than pretty words but the sentiment is there. she means every bit of it.

her hand returns the squeeze without hesitation, fingers holding his a little tighter even after the squeeze fades. "i appreciate that," a pause to open her eyes, to glance up at him. "and you more than you know." as close of an admittance she's comfortable with for now. he can read between the lines to see the meanings laced between syllables; he knows her well enough to see through it all anyway.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
falling
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2020 10:37:10 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]it will take time but alexander belives in her. someday, she will be proud of all of her work, that much he knows. he just hopes to be by her side when the time comes.

her words bring with them warmth he so appreciates. he leans a little closer as if they aren't already nestled against each other. "always." to seal his promise, he kisses her forehead.

eventually, they settle into comfortable silence where the only sounds that disturb are sounds that leak through from outside and the beeping of the heart rate monitor. alexander stays for as long as he needs to, unwilling to move until she's sound asleep, and even then he struggles to want to move. in that moment, he decides:

illeana is his everything.

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]