Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Emergency [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 21:36:07 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

The issue struck right as Lucas was about to watch a livestream from his favorite channel. No matter how many times he tries to power up his computer it wouldn't boot. Desperate to watch the stream on his computer he pulls out his phone and searches for a computer repair shop.

Without bothering to so much as check store's hours Lucas calls the phone number associated with the top result.

"Hello? Yeah I've got a problem with my computer. It won't turn on and I need to access it right now."
[break]

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Emergency [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2020 23:18:52 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]a siren goes off--or at least, that's what it sounds like when marcel's woken with a start. his first instinct is to release his noivern, but when she looks at him quizzically, he's forced to consider other possibilities.
[break][break]
by the time marcel's sat up, he's realised a number of things: it's dark out, he's on his sofa, and that godawful blaring was coming from his phone. well, one of them. the next few seconds a spent checking the screens of the phones in his blazer, and then his jacket, pockets before he finally locates the culprit.
[break][break]
"this--" he clears his throat, "this is--"
[break][break]
whatever introduction he might have given is drowned out by the man's complaint. it's only after this he bothers to check the clock. "we're closed. hours are on our site."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Emergency [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2020 15:20:22 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas didn't have a functioning device not in use to fact check the employee. Though that didn't diminish the confidence that he was in the right.

"Well if you were really closed you wouldn't have picked up," Lucas quickly points out. "Now I've already unplugged and even rebooted my computer but I'm still getting a black screen." In the same breath he explains what he's tried to fix the computer.

"So what do I do now?
[break]

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Emergency [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 16:35:05 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]for a while, marcel contemplates putting the phone down. he wonders what the chances were of the man leaving a bad review, but then remembers he doesn't have a working computer anyway. the chances are drastically slimmed down.
[break][break]
but despite all that, he decides to give it one, half-hearted try. just so he couldn't say he was an ass. "you sure it's turned on at the socket?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:23px;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Emergency [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2020 20:07:42 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Turned on? Well yeah, of course it's turned on. How would I even that off in the first place?" Lucas began to think that he'd picked the wrong store to call. Their employees clearly didn't know how to diagnose his problem efficiently.

Lucas glanced at the clock on his wall. The stream was fast approaching. "Look," Lucas began to get frustrated with the employee. "My computer worked when I left for work this morning, and now it doesn't. Does that narrow things down?"
[break]

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Emergency [Closed]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2020 9:45:52 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]in his defence, marcel's still waking up. lying back against the couch, he musters the will to carry on talking. "could be dust, could be a fan problem, maybe you're getting hacked," the last suggestion is said with an extremely dry tone, "i can't really tell if i can't see it."
[break][break]
marcel boots up his laptop and begins typing. might as well get some work done. "is your monitor plugged in properly?"
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Emergency [Closed]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2020 3:24:57 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas rapped his fingers against the office table as the employee spoke. At the mention of hackers his hand froze and heart rate raised.

"What do you mean my monitor is plugged in?" He asked angrily. "Of course it is. Lights up and everything." With one hand he pressed the glowing display button on the monitor. He watched as the light on the button went out.

Frustrated Lucas got on his knees and ducked under the table. "Look everythings plugged in," he said over the phone. One by one he inspected each wire. Moving down the back of his computer case Lucas found a mountain of dust bunnies where his power cable and fan should be. Without hesitation he stuck his hand. He got bitten immediately.

"God dammit," Lucas shouted as he retracted his hand and banged his head against the roof of the desk. Clamped down firmly on his hand was a small anorith.
[break]

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Emergency [Closed]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 20:37:11 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]he wants to point out that he cannot, in fact, look, but feels the joke would go unappreciated. as the man continues, he goes through his emails.
[break][break]
shit, one of his temps had cancelled. marcel begins typing a response to beg otherwise, before the sudden thud brings him back to the call.
[break][break]
"you alright there, sir?" he asks absently.
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
Emergency [Closed]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 21:09:29 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"No god" Lucas replied angrily. "What do you think." The words came through clenched teeth.

Lucas dropped his phone and partially crawled out from under the table. He swiped his hand blindly over the top of the table which knocked a pokeblock dispenser the ground. The plastic casing shattered when it hit the ground, scatting the pokeblocks on the ground. At the site of food anorith let go of Lucas' hand. It crawled over the phone to get to the pokeblocks, which it promptly devoured.

Seething Lucas picked up his phone. "Problem solved." He ended the call and rushed toward the kitchen for an ice pack.
[break]

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
Emergency [Closed]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 21:21:44 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","rocket"]the next few seconds make nothing any clearer, and his frustration grows. when he hears something break, he gives a smug huff and gets back to his laptop. before he knows it, the man's talking again.
[break][break]
there's no time for a retort; marcel would later realise that was for the best. in the silence, he finds himself replaying the last few minutes, wondering what had just happened.
[break][break]"bastard."
[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay