awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 22:41:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Ah. If you insist. But if it gets worse, please address it rather than letting it fester. I would hate for it to grow into something incurable if it was preventable in the first place."

Refusing medical examination after dying is almost unheard of. Her outright stubbornness is irksome but Fernando doesn't press it. He doubts he can convince her otherwise and attributes it to her quirky personality. It's concerning in hindsight but he'll add it to his psychological profile or her character and work forward from there.

"No. No one was able to be identified because so many people acted on their own accord," he reiterates to drive the point home. The fact that his accusation goes right over her head doesn't surprise him but that makes the conversation that much harder to steer.

He'll throw out what he knows and try to see what he can fish up.

"We're even unable to identify a motive behind the acts. Whoever owned that Pelipper and Delphox are our primary suspects. They're both females, but that's the most we have to go on. There are others, naturally, but we don't have enough details. Perhaps it's the Delphox who attacked you?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 23:50:22 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Her eyes flickered to Fernando, and promptly ignored what he had said. She wasn't responsible for the other people there, nor did that change the fact that the enemy was already inside when she had entered. [break][break]

She almost opened her mouth to correct Fernando, knowing that the Pelipper owner was Alexei, decidedly not female, but she kept her tongue still. Like Lars, she didn't wish to harm one of her rescuers. The Delphox was harder to remember, having seen it only at the beginning of the incident, but she didn't forget a Pokemon. Selena. Certainly not an enemy of hers. [break][break]

"Not the Delphox. The Pelipper and Delphox owners saved me...well, dragged me out of the building, I heard. I did see them, we were flying up, and somebody killed me as we escaped the explosion." With that, she could assume it was somebody who caused the explosion, or knew it would happen. Why else would they waste precious time killing a Ranger? "I don't know why they killed me, though. There must have been someone better to kill, like you." As she spoke, she didn't speak if any way to identify Selena or Alexei, they were partners of hers in that moment. She wouldn't give them up, but she would voice curiosities of hers.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Spring Cleaning mission!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 0:07:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Perhaps."

A secondary witness testimony only goes so far. Fernando considers it, of course, but weighs it appropriately with how accurate he considers the statement. "But unless you know them then we're still unsure of their part in all of this. Could be a coincident or misinterpretation," he interjects, rubbing his chin in thought.

However, her confirmation of her killers is a new detail that no one's mentioned so far. While Fernando still suspects everyone involved, having his trail pointed at a clear culprit is easier to hone in on than second guessing every possible perp. Her accusation does not go amiss but he ignores her lack of tact. It bleeds through her vernacular.

"What makes you think I'm a better target?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 1:23:15 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Indeed, that was logical enough, she supposed. Still didn't mean she had any reason to tell him she did know the two. Whether or not he figured it out, her two rescuers were nowhere near the tree, they weren't dangerous, and she wasn't leading the conversation to a place where her allies were questioned. [break][break]

"You're the better target." She indicated towards him, tilting her head, "If I battle a group of Pokemon, when the leader is defeated, they scatter, even just for a little while. I'm just a Ranger, and you are someone important, there's a lot to gain in you if they wished to hurt more people. Unless they're stupid...or emotional. I heard lots of people do things out of spite, and if they killed me for no reason, I at least know they will do more unnecessary things like that." Even she could operate with some logic, and she knew killing for no reason was a huge way to gain enemies.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 8:14:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"People aren't Pokemon. Half of the League wouldn't bat an eye if I fell. I'm sure most would feel relief knowing I wouldn't be breathing down their backs anymore." He'll crack it as a quip but there's no joke behind those words. Despite how much they try to hide it by gossiping behind closed doors, his reputation proceeds him and he's well aware of it.

"But they could have also thought you had malicious intentions as well. Everyone knows who I am. I'd love to say otherwise but I don't think the same could be said about you." Thinking back on it, something doesn't sound quite right. While Kaida's face wasn't as prominent in the report, her choice of Pokemon were. "How'd you try to escape. I don't remember you having a flying Pokemon to help you fly away."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2020 18:47:41 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"That's idiotic." She shook her head, lips curling back, "Why do they let you be a councilman, then?" If he was so disliked, how did his leadership survive? "Still, even if so-called allies were happy, I still say there's more logic in targeting you. I'd be certain I would be taking out somebody skilled." He had the right point, everybody knew him, and judging from the fanfare they were given when she battled him, she could trust he was considered skilled. She still found it a better idea to attack a known threat than an unknown. "If someone killed me because they thought I was "malicious"," The very word pulled a sneer on her mouth, "Then shouldn't they say so? I would think they would try to capture me, or is killing something that is ok now?" She had to follow rules just to survive, and she hoped it wasn't ok just because the incident was very exciting. [break][break]

Oh. Right. Her escape was a very impossible task. [break][break]

"I tried to jump on a Braviary." She explained, hands moving with her words as if they were very eager to help the explanation, "It burst through the floor and, well, I wanted to live, so I jumped to grab it." Her face fell, "I missed it, the ones on the Pelipper grabbed me, and the attack hit me from below." Her hands dropped, the explanation over, "Naturally, I don't remember anything after that, apologies."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 0:30:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]They? They don't have a choice. He doesn't mention this, naturally, but the need to gloat threatens to surface. Instead, he tries to diminish the sardonic grin that bites at the edge of his smile. "Not many people can do what I do, much less convince the populace." He skips a beat to allow Kaida the chance to flush out her reasoning. In some ways, she has a point, but all of it is contingent on everyone following her line of thinking.

"That's a bold assumption for people in the heat of the moment. Under duress, most people lash out due to instinct." There's a high chance she'll miss out on the irony of their conversation but Fernando can't say no to the bait. "For instance, everyone present disregarded common sense and charged straight through security. Whatever happened down there caused everyone to panic and their disregard for orderly fashion made everything much messier than it should have."

The fireworks are over and Fernando's Tapu Fini returns to his side. It remains idle, staring at the empty space between the two.

"So you leapt at someone's Pokemon and someone attacked you from behind. Hm." There's probably a reasonable explanation for this but there's too many unknowns for him to confidently derive any sort of conclusion. "Well, it can't be helped. I doubt I would've remembered anything. What's most important is that you're safe and sound."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 1:07:52 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

"...hmm." Kaida's brow sinks a little lower, but she feels Fernando's own statement only makes her own make more sense. "Then, you're valuable." She can't phrase it in a more detailed way, only in the way that makes sense to her, "If there are few people like you, I wouldn't want you to be my enemy. Given the chance, I'd imagine someone would try to kill you, rather than me...I only became important after dying." Whatever her importance now, there was no point to killing her in that moment.

She feels she's being pulled into a conversation that Lars warned her about. It pounds in her throat like a heartbeat, her teeth pressing painfully together, and despite her desire to present another scenario: of the man with all those enemies, alone, where she doubted even the sap would have been retrieved, she shrugs and answers with the politeness she have learned kept her safe, safer than spitting at whatever wrong she found. Again, it wasn't a lie. "Surrounded by enemies, and a tree falling, I guess it's a little much to have everyone focus." So, there was a way the enemy could have acted in an illogical way. If everyone freaked out, then killing her wouldn't look like such a illogical action. Perhaps it was greedy of her, but she didn't see a way the Littleroot incident could have changed or gone better, she just wanted to gain as much information as she could. Killing her was just the start, her family would be in danger for any other battle. So she needed to know what she could. [break][break]

She can't act properly, and sheer confusion twists her face as Fernando expresses the importance of her own safety, "T-thank you?" Her mumble trails off into silence, then the first question that forms in her mind, "Why is it important?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 1:26:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Her confusion becomes his own. What kind of question is that? And more importantly, what kind of stray mutt did adopt.

"Because despite the failure of Littleroot Town, the safety of League personnel is my highest priority." There's not a better way for him to break it down. Not without going into a tireless tirade on the value of life versus property, whichever asset they may be. At least until he realizes how much the sap is worth.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 1:46:26 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Right. Of course that was why it was important. [break][break]

Her Pokemon had returned to their duties, warbling and crying out their own appreciation to Tapu Fini's lightshow. Ironically, she felt safer as they milled around, some aware of Kaida's tension, but most blissfully unaware. Still, her company was near. She felt protected enough to continue. [break][break]

"Lots of Pokemon died, I wouldn't say my life coming back matches how many were lost." How could it? Pokemon were the strong ones, not her, how could her revival into her completely useless self match to how much strength was lost?

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 1:51:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "It doesn't." Fernando can feel his temples scrunch closer together as he tries to spell this out slowly. "But, considering what happened, one of the few positives we can be happy with currently, is that you're alive and healthy. It doesn't invalidate the tragedy that has happened but it is important that we salvage what we can instead of letting it get worse."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 2:08:27 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida had to concede the point, salvaging whatever positives was a good idea to her, even through any disasters. Her nod signaled her own agreement with the concept, before another idea surfaced. [break][break]

"Was anybody else "dead"?" She asked, "I am the only I know, but even you didn't know I was alive, yet I was. Is there anybody else? I think a really good positive would be to know what happened, and if it happened to anybody else." Some whispering part of her mind always pointed towards the tree and, if that was true...it was a true legendary event, the tree.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 2:33:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] That's an interesting point. Fernando hadn't considered it at first, too flabbergasted with the fact that Kaida was alive. Was what happened to her the exception to the rule? It's something to investigate and he makes a mental note to reach out to the mortician.

"Two other confirmed dead. None of which have been reported living. I'll check in on this." Fernando considers taking his leave, too preoccupied with this newfound development. "So, who else knows you're alive?"

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 4:41:27 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida had thought the development would be interesting, and she was more than a little interested in seeing somebody else alive in the same manner as her. If so, then it had to be the tree, and not some unknown quality of hers. "Thank you, I'm curious as well...strange to be the only one with something frightening like this happening to her." A blessing, to be sure, but for what? It was only natural that whatever revived her, and any others, likely did so for a purpose, and she could only imagine she was alive and expected to pay it back. If not to the tree, then something in this world...the Pokemon? The adoring thought almost made her smile, her life for Pokemon, wouldn't that be great? [break][break]

The start of a smile fell off her face at Fernando's next question, her immediate thought being to obscure Lars own knowledge of her. Still, she couldn't claim nobody...blatant lies like that were her hate, and she had no desire to fall back on it. "The hospital staff knew I was alive. Checked me thoroughly before I was released. I...tried to find my rescuers, but I never found them." It was true, she never did find Selena, and Alexei had been somebody else when she was rescued. She hesitated as she thought up one last person, and blurted it out with a sigh, "I did see Illeana, and her me...we're friendly in some manner, though I don't think she knew I died." And that was it, a sufficient amount of truth before she shrugged non-commentingly, "Some other people must have saw me, but surely they didn't know I was Kaida." Lars would be safe, and surely they couldn't punish Illeana for not knowing she was dead. Everything would be alright as she looked the picture of stupid and smiled, white teeth lying about her false happiness "Really, I think the only people that matter that know I'm alive is my team here."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2020 6:54:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Surprisingly, Kaida provides something of value. Despite what she might think, Fernando's able to gleam more than enough frmo her little snippet. Between the various people leads a trail of people to interrogate, one by one, until he lines up the pieces in this painstakingly long puzzle. proves to be a substantial figure and one he'll have a deep talking to once he finds the proper timing.

"Thank you. I appreciate your time, Miss Adachi." He gives her a small nod of his head before departing, pulling out his phone and going straight into texting .

"Stay safe," he shouts, taking off the moment Tapu Fini returns to his side.