Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
You're the pulse in my veins, you're the war that I wage, can you change me?
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2020 16:50:15 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[attr="class","mthread"][attr="class","league"]

Maybe she's a fool for choosing to live near Slateport, or maybe her only foolish action was letting her Pokemon drift near the Outskirts, where they could be seen. Still, there is the possibility that it was only foolish when she chose to stick around more than a day, cleaning the field her Pokemon and a shrine dwelled in like it wasn't going to get dirty again. [break][break]

Nearby, Silk used measured Sandstorms to score at the dirt, flattening it down until it matched the rest of the ground, for better movement and lack of injury for the little ones. Muspel was...trying. Her wings, claws, and fiery tail made picking up and sweeping away leaves a frankly dangerous task, but she made it so simple to toss away. If anything, Munin seemed the most skilled. Cleaning supplies were lacking except for some rags Kaida had on hand, and she diligently wiped at the shrine with a delicate claw that suggest she knew the importance of it to Kaida. At the edges of the field, Hel, Freya, and Hema napped. Kaida let them, they needed it. Ormr clung to her neck as usual, a guard she could easily forget about. [break][break]

The rest of the strange group was elsewhere, resting in the forest, hunting, but the fact stood, they wouldn't be witnesses for what next happened. [break][break]

"I heard it's polite to keep a shrine clean, maybe it'll like this." Kaida spoke to nobody in particular, knowing her Pokemon heard her. The old thing still had no reason to it, no name she could assign whenever she bowed her head, but it was here. It felt important to keep everything clean here.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: Spring Cleaning mission!

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 0:14:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] There are only two reasons Fernando ever ventures into the outskirts of Slateport: there's something he wants or he's been requested to dispatch something others can't handle. In this case, it's the former, lured onto the religious grounds by the way of his Tapu Fini. The Legendary Pokemon serves as a guide for a phenomenon he's yet to understand but who is he to question the Pokemon's purpose?

When he comes into the clearing it becomes obvious why the Tapu Fini dragged him here. He doesn't understand the importance of the temple but there's something here, something the Tapu Fini needs. The sight of various Pokemon is surprising but Fernando doesn't question it. Considering their behavior, they obviously belong to someone tasked with maintaining the memorial. Instead, he ignores them, approaching the steps until his eyes settle onto the only other human here.

"...?"

She seems familiar but he can't quite put his finger on it. Not yet, at least.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2020 5:03:43 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Humans rarely came around, and those that did were usually in the business of training Pokemon, so they didn't stray too close to Pokemon who a Pokeball wouldn't capture. So a man coming so close raised some attention. Still, curiosity was raised in the Seviper and Snazzle, who trailed after the man who looked familiar in the corner of their eyes. [break][break]

"Don't burn any of this." Kaida patted Muspel on the shoulder as she set off to dump the leaves someplace more rural, anywhere but here. She could hear footsteps, human, coming closer, and could identify it was a man at least. "Oh, hello sir, we didn't know people ca-" Her voice died, the woman blinking in a mixture of disbelief and sudden fear. [break][break]

She recognized not any face, but she had to recognize the Pokemon by the man's side. Something so unique, so dignified, who else could it be? This was Fernando, the man she was supposed to avoid. [break][break]

I'm sorry, I guess you will hear from me now, Lars. [break][break]

A long sigh escaped from her. Muspel was gone, she wasn't escaping this so easily this time, and she was never good with the type of cleverness she was sure this man possessed. So, she continued her work, turning to survey her own Pokemon. "What did you come here for, sir? Not much is important here." Including, hopefully, herself.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.mthread]width:299px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px 25px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 2:43:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando doesn't put one and one together just yet. Among the many people he's been tasked with meeting only once remembering a specific person requires the biggest of impressions. Kaida's face is familiar, yes, but to tie her face to a single report among the dozen he sifts through each day proves impossible. However, the acute lethonomia pricks at the back of his mind. He only ignores it because he knows his memory will come with time. It just needs the proper trigger.

"I came to pay my respect," he answers with a small bow. His Tapu Fini doesn't show the same respect, not show much of anything outside of an otherworldly obsession with the shrine itself.

"I hope I'm not intruding or anything like that."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 3:57:14 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Having resigned herself to this talk, Kaida didn't immediately recognize that while her recognition had already happened, he was still remembering her particular face...something she could relate to, in all honesty. Still, she had a habit of not lying, and rarely felt anything personal was something to avoid, so she answered easily, "No, you're not intruding...we just live near here, we thought it polite to clean it up." [break][break]

At the shrine, Munin the Krookodile looked up, allowing herself to break away from work to offer a greeting wave to the strange one following the man. For Pokemon that simply roamed free, there was a certain discipline to them. No uneccessary mischief, a connection that suggested they knew what each other were going to do, then acted accordingly. Even the two curious Pokemon, seeing Kaida tense and abruptly relax, made their way away. They would just be in the way, and Kaida already seemed to know what was going on. She had this. [break][break]

"I never knew what these shrines worshipped, but I never saw that Pokemon you have, I suppose strange Pokemon like that are worshipped...it seems very calm." It both calmed and unnerved her, but she supposed all otherworldly things would. "How did you know to come here? Rarely anyone does."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 4:18:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Live here?"

Fernando's visibly surprised at the revelation. Considering how well kept the area seems there's no reason to doubt her but he can hardly imagine someone living on the edge of the wilderness. Not with the lack of running water an electricity. It goes without saying that Kaida can simply visit Slateport when needed but having to frequent back and forth seems like more hassle than its worth. It would be simpler to settle down within the city's borders.

"Are you a monk?"

She doesn't have to answer him directly. Fernando can gleam enough from what little she provides him. Having no idea what the shrine pays homage to is a red flag that tells him that her duties aren't pious in nature. No, she's here for another reason. Comfortably so, enough to allow her Pokemon to roam free without the fear of tangling up with feral ones.

"Ah. Tapu Fini brought me here. It leads me to places that hold nature's energy."

Tapu Fini ignores the both of them, seemingly off in its own little world. It continues to approach the shrine until it comes up to a small memorial. MISTY TERRAIN starts to seep from the Pokemon's being, foreshadowing the ritual to come.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 14:40:57 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Abruptly, a rare laugh escaped Kaida, "Not a monk! It's just easier out here, less loud than there, and my Pokemon get to live freely here even when I'm working. It's a good trade, and wild Pokemon avoid us, because they are rather strong." She didn't have enough to buy a home that could support everyone, and she wasnt going to stuff them into a machine. Even if it was pleasant, it wasnt a fate she wanted them to be in, simply waiting for her to choose them for the next battle or task. [break][break]

Kaida stepped away from the shrine as the strange one approached it, one swipe of her hands signaling her Pokemon to step away as well. The glittery terrain coming from the being was certainly one she never wanted to see again after Littleroot's incident, and she grimaced as she avoided it. "This...whatever it is...is all you came here for?" Would she really be so lucky, to see the man and have him walk away after this strange duty?

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 18:54:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Indeed. Unless there's another reason to visit here?"

The MISTY TERRAIN coagulates into a thicker fog that pools into the Tapu Fini's palms. It lasts for a few moments until, abruptly, the Tapu throws its hands into the air, harvesting what's left of the ley line's latent energy and expelling it with NATURE'S MADNESS. The spectacle is a dazzling display of yellow and pink energy exploding high above, dispersed into the air and sprinkling them in more digestible particles. It goes without saying that the Tapu Fini starts to regather what remains.

Satisfied, Fernando turns to Kaida, examining her. And then it sticks.

"Hm. You look familiar. Have we met?"

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 19:22:29 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

A shared cry of amazement came from the Pokemon around, seemingly oblivious to the humans, Kaida's group of Pokemon kept their distance as they watched the dazzling light display. All except for Ormr, who continued to support Kaida silently, looking only briefly at the Nature's Madness. [break][break]

Kaida stayed silent, presumably engrossed by the display, but replying to Fernando's question. "I thought I was the only who had trouble recognizing others...a little strange for me to know who you were first, sir." Not at all surprising, though, she considered bitterly. She thought it was easy for people to recognize others, but perhaps she wasn't important enough for recognition. If only it lasted a few more minutes.[break][break]

"We battled, Jord beat your Bunnelby. Your Raichu beat Freya." She pointed at the nearby Salnazzle, "A good tie. We both won, so it was a good battle for us." Inevitably, they were going to talk, and she would rather get this over with. Finally, she turned and bowed slightly at Fernando, "Kaida, if you'd try and remember this time."

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 20:05:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Ha ha. It's a bit difficult for me when I only meet someone once." Fernando plays off the awkwardness with a doling chuckle. Anything to downplay how frank she had been. "You end up meeting more than a couple dozen new faces every week in my line of work. It's usually the second or third time that sticks the face to a name."

He only recalls the battle because she mentions his Bunnelby. It doesn't get much use so that instantly narrows down where he would've met her. The fact that they tied means it was a traditional show match and the details slowly come back into place. "Ah. I remember that," he mentions with a drawl.

"Kaida. I'll remember that this time," he nods with a nervous laugh. For a moment, Fernando's eyes narrow, making a conscious effort to associate Kaida's name to her face when his memory comes out in full force. He'd seen that name before.

"Wait, you said Kaida? Adachi?"

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 20:50:14 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Well, this is the third time. She would see if recognition happened in rules of three. [break][break]

Kaida Adachi. "That is me." She nodded, a baring of teeth mimicking a smile. "Ranger. Kaida Adachi." She rocked back on her heels, looking as uncaring as if her name meant nothing to the world. "I've just decided to come home, my family have missed me, after all." [break][break]

"I thought you were looking for me, am I still "dead", or something? They were frightened of me, I suppose they haven't told yet? You didn't recognize me, so this must be an accident, or your Pokemon." Congratulations, Kaida. You're just drawn to all sorts of people. Illeana, and Fernando. What kind of world was this when she accidently rasn into likes and hates so easily?

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 21:02:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Despite how nonchalant Kaida may be about her situation, Fernando is anything but. He doesn't panic at the surface but his concern comes with the same cues it always does: a scrunched up face, a milder scowl, and the way his brows bend that help highlight the purple of his bags underneath. His chest tightens for a second and he can feel his heart audibly thump as if he was caught in the act.

But the only act he's guilty of is being the last to know Kaida Adachi is still alive.

"I see," is the only answer he can muster, buying time to digest while formulating something more substantial to say. "You're feeling okay, I take it?"

It's not much but it's a start.

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 21:18:57 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida had time to freak out before. While she was talking to Alexei, discussing with Lars. Discovering her own death was a frighteningly long experience, and she was exceedingly glad it was over. Now she just had to wonder how to live a second time, when she had experienced the stuff of legends. [break][break]

"I'm not harmed, or scarred." As if reminding her of its presence, the tingling burn rose in her skin, "I have this...burning, in my side. It's not a real burn though, could be my imagination." She let out a long sigh, "My family was very frightened, I shouldn't have died in their presence like that." If anything, that seemed her heaviest grievance, a long frown stretching her face down. "I don't suppose you saw my death? I didn't see my killer." Her voice rung low, the familiar fury bubbling up as she thought of the pointlessness.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 21:31:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"That's good. I'm glad you're feeling okay."

For now, casual conversation will suffice. Play into it normally and navigate a bit more to understand who exactly Kaida Adachi is. From there, he can exploit her where needed and unravel the conundrum of what happened in Littleroot. If he's lucky, it'll always give him an edge over Lars. Being able to consolidate the Rangers underneath his thumb is a lofty, unnecessary goal, but one that'll prove vital in the long run.

"Have you had that checked out yet? I know... what you experienced is unheard of but if it bothers you—"

All the talk about her family is something else Fernando denotes. The fact that she mentions her death in her presence implies they were there. As far as he knows, Adachi doesn't have family, much less anyone that was in Littleroot. Is she talking about her Pokemon? Odd, and only a hypothesis at this point, but everything about Kaida is odd so far.

"No one saw anything because so many people acted on their own accord. I tried to dig deeper into this but the recordings were damaged by what we suspect to be the culprits responsible for it."

close tab

played by

Drakka

Bestial
She/Her
November 6
Slateport (Technically)
Demisexual
Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
818 posts
Kaida Adachi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kaida
Kaida Adachi
SIMPLE [M/C]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2020 22:28:06 GMT
Kaida Adachi Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","kheader"]
[attr="class","team2"]

Kaida grunted at the casual happiness, not even certain if she should thank the man or not. Casual conversation escaped her. She didn't like the aimless nature of it, the feeling of no meaning with words she knew had meaning. [break][break]

"No thank you. It doesn't stop me from doing anything." A phantom burn couldn't be healed with medicine, and it caused no problems for her. She didn't need to waste any time healing something that might not even be there. "It is where I was bitten, it's a good clue...fire-type, likely." A bite suggests a dark-type, but she didn't want to assume anything too quickly. [break][break]

Her hands found her chin, her thoughts flowing into words with little to no filter, "Oh. Ok, that sounds like how I imagined, lots did happen...I'll have to find who killed me, have to return the favor." She spoke like she was discussing catching Pokemon, a simple enough endeavour. She turned seriously towards Fernando, hands struggling to stay by her sides and not twist into her clothing, "I have no name to call those, er, culprits. Do you think they are somebody? You have been here a long time, and people have been fighting here a long time. Are they anyone this region knows?" Even a name could lead her hunt into a more manageable direction. [break][break]

Her voice was tinged with respect, but had a sort of quickness, of ignoring a situation. This conversation would be to her benefit, she needed information, not to apologize for the past, for things she didn't even cause.

[break][break]
[attr="class","divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay