part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
dancing with our hands tied [c]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2020 2:13:10 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]

[]

Katherine can't help but feel as if she's in the wrong place.

It is a gala she wasn't invited to-- well, she wasn't trespassing or anything but... Being hired to work at a party was not the same as accepting an invite for it. And despite the fact that she had experience in this department, it still felt awkward. The lingering stares of some people, the way some of them must have silently judged her for...

Frankly, she couldn't think of anything they could judge her for except for this hideous outfit.

One of her co-workers mentions that more champagne glasses have been asked for, so Katherine begins to pour some of the golden, bubbly drink into the tall glasses. And it is then that her gaze comes across the face of a particular man. The mere fact attended this gala catches the Rocketess by surprise.
And of course, she recognizes him. Who wouldn't?

Kat can't help but feel like a complete idiot when she realizes that she hadn't recognized him earlier. He should have been the first person in the room to be recognized by her.

And her violet eyes linger on him for far longer than accepted-- far longer than necessary, too. The champagne is poured into a glass carelessly until it begins to spill and stain the tablecloth. Oops.

She murmurs a curse as soon as the spilled alcohol is noticed.
Fuck.

tags:
notes: ---
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#e05d87; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 22:36:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Occasions like these were always a drag. Fernando knows the scenery well and it always ends up with the same circles of people. It's either old, boring money or trust-fund kiddies that don't understand the responsibilities that come with their legacy. There are always exceptions to the rule but and can be just as annoying in their own right. That's why Fernando hovers toward those that don't belong. They provide and escape from the dry routine, helping him kill the night with a fresh experience while still allowing him to make his appearance.

Another pair of League politicians end up leaving his side with a smile and some mild chuckling as Fernando waves them off. He holds an equally amused smile until he's out of their line of sight. The facade comes undone slowly, reverting to the same stone cold bitch face that's made him famous.

He looks to dull his boredom with another drink, turning just in time to catch the start of Katherine's spillage. Her eyes are on him for far too long and he catches the tail end of her gaze, attributing it to her little mishap. It puts a smug smile on his face — flattering, really — and approaches.

"Don't worry, I pour more than I can handle all the time." He reaches for a decorative napkin and starts to dot the spot she's spilled in. There's no way to reverse the color of the stain but they can still dry up the spot. "Get a little too eager to wind down after a difficult day."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 23:22:21 GMT

[]

It feels a lot like a scene from a fairy tale movie about a prince and his soulmate-to-be. The way Fernando approaches, Katherine's little mishap, the gala she didn't belong to - and the soft blush that painted her cheeks after the embarrassment set. The soft sound of a piano playing in the background served as the first song in the opening act, where the two finally meet.

But in reality, despite how glamorous this situation might be perceived - it was anything but.

She felt anxious with his arrival, her pulse rising. Just because she recognized him doesn't mean he'd recognize her. He doesn't know her. He has no idea that this isn't their first time seeing each other. The incident in Littleroot still somewhat scared her, sure, but her face was masked throughout it.

She was fine.

"H-Haha... I am sorry you had to see that. I should have paid more attention to what I was doing." An apologetic smile tugs at the corners of her lips. Stay cool, Katherine reminds herself.

"Fernando, right? It's rare that I recognize someone who attends these parties." And frankly, after today? She'll probably want it to happen even less often. Her hand reaches for the napkin he'd been using to absorb the spilled alcohol, "You don't have to- please. Let me. It was my mistake."

It sounds like a request, sure, but she was also willing to softly yank it out of his grasp if necessary. The tablecloth is patted with it a couple more times before there's no liquid left to absorb.

"Can I bring you something? A dessert? Some other drink? ..An excuse to leave early?

tags:

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2020 10:12:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"I guess all those appearances they make me attend aren't for nothing." Before Fernando can protest her resolve to fix the situation herself, the napkin is pilfered from his fingers and he's left to watch Katherine clean up. "Oh? That last one sounds interesting."

He holds a look of curiosity before breaking out into a small laugh. "Unfortunately, I don't think they'd let me get away with that. After all, duty calls, supposedly." He extends a hand. "Fernando Silph." She already knows who he is but the same cannot be said for him. It feels weird introducing himself to someone who knows his name but its an awkwardness he's learned to come to accept. Still better than asking for their name directly.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 20:37:15 GMT

[]

Katherine studies the Silph's features when he chuckles-- in a way that is similar to how one would expect a fan to adore a celebrity with their eyes. In this case, however, it's admiration and awe mixed along with fear. Fernando was a big deal. And it's not something that was easy to ignore, not in his presence at least.

"Katherine." The last name isn't offered, but she extends her own hand in order to shake his. She knew how to be well-mannered when necessary. "I think most would understand if you were to leave early a party this boring. I mean... They need to organize them better, don't you think?" Her violet eyes drifted towards the drying stain of alcohol on the tablecloth, "I am pretty sure they would hire just anyone to work at these events."

She certainly was talking about herself among other unqualified members of the staff.

tags:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 23:00:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Katherine." Fernando repeats the name when their hands touch. His memory is as rigid as his grip, firm enough to commit her name and face to short-term memory.

"Ha. Well I'm glad you agree. Unfortunately, they don't see it that way and it'll be rude to let them lose face." He finds a brief humor in the contrast between their worlds. His gaze turns back to some of the other glasses, wondering if it would be rude to take one away, and ultimately decides against it. "Although a job is a job, isn't it."

It's only now that he decides to judge the gala's decor and ensemble. It pales in comparison to the grandeur of his childhood but that was a time before Rocket. Decadence comes from peace and Hoenn's yet to truly know it.

"Do they not pay enough?"

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 3:17:46 GMT

[]

Fernando had a point.

This place was full of narrow-minded people who cared for very specific things. And showing how much fun you're having at a party like this was one of them. In a community where your name meant everything - the idea of building it further up was no different from the desire to maintain it.

Living your life in such a luxurious way didn't come without a price.

"It is certainly..." Katherine contemplates her next words for a few seconds until a smile graces her lips, "A means to an end. Just like most things." In all honesty, she couldn't care less about this place. There weren't many jobs she cared to keep, and this certainly wasn't one of the chosen few.

"It's not enough to keep me around." But she has yet to discover the right price for that. "But it can be nice from time to time. And I also like juggling more than one job when I can." A couple of members of the staff made sure that Kat could see them staring at her for, well, not doing her job. But it didn't seem to phase her.

"I am sure it's different for council members though. No need to find something new and interesting when so many things keep you occupied."

She was referring to the Littleroot incident. Nervous or not, Katherine carried herself with a sense of entitlement and a complete disregard for social tact.

"Oh. And the pay. I am sure the pay is also better."

tags:

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 9:19:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando's not sure whether to laugh or grumble. Her assumption falls in line with what most people perceive the League's infrastructure to follow and they couldn't be more wrong. "I'm sure you get paid more than me," he answers with an sharp nod of his head. The laugh that echoes from his motion undermines the reality of his position and his eyes fall back in line to mirror her own.

"Knowing that you're doing good for the region is the only real compensation that comes from being a Councilman." Talking about work is something he can always find time for but it leaves his throat as dry as their conversation. Fernando doubles back on his earlier decision and wraps his fingers against one of the glasses that managed to avoid any mishaps.

"Although making sure it doesn't go up in flames is my own personal reason for staying in office. The price I pay to make sure it stays that way isn't the most rewarding thing it comes with its perks. Doubt we'd meet like this back during the old Slateport days."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 1:15:46 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]
Don't think...[break]Obey.

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

"Seriously?"
[break][break]
It's not the first thing Katherine expects to hear about the councilman's salary. In fact, she genuinely doubts that he was being honest. Maybe he was too rich to appreciate a good salary. Maybe she harbored too many misconceptions about the Silph. Whichever it was, the doubt it leads to remains the same.
[break][break]
"Well... It's not like you have to worry about money, is it?" Kat is blunt in all the ways she shouldn't be. In the last few minutes, she spilled champagne that was worth more than her pay for today's event. To make matters worse, it seemed like she was treading on a thinner line, where she might end up insulting one of the guests.
[break][break]
And an important one, at that.
[break][break]
"Ah. I suppose it depends on how old exactly we're talking, no?" Before the invasion, during or after. Coincidentally, Katherine has been living in Slateport through each of those periods. What a privilege it was, working for the organization that took over the city in the first place.
[break][break]
Their conversation had gone stale, and Kat isn't sure of whether if she can or even should salvage it. She is too concerned about saying the right thing that she's barely saying anything. "Is there anything you might want me to bring you, Fernando?" Is all she managed to come up with. "I think that if I don't get back to doing my job soon, my boss will get really mad. And trust me, if you were me, you wouldn't want to hear him yell either."
[break][break]
It's an excuse... But hopefully not a terrible one.

[attr="class","runruntag"]

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#8D44A3;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#8D44A3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#8D44A3!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 22:43:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Thankfully, I'm privileged enough not to have to worry about that."

Despite his own outlook on life, Fernando recognizes the opportunity given to him by his upbringing. He still downplays it when complaining about others, ignoring just how significant obscene wealth plays into cultivating someone into an influential power player. However, having it used against him doesn't bother him. He accepts it in stride.

"There's only one period of time I can think of where we'd be unable to convene like this." He spreads his arm against the backdrop of their scenery, displaying the grandeur of their evening. The implication is obvious and Fernando's defaults back into something more reserved.

"Ah." There's not much he can say in regard to Katherine's plight. He can only sheepishly shy away, dismissing the only witty quip he can come up with as something inappropriate considering the occasion. "Actually, is there anything you recommend? I'm not too picky."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2020 5:10:09 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

She hums for a couple of moments, allowing the question to linger in her mind as the options are weighed and considered.
[break][break]
"Honestly, there are so many things I wouldn't even know where to start. They have most types of meat, fish, vegan options... I don't know, I don't even think I've tried half of these things." And frankly, she doubted that they shared the same taste for food. If she had to guess, Fernando had much higher standards. With the glass of champagne in his hand, she knew that offering him another drink was unnecessary.
[break][break]
"--Oh! The desserts. They look really good."
[break][break]
She preferred to skip that section more often than not, but on an occasion like this, it was hard to ignore how luxurious and well-made the food seemed to be. "I saw some red velvet cake that looked heavenly. And I swear I am not exaggerating." She doesn't wait to hear whether if Fernando is even willing to try it, but instead, she scurries away to bring a piece back with her.
[break][break]
The plate is offered for him to take, "I could feed you myself and all, but I have a feeling that it'd draw the wrong sort of attention."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#8D44A3;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#8D44A3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 1:43:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando's taste buds are just as sour as he is. Sweets line the bottom of his food list but she doesn't give him a chance to interject. Katherine is faster than his protest, leaving him to resign himself to his inevitable fate. Much like the donut from , he'll accept it out of civility, taking a bite with a smile and gasping in a surprised expression at how delicious it taste. It's all a lie but a white lie that's common place enough that he feels no remorse in deluding the other.

Without missing a beat, he accepts the plate with his hands, not quite making a move to cut into it with his fork. "Then why offer?" If he's going to suffer through it then he might as well share the pain. Unbeknownst to her, revenge is best served on a cold dessert plate.

"You could always blame it on me, no? Food tastes better when fed by someone else."

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 9:19:18 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

"Well..."
[break][break]
Frankly, Katherine only felt comfortable saying this because she presumed Fernando wouldn't entertain such an offer. When he does, however, she's taken aback and she reevaluates whether if she was serious or not. If it was anyone else, she'd have already picked up that fork by now. She is somewhat awestruck, and it's...
[break][break]
Uncomfortable and almost jarring due to the fact that she's so not used to it.
[break][break]
"I just thought–" Her head shakes from side to side, dismissing whatever else she had to say. "Never mind. If gossip doesn't bother you, then I'd be happy to help." He's bold enough to keep her on her toes, and she hadn't figured out whether if she likes it or not. The Rocketess schools her features into a soft smile, the fork taken by her right hand.
[break][break]
The piece she cuts from the cake is a small one, but just big enough for Fernando's taste buds to be overwhelmed by the sweetness of the dessert and the artificial, vanilla-flavored cake frosting. It was perfectly baked. There's not a crumb of dryness.
[break][break]
"So... Give me your honest opinion? It's just between us, I promise not to tell the chef."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 9:58:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]That makes two of them. While yes, he had provoked her, he had also expected her to be the voice of reason. Something about how it wasn't worth jeopardizing her job or something along those lines. Unfortunately, it seems like she cares little for it or is earnestly looking toward placing any blame on him. Not that anything like this is that scandalous in nature but his League co-workers might have a stroke should anyone accuse Fernando of being anything but a hard ass.

One bite is all it takes for the sugar to bleed his tongue dry. To his surprise, the cake isn't dry in the slightest. The sheer moistness of it makes it a pleasure to eat, melting on his tongue, and exquisite in texture. However, it's still sweet at the end of the day. Fernando swallows the bite with as few chews as possible, all smiles in a genuine look of approval, secretly repulsed by the gravity of the treat's depth.

"Mmm." He clicks his tongue to bite back the syrupy after taste that comes with anything remotely sugary. "Why don't you tell me?"

In a smooth, purposefully gentle grasp, he slides the fork out from her fingers and into his own. In the same display, he cuts her a slightly larger piece than the one she fed him. He gestures at her mouth, waiting for her consent in the form of an open maw.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2020 10:01:37 GMT
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥
[attr="class","katherine"]
It comes completely out of left field when Fernando reaches for the fork and steals it from her grasp. Katherine is too used to controlling everything. It's only natural that she doesn't expect this.

"I am glad you liked it–" Was he serious? It'd be much more inappropriate for her to be fed by him - especially considering the fact they've already earned a couple of curious stares from nearby onlookers. It feels wrong to continue, like she's taunting fate itself and practically asking it to punish her. This is her hubris. This arrogance that clings to her soul and refuses to let go.

If Fernando was willing to offer, she was willing to accept.

Her mouth opens and he's allowed to deliver the piece of cake inside. It's inappropriate enough as is, but she wasn't the type to accept being upstaged in a stride. Instead, Katherine holds the fork inside for much longer than necessary. She even goes out of her way to maintain eye-contact with Fernando.

It should feel awkward, but the thrill of being yelled at by someone or hell, becoming the talk of the party, excites her. The waitress who stepped out of line. It sounded amusing in her mind.

"It tastes divine."

"I doubt there's anything else in here that could taste better." It's hard to tell whether if she's still discussing desserts, or, well... Whatever was the alternative.

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]