snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
high hopes
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 2:53:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]one precise strike to a pressure point is all it takes, apparently. for her to lose control, for her to allow anger to seep through her body like some lethal toxin. and it's painful, really, for him to be on the receiving end of it. is that worse than him being the catalyst, though?

she's solidifying what he wanted. proving the bloodline she carries like a burden, proving that despite all the trauma: she's still their daughter, their little experiment.

the recoil is instant, from the moment he speaks to the way he steps closer. her body reacts on its own like it's expecting some sort of punishment for anger. and where she wants to stop it, she can't prevent an avalanche once it's begun. "stop," she grits out. her hands rise like a barrier, like a makeshift wall between them that shouldn't be there but he's getting too close and she's teetering on the edge of lashing out. it's funny, really, how alike parents are to their child when anger is the sole deciding factor. "you're damn right you were out of line." half a snarl, half a baring of teeth that doesn't resemble her usual smile.

and like a wounded animal backed into a corner, she has two options: cower or fight. how she reacts, in the end, hinges on him and the lengths he'll go to fix the pushing, the breaking of pieces held together by scotch tape.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
high hopes
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2020 7:31:02 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]alexander has to remind himself that the person stood in front of him is still the same person he knows. which is why it breaks him to be the cause of her anguish. she flinches and in way, he does too.

"i'm sorry." 

he stops, frozen like a deerling caught in the headlights. he wants to fix this, to mend together what he can but he knows he'll only further break her. wiping away tears, he takes a step back.

"i was wrong to think that i could involve myself with your past. i never should have pushed you. i'm sorry, illeana."

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
high hopes
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2020 2:28:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she has to force herself to inhale and exhale, repeatedly. he knows he royally fucked up and berating him for it won't do any good. not with how tense she is, with the wired time bomb beneath her skin. and maybe that's why it hurts the way it does. because just like her parents, she dissolves into anger at the slightest provoke. god, it leaves a bitter taste in her mouth.

"it's fine," she finally manages to get out after a lingering silence. and eventually, she deflates back into something close to what normal her looks like. tension slowly eases out of her body and all that's left is exhaustion.

illeana heaves out a sigh and her heart hurts the moment he steps back. he's wiping away tears and she's struggling to let the anger out of that vice grip. to pry fingers away and let it go. she doesn't know how to let things go, however. they only linger and fester into wounds and insecurities. and maybe this will too but she'll try her hardest to not hold it against him. "please," she murmurs softly, eyes finding her feet on the floor. "just don't do it again. i -- i can't." she doesn't need to express what exactly it is that she can't do because he more than likely already knows.

she can't be like them. she won't.

and yet, she already is.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
high hopes
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2020 6:12:06 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]is it really fine?

somewhere deep down is a part of her he wishes he would never have to see. the anger, the pain, all of the things that make her a reyes. he knows too much and sometimes he wishes he doesn't. things would be much simpler if he could live in blissful ignorance. but alexander is not wired that way and perhaps that will be his downfall.

to her words, he simply nods, unable to do anything more. it's an unspoken promise that he knows will break eventually; it's just a matter of whether it'll be him who breaks it.

"i have some work i have to get back to." he wipes away the last remnants of tears before turning to leave, but not before one final remark. "congratulations again, illeana."

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
high hopes
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2020 2:38:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]gym battle complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]
you two receive the following: 50 pokedollars and 5 infamy.
[break]