2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
training montage [m]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2020 19:00:39 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam thought they'll be having a training montage, but so far, lucas lane wasn't looking too good. he's too pale from staying in his lab for so long, and probably hasn't even recovered properly after being crippled for a while. if he knows who did it to him, priam will most likely snitch.

he got everything ready: the music, the space, and... that's it. alone in a wide field with no people, they are left with all the space to do their cardio.

on his hand was two pairs of jump rope. one was red, cause that is his favorite color. the other was also red cause it's his backup and he only gets the red one whenever he has a choice. he hands one of them to the head scientist.

"lucas do you know what this is called? it's called a jump rope." he never thought of lucas as the type to actually go out of his room and exercise, so he figured he might as well return the favor and teach him the ways. "you use it like this."

priam starts to demonstrate how to skip the rope in front of lucas lane. needing to be fit for certain rocket missions, this kind of exercise was basic for the likes of him.

"see?"

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
training montage [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 0:29:44 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"Yeah of course I know what a skipping rope is." Lucas replied defensively. "I used to use them in," he rattled his head for an accurate answer. "Kindergarten."

Lucas picked up the red skipping rope gingerly. He watched Priam's demonstration for a moment. "Yep. This'll be easy."

It wasn't easy.

Lucas repeatedly mistimed his jumps. The rope hit his leg and was landed on repeatedly. With each failure he would huff and puff enough to blow down the new rocket HQ. When he finally succeeded scrapes dotted his body from each of his falls and failures.

"You know," Lucas exhales deeply. "Maybe I need to work out more often. Because that," he wipes the sweat away from his forehead. "That was exhausting."
[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
training montage [m]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2020 14:38:00 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
the next day comes and priam tries to forget the image of lucas lane dying from jump rope. he wonders if kids from the playground played with him when he was younger.

priam jogs in place, hair tied up to a ponytail as usual, as he finishes the course he had set for the two of them to come. he had originally planned to match his pace with the head scientist, but got impatient and went on straight ahead without thinking.

he waits at the finish line for lucas lane to reach his vision. once he sees the brown hair come into sight, he ceases any movement and raises an arm, waving it in the air to get his attention.

"lucaaaaaas!" he shouts. "why are you so slow?"

the question was innocent no matter how offensive it is. they only ran from the edge to the city to a hill just beyond the route. it shouldn't be too far for his boomer bones to give up.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
training montage [m]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 2:22:53 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas was going strong for the first thirty seconds of the run. He had excellent form and breathing. Then after that initial high everything fell apart for him. His breathing became labored and body became as heavy as cement.

"Hey," Lucas breathed in heavily. "I work inside all day. I don't have time to work out."

When Lucas passed the finish line he dropped to the grass. He was absolutely exhausted.

"What's next?" He asked between labored breaths.
[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
training montage [m]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2020 19:07:08 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
priam tries to think of something easier than running, and then he scratches his head. at this point, he wasn't sure if it's because of that he's a nerd that stays in his room the whole day or if it's just because he's old.

"sit ups, i think...?" he muses. "you're already on the ground anyways!"

priam swoops down and pins lucas by his legs, providing an anchor for him to do his sit ups. priam wasn't that much tired yet, so he only figures that lucas must be exaggerating his exhaustion.

"you can do at least, uh, ten, right?"

priam doesn't actually know if ten was too much for lucas. he thought it was him already being generous, but the concept of scaling down his workout escapes him.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
training montage [m]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2020 20:07:00 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

"What?" Lucas asked as he began to slowly roll his body to face Priam. Before he managed to roll over fully Priam pinned his legs down.

"Oh god no. Please just another half minute."

After catching his breath Lucas began the workout. Hands interlocked behind his head he heaved his upper body forward. With each new sit up his body shuddered. Halfway through his six sit up his body buckled under the workout. Lucas fell back into the embrace of the grass completely exhausted.

"Just uh," Lucas breathed in heavily. "Just uh give me a moment. I definitely got this."
[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
training montage [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 6:35:12 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
lucas lane dying at around the fifth or sixth was fine since priam expected him to give up after the first. he gives him a thumbs up for a job well done, even after he wants to take a break already.

"okay!" he agrees. "i'll just be here, waiting."

priam presses lucas' knees together and rests his chin on them, staring intently at lucas' eyes. he waits for him to actually get back to the workout like an espurr waiting to be kicked towards looker.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
training montage [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 20:35:20 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Lucas closed his eyes as he rested on the ground. He relished the wind across his face and the chance to rest his body.

Lucas' eyes shot open when Priam slammed his legs together and rested a chin on them. He exhaled as he looked Priam in the eyes.

"Priam." He lingered on the name. "Get off my legs." The words lacked the usual carefree tone he had with Priam.

The situation was far from appropriate, even by Lucas' standards.
[break]

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
awards
2,322 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
training montage [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 2:23:10 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
despite lucas' protests, priam doesn't budge. instead, he looks more confused than offended for not the scientist not to want his presence gracing lucas' sights.

"why though?" he asks. "we're just doing boy things, y'know?"

lucas should consider himself lucky priam wasn't wrestling with him and pinning him to the ground until priam forces him to hand over all of his riches before he releases him. he is such a good christian boy.

"how about you finish those ten and i get off?"

he's so nice and encouraging. he'd give himself a pat in the back if lucas wouldn't try to push him off of his legs while he does that.

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
training montage [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 2:32:16 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Priam's encouragement worked wonders for Lucas Lane. The strength returned to his body and he immediately got to work. These sit ups lasted a fraction of the time as before, but Lucas didn't show a sign of care. All that mattered to him was that he reached ten.

With the final sit up done his body fell back limp. Using the last bit of his strength Lucas fist bumped Priam.
[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
training montage [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 5:08:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!!
[attr="class","reward2"]both of you receive the following: 50 poke, 5 infamy, 1x level tutor.
[break]