2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
under the surface (stormy)
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 16:02:57 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

This place was heaven on earth. There was nothing but the soft swishing of the waves and the distant call of bird Pokémon. The gentle lull of the boat beneath her and the shining sunlight on her skin were like sedatives, luring her into closing her eyes and just... relax.

Skyler had come to Pacifidlog for business. One of her clients had requested a very specific type of coral and she'd only recently acquired it. She'd already delivered it and - with her business concluded - she now had the rest of the day to herself.

'When I can,' Skyler thought lazily, already half asleep, 'I will buy a house in this town and live on the ocean properly.'

Sirena was lounging next to the boat, soft snores coming from the sleeping Lapras. Amusement came bubbling up and Skyler let out a low chuckle before shifting against the makeshift bed she'd built out of her diving equipment and some nets. She'd already divested herself of her cargo shorts and ratty t-shirt, and was soaking up the hoennian sunlight in her swimming suit.

She probably should've been paying attention to the tides, making sure that Sirena wouldn't drift too far, but the currents were lazy next to the corsola reefs and anyway, Skyler was way too relaxed to even bother. She definitely should have noticed the way the boat seemed to be drifting a bit too much for a boat that was supposedly anchored.

'And I'll be able to watch sea storms much more closely... Lovely..."

And so Skyler drifted off to sleep, unaware that her boat was unfettered and getting carried away by the ocean.

● tags:
● notes: ding ding ding and so starts the discourse on how great the ocean is

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2020 16:18:38 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Stormy is by the beachy area, unwilling to commit entirely to the water, but willing enough to enjoy the sound of waves lapping at the shore. And the sun. The sun on her skin was always incredible.[break][break]

But her Fletchinder squeals overhead, stirring her from her lazy sunbathing nap. The woman lifts her sunglasses, peeking out over the ocean and she very suddenly is gripped with panic and surprise.[break][break]

"O-oh my god!"[break][break]

She stumbles to her feet, reaching for a Pokeball, for anything, for something.[break][break]

"Wadjet? Wadjet!"[break][break]

It occurs to her halfway through Pokeball rifling that the black Charizard is already out of her Pokeball and lazing on the beach nearby. The Pokemon rumbles a note of affirmation, opening one eye lazily. Stormy's panic quickly brings her out of her drowsiness and she's unfurling her wings.[break][break]

Before long, the pair are flying low over the waves and calling out for the woman who, to her, looks like she's tangled up in nets and whatnot and drifting out to sea. How reckless and dangerous![break][break]

"Wake up! Wake up, you're drifting away!"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2020 15:18:20 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler was having the most pleasant dream. It had something to do with, strangely enough, watermelon. The pleasant feeling followed her as she slowly regained consciousness. She blinked her eyes blearily when a shadow fell over her, blocking out the sunlight.

"An angel...?" Her eyes adjusted to the image above her, even as her brain struggled to wake up. "Wha...?"

It was then that the words, fraught with alarm, reached her ears. Skyler jumped from her resting position, the nets she'd been resting on tangling with her limbs and causing her to stumble and almost fall into the waves. She caught herself at the last second and the small boat swayed dangerously beneath her.

By the boat's side Sirena had woken up, none too pleased that her nap had been interrupted. She huffed and looked around, then turned her head to give Skyler a deadpan 'I'm-not-impressed' stare.

There was a moment's pause while Skyler shook away the last vestiges of sleep. She swore profusely when she finally looked around and saw where she was.

"Not again," she groaned, letting herself fall back against the nets. She could now see that she'd been woken up not by an angel (she really hoped the girl hadn't heard that), but by a girl riding a very curious-looking Charizard.

Skyler held up her hand over her eyes to protect them against the sun's glare and addressed her timely savior. "Thank you for waking me up! The last time this happened I woke up halfway to Slateport!"

● tags:
● notes: sorry for the late reply!

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2020 16:53:11 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Stormy was absolutely close enough to hear the woman refer to her as an angel - and it immediately prompts her to blush and gasp for air even though she wasn't drowning. Wadjet feels her trainer's control slacken in her surprise and embarrassment and she pulls back sharply - misinterpreting Stormy's reaction as encouragement to pull away.[break][break]

And, because of that, Stormy slips up and falls off of the Charizard's back and makes a grand splashing entrance into the water. She gasps, flailing to the surface before awkwardly and clumsily making her way to the side of the woman's boat. She slaps her hand down, leaving an imperfect handprint before grabbing hold.[break][break]

"Well, that was downright humiliating. I am so sorry. I panicked, thought you were in danger. Clearly.. clearly you're just fine, my apologies."[break][break]

But she's laughing, thankfully, even if it is an awkward, quiet chuckle. She moves to pull herself up and out of the water, dripping wet and out of her element - literally.[break][break]

Wadjet rumbles in concern but there's also a note of amusement in the beast's throat as she circles from above. There's no danger, so the dragon is in no hurry to get any closer to the water.[break][break]

"This happens often? Aren't you scared of getting caught in a storm or something?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2020 18:19:48 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

It was with a growing sense of disbelief that Skyler saw the girl slip, fall, and promptly splash into the ocean. She went immediately on alert, not knowing if the girl was okay or if she knew how to swim. She was ready to dive into the water when she saw the small figure swim her way to Skyler's boat. Well, kind of swim. Or, maybe, just move her arms in a way that somehow propelled her forward.

'What is she doing?' Honestly, Skyler had no idea how the girl managed to reach her boat, but she was kind of impressed given the technique.

Skyler immediately moved things out of the way to make enough space for the girl in her tiny boat. "I'm glad you woke me up. This kind of thing happens more often than I'd care to admit, honestly." Skyler fished out a towel that she normally used to dry sensitive equipment. "Here, in case you want to dry yourself." There was a long pause and Skyler gingerly sat down, looking pensive. "Being able to watch a sea storm from so close actually sounds really cool though."

Sirena apparently had had enough of being ignored because the next thing Skyler knew, her hair was being bitten by a very annoyed Lapras.

"Ow, Sirena!"

The Lapras had the nerve to laugh at her and used a flipper to splash some water onto Skyler, who just sighed and promptly wrung out her hair. Sirena moved closer and let her head affectionately bump against Skyler's. "Yes, I know I'm a reckless idiot."

Skyler turned back to the strange girl in her boat. "Might as well introduce myself." She stretched her hand. "I'm Skyler Dross and this is my annoying Lapras, Sirena. Pleased to meet you."

● tags:

[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2020 18:42:00 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

While the woman moves stuff out of her way, Stormy is careful to not be as clumsy and terrible when she clambers onto the boat. She's dripping wet and instinctively raises her hands to wring her dark hair out. She looks a bit like a drowned rat, but her general lack of clothing - given she had previously been sunbathing - made it easy for the sun to warm her skin and dry her.[break][break]

But she takes the tower to squeeze moisture from the tips of her hair and dry her hands for the upcoming handshake. She would quickly return the towel, however, an awkward and embarrassed smile warming her cheeks with a deep blush.[break][break]

It deepens with how downright adorable the interaction between the Lapras and the woman was, and she can't help herself but to laugh out loud.[break][break]

"I remember when Wadjet was like that. In fact, she still acts out sometimes if I give the Charmander more attention than her. Cheeky girl."[break][break]

Skyler introduces herself and holds out a hand and Stormy is wide-eyed and floored by the warm welcome. She eagerly returns the handshake with a brilliant smile and relieved laughter.[break][break]

"Stormy! And please, the pleasure is all mine! I apologize again for interrupting your nap - I've made an ass out of myself. Ranger habits die hard, I guess. I'm always prepared to rescue, even if people don't need it."[break][break]

She smiles awkwardly, scratching the back of her head.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2020 22:13:52 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler took back the towel and quickly made a mental note to take care of the mess inside her boat. She was usually alone in these journeys, but that was no excuse to turn into a slob, especially when it came to her boat.

"I'm sorry for the mess, but I'm not used to having another person on board. Space is a bit of a luxury in the ocean," Skyler said with an embarrassed chuckle, subconsciously leaning into Sirena's cool neck. "Have you had your Wadjet for long? She looks impressive to be honest. Sirena here is very opinionated, but she means well. I couldn't imagine my life without her nagging- ow!"

The girl rubbed her head, but there was a shadow of a smile on her lips. "Case in point."

The sound of Stormy's laughter made Skyler's own smile expand and then it suddenly morphed into a playful grin. "You made quite the grandiose entrance, Stormy, I'll give you that. Points for creativity."

The boat swayed gently underneath her and Skyler closed her eyes for a moment, feeling the movements of the ocean. When she opened them again, there was a curious glint in them. "So you were or... are a ranger? I thought of applying, but then it just never happened. Marine Pokémon have been behaving strangely lately. I have to be careful when I go diving. Pick easy-to-escape routes." Her hand subconsciously went to cover a set of scars on her arm, but she caught the movement midway through the motion. "You don't look very comfortable in the ocean though."

● tags:
● notes: hah the crux of the matter is brought up!

[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2020 22:26:30 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

"No, no, please - you wouldn't have had to worry at all if I hadn't dropped in... literally."[break][break]

She licks her lips anxiously, clearly feeling out of her element and like she was definitely intruding. That is, until Skyler breaks into a smile at her laughter. That's the real ice-breaker.[break][break]

Stormy glances up at Wadjet when she's mentioned. The Charizard is practically preening as she lazily circles - she clearly liked when the attention was on her.[break][break]

"Not that long, honestly. She was a gift from a good friend of mine - but she's become my best friend within a few years. We're two peas in a pod."[break][break]

Stormy glances from the needy Lapras to the woman before tucking herself into an equally grandiose bow, arms stretched behind her as she pretends to curtsy.[break][break]

"I do what I can with what I've got."[break][break]

She giggles as she stands back up, brushing hair out of her face with the back of her hand. A strand gets caught on her pinky and she tugs at it absently as she glances around the boat idly - probably awkwardly.[break][break]

"I still am, sort of, when I'm needed. It's a little more complicated now - but for the most part I hang out with the rangers doing what I'm good at."[break][break]

Since joining the elite four, her focus had changed - but only slightly. For now, Hoenn wasn't in desperate need of the elite to keep order or what have you, so she was ultimately free to do as she pleased until she was needed. It was both freeing and incredibly nerve-wracking.[break][break]

The woman exhales softly, a happy tune to her voice. [break][break]

"We could always use more ocean-savvy rangers. There's a place for everyone, after all."[break][break]

Of course, this leads to Skyler asking her about the ocean, picking up immediately on the fact that Stormy was definitely not ocean-savvy. Stormy chuckles nervously, tapping her foot as she glances out at the water.[break][break]

"No, I'm not, honestly. I'd much prefer to be deep in the belly of a forest fire than freezing my cheeks off in the ocean. I never have to fear drowning in flames, I guess."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 12:51:47 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler had precious little time for other activities outside of her job. Being her own boss had its advantages: she could make her own schedule and have as many days off as she wanted, but she never really found a reason to do that. She loved the sea. Then again, if her job as a ranger consisted of seaside activities it could be doable.

"Maybe I will apply again, given that I can work up a schedule with my job as a diver. You sound very fond of them, which is a plus. What I know about rangers is only what people tell me, which isn't always the more accurate version of things," she said with a wry grin.

Skyler's eyes followed the nervous glance Stormy gave the ocean and the tap-tapping of her foot against the bottom of the boat. The expression on her face turned from a cheerful curiousity to a sort of bewildered horror.

"You'd rather be in a forest fire instead of out on the ocean?! A forest fire? What?! What did the ocean ever do to you?!" The tanned girl suddenly stoop up and gestured to the water around them. "The ocean is beautiful and amazing and it is filled with all sorts of treasures!"

The sudden movement made the boat rock dangerously from side to side, but Skyler didn't seem to have noticed it, her sea legs used to rough seas. She continued, "And yes, it can be scary and at times even terrifying, but it's also all the more breathtaking for it. You have to respect the ocean." She paused. "Kind of like you have to respect a forest fire. Honestly, a forest fire..." Skyler grumbled under her breath, her impassioned speech loosing its momentum.

Then, as if a sudden thought had struck her, Skyler put her hands on her hips and addressed Stormy. "You're afraid of drowning?"

● tags:
● notes: ...

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 15:40:09 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

"And what do people tell you?"[break][break]

Curiosity sparks in her gaze as she watches the woman, a slight head tilt adding to her intrigue. Stormy was beyond passionate about the rangers - it had been the career that had taken her to where she was now. They had taught her strength and courage and to tame her passion. Without them, she may never have made it this far.[break][break]

Of course, those dreamy thoughts are quickly dashed by Skyler's loud disbelief. It literally sways the boat and Stormy gasps, feeling her balance be taken from her as the boat lurches beneath her. It makes her nauseous and her face flushes pale.[break][break]

"H-hey now, be careful!"[break][break]

Instinctively, Stormy reaches forward to brace herself against Skyler's elbow, fingers desperate to find purchase on someone or something that's actually stable. If allowed, she would hold on tight to the woman's elbow, drawing herself a little bit closer to catch her breath.[break][break]

"The ocean is dark, cold, and, I'll admit, downright terrifying. Forest fires are usually the same - I never have to doubt myself or it's capability for destruction. Drowning though?" [break][break]

She shudders. [break][break]

But she muses over the comparison between the two, the suggestion that they both demanded respect. She could respect that. But even still, the thought of willingly diving into the dark sounded awful - like you were begging to be swallowed up by the waves never to be seen again.[break][break]

At least a fire was bright and bold and warm. [break][break]

"Of course I'm afraid of drowning! Who isn't?"

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 17:27:24 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler thought for some time of what she'd heard about the rangers. Mostly good things, given the work that they usually did around the region. "Rangers are usually viewed as regional heroes of sorts. There is always someone grumbling about them not being efficient enough, but that's just people for you." The girl shrugged, blowing a curl away from her face. "In my opinion, as long as you're trying to do good, you're an alright person in my book."

In retrospect, Skyler thought, maybe she shouldn't have made the boat sway so much. She didn't do it on purpose, but the look on Stormy's face made her immediately regret her decision. It would be a jerk move to make the boat sway even more, especially when the other person apparently had some sort of phobia regarding the ocean.

So when Stormy reached for her elbow, Skyler let her and actually put her hand on top of Stormy's shoulder. She wasn't all too sure what to do to comfort someone, so she only hoped she wasn't botching it up too much. "Hey, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I get pretty passionate about the ocean - I'm sure you've noticed." The grin was back, although kind of hesitant.

Only when she was sure the other girl had calmed down a little bit did Skyler let go of her shoulder, covering the unassuming blush on her face with a small cough. "The ocean can be all of that, but it also gives you a little bit of a leeway." Skyler had thought about drowning quite a few times, given her chosen profession and its risks. However, she'd never thought of it as being scarier than, say, being the victim of a robbery.

"Being on the ocean carries its risks, but so does everything else. The ocean can and will be merciful if you adapt. If you know what you're doing and grow familiar with its moods and whims, there is a whole other world to discover down there. Not so cold and terrifying after all." She pointed to the water around them. "It's like swimming - if you fight against the water you won't do much progress. But if you let yourself go, if you adapt to its swaying, you'll be able to float without expending any energy or even thinking about it. You'll kind of become part of it."

Skyler was serious enough while speaking, but then, after a small pause, she laughed. "I'm sorry, I know I get intense over these things." Her head leaned in Stormy's direction and she whispered, as if telling her a secret. "I'm also afraid of drowning, I always have to face that fear when I go down there. But I have resources that allow me to feel more at ease. Much like you and forest fires I think; I would panic if I ever found myself in one."

● tags:
● notes: speech speech specch

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2020 22:53:24 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

Stormy chuckles breathlessly, shrugging. It was what she had expected to hear, honestly.[break][break]

"The rangers do what they can, their best. We aren't perfect by any means."[break][break]

The boat steadies and so does she, especially thanks to Skyler's hand on her shoulder. She squeezes the woman's elbow in thanks but doesn't let go until she's sure that her legs belong to her again. She brushes hair out of her face and smiles despite the paleness in her cheeks.[break][break]

"Hey, no, it's all good. I'm the odd one out here, that's all. No harm done, no harm."[break][break]

She winks then, straightening up and glancing around at the water she seems so passionate about.[break][break]

"Passion is good anyway, I can appreciate it. Everyone should be passionate about something, and the ocean definitely deserves someone as devoted as you seem to be."[break][break]

And the way she spoke of the ocean was so damn passionate it rocked the boat with emotional weight instead of physical. Stormy finds herself appreciating the woman more and more the longer she explains. There's excitement in her tone, pure adoration. What surprises her more is how easily she can accept and compare her passion for forest fire exploration to her diving. [break][break]

"Don't ever apologize! Be as intense as you'd like, I love it!" [break][break]

When Skyler leans in, Stormy giggles, leaning in in return to listen to her confession.[break][break]

"If you weren't afraid, I'd think you might be an angel yourself - some sort of immortal fearless being."

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 7:27:43 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"I'm not sure my parents would agree with you on the devoted part. They're always telling me to take a break and smell the flowers. I think they also mean it literally." The girl sighed and scratched the back of her head, feeling slightly humbled by the Stormy's ready acceptance of her enthusiasm. Most people, Skyler though, would have been either bored or weirded out. Who was this girl?

"Maybe we should be heading out?" Skyler put a hand over her eyes to shield them from the sun and noticed a nearby beach. Stormy would probably feel better in dry land and Skyler herself had a few plans that involved getting the girl to swim properly.

When Stormy mentioned her being an immortal fearless being, Skyler couldn't help throwing her head back in loud, joyful laughter. She was careful not to rock the boat too much, but the whole thing was just too funny.

Wait.

What'd she say about an angel?

Oh no.

The realization was slow to come, but soon a wave of mortification swept over Skyler and she groaned, burying her head in the palms of her hands. She said something, but the words could barely be heard as anything but a vague mumbling through the gaps between her digits. 'I can't believe she heard that. Ugh. I think I might just throw myself into the ocean.'

She nearly did it too. She peeked out of the corner of her eyes at the increasingly inviting waves, but in the end decided to tough it out. She still didn't show her face, too embarrassed. "Ugh, I can't believe you heard the angel thing," she said, voicing her thoughts and cursing her sleepy subconscious.

● tags:
● notes: that time skyler nearly yeeted herself into the ocean out of embarassment

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2020 23:12:42 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

This girl was Stormy Silph, an actual doll of a human being - usually. When she wasn't a total hothead drama queen with a penchant for being over-the-top and overzealous.[break][break]

"I mean -- smelling flowers is good too. I could use a nice picnic or something sweet in a field of flowers. Sometimes taking breaks to do just that is very good for the soul."[break][break]

She chuckles, tucking hair behind her ear. The sun has begun to work its magic on drying her hair - along with her natural warm-blood thanks to Moltres' gift. [break][break]

Skyler suggests they head to shore and the woman is visibly relieved to hear that. She had been considering hitching a ride on Wadjet - but didn't want to be rude. That, and she hadn't really wanted to leave just yet. She was making a new friend![break][break]

And when the woman throws her head back in laughter, Stormy is eager to join in, more than happy to laugh alongside. Or, at least until Skyler's expression morphs into some sort of horror. Had she said something wrong?[break][break]

Oh. Right. The angel thing. She definitely wasn't supposed to have heard that. What a terrible oversight on her part. Stormy blushes furiously in response to her friend's humiliation. The girl won't even look her in the eye anymore.[break][break]

"I'm so sorry - but I thought it was sweet, honestly. First time I've ever been mistaken for an angel. Quite flattering, but definitely not accurate. I-- I didn't mean to humiliate you. Please forgive me."[break][break]

She pauses, chewing her lip.[break][break]

"You're far more angellic than I - if that.. if that makes any of this less awkward. Probably not. It's the hair. You have nice hair."[break][break]

To try and lighten the mood or make things less awkward, she goes in for a fist-bump.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 8:06:46 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

A picnic, huh? Skyler hadn't given it much thought, but a picnic did sound nice. Now she only needed to get that field of flowers, somewhere. Were there any near Lilycove? Honestly, Skyler had no idea. She knew the sea, but the rest was kind of a blur. She knew Mt.Pyre where she'd gotten Vox, but... Well, it wasn't the best place for a picnic, was it? Ghosts notwithstanding.

The wave of mortification that Skyler felt was slowly, but surely, ebbing away. She didn't dwell on past situations (even recent ones, her emotions could be somewhat fickle), no matter how embarrassing they might've been and how much she felt like throwing herself overboard. Which still was, she thought, a possibility.

And why was Stormy apologizing? If anything, Skyler should be the one doing it. The whole situation was so ridiculous that it managed to snap Skyler mostly out of it, even if her cheeks were still colored pink. She cleared her throat and with herculean effort forced herself to look Stormy in the eyes. "No no no no, you really don't have to apologize at all. It wasn't your fault, I was asleep and I guess it is kind of silly. I was really out of it. In my defense, against the sun it looked as if you had wings and-"

Skyler had never been called angelic in her life. Well, maybe when she was a child, but if so she didn't remember it. Skyler blinked owlishly and scratched her head, perplexed. And nice hair, too? Well, it was a wild mess of curls that more often than not frustrated Skyler. But she guessed it was nice. "Thank you? I think? It certainly is new to be called angelic. I don't think my parents or a great many people would agree with you on that though," a small grin returned to her face as she said this. Angelic, huh? It did have a nice ring to it...

She immediately responded to the fist-bump, feeling the rest of her embarrassment melt away at the familiar gesture. "Okay! So, we're going to head to land." Skylar moved through the diving equipment, cursing under her breath when she stubbed her little toe. She recalled Sirena back into her Pokéball (the Lapras was too slow to follow the boat) and started the motor.

"Hold on to the side of the boat. It will be a gentle ride, but it might make you feel safer."

Skyler made sure not to go too fast to keep the small trek smooth and easy. Sometimes when at sea she liked to go full speed ahead and feel the wind in her hair, but she wasn't sure Stormy would be of the same opinion. Plus, they were close to the beach.

In no time the small vessel had bumped into the sand, and Skyler immediately jumped out to push it further into the sand just so it was not going to drift away. She made sure to put the anchor in the sand at the side of the boat, grunting with effort (that thing was heavy) just in case the tide came in.

All done, she turned to look at Stormy, hands on her hips. "So, are you ready to learn how to swim properly?"

● tags:
● notes: skyler is horrible at geography when it comes to land canon